Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
Anyone who's actually been to a show think this is the worst tour?
Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: October 31, 2005 02:50

No way! It's great, as usual! Get a grip on reality!

Re: Anyone who's actually been to a show think this is the worst tour?
Posted by: deuce ()
Date: October 31, 2005 02:59

I've only been to two Stones shows. Detroit for this tour and Detroit for No Security...but of the two, this show was better. It's hard to pinpoint their worst tour because they all have good qualities to them. My least favorite though is probably the '76 European tour

Date: October 31, 2005 03:03

It's kinda crazy for people who haven't even been to a show to criticize. That's like knocking sex before you try it!!!

Posted by: chris girard ()
Date: October 31, 2005 03:11

I've seen them 4 times now, and this show was just a good if not better than the others. This time its more the 4 of them on many songs and the back up people are not as present as before which I like. Back of my Hand is still my favorite song on this tour and seeing them in their orginal blues mood is worth the price of the ticket.

Date: October 31, 2005 03:12

Chris says:

I've seen them 4 times now, and this show was just a good if not better than the others. This time its more the 4 of them on many songs and the back up people are not as present as before which I like.

EXACTLY!!!

Posted by: chippy ()
Date: October 31, 2005 03:17

seen 4 shows,, great tour ,, but 2 add 2 that ,, took my daughter 2 hershey show ,,this was her 5th show since bridges ,,& after concert she looked @ me & said,, dad this was the best stones concert ever,,on rocks off tracker theirs a t dice video from hershey 4 download that i filmed from 17th row,,u can hear my little girl singin t. dice in background

Date: October 31, 2005 03:19

2 cool!

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: October 31, 2005 03:33

its not as good as 40 licks b/c of song selection and of course, the theater shows, but i don't think they can do a bad show (i've seen them about 30 times altogether since steel wheels). i usually don't care for satisfaction but at soldier field, i was pleasantly blown away!

Posted by: kienan ()
Date: October 31, 2005 03:55

I am totally baffled by all the negative posts regarding the Stones "ABB" tour.As Chris Girard stated:the back-ups are not as present......At the show that I attended in Atlanta the guitars were up in the mix,the horns and keyboards were there to augment the sound only..... they play some of the older songs with such vigor that it almost leaves you breathless.....obviously the Stones have become whipping boys for alot of you. I do not have a problem with criticism. I do not like gossip,and that is what's going on.I guess we could call it the knitting circle syndrome. No, I'm not a rah-rah guy,just got lucky and caught one hell of a rock and roll show Oct. 15th. Lucky enough to have heard some good boots(thanks Drake)and lucky enough to live to see a new studio album out of the Stones that rocks. If you don't like what I'm saying........GET OVER IT! Thanks for your time.......Kienan

Posted by: stickydion ()
Date: October 31, 2005 04:15

I haven't seen yet the Stones on this tour (i am from Europe). My cousin, huge Green Day fan who simply appreciate the Stones, saw them in Chicago. She was extremely enthousiastic! I think the reality is what NY Times wrote recently: in a bad night the Stones are doing a decent concert. In a good night the Stones are doing a stellar concert. So simple.

Posted by: Slick ()
Date: October 31, 2005 05:18

kienan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I am totally baffled by all the negative posts
> regarding the Stones "ABB" tour.
The negative posts come from those who are more collectors than Stones fans. They have more bootlegs than they could ever listen to, and they dont like the repitition of the setlists, thats more important to them than the performances.
Real Stones fans arent obsessed with bootlegs, they are obsessed with going to the shows, and they are happy.

Posted by: inopeng ()
Date: October 31, 2005 05:37

All four I have been to on this tour have been great. In hindsight, the only ones I've seen that were "just ok" were opening night of BTB and the first Chicago show of No Security.

Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: October 31, 2005 06:26

I only went to one show and had the On-Stage seating. It was hard to judge the show from that view.

Posted by: Niklas ()
Date: October 31, 2005 10:38

Saw them in MSG: It was brilliant!

Posted by: LA FORUM ()
Date: October 31, 2005 11:59

I havent been to any concert cause I cant afford these prices but I saw them in 1998 and 1995. '95 was very good almost great. '98 was not. And now I dont see any point in going. Id love to hear some boots and compare them to their 80s, 70s and 60s. Interesting, you say they are great now, and i think they were great live in the 70s.

Posted by: tat2you ()
Date: October 31, 2005 12:07

stickydion Wrote:
> I haven't seen yet the Stones on this tour (i am
> from Europe). My cousin, huge Green Day fan who
> simply appreciate the Stones, saw them in Chicago.
> She was extremely enthousiastic! I think the
> reality is what NY Times wrote recently: in a bad
> night the Stones are doing a decent concert. In a
> good night the Stones are doing a stellar concert.
> So simple.

yep...on a good night they the very very best....stellar....on a bad night...??? they still are better then evryone else!!

Posted by: bv ()
Date: October 31, 2005 12:09

They are just great on this tour. I have seen them. Read the reports on IORR. Most people who complain did not go to any show at all this tour.

Bjornulf

Date: October 31, 2005 12:19

Yeah, but your reports on iorr seem a bit exaggerated imo, that's ok, but I also read the journalists reports.

Date: October 31, 2005 12:21

"Review by Bjørnulf Vik
The Rolling Stones brought me to Charlotte in 1997. That was the first time for the bridge on the Bridges To Babylon tour. And it was the first time they played Flip The Switch. At Ericsson Stadium. So I fell in love with Charlotte, great city, and when they came back for No Security I was ready once more in 1999. To get to the Charlotte Coliseum I had to take a bus from the bus station that took me far out to a place that felt in the middle of nowhere. But like in 1997 the show was just fantastic. So when I heard they were back for Charlotte in 2005 I was ready!
This time I went to the bus station like in 1999. But unlike in 1999 - when I had visited Burger King - I just crossed the street to the brand new Bobcats Arena. So much more easy! And if you are living in Charlotte, I would agree with your Mayor who did his opening speach yesterday - this venue adds quality to the life of everyone living in Charlotte.

Quality tonight came from England originally made in 1962. These days they are owned by fans all over the world. Mick's voice never sounded better. Keith ruled from start to finish, Ronnie was tossing out picks and great guitar solos all through the night. And Charlie sported an orange home team Charlotte colored T-shirt as he kept the beat running.

Ruby Tuesday was unique. Mick did not move at all. For the entire song he just stood by the microphone stand singing this song with such emotions I have never heard anything like it. The band allowed him to improvise on the beat and the flow of the song and it was simply magic. At one point he picked up the microphone, stepped back a couple of steps, turned around, then walked back to the front, only to finish the song where it started. A moment worth the travel alone.

Night Time was fantastic with Lisa. Don't even think about bringing on any guest singers for this song. It would be an insult to the fans. Lisa is just fantastic on this song, and I am 100% sure no other female singer can come close to the performance she is doing, especially not the one she did tonight. Thank you Lisa - you'r simply the best!

By the small stage, which isn't that small by the way, there was a guy with a sign saying "Throw me a pick Ronnie". Well Ronnie saw it and took the advice. The first one was flying over the guy so during It's Only Rock'n Roll Ronnie made sure he got his pick by placing it into his hand. Nice Ronnie!

Sympathy For The Devil. Keith is rolling out some fantastic guitar playing on our righthand side. A bra of the giant size is flying his way. Keith is working hard on his playing, but he does still find his time to hand over a pick to a girl with a great smile on her face.

Paint It Black. Mick Jagger front stage wide split legs. Starting to sing. Raising his hands above his head. The fuzz is running and the song is rolling. Those few who were sitting down are now on their feet. From now on.

Brown Sugar is featuring a video on the screen that is showing a topless girl at famous big city landmarks like the Eiffel Tower, Big Ben, The Pyramids, New York City and so on. Normally you do not see this when they play Brown Sugar at the end of the show, but as it is coming earlier it is on for tonight.

Jumping Jack Flash is great and loud as at every show. Then two encores. Finito. All too short. No complaints. I know they have to go home. But I want more!

PS. They have been trying out "It Won't Take Long" and "Streets Of Love" at sound checks lately. So the fans on the U.S. West Coast have got something to look forward to! "

I mean, c'mon, isnt this a bit over the top? You love the Stones, me too, but c'mon!

cheers

Posted by: bassaleman ()
Date: October 31, 2005 12:51

EVERY SHOW WE'VE SEEN HAS BEEN MAGIC!

Posted by: dj ()
Date: October 31, 2005 13:42

NO.

Date: October 31, 2005 14:34

I wouldn't say it is their worst tour.Their playing has been good,which is important but,I still say the set list in general has been poorly chosen.The argument that real Stones fans shouldn't care what they play makes no sense at all.It has nothing to do with being "obsessed" with bootlegs.The reason that I have live recordings is because I like the band and I enjoy hearing them play their many different songs live - in some cases in different ways.It's pretty simple.I like their songs & I would like to hear them permormed in concert.I went to the concert in Virginia for example and heard 2 songs from the last 24 years!Only a person who is NOT a fan of their last 24 years of output would be happy with that.The reason I am a fan is because I like their songs therefore,I would like to hear more of them in concert,especially on different tours.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 31, 2005 15:24

This is the 6th Stones tour I've been able to go to a show at and it was freakin fabulous. Best yet, and I didn't think it was possible. The set list is not what I would have picked. Every song they did was awsome. I wouldn't have changed a thing if I could. Ruby Tuesday, in Charlotte, was brilliant. The show seemed to only last a few minutes. I truely didn't believe it was over till all the lights were on, they were sweeping up, and half the crowd was gone. I hope I can catch them again on this tour. Later y'all, Susan

Posted by: bv ()
Date: October 31, 2005 15:26

LA FORUM did you go to a show? Where is your report?

Bjornulf

Posted by: Slick ()
Date: October 31, 2005 15:29

bv Wrote:
> LA FORUM did you go to a show? Where is your
> report?
>
> Bjornulf
He's too cheap to pay for a $60 ticket, but bitching is free LOL.

Date: October 31, 2005 15:47

Slick Wrote:
> bv Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > LA FORUM did you go to a show? Where is your
> > report?
> >
> > Bjornulf
> He's too cheap to pay for a $60 ticket, but
> bitching is free LOL.

Yes, its free to bitch, Im not cheap though, not at all. I just cant spend money on their concerts although I'd starve for all the dvds from the 70s and early 80s.

Posted by: davido ()
Date: October 31, 2005 15:49

I've been going to their concerts since 1978.
I've seen them twice this tour. They were
great. Enjoy!

Posted by: Hound Dog ()
Date: October 31, 2005 16:01

I have been to four shows this tour and I would have to say its the worse I have seen. I have gone to every tour since the Steel Wheels. They do a good job of sort of hiding all the extra extras and the guitars are louder but those are the only good things I can really say. No blues and only three new songs when I saw them in Hartford.

Posted by: J-J-Flash ()
Date: October 31, 2005 16:13

Been going to shows since the early 70's, Europe and the states. I thought Licks tour was pretty good and was hoping for them to continue on that success. But after seeing 5 shows this tour I would have to agree that this is most likely their worst tour. I had to do lots of defending of the Stones to the people who I brought to the shows with me because they were also let down. I am not expecting them to change their set list from night to night but at least make it different from the last tour. And please stop playing You Got Me Rocking every night, that has become a big time downer.

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: October 31, 2005 16:14

J-J-Flash Wrote:
> And please stop playing You Got Me Rocking every night, that has become a big time downer.

They didn't play it last night.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2015
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home