Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4
Re: When Noel Gallagher had Xmas with Keith Richards
Posted by: terraplane ()
Date: June 15, 2021 10:24

Oasis were great. Noel was a great songwriter although not so much these days in my opinion. Liam is one of the greatest front men of all time.

Posted by: Rocktiludrop ()
Date: June 15, 2021 10:31

Great and funny story from Noel, i wonder if Keith has met Liam, i remember an awards ( Q Awards) where it was said Liam was flicking his cigarette Ash into Mick Jaggers hair, as old as Keith was I'm not sure Liam would have been so disrespectful to Keith, maybe there would have been consequences for Liam.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-06-15 10:44 by Rocktiludrop.

Date: June 15, 2021 11:33

terraplane
Oasis were great. Noel was a great songwriter although not so much these days in my opinion. Liam is one of the greatest front men of all time.

I'm one (of the few) who likes Liam's attitude, and I really like him as a frontman (mainly because he's so different from the rest).

But... come on! smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-06-15 11:34 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 15, 2021 11:47

Liam and Noel were funny bleeeeeeedin'
geezers in interviews but in real life
theyd be like medicine ... ya can only take em in small doses

ROCKMAN

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-06-15 12:40 by Rockman.

Date: June 15, 2021 12:28

Rocktiludrop
Great and funny story from Noel, i wonder if Keith has met Liam, i remember an awards ( Q Awards) where it was said Liam was flicking his cigarette Ash into Mick Jaggers hair, as old as Keith was I'm not sure Liam would have been so disrespectful to Keith, maybe there would have been consequences for Liam.

no way this story is true, Liam would never be part of the shows in 2018.

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: June 15, 2021 12:59

StonedRambler
MadMax
the newcomers of today's music scene will never reach the heights of the 50's, 60's, 70's 80's and 90's artists
"ok boomer."

Oh sorry did I insult you pal? IF YA CAN NOT DISCUSS MUSIC IN THIS FORUM WITHOUT INSULTING FELLOW IORRians I SUGGEST YOU STOP VISITING THESE PAGES.

THANK YOU.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-06-15 13:22 by MadMax.

Date: June 15, 2021 13:10

GasLightStreet
MadMax
Two legends which I've had the pleasure to meet and shake hands with, Noel G I've even kissed on the cheek and talked football with for hours. Soon there will be no legends left when they've all croaked, the newcomers of today's music scene will never reach the heights of the 50's, 60's, 70's 80's and 90's artists. Except for Keith of course who will outlive us all, including the cockroaches.

One legend. The other is an idiot. Saying that Noel Gallagher is a legend is ridiculous. He's a Gallagher, just like his POS brother. You have made a grave mistake of putting Noel Douchebag Gallagher in the same category as Keith.

Well in my book he is GSL. Although not at the same height as Keith of course (although both are around 5.6 feet tall), but Oasis made me listen to the Stones more than just being satisfied with the copies of Rolled Gold and Beggar's back in the 90's. Noel stated back in 97 that Exile is the greatest record of all time, hence I bought it. Thank GOD for that.

Oasis were always more like the Stones than the Beatles, ESPECIALLY live. I know because I've seen both acts more than 30 times each. The both Gallagher brothers are also very nice, humble and forthcoming to their fans. Slapping paparazzis should be mandatory cause all paparazzis are scum bar none. Even Mick Jagger did that back in 1977 when walking in N Y City with Jerry Hall so it ain't a new phenomenon.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-06-15 13:11 by MadMax.

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: June 15, 2021 14:05

MadMax
StonedRambler
MadMax
the newcomers of today's music scene will never reach the heights of the 50's, 60's, 70's 80's and 90's artists
"ok boomer."

Oh sorry did I insult you pal? IF YA CAN NOT DISCUSS MUSIC IN THIS FORUM WITHOUT INSULTING FELLOW IORRians I SUGGEST YOU STOP VISITING THESE PAGES.

THANK YOU.
No you seem totally insulted by those two words I humorously wrote in quotation marks (like that's what a young person would say to you). Actually tells more about you.

Date: June 15, 2021 14:21

StonedRambler
MadMax
StonedRambler
MadMax
"ok boomer."

THANK YOU.
No you seem totally insulted by those two words I humorously wrote in quotation marks (like that's what a young person would say to you). Actually tells more about you.

Cheers mate!

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: June 15, 2021 14:45

Oasis started out on the indie label Creation Records. To me Oasis approached a semi-great status for a period, by virtue of their first two albums. I still like them a lot. After that, the band seemed to fade though.

However, much more important acts on the label Creation were in my opinion My Bloody Valentine and my special favourites, the shoegazer band Slowdive.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: June 15, 2021 14:54

Rocktiludrop

I would hazard a guess that Liam has met Keith, given that he was the warm-up act for the Stones in London in 2018. One of the few warm-up acts I looked forward to and bloody good he was too. Others may - and will - disagree!

Posted by: Adams ()
Date: June 15, 2021 15:16

Beast
Rocktiludrop

I would hazard a guess that Liam has met Keith, given that he was the warm-up act for the Stones in London in 2018. One of the few warm-up acts I looked forward to and bloody good he was too. Others may - and will - disagree!

There is a photo of them together, I bet it is not photoshopedsmiling smiley
[www.radiox.co.uk]

Date: June 15, 2021 20:43

For me Noel and Liam is more like Jagger/Richards than Lennon/McCartney or Rose/Stradlin/what's that geordie's real name? ever will be, even if I think the Beatles and the G n R's are great as well.

Having said that, Burnett/Sumlin pisses all over anybody else, Morganfield/Walter as well.

But hadn't it been for Richard Penniman none of us would be here ANYWAY.

BLESS 'em all!

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: June 15, 2021 21:46

Just watched the video posted in the initial message. That’s nice. Very complimentary from Noel. He’s just a fan, like we all are.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-06-15 21:47 by Big Al.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: June 15, 2021 21:48

That's right, Al. And, as he says, some of the Stones kids are huge Oasis fans.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: June 15, 2021 21:57

Re: When Noel Gallagher had Xmas with Keith Richards new
Date: June 15, 2021 20:43

For me Noel and Liam is more like Jagger/Richards than Lennon/McCartney or Rose/Stradlin/what's that geordie's real name? ever will be, even if I think the Beatles and the G n R's are great as well.

Having said that, Burnett/Sumlin pisses all over anybody else, Morganfield/Walter as well.

But hadn't it been for Richard Penniman none of us would be here ANYWAY.

BLESS 'em all!

couldn't agree more
but you got to add willie dixon too

Date: June 15, 2021 22:00

what about Charley Patton .... ????

ROCKMAN

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: June 15, 2021 22:20

Re: When Noel Gallagher had Xmas with Keith Richards new
Date: June 15, 2021 22:00

what about Charley Patton .... ????

ROCKMAN

AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH
shame on me how could i forget charley patton
(also jimmy Reed)

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: June 15, 2021 22:21

Adams
Beast
Rocktiludrop

There is a photo of them together, I bet it is not photoshopedsmiling smiley
[www.radiox.co.uk]

I think the Stones take photos with all their opening acts. It is a great photo. Last concert I saw pre pandemic was The Who in Vancouver late 2019 with Liam opening. I was looking forward to it and thought he did well, wish he would have played a bit longer. Older couple behind me were wondering who he was.

Date: June 15, 2021 23:03

(also jimmy Reed)

And the twin guitar work of ...

Franks Stokes & Dan Sane
Tommy Johnson & Charlie McCoy ......

ROCKMAN

Date: June 15, 2021 23:18

Rockman
(also jimmy Reed)

And the twin guitar work of ...

Franks Stokes & Dan Sane
Tommy Johnson & Charlie McCoy ......

Yep! Reminds me of when I went to see the Oasis spring tour in the US 2006, first stop Milwaukee and before that a tour in the Chess studios with my beautiful Ohio girlfriend (half napolitana, half russian mmm yeah!) at the time, she didna'e have a clue about Chess Records but I was determined to show her some real history. We get inside the place and while I am holding up the entrance door, an old lady comes out so I actually hold it up for her as well as for my girl.

Anyway, we come inside and after introducing ourselves to the guy in charge he says; "You know who you met while coming in?"
I say, "-No I don't..." (Thinking I must look stupid).
He answers;-"It was the widow of Willie Dixon!"

Happy days! smileys with beer

Some folks here obviously think my daughter and her futire children will experience summat similar, NO THEY WILL NOT!!!!

Yeah let's not forget Jimmy Reed! He was the FIRST proper Rock n Roll Star.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-06-15 23:21 by MadMax.

Date: June 16, 2021 01:54

PaintMonkeyManBlack
Rocktiludrop

no way this story is true, Liam would never be part of the shows in 2018.

Yeah it's a true story from 1996 Q Awards, another story around the time is Mick having to have Liam thrown out of Mick's house.

Date: June 16, 2021 02:21

Pissin' any where ... ash on head ... Stones started it all ....

ROCKMAN

Date: June 16, 2021 02:28

Rockman

Pissin' any where ... ash on head ... Stones started it all ....

Brings to mind a poster from a few years ago called Longbeacharena72, the last words he spoke on iorr were "I piss anywhere man"

Hope you are well Mike, catch you on the flip side.

Date: June 16, 2021 07:38

Liam was undoubtedly a bit of a rogue in the 90’s, but he’s definitely mellowed an wised-up with age. More recent interviews show this. I enjoy his comments and opinions on other acts. There’s some hilarious observations on YouTube. Radiohead and Coldplay are often targeted, if I remember.

Posted by: terraplane ()
Date: June 16, 2021 08:17

Didn’t Liam challenge Keith to s punch up in the 90s? Can’t recall the reason.

Date: June 16, 2021 08:53

terraplane

I believe so. Wasn’t it something to do with Oasis’ cover of Street Fighting Man?

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: June 16, 2021 09:02

Big Al
terraplane

I believe so. Wasn’t it something to do with Oasis’ cover of Street Fighting Man?

Wasn't it Mick as well as George Harrison?

Date: June 16, 2021 09:39

ROCKMAN

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 16, 2021 16:51

Rockman

I understand there is a process called 'threading' that can address this issue.

[en.wikipedia.org])

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2465
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home