Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 2 of 6
Re: Under The Radar
Posted by: gaigai ()
Date: November 18, 2005 20:36

Nobody is willing to share nothing, as I see. Well. Thanks.

Of course it's yours what you bought, but are you all so selfish? It's ok, but next time please don't write your opinion, how fantastic the new songs are. Keep also your opinion for yourselves, not just those to songs. You ruined my day. I sit here waiting, can't think of anything else, while I should be working. Am I sick? Yes. I'm a Stones-fan.

Bye.

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: November 18, 2005 20:38

gaigai - that's uncalled for, IMO. It's absolutely ILLEGAL to post these tunes, so I can't understand why you'd expect anyone to

Posted by: crossfire ()
Date: November 18, 2005 20:41

T&A,
How are the new tunes as I'm assuming you've heard them?

Posted by: Ross ()
Date: November 18, 2005 20:44

I will send a copy of a Stones Boot DVD or cd of your choice from my collection to anyone who can email me the two new tracks!

Thanks in advance if you can!

Rock_cd@hotmail.com

Ross

Posted by: gwen ()
Date: November 18, 2005 20:45

T&A Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> gaigai - that's uncalled for, IMO. It's absolutely
> ILLEGAL to post these tunes, so I can't understand
> why you'd expect anyone to

Yep - It's also illegal most of the time to record shows, trade or sell bootlegs, take pictures, trade or resell tickets. Don't forget that copyright also applies to outtakes - these songs are also Jagger/Richards' property.

Posted by: cirrhosis ()
Date: November 18, 2005 20:48

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-12-22 05:26 by cirrhosis.

Date: November 18, 2005 20:51

gwen Wrote:
> T&A Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > >
> Yep - It's also illegal most of the time to record
> shows, trade or sell bootlegs, take pictures,
> trade or resell tickets.

uh...actually, most of the time these activities are not illegal (selling boots, excepted). Recording shows violates no laws whatsoever. same with taking pictures...in fact the Stones are encouraging that this tour.

Posted by: sf37 ()
Date: November 18, 2005 20:54

There is something to be said about waiting for the moment the songs become officially available, and then unwrapping and playing that brand new unspoiled CD for the first time, full of anticipation and suspense. Similar to Christmas morning, some people prefer not to sneak a peek at the gifts beforehand. Based on this, I don't mind holding off till early next week.

Ride like the wind at double speed.....

Date: November 18, 2005 21:01

The user agreement you are supposed to comply to when you buy a ticket (printed on the back of the ticket) usually forbids recording, photographs and reselling/trading - at least in Europe - that's illegal in the terms of the contract.

Also copyright is not restricted to just commercially available material. It applies to all copyrighted material, and whether it is traded or sold does not matter at all.

Date: November 18, 2005 21:04

perhaps it's splitting hairs, but the "user agreements" on the back of a ticket are not synonymous with the "law" in the US.

Date: November 18, 2005 21:05

Dear T&A,

I discussed the thing with Reptile, but once again: I downloaded abb-track, most of them before the release, this gave me fantastic 2-3 weeks, to wake up with IORR, Stonesdoug etc. and listen. After that I listened to the whole album on rs.com, then on the 5. of september I bought the cd, and what a pleasure it still was to have it in my hands, to see the booklet, read the lyrics and so on. So your statement - it's illegal to downoad, Jagger-Richards property - might seem right, but in my case it's wrong. Jaggers and Richards intrests will not be hurt, if I can download the tunes now, cause I buy them next week anyway.

Regards

Date: November 18, 2005 21:09

It's splitting hairs, indeed - you'll need a good lawyer if you want to sue back the venue/artist - my point was that sharing commercially released songs is no more illegal than the usual trading/selling/recording of outtakes or private recordings. But then I am splitting hairs too ;-)

Date: November 18, 2005 21:14

sf37 Wrote:
> There is something to be said about waiting for
> the moment the songs become officially available,
> and then unwrapping and playing that brand new
> unspoiled CD for the first time, full of
> anticipation and suspense. Similar to Christmas
> morning, some people prefer not to sneak a peek at
> the gifts beforehand. Based on this, I don't mind
> holding off till early next week.

There is also something to be said about the moment the moment when you open your wallet to pay for 2 songs that should anyway have been included in the original release of A BIGGER BANG, And then the rustling sound of the bills when unwrapping them and giving them over the counter and playing that special rip-off edition, realizing you been once more taken for a ride. Money gone, Christmas over before it began.

Probably the Stones need your money to actually buy the Mercedes Benz for which they are (disgustingly) advertising.

What about liberating these two stolen tracks? What about the original pirate mentality of the wildhearted Stones fan?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-11-18 21:17 by F.U.C. the Captain.

Date: November 18, 2005 21:15

Mr. Lawyers!

You are very clever, now we all know, but also a bit boring. Discussing law and rights...huh...I want music!!!!

Posted by: G. the Cock ()
Date: November 18, 2005 21:22

Just stay cool people about that, please. The Stones - if they want it - could take me to the court for uploading "Honest Man" or anything uploaded by anybody here recently! There's definitely NO difference if you upload self recorded, bootleg or official stuff - it's just the same...not legitimated. That's it!
If I remember correctly, I've had my "Bigger Bang" album nearly complete as mp3 some time before its actual release and nobody, NOBODY, complained about legal matters when the stuff came up on message boards long before album's release date. Weird discussion today!

Truth is stranger than fiction

stoned greetings
G. The Cock

Date: November 18, 2005 21:24

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-12-22 05:27 by cirrhosis.

Date: November 18, 2005 21:24

Thank you, G. The Cock

Date: November 18, 2005 21:25

Yuo are 100% right.

Date: November 18, 2005 21:33

-

Posted by: drake ()
Date: November 18, 2005 21:39

I'm driving to pickup my copy of Rarities and ABB S.E. so I'll be back in about 30 minutes and I'll upload the tracks for everyone to dig. No FLAC, just a compressed mp3 for everyone to get an idea cause I know we're all on the edge of our collective seats... 30 minutes.

Date: November 18, 2005 21:41

cirrhosis Wrote:
> In reality, people online don't really give a shit
> about copyright violations. If you really want to
> go by the letter of the law, most websites violate
> stuff every day.

Cirrhosis, I see your brain hasn't cirrhosed at all, it seems it works much better than the ones of some guys around this board. You are welcome.

Date: November 18, 2005 21:43

Thanks drake!

Posted by: micawber ()
Date: November 18, 2005 21:45

Drake, you rule!

Thanks so much!!!

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: November 18, 2005 21:47

Thanks Drake!

Posted by: G. the Cock ()
Date: November 18, 2005 21:51

Drive carefully, drake, and thanks very much!!!

Truth is stranger than fiction

stoned greetings
G. The Cock

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: November 18, 2005 22:02

Drake, the Man.

Date: November 18, 2005 22:09

May I kiss your ass, Drake? Call you Sir Francis? Would you like to put your foot on my neck? Hail & praise to the Drake however!

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: November 18, 2005 22:14

21:39 - 22:09...where are you Drake??!

Date: November 18, 2005 22:29

Drake, please tell us you didn't fall asleep!!

Me I'm waiting so patiently......

Date: November 18, 2005 22:29

-

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 2 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2022
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home