Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3435363738394041424344...LastNext
Current Page: 39 of 68
Re: Tour 2022 rumors - The Rolling Stones
Posted by: GerardHennessy ()
Date: March 3, 2022 20:59

bobo
GerardHennessy
Lien
Ticket alarm and customized biography eventim.de

The Rolling Stones can claim many superlatives for themselves. Above all, they are the oldest rock group on the planet - in 2022 the British cult band will celebrate their 60th anniversary

For more than half a century, the legendary Rolling Stones have
embodied the spirit of rock 'n' roll like no other music group. Although a few other musicians have played in the band over the years, the core is still frontman Mick Jagger (born 1943), Keith Richards (also born 1943) and Ronnie Wood (born 1947). Charlie Watts was behind the drum kit almost from the start, before the drummer passed away in 2021 at the age of 80. That the other members will carry on despite this bitter loss is as certain as the Amen in the church - "the rolling stones" cannot be stopped by anything.

[www.eventim.de]

Whatever The Stones embody now, it sure ain't the spirit of rock'n'roll. The spirit of business, commerce and financial paydays maybe. But certainly not rock'n'roll.

And I'm afraid I see nothing superlative in them being the oldest rock group on the planet. That feels more like a marketing strapline for a musical novelty act. 'Roll up. Roll Up. Come see the oldest rock band in the world. Marvel at their ability to stand upright without falling over. See and hear them play their own instruments and sing AT THE SAME TIME. Roll Up. Roll Up...'

Its enough to make me weep...

Weep away

Never fear my friend - I will do just that. You please continue to enjoy what The Stones have become. I will continue to mourn for what is no longer there

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 3, 2022 21:16

The Rolling Stones would kick off their European tour at Madrid's Santiago Bernabéu Stadium in early June, according to the music journalist
@julian_ruiz
[twitter.com]

LOS ROLLING STONES INICIARAN SU GIRA EUROPEA EN MADRID, EN EL BERNABEU, EN JUNIO

Será antes del 5 de junio, porque tienen su segundo concierto europeo en el Olympik Stadium de Munich. De esta manera se confirman los rumores de que los Rolling Stones iban a iniciar su gira europea ,en Madrid, en el estadio Santiago Bernabeu, quizá para celebrar los fastos del monumental estadio del Real Madrid.
[www.plasticosydecibelios.com]

Posted by: spunky ()
Date: March 3, 2022 21:23

MisterDDDD
The Rolling Stones would kick off their European tour at Madrid's Santiago Bernabéu Stadium in early June, according to the music journalist
@julian_ruiz
[twitter.com]

LOS ROLLING STONES INICIARAN SU GIRA EUROPEA EN MADRID, EN EL BERNABEU, EN JUNIO

Será antes del 5 de junio, porque tienen su segundo concierto europeo en el Olympik Stadium de Munich. De esta manera se confirman los rumores de que los Rolling Stones iban a iniciar su gira europea ,en Madrid, en el estadio Santiago Bernabeu, quizá para celebrar los fastos del monumental estadio del Real Madrid.

Only because it's on the rumor list before Munich?

Date: March 3, 2022 21:26

spunky

Maybe.

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: March 3, 2022 21:39

spunky
MisterDDDD
@julian_ruiz
[twitter.com]

Echo chamber. Sr. Ruiz's site shamelessly lifted the itinerary from IORR - even the editing notes: "Updates 2022: Feb 15: Tour 2022 pages published. Feb 24: Hyde Park London rumored shows added. Feb 24: Munich rumored shows added. Feb 25: Lyon FR"

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: March 3, 2022 22:05

I would love them to open in Munich as I come from Germany. But Madrid is very nice too. Just a few more days and we will know.

Posted by: daniel t ()
Date: March 3, 2022 22:10

Irix
daniel t

Do I need to create an account at ticketmaster.as Austria?

Wait for the official Tour-announcement by the Rolling Stones. Under [RollingStones.com] you'll find all links to the official Ticket-sales. These links are also the only official way to get Lucky-Dip-Tickets first hand.

Eventim is a large company in Europe and the main competitor of Ticketmaster there. They have also subsidiaries beside Germany under different names, e.g. [www.oeticket.com] in Austria, [www.ticketcorner.com] in Switzerland or [www.TicketOne.com] in Italia. It's not clear yet if the Stones will use Ticketmaster or Eventim for the Ticket-sale. FanSale is btw the official fan-to-fan Ticket-resale by Eventim.

You can try to log-in with your Canadian Ticketmaster-data at Austrian [www.Ticketmaster.at] - either it works or you'll need to register again.

Thank you for the tips.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: March 3, 2022 22:27

Topi
Well there we go. Up to seven stops (out of 14?) now, so there's the other half left to figure out.

While I have the floor, it was brought to my attention that Live Nation Finland was supposed to make a stadium concert announcement for the newly-renovated Helsinki Olympic Stadium a week ago, but it got pushed back by two weeks - to next week. Coincidentally, the Stones tour is expected to be announced next week as well...

Finland - it hurts me to say - has never been that big Stones country (people just listen the Beatles or metal), but I wouldn't mind seeing them here...

- Doxa

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: March 3, 2022 22:57

Doxa
Topi
Well there we go. Up to seven stops (out of 14?) now, so there's the other half left to figure out.

While I have the floor, it was brought to my attention that Live Nation Finland was supposed to make a stadium concert announcement for the newly-renovated Helsinki Olympic Stadium a week ago, but it got pushed back by two weeks - to next week. Coincidentally, the Stones tour is expected to be announced next week as well...

Finland - it hurts me to say - has never been that big Stones country (people just listen the Beatles or metal), but I wouldn't mind seeing them here...

- Doxa

well, six shows since 1965 => [www.setlist.fm]

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: March 3, 2022 23:10

The Beatles? What are you talking about, Doxa?

Anyhow...back on topic.

The Johann Cryuff Arena in Amsterdam is rumored for a mid-June show.

(Try to book a guided tour there in June and see which dates are unavailable!)

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-03 23:23 by Topi.

Date: March 3, 2022 23:25

MisterDDDD
spunky

Maybe.

Also BV sometimes puts "wrong dates" on the list just to see where they show up. In this case there is no specific date but it is suddenly reported that they open in Spain.

Posted by: a bigger nut ()
Date: March 3, 2022 23:36

Topi
The Beatles? What are you talking about, Doxa?

Anyhow...back on topic.

Good Point.
Unavailable June 11-14.smiling smiley

I am going to join this tour for 3-4 shows with Hyde Park x 2, mid June to early July schedule is main concern to me.

Date: March 3, 2022 23:51

I've never been to Amsterdam before, and a weekend show there would be just perfect; I would actually skip Munich over Amsterdam in a heartbeat. Currently eyeing 3-4 shows as well but we'll see.

Date: March 3, 2022 23:53

Topi

Plot thickens smileys with beer smoking smiley

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: March 4, 2022 00:23

Topi
I've never been to Amsterdam before, and a weekend show there would be just perfect; I would actually skip Munich over Amsterdam in a heartbeat. Currently eyeing 3-4 shows as well but we'll see.

Add me to the 3 or 4 show crew. 2 Hyde Park and after.

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: March 4, 2022 00:26

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: March 4, 2022 01:27

Topi

Not available: 11th-14th June and 27th-30th June (the dates are shown till end of June)
Enough time for building up the stage, show and leaving?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-04 03:48 by MAF.

Posted by: Mabru ()
Date: March 4, 2022 09:07

MAF
Topi

Not available: 11th-14th June and 27th-30th June (the dates are shown till end of June)

The time slot 27-30 June is for building up the stage for dance event Sensation on July 2nd.

Posted by: bart-man ()
Date: March 4, 2022 09:41

Mabru
MAF
Topi

The time slot 27-30 June is for building up the stage for dance event Sensation on July 2nd.

Maybe Nijmegen or the Pinkpop Festival field is also a possibility. Pinkpop will be held from June 17 till June 19

Date: March 4, 2022 10:19

What I was told was specifically Amsterdam Johann Cruyff Arena, mid-June.

As far as Pinkpop, do they still have headliners left to be announced?

Posted by: Mabru ()
Date: March 4, 2022 10:39

Topi

According to this tweet from yesterday there is one more act to be announced for the sunday

[twitter.com]

Date: March 4, 2022 11:06

Mabru
Topi

According to this tweet from yesterday there is one more act to be announced for the sunday

[twitter.com]

no way pinkpop booked the stones. They will sell out with this program, or close to it. It would be bad economics if they book the stones for the festival.

Maybe an extra day and profit from the infrastructure, but it would be a stand alone concert for sure.

Date: March 4, 2022 11:09

Topi

I am in.

Posted by: Karlos123 ()
Date: March 4, 2022 11:51

Shouldn‘t we have posters hanging and a social media campaign started by now? If the announcement really is next week?

Date: March 4, 2022 11:57

That's a good point. They usually do like to tease us with the posters/billboards/whatever they come up with - for a couple of days.

Of course, if the announcement is planned on the Wednesday, March 9, there's technically still time to run the ad campaign over the weekend/early next week. But it would have to start right about now...

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: March 4, 2022 12:11

Topi
Of course, if the announcement is planned on the Wednesday, March 9, there's technically still time to run the ad campaign over the weekend/early next week. But it would have to start right about now...
Announcement on March 9: When will the presale start? On the weekend (March 12/13)? I don't remember the timing for the tour in 2018.

Posted by: Stone601 ()
Date: March 4, 2022 12:18

I remain of the idea that before the end of March we will not know anything official ..... obviously I hope to be wrong

Date: March 4, 2022 12:59

MAF
Topi
Announcement on March 9: When will the presale start? On the weekend (March 12/13)? I don't remember the timing for the tour in 2018.

It's impossible to say. But in 2018 they announced the tour on February 26th and "fan club" pre-sales commenced for some shows on February 27. The general sale began on March 2nd.

By the way, February 26, 2018 was a Monday - traditionally not a weekday you announce a tour on - but back then they did.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-04 13:02 by Topi.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: March 4, 2022 13:02

Topi
MAF
Topi

It's impossible to say. But in 2018 they announced the tour on February 26th and pre-sales commenced on February 28 (American Express presale at least) with the general sale on March 2nd.

By the way, February 26, 2018 was a Monday - traditionally not a weekday you announce a tour on - but back then they did.

in 2018 I bought my LD tickets for London on March 2nd…

Beside that: As far as I remember signs/posters/hints for an upcoming tour in 2018 showed up in different cities well before the official announcement

Date: March 4, 2022 13:04

Yes, the posters started appearing/were first reported on February 21, 2018, 5 days before the announcement. The Stones also started running "No Stopping" on their social.

It's documented in the old thread and BV's 2018 news page. [iorr.org]

And slewan, of course you bought your Lucky Dip on March 2nd, the first day of the general onsale smiling smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-04 13:06 by Topi.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3435363738394041424344...LastNext
Current Page: 39 of 68

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1746
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home