Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Why Aren't the Stones Getting any Airplay?
Posted by: bassplayer617 ()
Date: November 1, 2005 02:39

This is really bugging me. The local rock stations, who allegedly pride themselves on playing "the best new rock", are ignoring ABB completely. No "Rough Justice", no "Oh No Not You Again" -- nothing. Are the national playlist moguls actively ignoring the Stones in favor of the "flavor of the month"?

I suppose the band could care less, since the tour is so successful, but this just seems strange. So-called "rock radio" has become pretty much a wasteland, in any case.

Re: Why Aren't the Stones Getting any Airplay?
Posted by: LittleHelper ()
Date: November 1, 2005 03:11

very true...ive been listening to alot of "rock" stations and no new stones.
just the same old good tunes "satisfaction" "htw"..those ones.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: November 1, 2005 03:15

No one cares. I hear new stuff whenever I listen to KLOS 95.5 which isnt even all that often and I heard Streets Of Love on the local NPR affiliate even before the album came out.

Posted by: neptune ()
Date: November 1, 2005 03:32

Good question. 'Rough Justice' is a good song, as good as anything the Stones have put out since Black and Blue. But, I guess the stations just don't take 60 year old rockers seriously . . .

Date: November 1, 2005 04:36

iT ALL COMES DOWN TO MONEY: THE STONES DON'T SELL NO MORE... THEY'RE YESTERDAY'S PAPERS. THEY DIDN'T KNOW WHEN TO QUIT AND THEY DIDN'T WANT TO KNOW.

"The wonder of Jimi Hendrix was that he could stand up at all he was so pumped full of drugs." Patsy, Patsy Stone

Posted by: marston ()
Date: November 1, 2005 04:41

It's quite simple. The "classic stations" play the war horses because they fit their format. When it comes to new rock, if that's what you want to call it, the Stones just don't fit the format. US radio is so commercialized that a band must fit a certain format to receive airplay. A band formed in 1962 just doesn't fit the mold to get airplay on a "new rock" station even if they do have a new album.
We need some of the "Last DJs" Tom Petty sings about. I bet you never heard that one on the radio either, at least not here in the US. It's very frustrating that a really good band can't get airplay for their new material simply because they have survived.

Greg

"thank you Jesus, thank you LORD!"

Posted by: Stones89 ()
Date: November 1, 2005 04:54

Thank God I don't listen to the radio! They churn out nothing but crapola! I'll take my cd player over any radio station any day! That way, I can spin all the hits, all the time - Stones style!smiling smiley

Posted by: davido ()
Date: November 1, 2005 04:56

Radio sucks! Why listen to it anymore? RIP.

Posted by: RankOutsider ()
Date: November 1, 2005 05:32

The Stones aren't getting any airplay because rock 'n' roll in general is dead. It is less and less important. And it certainly isn't important to mainstream popular radio. So, go cry in your beer, but, I'm afraid it's true.

I ain't stupid, I'm just guitarded.

Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: November 1, 2005 05:39

I think there is a huge difference in what we are calling radio. Just like TV has split up into Main channels and cable, mainstream radio is a complete farce when compared to Sirius. That is where these "Last DJs" reside. Stevie van Zandt being one of them, There are countless excllnet commericlafree radio stations out there now. I listen to Sirius and get the entire ABB album interstesed with "Gotta Get Away", "My Obsession" to "Hearts For Sale" and "New Faces". Just to example a few...

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: November 1, 2005 05:45

RJ was a minor hit (#25) on the Billboard rock chart, it's now at #36 after 13 weeks. ONNYA will chart soon.

Here a list of radios playing RJ:
WXLP-FM Quad Cities
WDHA-FM Morristown, NJ
WZXL-FM Atlantic City
WRKZ-FM Pittsburgh
WROV-FM Roanoke
WONE-FM Akron
WIOT-FM Toledo
KDKB-FM Phoenix
WKQQ-FM Lexington
WLVQ-FM Columbus
WZZO-FM Allentown
WRQK-FM Canton, OH
KSAN-FM San Francisco
KZRR-FM Albuquerque
KLAQ-FM El Paso

Here a list of radios playing ONNYA:
WWDG-FM Syracuse
WHEB-FM Portsmouth, NH
WDHA-FM Morristown, NJ
WHJY-FM Providence
WMMR-FM Philadelphia
KEZO-FM Omaha
WTUE-FM Dayton
WLVQ-FM Columbus
WONE-FM Akron
KSHE-FM St. Louis
WZZO-FM Allentown
WRQK-FM Canton, OH
WBBB-FM Raleigh
WRCQ-FM Fayetteville, NC

Posted by: Mickjagg65 ()
Date: November 1, 2005 05:47

Totally agree with u chelsea,if you still want radio, satellite is where its at, being to young to be alive when radio was actually good, only 24 years on this earth, i gotta say that if its gonna cost me 11 dollars a month to hear "Out of Time" or some led zepplin song that isnt one of the same 15 songs they play over and over its worth it.

Then I said Hi, like a spider to a fly...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1625
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home