Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3738394041424344454647...LastNext
Current Page: 42 of 68
Re: Tour 2022 rumors - The Rolling Stones
Posted by: MAF ()
Date: March 6, 2022 20:24

Lien
The legendary rockers — Mick Jagger, Keith Richards and Ronnie Wood — will unveil their plans for the milestone gigs on March 14

[www.thesun.co.uk]
That means the medical checks for the insurence were made without any problems, right?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-06 20:25 by MAF.

Posted by: EJM ()
Date: March 6, 2022 20:45

The notoriously unreliable Mirror says mick and Keith have been working together in Jamaica ?

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: March 6, 2022 20:46

Well, we saw photos of Mick in Jamaica and a photo of Keith's amp in Jamaica...

Posted by: EJM ()
Date: March 6, 2022 21:02

Promising ?

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 6, 2022 21:15

"Yet they happily confirmed that their late drummer — the steadfast presence they'll have to get used to not seeing when they turn around onstage — laid down his parts for a number of songs before he died.
“Let me put it this way,” Richards said. “You haven't heard the last of Charlie Watts.”
[www.latimes.com]

I think they announce the new album and tour simultaneously.
Some wishful thinking I know.. but I believe that's got to be the intent at least.

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: March 6, 2022 21:46

On RS FB:
“Music is a language that doesn’t speak in particular words. It speaks in emotions, and if it’s in the bones, it’s in the bones.” - Keith Richards

Maybe the start of a pre tour excitement plan?

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: March 6, 2022 22:09

I would almost rather the new album not be associated with the tour than figure out how any new songs would fit into a 17 song set.

And I know a random one or two off gig/livestream with lots of new songs following the album release would never happen. I was kinda hoping they would have done that with A Bigger Bang because it sounded like a lot of those songs were meant to be played live but rarely/never were.

Date: March 6, 2022 22:10

schwonek
On RS FB:
“Music is a language that doesn’t speak in particular words. It speaks in emotions, and if it’s in the bones, it’s in the bones.” - Keith Richards

Nah, wouldn't read too much into this one. They post these things every now and then.

Posted by: snorton ()
Date: March 6, 2022 22:28

Hyde Park summer gig?

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: March 6, 2022 23:44

snorton
Hyde Park summer gig?

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

Obvi. And this: "It is not clear whether the band will perform anywhere on July 12, to mark 60 years since their first gig." It would fit right in there but it would be interesting to know whether they plan something special. Maybe a flatbed truck in front of the old Marquee or Edith Grove?

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: March 7, 2022 00:14

schwonek
snorton
Hyde Park summer gig?

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

Obvi. And this: "It is not clear whether the band will perform anywhere on July 12, to mark 60 years since their first gig." It would fit right in there but it would be interesting to know whether they plan something special. Maybe a flatbed truck in front of the old Marquee or Edith Grove?

A livestream where they play a few old songs from that setlist, thank the fans and pay tribute to Charlie, Brian and Stu. I mean that's more realistic than a 2 hour rarities set in a theatre and not quite as exclusionary as the celebration is ours as much as it is theirs.

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: March 7, 2022 00:36

Dan
schwonek
snorton
Hyde Park summer gig?

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

A livestream where they play a few old songs from that setlist, thank the fans and pay tribute to Charlie, Brian and Stu. I mean that's more realistic than a 2 hour rarities set in a theatre and not quite as exclusionary as the celebration is ours as much as it is theirs.

A couple new and fresh ideas! The flatbed truck sounds interesting but the crowd control and risks involved are the downside.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 7, 2022 00:48

YEAh a flatbed MONSTER truck .....

Ill drive it ... flames shootin' from the stacks .........

ROCKMAN

Posted by: carlitosbaez ()
Date: March 7, 2022 01:12

It won't be at Bernabéu for sure, 100%. Don't know where you got the info. It will be at Wanda Metropolitano. Source: www.dirtyrock.info

Carlitos
Tenerife

Date: March 7, 2022 08:15

A show in Paris would be great cool smiley

Date: March 7, 2022 10:11

slewan
Rollin92
Is a RAH gig still in play?

has it ever been in play? Or was it a rumor propelled by wishful thinking?

I will repeat this: my sources (two of them) who told me that the RAH was on, have been right before. Case in point: they knew exactly when and where the Charlie tribute show at Ronnie Scott's was going to happen.

It obviously doesn't mean they are going to be right about the RAH. But my impression certainly wasn't one of just wishful thinking on their part.

Date: March 7, 2022 10:47

No news from bv so I assume the announcement will still be next wednesday ?

Date: March 7, 2022 11:06

Well, The Sun has them announcing the tour a week from now (on the 14th).

Posted by: Karlos123 ()
Date: March 7, 2022 11:21

Topi
Well, The Sun has them announcing the tour a week from now (on the 14th).

14th has always been the rumored onsale date. Maybe they got that wrong? But yeah, still suspiciously quiet in the Stones camp. Although they could have decided against a large campaign due to current events, but still announce „out of the blue“.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-07 11:22 by Karlos123.

Date: March 7, 2022 11:27

The rumored onsale date? Where did you get that?

Yes, it's possible they announce right out of the blue (much like they did with the rescheduled 2021 dates), but doubtful.

Ah, the suspense! winking smiley

Date: March 7, 2022 11:32

Topi
The rumored onsale date? Where did you get that?

Yes, it's possible they announce right out of the blue (much like they did with the rescheduled 2021 dates), but doubtful.

Ah, the suspense! winking smiley

Wasn‘t that part of the Austrian news reports? Announcement 9th with tickets 14th?

Date: March 7, 2022 11:57

Oh OK, I think I missed that part. I did see the Austrian news stories saying it would be a tour of 14 shows...

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: March 7, 2022 12:22

I don't think the would start to sell tickets on a Monday. There will be various pre-sale before and they won't take place during the weekend

Date: March 7, 2022 12:37

Fridays seem to have been pretty popular public onsale days in recent years. Was the case last year, in 2019, and in 2018 at least.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-07 12:44 by Topi.

Date: March 7, 2022 12:48

slewan
I don't think the would start to sell tickets on a Monday. There will be various pre-sale before and they won't take place during the weekend

Could be Monday for the presales. General sale Friday. Well, we‘ll know soon.

Posted by: Ram ()
Date: March 7, 2022 16:58

Looking at these rumored shows and thinking Lyon and Vienna would be fun and unique places to see the Boys. However trying to plan travel between these 2 great cities. Could anyone who is familiar share the best route? Train would be preferable however I am unfamiliar with train routes in Europe.

Thanks in advance!

Date: March 7, 2022 17:07

Ram
Looking at these rumored shows and thinking Lyon and Vienna would be fun and unique places to see the Boys. However trying to plan travel between these 2 great cities. Could anyone who is familiar share the best route? Train would be preferable however I am unfamiliar with train routes in Europe.

Thanks in advance!

it's a 13 hours train ride…

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: March 7, 2022 17:21

schwonek
On RS FB:

That's in ACCORDING TO THE ROLLING STONES, it's nothing new.

Date: March 7, 2022 17:46

GasLightStreet
schwonek
On RS FB:

That's in ACCORDING TO THE ROLLING STONES, it's nothing new.

of course it's not new. but schwonek's point was that they did post it now

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: March 7, 2022 18:10

Ram

Train would be preferable however I am unfamiliar with train routes in Europe.

It takes indeed 13 hours from Lyon to Vienna by train. You could take the French highspeed-train TGV from Lyon to Zürich via Dijon and then the ÖBB Railjet from Zürich to Vienna.

Trip-planners (in English) are available at French [www.SNCF.com] , Swiss [www.SBB.ch] , Austrian [www.OeBB.at] and German [www.Bahn.com] .

London is connected with Paris and Brussels by the highspeed-train [www.Eurostar.com] . The Eurostar has its own Terminals and you have to check-in (plus security-check) like at an Airport.

From Paris to Brussels to Cologne you can also go by the highspeed-train [www.Thalys.com] . Germany's highspeed-train is called ICE (InterCityExpress).

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-07 20:40 by Irix.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3738394041424344454647...LastNext
Current Page: 42 of 68

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1821
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home