Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1617181920212223242526...LastNext
Current Page: 21 of 48
Re: Fully Finished Studio Outtakes on IORR Hot Stuff!!!!!!
Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: March 10, 2021 05:31

jbwelda
As you probably know, that "fan club" schtick is a long time shelter for those putting out bootleg records. Not to be taken very seriously.

And Gaslightstreet, thanks for clearing that up.

jb

It's extremely important information, innit. Well hell, it made me laugh!

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: March 10, 2021 06:56

jbwelda
That directly contradicts what has been said, that the flac came from the cds not from the low bit rate mp3 downloads.

Unless you are saying that the CDs originally came from the exact same mp3 files that were available for download here. But I think that is totally incorrect. Its a matter of the chicken or the egg, and in this case I believe both the low res mp3 and the flac both came from the CD.

Where the master for the cd came from remains, to me, a mystery, but I would assume the it came from the original recording that fell into the bootleggers hands, whether those be low res mp3 or not. All else originated from the CD set, I am just not sure the flacs indeed came from the cds or from the already degraded mp3 download. They sounded identical to the mp3 download but I am not certain exactly what conclusions should be drawn from that, being that the conversion to flac is supposed to be lossless.

jb

If the original files are mp3's, whatever you put them on to, or convert to, you will end up with mp3 quality product or files.

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: March 10, 2021 07:22

Well, yeah.

The question really is how many degradations have they gone through.

But, you know, like, yeah.

jb

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 10, 2021 08:45

.... I been thru heaps of degradations...
But I'm still a skinny arse rockin kid ......

ROCKMAN

Date: March 10, 2021 10:20

I am degrading every day. Retrograding I call it.

I understand the cds may well be available once again at the big bay in the e.

Rip that joint.

jb

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 10, 2021 10:36

....Yep every backstreet bootlegger
and their dogs will be slappin' it out ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: March 10, 2021 10:40

jbwelda

I understand the cds may well be available once again at the big bay in the e.

It may well be: [www.eBay.it] , [www.eBay.com] .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-10 11:15 by Irix.

Posted by: bisonvodka ()
Date: March 10, 2021 11:16

Just download, thank you.

Posted by: vedran ()
Date: March 10, 2021 11:17

Yeah. However, it would be good if FLACs available here came from silver CDs, even tho silver CDs are of mp3 origin.
Apparently, lossless source does not exist, so why not have the best available quality.

V.

jbwelda
That directly contradicts what has been said, that the flac came from the cds not from the low bit rate mp3 downloads.

Unless you are saying that the CDs originally came from the exact same mp3 files that were available for download here. But I think that is totally incorrect. Its a matter of the chicken or the egg, and in this case I believe both the low res mp3 and the flac both came from the CD.

Where the master for the cd came from remains, to me, a mystery, but I would assume the it came from the original recording that fell into the bootleggers hands, whether those be low res mp3 or not. All else originated from the CD set, I am just not sure the flacs indeed came from the cds or from the already degraded mp3 download. They sounded identical to the mp3 download but I am not certain exactly what conclusions should be drawn from that, being that the conversion to flac is supposed to be lossless.

jb

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 10, 2021 12:01

The FLACs come from here [iorr.org] and they are from the sivers of course, full lineage shown by the uploader for those who will bother to read.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: March 10, 2021 12:45

FLACs can also be found here: [www.Guitars101.com] - Remaster , [www.Guitars101.com] - CD-Rip.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-11 23:55 by Irix.

Posted by: Massimo68 ()
Date: March 10, 2021 12:56

Irix
FLACs can also be found here: [www.Guitars101.com] , [www.Guitars101.com] .

Source is from mp3 too...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-10 12:56 by Massimo68.

Posted by: Massimo68 ()
Date: March 10, 2021 13:35

Same story with the Steel Wheels Monitor Mixes, no ?
First silver bootleg was sourced from lossy mp3 files.

The real thing came few weeks or months after that crap with the Rattle Snake CD.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-10 14:01 by Massimo68.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: March 10, 2021 14:58

Lossy.
Lossless.
Flac.
MP3.

Christ, I remember my first bootlegs.

THESE are STUNNING quality compared to that crap that I used to buy! And yet, still love.

I just don’t get it... this is WONDERFUL quality versus what we used to accept.

Burned a CD of ALL these songs today. Played it loud in the car all afternoon. Just LOVELY. Yes, some songs are better than others, some I love, some not so much. LIKE a REAL Stones album, in fact.

It’s JUST MAGNIFICENT compared to my original vinyl and then CD of Gravestones and Rape of the Vaults. And to my original Dirty Work Outtakes CD that I loved the music of, but was just about unlistenable.

Just don’t get this “analysis” of the recordings, the bitrates, the highs and lows, rather than the ENJOYMENT OF THE ACTUAL MUSIC.

We’ve waited, in truth, the best part of 2 decades for a meaningful batch of new Stones music, some of which we know and have, much of which we don’t. Just don’t get it....

Rod

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: March 10, 2021 15:01

Massimo68
Same story with the Steel Wheels Monitor Mixes, no ?
First silver bootleg was sourced from lossy mp3 files.

The real thing came few weeks or months after that crap with the Rattle Snake CD.

The real thing was in circulation on fansites for free before some douchebag decided to make a profit out of it

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: March 10, 2021 15:19

GasLightStreet
Elmo Lewis
crawdaddy
I haven't been looking at all the pages on this thread,but I have seen a lot of coverage on Net about 'New Stones recordings from the past', and quite a few names from IORR have been on there.

I'm not into getting stuff like that,as I always found it difficult as not really know how to do it.

Our dear friend Deltics would send me a DVD or CD when he saw my comments about my not knowing how to do it.

IORR has always been the best Rolling Stones site for everything and it is really good to hear on the international media that they have made so many fans happy with this latest news. smileys with beer

Just click the link on Page 1 of this thread. Trust me, if I can download this stuff, anybody can.

HA HA! That's funny!

It practically does it for ya!

It's true. My computer skills are so 20th Century. Burned 'em all to CDs and enjoying them very much.

Signed,

2000 Man

"No Anchovies, Please"

Posted by: deardoctor ()
Date: March 10, 2021 15:42

bitusa2012
Lossy.
Lossless.
Flac.
MP3.

Christ, I remember my first bootlegs.

THESE are STUNNING quality compared to that crap that I used to buy! And yet, still love.

I just don’t get it... this is WONDERFUL quality versus what we used to accept.

Burned a CD of ALL these songs today. Played it loud in the car all afternoon. Just LOVELY. Yes, some songs are better than others, some I love, some not so much. LIKE a REAL Stones album, in fact.

It’s JUST MAGNIFICENT compared to my original vinyl and then CD of Gravestones and Rape of the Vaults. And to my original Dirty Work Outtakes CD that I loved the music of, but was just about unlistenable.

Just don’t get this “analysis” of the recordings, the bitrates, the highs and lows, rather than the ENJOYMENT OF THE ACTUAL MUSIC.

We’ve waited, in truth, the best part of 2 decades for a meaningful batch of new Stones music, some of which we know and have, much of which we don’t. Just don’t get it....

That's exactly what's in my mindthumbs up

Posted by: Chacho ()
Date: March 10, 2021 15:48

I don't have the room to be fooling with flacs,
and I was hearing tested, and the results showed
that I cannot tell the difference between a
bitrate of 192, and anything higher than that,
probably due to my age, which is over 70.

Still, it would be nice to know the bitrate of
these mp3 files, as provided in the original
download link at the beginning of this thread.

I tried to calculate the bitrate of one song, by
using the length of the song in seconds, and the
size in mb, and I came up with a bitrate of 166.9,
however I do not know if my math was correct.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-10 15:52 by Chacho.

Date: March 10, 2021 16:00

Chacho
I don't have the room to be fooling with flacs,
and I was hearing tested, and the results showed
that I cannot tell the difference between a
bitrate of 192, and anything higher than that,
probably due to my age, which is over 70.

Still, it would be nice to know the bitrate of
these mp3 files, as provided in the original
download link at the beginning of this thread.

I tried to calculate the bitrate of one song, by
using the length of the song in seconds, and the
size in mb, and I came up with a bitrate of 166.9,
however I do not know if my math was correct.

My EARS are correct. It’s pretty great stuff.

Rod

Posted by: jahisnotdead ()
Date: March 10, 2021 16:01

Amen, Rod!

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: March 10, 2021 16:12

On Rocksoff.org I read "we have a 320 kbps mp3 version - thanks 3ddie. Link available until 13th March"

[rocksoff.org]

Don't know if these actually are 320 mp3.

I downloaded the new files and indeed the file seem to be larger (Nobody is perfect is 5.021 in the old DL and 9.776 in the new one).

C

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-10 16:25 by liddas.

Posted by: jahisnotdead ()
Date: March 10, 2021 16:26

It certainly is a magnificent collection of music. Multiple listens over the past few days have been very rewarding. There's so much of it, too. I'm grateful for the quality of the sound and the quality of the music as well as the sheer quantity of it all. It's truly been a gift.

The unfinished nature of many of the songs are endearing in a way. There are definitely a few that I think could have been released as they are, and many more with just a few touch-ups or re-recorded vocals. For me, the truly unlistenable tracks are few and far between, and the many good and great tracks really hit the spot for ears hungry for new Rolling Stones music.

It feels like it's been so long since I've heard so many Stones songs that I hadn't heard before, and it's such a pleasure to find so much of it enjoyable. Even if I'm mad that the Stones haven't been officially releasing this stuff, I'm so glad that they've been making it.

Date: March 10, 2021 16:49

jahisnotdead
It certainly is a magnificent collection of music. Multiple listens over the past few days have been very rewarding. There's so much of it, too. I'm grateful for the quality of the sound and the quality of the music as well as the sheer quantity of it all. It's truly been a gift.

The unfinished nature of many of the songs are endearing in a way. There are definitely a few that I think could have been released as they are, and many more with just a few touch-ups or re-recorded vocals. For me, the truly unlistenable tracks are few and far between, and the many good and great tracks really hit the spot for ears hungry for new Rolling Stones music.

It feels like it's been so long since I've heard so many Stones songs that I hadn't heard before, and it's such a pleasure to find so much of it enjoyable. Even if I'm mad that the Stones haven't been officially releasing this stuff, I'm so glad that they've been making it.

What YOU said....

Rod

Date: March 10, 2021 16:59

Let me get this straight... they RELEASED Winning Ugly, Too Rude and Back to Zero, and left Deep Love in the can? Lilleywhite was not strong enough for them... after a few listens this track is one of the standouts for me.

Rod

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: March 10, 2021 17:15

bitusa2012
Let me get this straight... they RELEASED Winning Ugly, Too Rude and Back to Zero, and left Deep Love in the can? Lilleywhite was not strong enough for them... after a few listens this track is one of the standouts for me.

How would you compare this to Bruce's "Tracks"?

Posted by: IrelandCalling4 ()
Date: March 10, 2021 17:31

peoplewitheyes
Still In Love! What a beautifull tune. Haunting piano/guitar motiff, Jaggs and Keef yelling raw into the mic.

Who else loves this one?

Anything else we know about it?

Love it! Had of course heard the other versions available on previous boots, and always loved the melody. This version is a pleasure to have. Great stuff indeed smiling smiley

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: March 10, 2021 17:37

I managed to get the songs on my phone after putting them on the Collect app.

I also got it on my laptop as well,and had to look for it after download and found it O.K.

Will get some blank CD's and put them on there for me and a couple of friends.
Looking forward to hearing all those 50 tracks.

smileys with beer

Re: Fully Finished Studio Outtakes on Hot Stuff!!!!!!
Posted by: schillid ()
Date: March 10, 2021 17:59

The genie is out of the bottle
The horse has left the barn
The cat is out of the bag
The ship has sailed
The stone is rolling

Date: March 10, 2021 18:30

gotdablouse
The FLACs come from here [iorr.org] and they are from the sivers of course, full lineage shown by the uploader for those who will bother to read.

That post was edited to kindly add the lineage, those details were not in the original post at the time I dled the flac files.

Thank you for pointing it out and thank you for the OP clarifying the source.

Rockman, I don't think its leggers jumping on the wagon, i believe the now available cds are from the same source the original ones were.

jb

Date: March 10, 2021 18:36

>Just don’t get this “analysis” of the recordings, the bitrates, the highs and lows, rather than the ENJOYMENT OF THE ACTUAL MUSIC.

Doesn't really matter if you don't "get it"...some actually understand music and music reproduction and that's what its about. So enjoy the music and tune out the chatter if you don't care.

thank you
jb

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1617181920212223242526...LastNext
Current Page: 21 of 48

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2382
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home