Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Give us a Scalper report
Posted by: Duane in Houston ()
Date: November 6, 2005 23:46

Would anyone who has been to the recent shows please give us a "night of show / outside the venue" scalper report. Many / few?.....Asking a lot / giving tickets away?......What's the current situation?

Re: Give us a Scalper report
Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: November 7, 2005 01:42

supposedly, going by the review in another thread, there were quite a few empty seats in Anaheim (although that might be due to a few AmeriQuest freeloaders who didnt show up - great to see the prime seats being kept for these folks, eh? Its bad enough when they dont stand up, but not TURNING up is insult to injury..!)

I'd be interested in hearing people's experiences too. I'd like to believe that at the stadium shows anyway there would be tickets available at no worse than face value near showtime...

Posted by: ohcarol ()
Date: November 7, 2005 03:17

Any show you go to you can get them at face value no problem. I've done on this tour and the last one.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: November 7, 2005 03:20

Anaheim was sold out but there were empty sections. Don't know why. It was embarrising to hear Mick asking "Anybody from Ameriquest here?" Well may be they paid a fortune for sponsorship but still...

Bjornulf

Date: November 7, 2005 03:36

ohcarol Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Any show you go to you can get them at face value
> no problem. I've done on this tour and the last
> one.

Thanks

what about the arena shows, though?

I would imagine they'd be less plentiful at face in somewhere like New York than in, say, St Paul for example

although maybe the fact that there seems to be a much higher percentage of $450 tickets at some of the bigger cities may have a bit to do with that too, right?

Posted by: ohcarol ()
Date: November 7, 2005 04:06

Listen just get to the show a few hours before curtain time as I did in Miami and start looking and asking and you'll find tickets at face. Or as I did in Ftlauderdale on the licks tour one hour before curtain and buy a face value ticket. I paid I think 160.00 in Miami and was right in front of the B-stage. Ftlauderdale was as I remember about the same. All face value tickets!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-11-07 10:59 by ohcarol.

Date: November 7, 2005 04:31

thanks for the tip

I already have tickets OK for the two MSG shows in January, so as I live in the UK that'll be my only shows across the Atlantic this tour.

Just trying to gauge some feedback and see if Europe will be the same. Theres an often understandable reaction to panic buy when tickets go on sale and end up spending a fortune, but this time I'll probably mostly try and play it by ear and maybe some of the shows I go to will be as a last minute arrangement. On the last tour it was hard to get rid of the pricier tickets for face value when I got upgrades because whilst you'd get your money back on tickets in the first few rows, many of the most expensive ones arent that great at all. Seems to be the case with this tour, too.

getting two or more tickets together may be a bit more problematic I suppose. Its all part of the fun, though...!

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: November 9, 2005 21:24

Had to sell a £150 Wembley Arena ticket on Licks tour for just £60 outside to scalper. When the guy who eventually bought it sat next to me I asked him what he'd paid and he said just £60. Pissed that I'd lost £90 but a good deal for the guy who'd bought it and at least the scalper didn't make a penny on the deal!

Posted by: shattered99 ()
Date: November 10, 2005 16:06

Saw both the Anaheim and 1st night Hollywood Bowl. I was really surprised there wasn't much scalper action at Anaheim - we had to work just to find someone selling. Then we paid $$80 for $70 face - not bad. Once inside it was easy to move around as there were plenty of spots with empty seats.

For the Hollywood Bowl we had seats but the demand was quite high and the scalpers were doing OK from what I saw.

(In between we saw U2 in Vegas as the MGM - and was amazed there were people looking to sell right outfront the door - its an amazing venue - not a bad seat in the place. That said the Stones are charging 2X what U2 charged for a ticket)

For the bigger shows it shouldn't be a problem getting a deal just before the show. At the Skydome show you could have gotten in for alot less than face.

The last tour I picked up a ticket for Twickenham for 25 pounds - walked 2 more blocks and a guys was trying to get rid of some for 10 pounds each.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2247
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home