Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: When Noel Gallagher had Xmas with Keith Richards
Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: June 20, 2021 10:25

DGA35
There's a good Youtube vid from Vogue where they ask 73 questions to assorted celebrities. The one with Liam from Sept 2019 is good, he seems to have mellowed out. Some funny answers to the questions. Can someone post it here?

[m.youtube.com]

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: June 20, 2021 10:41

Regarding the Vogue interview posted above: the interviewer really irritates me. Not sure if it’s the accent, or banal questioning. I understand it’s rapid-fire, off-the-cuff exercise and totally unrehearsed, but...

Posted by: Rocktiludrop ()
Date: June 22, 2021 00:29

Big Al
DGA35
There's a good Youtube vid from Vogue where they ask 73 questions to assorted celebrities. The one with Liam from Sept 2019 is good, he seems to have mellowed out. Some funny answers to the questions. Can someone post it here?

[m.youtube.com]

Refreshing isn't he, answers the questions quickly because he speaks the truth from the heart, doesn't need to sensor himself.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 22, 2021 04:06

Big Al
It baffles me somewhat when I read that Oasis didn’t ‘break America’, etc. What’s The Story (Morning Glory?) sold well stateside, didn’t it? All their albums faired reasonably well on Billboard. Certainly, they were never huge there, but not were they unknown, like so many of Oasis’ British contemporaries. They were far more popular in the U.S. than, say, Blur, their closest competitor in the U.K.

Perhaps Oasis were just too British for America. That’s probably why they could never sell-out stadiums, say. I’m sure it isn’t because they ‘suck’

Oasis were pretty darn big here during the first two albums as far as I recall. I bought both of those albums on vinyl, all the singles with the excellent B-sides, and several bootlegs of the time.
They were also all over MTV for at least a few years during that period. I also loved Blur, but yes they never did quite hit it in the US anywhere whether radio or MTV or wherever.
I saw them live in 2015 at the Hollywood Bowl, and Damon Albarn was saying how amazing it was to be playing at such a historical venue, while also pondering out loud why they never
could quite make it big in the US back in their heyday. Everyone in attendance roared approval to show him and the band love and appreciation, and it turned out to be one of the greatest concerts ever.
I've also seen Oasis a couple of times, but that Blur show was way better for a variety of reasons, and because it was somewhat of a reunion w/a brand new album, I felt lucky to be experiencing it all.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1960
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home