Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456
Current Page: 6 of 6
Re: Under The Radar
Posted by: drake ()
Date: November 19, 2005 09:32

Its not the fanclub dvd. The case/art looks the same except when you open up the case there's a grey tongue on the inner art and the 2nd disc.

Is anyone else feeling like these two tracks would make a killer single? A side: Under The Radar, B side: We Dont Wanna Go Home (or ONNYA)

BTW, I've never been to the Derby. I guess I should go at some poing in my life. (...UofL!)

Posted by: rob ()
Date: November 19, 2005 09:39

Thanks,

Posted by: Reptile ()
Date: November 19, 2005 09:52

Nics songs.

Lyrics, anyone?

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: November 19, 2005 10:12

What a suprise - early in the morning.........smiling smileygrinning smileywinking smiley
We don't wanna go home - wow - first part of the lick reminded me of AC/DC - its great.
love it. stiff upperlip.
Jagger gets it back to a Stones original.
Do i hear Keith innit? think so - heheh

Under the Radar - ya - sounds a little bit like Child of the Moon
but the (Ronnie?) sliding makes it great aswell.
Taylor is lurking, but Ronnie is tougher rock'n'Roll.
Raunchy rough guitars - some background noise - ilove it - THE RoLLING STONES.

Oh dear
Drake, I hope you haven't got yourself in trouble
I'm worried about you.
I will buy this music as soon as it's in the shop around me, but it sure had to be released on the web like ABB on rs.com anyway.
so your just one messenger - and not to blame .
It had to be done .
Thank you
---------------------

and have mercy on him

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: November 19, 2005 11:28

This Keef's Riff is the same of '5 string riffin' (voodoo session) or not???

Posted by: gaigai ()
Date: November 19, 2005 18:16

these are fing good. Abb spec is still not in stores here, but when it comes, my first thing will be to buy. I want to burn a cd with my absolute favs since voodoo. The title will be Darryl, or 4/5, dunno. These two songs will be on it. But how to make a normal audio-file out of the dvd-thing? Does anyone know?

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: November 19, 2005 20:51

gaigai Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The title will be
> Darryl, or 4/5, dunno.

4/5 could be a cool title!!

Posted by: cirrhosis ()
Date: November 19, 2005 21:06

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-12-22 05:29 by cirrhosis.

Posted by: highanddry ()
Date: November 19, 2005 21:16

Jeez, I have to admit I wonder what people hear that have them raving about these "great" songs and "what a shame they weren't included on ABB instead of [pick a song]"

These two are bland, generic, anonymous Stones throwaways, like most of ABB. I can tolerate We Don't Wanna Go Home, but I won't be running to put it on the CD player. ABB itself was exiled to the CD rack about a week after I got it, another second-rate dust collector from the Stones.

Worst of all, listen to that horrible, obnoxious vocal by Mick on Radar. What a total piece of shite.

Yeah, it is stylistically similar to the great Child of the Moon, but just as Dan Quayle was no Jack Kennedy, Under The Radar is no Child of the Moon.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 19, 2005 21:21

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: November 19, 2005 21:29

Retirement Village Basics and Top 10 Tips - learn the basics about retirement villages and pick up a few important tips.

haha - good one, Rockman

Posted by: swsfo ()
Date: November 19, 2005 21:43

Wow - just listened to UTR for the first time - it rocks! Love the raw sound of the guitar and the vocals by Jagger - (will be good to hear this in 320 kbs vs. the 228 kbs version that I downloaded).

Now I will check out "We Don't Want To Go Home".....

Posted by: drake ()
Date: November 19, 2005 23:15

Buy the dvd smiling smiley

Posted by: Promoman ()
Date: November 19, 2005 23:22

I just love UTR

Thanks Drake

Posted by: crash ()
Date: November 20, 2005 05:25

...BRILLIANT!!!... love both of 'em... many thanks for sharing, drake...grinning smiley grinning smiley grinning smiley

cheers - crash smiling smiley

Posted by: R ()
Date: November 20, 2005 21:23

Thank you very kindly. Once again Drake is a giant, even among the lofty standards of Stones fans!

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: November 21, 2005 18:11

i am listening to radar now! they're crazy they're out of their heads to leave out a song like this from ABB
how could they did that
and, don't know who said that it sounded a bit like Child of the moon
well it sure does
and it's good
they're crazy

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: November 21, 2005 18:16

WDWGH is average but the line at the end... "we dont wanna go home we just wanna get stoned" is worth the whole cheesy package!

Posted by: Chas ()
Date: November 21, 2005 18:53

Can't get that chorus out of my head. Love how Keith chimes in during "we just wanna get stoned"...just like he does when Mick sings about "drinking on the couch" in Biggest Mistake. If there's drinking or smoking involved Keith's there.

Posted by: deuce ()
Date: November 21, 2005 22:48

Under The Radar is one of the best songs the band has come up with in the past 25 years. The fact they can still write songs like this leads me to believe if they really wanted to they could still create albums on par with the best work of their past (well at least some of it). Call me crazy, but I enjoy Under The Radar that much. Maybe I'm just caught up in the moment.

Posted by: Chas ()
Date: November 22, 2005 01:54

I think part of the problem of why they haven't had a "great" album in a long time is they haven't had the right production. The producer can make or break a group sometimes. George Martin's production was as important as the songwriting to The Beatles. Look what Mutt Lange did for AC/DC and look at their records w/o him afterwards. Jack White for Loretta Lynn. Rick rubin for Johnny Cash.

I just think the Stones need someone with more of an "organic" touch Don Was is too crisp.

Posted by: deuce ()
Date: November 22, 2005 01:59

Well, I love the work Rubin did with Mick for his Wandering Spirit album. I think that sort of production could benefit the Stones, now that you mention it.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: April 16, 2019 18:29

deuce
Under The Radar is one of the best songs the band has come up with in the past 25 years. The fact they can still write songs like this leads me to believe if they really wanted to they could still create albums on par with the best work of their past (well at least some of it). Call me crazy, but I enjoy Under The Radar that much. Maybe I'm just caught up in the moment.

I agree.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 17, 2019 06:19

35love
deuce

I agree.

more like the last 39 years...

Goto Page: Previous123456
Current Page: 6 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2089
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home