Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1819202122232425262728...LastNext
Current Page: 23 of 48
Re: Fully Finished out takes from Stones themselves ?
Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: March 11, 2021 00:50

plusplusjames
...This has Keith's fingerprints all over it. I hope I am wrong...

Unless it was leaked by fax, am not entirely convinced... grinning smiley

Posted by: plusplusjames ()
Date: March 11, 2021 01:00

SomeTorontoGirl
plusplusjames

Hi Toronto Girl, like I said I hope I'm wrong. Funny about the fax machine, tho...

Re: Fully Finished Studio Outtakes on IORR Hot Stuff!!!!!!
Posted by: DrPete ()
Date: March 11, 2021 01:03

Does anyone hear Bowie on IORR? I just hear Mick and Woody on the vocals. Who plays bass and drums? Is it Willy Weeks and Kenny Jones?

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: March 11, 2021 01:09

DrPete
Does anyone hear Bowie on IORR? I just hear Mick and Woody on the vocals. Who plays bass and drums? Is it Willy Weeks and Kenny Jones?

Woody and Kenney Jones, respectively.

Willie Weeks' bass was overdubbed later, but before Keith got near it.

Bowie is barely audible, but hes there.

Date: March 11, 2021 01:13

Taylor1
According to the Complete Works Website,Desperate Man Comes from the Bridges to Babylon sessions.Is that right?

Supposedly. First part of the song has some echoes of 'Anybody Seen My Baby' to my ears.

Posted by: jahisnotdead ()
Date: March 11, 2021 01:57

I really tried to cut it down to one CD of all my favorite "new to me" songs from this collection, but I just couldn't manage to do it. Cutting it down to the bare essentials still had me at 90 minutes. Nothing else could be cut without making me feel something important would be missing. So, I will probably burn them all to one mp3 disc instead, and/or reconfigure my two CD version.

Anyway, these are the songs that made the final cut, NOT arranged in any order than the original sequence. (I would probably have to work another hour to try and arrange it into the perfect flow!) I cut Prairie Love for the distracting part that sounds like Too Much Blood, but that track was a close contender. I love that main riff. It's cool.

Favorites are Strictly Memphis, Sanctuary, Dreams To Remember, Built That Way, Can't Find Love, and Desperate Man.

-

Trouble's A Comin'
Dreams To Remember
Don't Lie To Me
Eliza Upchink
Deep Love
She's Doing Her Thing
Putty In Your Hands
Dog Shit
(You Better) Stop That
Walk With Me Wendy
It's A Lie
I Can't See No One
Not The Way To Go
Hands Off
Built That Way
Keep It Cool
Can't Find Love
Fast Talking Slow Walking
Cookin' Up
Sanctuary
Desperate Man
I Tried To Talk Her Into It
Curtis Meets Smokey
Covered In Bruises
Ivy League
Strictly Memphis

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: March 11, 2021 02:01

SomeTorontoGirl
plusplusjames

He did post "new music on the horizon" on his insta lately.. very sus

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: March 11, 2021 02:25

rebelhipi
Elmo Lewis
rebelhipi
The leak could be from anywhere.
i Remember a story that some Guns N' Roses leaks were from hacking someones email.

And another one where 100 cds of demos were found in some record company ex employees locker.

That said i feel uncomfortable listening to these. Maybe i will in the future, for now im gonna sit on it. Im much more a concert bootleg guy than a demo guy.

As much money as I have given my heroes, listening to this doesn't bother me a bit.

Yeah, its kind of more the fact that these didnt pass the Stones quality check. The songs werent good enough to release as they are.

That's not necessarily the case. They finish what they do because of a direction. There's plenty of shit tracks from 1986 onward on every album because of someone's choice in direction. DIRTY WORK is the biggest proof regarding what was left off in choice of weak to downright awful songs. Less so but still consistent with VOODOO, BRIDGES and possibly BANG.

Posted by: quietbeatle ()
Date: March 11, 2021 02:57

Well well well...I was totally not into the conspiracy that these came from the band...hell no...but now...I'm thinking if they DID...it's because as Mick has said all year, they want the new album to be GREAT or they won't put it out. So he leaks all these songs like u2 did to stir up the hardcore fans and start reading what songs they like, love, dislike, hate. If you gander at all these forums and FB groups across the internet, there are definitely some tracks that are being loved the most. Mick's listening I bet...

Posted by: U2Stonesfan ()
Date: March 11, 2021 03:25

quietbeatle
Well well well...I was totally not into the conspiracy that these came from the band...hell no...but now...I'm thinking if they DID...it's because as Mick has said all year, they want the new album to be GREAT or they won't put it out. So he leaks all these songs like u2 did to stir up the hardcore fans and start reading what songs they like, love, dislike, hate. If you gander at all these forums and FB groups across the internet, there are definitely some tracks that are being loved the most. Mick's listening I bet...

Seems 70k views + on this site in one week would be considered a Buzz!

Date: March 11, 2021 03:27

quietbeatle

Well then why would they delete youtube channels.. Mick should contact me and I could tell him which songs gather a lot of plays on youtube and which ones dont.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: March 11, 2021 03:38

U2Stonesfan
quietbeatle

Seems 70k views + on this site in one week would be considered a Buzz!

70k views from the same, what?, 2k actual people is not an earth shattering buzz

Rod

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: March 11, 2021 03:42

Lots of great stuff here, right now I'm stuck on Sanctuary, Built That Way, and
Desperate Man.

Posted by: Deathgod ()
Date: March 11, 2021 03:56

anyone know whats the easiest way to get the .flac files into itunes ?
is theer a free converter avail ?

Date: March 11, 2021 04:16

traders little helper. Convert them to mp3's (they're mp3 sourced anyway)

Posted by: quietbeatle ()
Date: March 11, 2021 06:04

Deathgod

Adapter. It's free and you can convert to Apple Lossless and into iTunes

Posted by: Chacho ()
Date: March 11, 2021 07:36

Someone went to the trouble of posting the studios
each song was done in.

How about the dates? To me that is more important.

Either dates written, dates recorded, or both.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: March 11, 2021 07:37

Deathgod

Online audio converter, or similar

Date: March 11, 2021 10:12

NilsHolgersson
SomeTorontoGirl
plusplusjames

He did post "new music on the horizon" on his insta lately.. very sus

Transcribed from telex by his minions...

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: March 11, 2021 10:20

Chacho

How about the dates? To me that is more important.

The dates (format YYMMDD) are also mentioned - [iorr.org] .

You can compare it here too: [StonesSessions.com] , [NZentgraf.de] , [Aeppli.ch] .

Posted by: it's_all_wrong ()
Date: March 11, 2021 10:49

It really is incredible to hear these tracks. Some of these I haven't listened to in over a decade, and none in such pristine quality. Had some things been different, we could have all spent the last 30 years saying that the latest Stones release was 'the best since Dirty Work'

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: March 11, 2021 11:25

Huh, never mind the source, or whatever it is the story of this leak relaese, in the end it is a helluva listening experience. Been busy listening to it for a week or so, and little by little I start to feel like saying something more specific about the tracks involved. They beg comments. But which way - from where to start? Track by track? Even grouping them to ones I like most etc. sounds difficult, since there is so much to pick from... and almost each song feels like 'damn, this is great'. Surely one can hear some lack in inspiration, or some other disqualities here and there, but I think the greatness in general surpasses the weakness in particular. Or that there always are some positive things surpassing the negative ones. In a way the brilliance of the band comes through - or why I like them so much - in this material: knowing that they had afford to skip material like this along the years... There are elements, vision and charisma that no other band has there... Over-all it is like personally acknowledging the true love for the band again... Being truely critical or objective does not feel like a right thing yet.

Probably I just keep on listening more and say nothing... grinning smiley

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-11 11:26 by Doxa.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: March 11, 2021 11:28

C'mon boys...some more work...chorus, backing vocals and a guitar solo. This song had a great potential!
[youtu.be]

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: March 11, 2021 11:50

paulspendel
Does anyone have a view on how/if this affects ABKCO?

I guess they don't have much to say/claim... There's only "She's Doing Her Thing", "Blood Red Wine" and "Curtis Meets Smokey" supposedly technically belonging to their 'realm'. Surely old Klein would have made a helluva shit storm for that... But now, I guess all they can think is 'thanks a lot guys, we could have beefed up a bit SATANIC MAJESTIES, BEGGARS BANQUET and LET IT BLEED deluxe editions with those cuts' (and there surely are some more in the can, as we know..)

- Doxa

Date: March 11, 2021 12:41

KRiffhard
C'mon boys...some more work...chorus, backing vocals and a guitar solo. This song had a great potential!
[youtu.be]

I think The Undercover Stones are at risk of being banned to oblivion

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: March 11, 2021 12:48

Desperate Man, Part of the Night,Dream On,Built that Way, She’s Doing her Thing, SanctuaryareImO the best songs.If they emerged worked on with further lyrics and musical embellishments they’d be excellent releases. Some songs are very disappointing.For years I have wanted to hear Curtis Meets Smoky, since Nico has listed it along with Old Glory ,Toss the Coin, and several others as coming from the Let it Bleed sessions.But it has none of the majic of the songs from that period.Likewise ,Walk on Wendy from the Sticky Fingers era is just a jam with Mick yelling over it.Most of the rest of theneesongs might have potential but are not worthy of release.Ron’s guitar and bass is great on IORR

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: March 11, 2021 13:04

Elmo Lewis
bitusa2012
Let me get this straight... they RELEASED Winning Ugly, Too Rude and Back to Zero, and left Deep Love in the can? Lilleywhite was not strong enough for them... after a few listens this track is one of the standouts for me.

How would you compare this to Bruce's "Tracks"?

Tracks, it isn’t. Bruce’s release WAS of finished tracks. This is not. Many are, many aren’t. And for me, a Bruce and Stones nutter, most of the songs on Tracks could have easily/should have easily been on Bruce’s albums from the era the songs came from. Few of The Stones songs on this dump could have replaced anything on the albums from The Stones of the eras they came from, apart from, to me Deep Love which should have been on Dirty Work. Nice collection, glad to have it. REALLY, REALLY glad to have it. But it’s NOT Tracks.

Rod

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: March 11, 2021 13:42

NilsHolgersson
KRiffhard
[youtu.be]

A Jagger's demo/idea? I don't think Keith plays the rhythm guitar. Probably Mick J. does. Mick's voice is similar to his stage intonations of 1981-82. Punkish and barking; I like it.
Rockandroll,
Mops

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: March 11, 2021 14:23

Doxa
it is a helluva listening experience. Been busy listening to it for a week or so, and little by little I start to feel like saying something more specific about the tracks involved. They beg comments. But which way - from where to start? Track by track?

Probably I just keep on listening more and say nothing... grinning smiley

- Doxa

I - I'm not alone here - await for your comments!
Why not do it chronologically? And comparing each new track with previously-known outtakes from the same session?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-11 14:38 by dcba.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: March 11, 2021 14:44

rollmops
NilsHolgersson
KRiffhard
[youtu.be]

A Jagger's demo/idea? I don't think Keith plays the rhythm guitar. Probably Mick J. does. Mick's voice is similar to his stage intonations of 1981-82. Punkish and barking; I like it.
Rockandroll,
Mops

smileys with beer

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1819202122232425262728...LastNext
Current Page: 23 of 48

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1837
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home