Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: Hand of Fate
Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: April 16, 2020 10:15

When you understand the importance of Bills playing meshed with Charlie and Keith that’s when you truly become a Rolling Stones fan, now you’re one of us.
I can’t put it in more plain terms than that.
It’s not a knock on anyone who enjoys the band and their songs in a casual way but when it hits you -
Those 3 guys playing together with monster talents like Brian Jones,Mick Taylor, Ronnie Wood and the best frontman/ singer / songwriter who ever lived , the conversation ends.as we say in America-game over. it’s the best rock and roll band to ever step foot in a recording studio or on a stage.
And the further you get into, the deeper you dig, the further away everyone else gets.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-04-16 10:18 by lem motlow.

Posted by: filstan ()
Date: May 1, 2020 00:15

While It was cool to see them play this live in Chicago at the Aragon in 02, this song was and still is just as good as it can be on Black and Blue. It simply soars to another level. I played that album today LOUD and man does that vinyl sound good or what? I played Hand of Fate twice for good measure. Wayne Perkins take a damn bow please. That cat could flat out play! Very underrated album.

Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: May 1, 2020 02:27

My favorite song at Black and Blue, by far. Simply as a player, I think Wayne Perkins had the ability to take where Mick Taylor brought to the band and continue or improve it. Tone and soul. They chose Woody who was from the UK, and had the party vibe and rock star image...over a player like Taylor. (I personally would have loved to see what Wayne could have brought to the band on a full album and tour.)

Posted by: JordyLicks96 ()
Date: May 1, 2020 02:43

This is by far one of the most underrated Stones songs. It's personally my favorite Stones guitar solo and ironically not even played by a Rolling Stone. grinning smiley

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1725
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home