Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Two questions regarding WOAF video
Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: August 18, 2021 01:43

>Dude next to Jagger is Tosh.

Believe whatever you like, that is incorrect.

jb

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: August 18, 2021 01:52

jbwelda
>Dude next to Jagger is Tosh.

Believe whatever you like, that is incorrect.

jb

Who is it then?
After numerous sources identified him as Tosh, including his own site, onus is now on you to disprove it,

Not that hard to dig yourself out of this hole really, once you get the hang of it.
"I stand corrected" or something similar would suffice.

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: August 18, 2021 02:12

Who is it? Like I know every random dread in New York City or something? Its some random dread they picked up at central casting thats who he is. Just like those other cats. I thought maybe they were players in a reggae band or something but do not recognize any of them. They were not in any band ever associated with peter tosh such as Taxi Gang or Soul Syndicate, I can tell you that for sure.

Tell you what, show me one photo of Peter Tosh with a shaved face within five years of when that vid was done and I will concede. Because I know for sure you will not find one.

My best friend was Peter Tosh's manager for about five or so years back then, but he passed away a few months ago. Otherwise I would query him, but I do not really need to because I am positive that isn't Peter Tosh.

But, whatever, its not the end of the world to me. Go on believing what you believe, because you read it on the internet.

PS: those sites maybe are correct and maybe Peter Tosh is in the video, but he is not sitting on that porch. Maybe he was in some scenes and they were cut from the final film or something but I never saw Peter Tosh sitting on the stoop in the video.

jb

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-18 02:19 by jbwelda.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 18, 2021 02:23

You know Roger Steffens jb
so try asking him ... hed know for sure

ROCKMAN

Date: August 18, 2021 02:26

jbwelda
Who is it? Like I know every random dread in New York City or something?

jb

Look up "onus" in the dictionary.

It's up to you to disprove it at this point, as the man's identity has been sufficiently proven.

Date: August 18, 2021 02:33

Mick Jagger of “The Rolling Stones” and Peter Tosh (bottom left) filming the “Waiting on a Friend’ video | Nancy Heyman/Michael Ochs Archives/Getty Images
[www.cheatsheet.com]

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: August 18, 2021 02:34

Ok listen up

When the guy and Mick are sitting together Micks knees and shoulders are slightly above his. That means Mick has longer shins and torso which would make him taller.

Peter Tosh was 6’ 5”. This guy is shorter than Mick so this is not Peter Tosh

Look at the 1:24 mark of the video. This guy isn’t even 6 foot tall. If Mick is 5 10 this guy is at least an inch shorter

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-18 02:38 by More Hot Rocks.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: August 18, 2021 05:36

LOL!!!!!

It doesn't matter to me if it is or isn't. It means NOTHING. As pointed out Tosh's tour dates make it extremely unlikely he was there for the video shoot.

Similar to the "is that Mick in FOR YOUR EYES ONLY" clip.

Based on information posted about who/what was where... it's NOT Peter Tosh. Yet so many sites, including his own, say he was, and some say that he was (the dreaded dude) shaking Keith's hand who despisable faggy fag germs Mick sat next to.

Perhaps Mick or Keith will mention it soonish... and they can't be believed given their glorious track record of who recorded on what, overall (the exceptions being Sugar Blue, Sonny Rollins, Sly Dunbar, Memphis Horns), or what album this or that song is from during a show or how to write a book.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 18, 2021 07:09

Obviously not Peter Tosh.

Posted by: z ()
Date: August 18, 2021 12:11

sf37
Hello everyone! I’m curious about a few appearances in the “Waiting On A Friend” video - - perhaps one of you may be able to shed some light, please?

1) At about the 2:10 mark, the camera focusses in on a “punk-rocker-looking” dude sitting in a window while Mick and Keith stroll on past. Is this fellow anyone we are supposed to recognize, or is it just a random shot?

Cheers!

That's Eddie...

Date: August 18, 2021 12:26

GasLightStreet
LOL!!!!!

It doesn't matter to me if it is or isn't. It means NOTHING. As pointed out Tosh's tour dates make it extremely unlikely he was there for the video shoot.

Similar to the "is that Mick in FOR YOUR EYES ONLY" clip.

Based on information posted about who/what was where... it's NOT Peter Tosh. Yet so many sites, including his own, say he was, and some say that he was (the dreaded dude) shaking Keith's hand who despisable faggy fag germs Mick sat next to.

Perhaps Mick or Keith will mention it soonish... and they can't be believed given their glorious track record of who recorded on what, overall (the exceptions being Sugar Blue, Sonny Rollins, Sly Dunbar, Memphis Horns), or what album this or that song is from during a show or how to write a book.

He toured in June, not July. But as you say: It's doesn't really matter smiling smiley

Posted by: sf37 ()
Date: August 18, 2021 13:17

z
sf37
Hello everyone! I’m curious about a few appearances in the “Waiting On A Friend” video - - perhaps one of you may be able to shed some light, please?

1) At about the 2:10 mark, the camera focusses in on a “punk-rocker-looking” dude sitting in a window while Mick and Keith stroll on past. Is this fellow anyone we are supposed to recognize, or is it just a random shot?

Cheers!

That's Eddie...

Great article! Thanks z for sharing this!

Date: August 18, 2021 13:20

Ha! Good for Eddie thumbs up

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: August 18, 2021 14:36

The real question is "Who is the geezer on the cane at the beginning of the video?" Freddie Sessler, Allen Klein, Prince Rupert, Bill Wyman?

Note the chill in the air from Mick when Keith tries to hug him.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1790
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home