Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3738394041424344454647
Current Page: 47 of 47
Re: Charlie Watts Dies at 80
Posted by: Scooby ()
Date: March 19, 2022 00:48

I’m another that said no Charlie then no Stones.

But if Charlie said to the other Stones that the show must go on without him then maybe that extends to us fans?

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: March 19, 2022 00:51

They should go on as long as possible, before we'll only be able to see Stones tribute bands and hologram shows..

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: March 19, 2022 00:55

Scooby

But if Charlie said to the other Stones that the show must go on without him then maybe that extends to us fans?

It's more or less your personal decision whether you continue as a fan without Charlie. Looks like the new Studio-Album will also have Tracks with Steve Jordan on drums.

Date: March 21, 2022 21:51

Rip Charlie †

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: March 21, 2022 21:57

What if Charlie actually said the show must stop and Mick & Keith are just making it up to have an excuse to keep touring and to make a profit of Charlie's legacy?

Posted by: ronniewoody91 ()
Date: March 21, 2022 22:02

NilsHolgersson
They should go on as long as possible, before we'll only be able to see Stones tribute bands and hologram shows..

tbh I wouldn't mind seeing hologram shows of them in the 70s since I wasn't alive then xD grinning smiley it's the only way I could ever see them "live" and not just on DVD without a time machine...I'd so love to see the show they played at the Marquee in 1971...

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: March 22, 2022 03:14

I believe Charlie told them to continue if they wanted to because why would Charlie have told them to stop. Charlie was not selfish and self-centered as much as one can know.
Rockandroll,
Mops

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 22, 2022 03:34

NilsHolgersson
What if Charlie actually said the show must stop and Mick & Keith are just making it up to have an excuse to keep touring and to make a profit of Charlie's legacy?

What if Charlie actually said the opposite though?
Of course he would want the band to go on. Assuming this isn't sarcasm, quite a repulsive thing to imply.

Love this interview with Charlie.

Rolling Stones drummer Charlie Watts on live plans, a new album and the end of the band

Posted by: PatrickS77 ()
Date: March 22, 2022 13:15

NilsHolgersson

Well. Then he's an idiot. And selfish. He's dead. Why would he care? Why would anyone demand others to stop doing what they love, because he knows that he will die?? Makes no sense.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 2, 2022 04:12

Glad to see the Charlie tribute is still present for this tour - opening night in Madrid:

(screenshot from youtube video courtesy of EdBmusic).

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: June 2, 2022 07:11

Yes, I’m glad to see the tribute continuing - very appropriate. It certainly shouldn’t stop with last year’s U.S. tour - Charlie has many fans all around the world.

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: June 2, 2022 08:56

It shows a complete lack of understanding of the Stones to think Charlie would ever in a million years want them to stop when he was gone.
Part of being a fan is knowing the nod and wink that that goes along with much of what they say.
Charlie’s attitude was always tongue in cheek,”I’d rather be home”but let me help design the stage, the artwork for the t-shirts and go out there and kill it every night with a smile on my face.
As a writer once said “ with all his insincerity what Jagger is hiding is his absolute sincerity”
Think of the effort we put into being fans then imagine the effort it takes to BE the Stones. The band was and is everything to them.

Posted by: Scooby ()
Date: June 2, 2022 08:58

Happy heavenly birthday Charlie, we miss you!

Posted by: DocChill ()
Date: June 2, 2022 10:11

Don McAulay, Charlie Watt’s drum tech for ten years, pays tribute to Charlie for his birthday, placing his drum key where Charlie always would before... love it!

video: [www.facebook.com]

Happy birthday Charlie, we'll never forget you smiling smiley!

Date: June 2, 2022 10:55

DocChill

Don McAulay - Charlie Watt’s drum tech for ten years pays tribute to Charlie for his birthday, placing his drum key where Charlie always would before each show.

By The Rolling Stones - [Twitter.com] , [www.Facebook.com] , [www.Instagram.com] .

Date: June 2, 2022 11:00

81st Birthday of Charlie - you'll be unforgotten ....

(Show-Intro Madrid 1-Jun-2022)

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 2, 2022 11:16

Thanks for posting that photo Irix - thumbs up - much better than the screenshot I posted earlier.

Thinking of Charlie on his birthday, and still missing him - he'll always be remembered.

Posted by: Lady Jayne ()
Date: June 2, 2022 11:52

lem motlow
It shows a complete lack of understanding of the Stones to think Charlie would ever in a million years want them to stop when he was gone.
Part of being a fan is knowing the nod and wink that that goes along with much of what they say.
Charlie’s attitude was always tongue in cheek,”I’d rather be home”but let me help design the stage, the artwork for the t-shirts and go out there and kill it every night with a smile on my face.
As a writer once said “ with all his insincerity what Jagger is hiding is his absolute sincerity”
Think of the effort we put into being fans then imagine the effort it takes to BE the Stones. The band was and is everything to them.

I so agree with this. They can't stop themselves.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3738394041424344454647
Current Page: 47 of 47

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 349
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 6295 on November 30, 2021 14:09

Previous page Next page First page IORR home