Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Carnaby - Red vinyl
Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: June 3, 2022 05:29

ALL music has been removed from the Carnaby store. I wonder if that means there are no more red edition vinyl to come? I was hoping/hanging for Exile. Just need a reasonably priced Sticky to complete my current set

Rod

Re: Carnaby - Red vinyl
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 3, 2022 05:38

Looks there to me...maybe try again:

[carnaby.therollingstonesshop.com]

Date: June 3, 2022 07:37

treaclefingers

Ah yes, that’s the US shop of course, which I didn’t check. I shop at the UK one as I’ve had two items go astray from the US shop. And never had an issue with the UK one. Also postage is way cheaper to OZ from the mother country!

Thanks. I’ll hang out for red Exile.

Rod

Date: June 3, 2022 19:37

bitusa2012
treaclefingers

Ah yes, that’s the US shop of course, which I didn’t check. I shop at the UK one as I’ve had two items go astray from the US shop. And never had an issue with the UK one. Also postage is way cheaper to OZ from the mother country!

Thanks. I’ll hang out for red Exile.

Always directs me to the US site automatically...I had to google it to get there.

Interesting, yes that is odd. I wonder what's up?

*** And the interesting thing is there every only is one item for sale, the 3 LP HONK as every other album is sold out and has been from within 5 or so minutes of being on sale, with the possible exception of the Copacabana splatter vinyl which took a bit of time to sell out - guessing the price was a big factor.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-03 19:40 by treaclefingers.

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: June 3, 2022 19:58

treaclefingers

*** And the interesting thing is there every only is one item for sale, the 3 LP HONK as every other album is sold out and has been from within 5 or so minutes of being on sale, with the possible exception of the Copacabana splatter vinyl which took a bit of time to sell out - guessing the price was a big factor.
No surprise.
1. 'Red' vinyl and splatter Copacabana were limited editions.
2. Original announcement for red 3LP HONK was - it will be a 'permanent item' in the shop. It is not 'limited edition' like the others.
Thus, everything is sold out but HONK.

Date: June 3, 2022 23:11

ironbelly
treaclefingers

No surprise.
1. 'Red' vinyl and splatter Copacabana were limited editions.
2. Original announcement for red 3LP HONK was - it will be a 'permanent item' in the shop. It is not 'limited edition' like the others.
Thus, everything is sold out but HONK.

Yeah thanks ironbelly...I'd made an assumption that everyone knew that already, so sorry I didn't make that clear.

The point being they have all these other 'vinyl carcasses' strewn across the music section, when the music section really only ever has one item available in it, HONK.

I was Wondering if that's why the music section out on the UK site or if something else is going on? And of course on the US version it still exists for the moment.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: June 5, 2022 04:33

For those of you who have purchased from the US site, do the items ship from the US or UK? I'm wondering if there are any currency conversion fees. When I bought my setlist print from Ronnie's site, I thought it was a US site, as I swear it was a .com, but there were currency fees, and I would have used one of my credit cards that didn't charge them. Before I order from Carnaby's US site, I want to make sure I don't have the same problem. Appreciate the help!

VL13

Date: June 5, 2022 06:26

VoodooLounge13
For those of you who have purchased from the US site, do the items ship from the US or UK? I'm wondering if there are any currency conversion fees. When I bought my setlist print from Ronnie's site, I thought it was a US site, as I swear it was a .com, but there were currency fees, and I would have used one of my credit cards that didn't charge them. Before I order from Carnaby's US site, I want to make sure I don't have the same problem. Appreciate the help!

VL13

They post from the US if you buy from the US site.

Rod

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: June 5, 2022 07:22

bitusa2012
VoodooLounge13

VL13

They post from the US if you buy from the US site.

Thanks Rod!!

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 5, 2022 07:30

Where's Carnaby ????

that guy always posted cool early shots of da Stones .....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: thunderball ()
Date: June 5, 2022 10:49

There’s no more Carnaby red vinyl releases for the foreseeable future. They were intended to get people into the Carnaby store but unfortunately a queue for a limited Queen record at their store (also in Carnaby Street) got very nasty and the police had to be called. The local authority have since banned any future events. The red vinyl IORR had already been pressed and was sold on the website. A real shame as the plan was to release the entire backlog on red over time.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1821
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home