Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415...LastNext
Current Page: 10 of 26
Re: The Rolling Stones and their future
Posted by: wonderboy ()
Date: July 19, 2020 19:51

bv
calipachangero

My love for the Rolling Stones wasn't the point. It's the missonary way you keep spreading fear in yourorum. Maybe it's because of your age and the avarage age of forums users here, , but this fear of the corona virus seems way out of proportion. What Fauci expressed there was an opinion, thats not a fact necessarily. But you know that already. The 1918 pandemic is really a whole other thing, anybody in their right mind and not driven by unrational fears might come to that conclusion.

The purpose of IORR is to keep Rolling Stones fans informed about the Rolling Stones current and future activities. The Covid-19 pandemic is the single largest threat to human health and economy since WWII, regardless of what political propaganda is saying some places around the word. The Rolling Stones have to stop touring, and they have to stop doing what they have been doing since 1962. This is facts, it is not something I, the IORR editor, have invented.

Those are opinions, not facts.
It's common these days for people to relate their opinions as facts in order to shut down other opinions, as you do on your forum.
The 'largest threat to human health and economy since WWII'? I could list 10 greater current dangers and we could debate those .. if this was a political forum.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: July 19, 2020 20:26

calipachangero
This thing sure is getting people altered. I never said that it wasn't novel nore am I belittleling the numbers of infected persons and the death toll. And I am certainly not falling for any propaganda. This is a very weak argument, bv.I just think one needs to maintain a sense of reality and not lose their mind over it. If everybody let's fear reign over common sense, it's soon gonna be Game over, because people no longer do trust each other, changing the side of the street just because someone doesn't wear a mask as some fearful User put it some moments ago. Of course we need to be careful, but taking every comment of any so called experts as fact without critical thinking, making wild guesses about touring, vaccines etc and bringing up the 1918 spanish flu as a likely possible outcome Covid-19 could take, is a bit over the top in my opinion. I always thought of you as some Kind of voice of reason, bv, but that has changed drastically in those last months.

Someone needs a backstage pass to a Covid-19 party.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: July 19, 2020 20:26

Okay, just to get the facts straight. There has been three great pandemics during the 20th century: A(H1N1), A(H2N2), A(H3N2) - Spanish flu, Asian flu, Hong Kong flu - 1918,1957,1968.
Approx world death toll: 50 million, 5 million and 1 million. So far Corona has claimed around 600,000 lives. Mostly older people. The Spanish Flu and the Asian flu killed mostly younger people. Below 45.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: July 19, 2020 20:46

calipachangero
This thing sure is getting people altered. I never said that it wasn't novel nore am I belittleling the numbers of infected persons and the death toll. And I am certainly not falling for any propaganda. This is a very weak argument, bv.I just think one needs to maintain a sense of reality and not lose their mind over it. If everybody let's fear reign over common sense, it's soon gonna be Game over, because people no longer do trust each other, changing the side of the street just because someone doesn't wear a mask as some fearful User put it some moments ago. Of course we need to be careful, but taking every comment of any so called experts as fact without critical thinking, making wild guesses about touring, vaccines etc and bringing up the 1918 spanish flu as a likely possible outcome Covid-19 could take, is a bit over the top in my opinion. I always thought of you as some Kind of voice of reason, bv, but that has changed drastically in those last months.

The amount of drifting is stupefying - why would you care if someone chooses to change the side of the street they walk on if they see you without a mask? You're so hung up in beating your chest that you wipe the slate with "any so called experts" and then you say "critical thinking" - that is ridiculous.

You have nothing constructive to offer and have an opinion about something you clearly don't understand. BV may be wrong about this or that or have an attitude about whatever this or that but one thing no one can accuse him of (or anyone else in all of Europe) is having a fake patriotic American (arrogant) point of view about the world and history.

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: July 19, 2020 21:27

So Dr. Fauci is a "so called expert." These people are just hopeless. It's a slow motion train wreck here in the US because too many folks are listening to the critical thinkers...you know, the drink the bleach people. This kind of critical thinking will assure our doom and least of all that we will never see the Stones in the US again.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-07-19 21:54 by steffialicia.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: July 19, 2020 22:19

steffialicia
So Dr. Fauci is a "so called expert." These people are just hopeless. It's a slow motion train wreck here in the US because too many folks are listening to the critical thinkers...you know, the drink the bleach people. This kind of critical thinking will assure our doom and least of all that we will never see the Stones in the US again.

If we never see the Stones again in the US it will be because it is not safe to do so. Dr. Fauci is an expert in infectious diseases and I personally would and do trust his judgement. Everyone makes mistakes and most people factor in new data as they learn more. EVERYONE has made mistakes.

Unless it is safe for the band, their touring crew and their fans why would they want to tour. They do not need the money and it is not worth their health. We ALL want the Stones to tour but only some people would want them to risk their lives for our enjoyment.

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: July 19, 2020 22:31

Before there is no vaccine there will be no Stones tour as we know it. That's quite simple. So there might be no tour any more.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: August 14, 2020 21:32

From Mick's recent interview with Mark Olsen of The Los Angeles Times:

MO: The release of “The Burnt Orange Heresy” was cut short and it’s now being rereleased, plus the Rolling Stones had to postpone a series of tour dates. I assume that your life usually is pretty well scheduled, so these last few months must have felt like a real change for you.

MJ : I’m just the same as everyone else. We’ve all had to change our lives in lots of ways. And even though things have kind of eased up in Europe a lot, opening up and stuff, it was a bit of a shock to the system. Talking about the movie, it was very disappointing that it never got to really come out because the lockdown was the week of release. And then we had to postpone the Stones tour, and so that’s a bit of an unknown factor as to what next year is going to bring — for all parts of the entertainment business, really.

I think films are being shot now in some places and it’s quite difficult to shoot, because there’s so many measures to keep everyone safe. Life on a film set is always a bit fraught anyway, quite often a tight space, tensions, that sort of a thing. And so I’m sure right now shooting is even more difficult, with all the restrictions involved.

But live shows are really something, concerts of every kind, rock, classical and theater, every kind of live show business, so to speak, is obviously going to be one of the last things, I think, that is going to come back to any normality. I mean, it’s just not financially possible to run an opera with 50 people in the theater. So I don’t know what the live show for rock ‘n’ roll or pop music is going to be next year. I don’t see much happening. Maybe this year in some places, but I don’t know what’s going to happen.

[www.latimes.com]

Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: August 15, 2020 02:55

I hope they can figure out a way to put out an album.

beyond that....I expect nothing.

Come on, folks....all this arguing about "facts" and "experts" and COVID is completely irrelevant...

doesn't matter who you, me or the lamppost choose to believe....it's who THEY choose to believe....and I promise you, they choose to believe those who are leaning WAAAAY towards "no tour anytime soon"

we're not even having Big 10 Football this year....and that is basically a RELIGION in those parts of the US....don't count on a tour.

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: August 15, 2020 03:21

steffialicia

Come on, those idiots dumb enough to drink bleach are so small and dumb they're helping natural selection.

Nobody's an expert here since this hasn't happened in over 100 years, even Fauci has contradicted himself a few times though I still respect his opinion, yet he has some financial investments in some potential treatments so skepticism is natural.

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: August 15, 2020 03:52

kovach
steffialicia

Come on, those idiots dumb enough to drink bleach are so small and dumb they're helping natural selection.

Nobody's an expert here since this hasn't happened in over 100 years, even Fauci has contradicted himself a few times though I still respect his opinion, yet he has some financial investments in some potential treatments so skepticism is natural.

Sorry, I don't believe Dr. Fauci is hoping to cash in in some way. This professional has served under six Presidents.

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: August 15, 2020 04:05

steffialicia
kovach
steffialicia

Sorry, I don't believe Dr. Fauci is hoping to cash in in some way. This professional has served under six Presidents.

I don't either, but you can see how it can be viewed as a conflict of interest and raise skepticism.

Posted by: CJFP ()
Date: August 15, 2020 05:48

kovach
steffialicia
kovach
steffialicia

I don't either, but you can see how it can be viewed as a conflict of interest and raise skepticism.

Christ, I believe Fauci more than anyone right now. Honestly, I think he's the only guy up there who actually has the well being of the people at heart.

Anyway, moral of the story is that we have so far failed to contain this goddamn virus and now we're paying for it.

Posted by: MileHigh ()
Date: August 15, 2020 05:54

I think the touring has to come to an end. I almost feel a bit embarrassed about it right now. The giant stages and all that are in the realm of Katy Perry and Beyonce.

"B Stage in a studio" is something I could live with. Something like the Elvis '68 comeback special. Wouldn't that be nice if they just sat on stools in a circle and played a few songs for the fun of it?

A TV studio with a few hundred people in the audience, no more than that. They would actually have to play well, and that might be an issue in itself.

Stools today, wheelchairs tomorrow. Bow out before you need wheelchairs.

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: August 15, 2020 06:47

I would be all over something like that, unfortunately I am sure the tickets would go to the rich and famous, and I am neither.

jb

Date: August 17, 2020 17:22

Apologies in advance if I missed this earlier in the thread. Does anyone know how long the 2020 tour dates can remain in a postponed status until they either have to be rescheduled or cancelled? I would think some type of commitment should be known by year-end if not sooner.

On the 7th day God created The Rolling Stones

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: August 17, 2020 17:30

makemeburnthecandle

Does anyone know how long the 2020 tour dates can remain in a postponed status until they either have to be rescheduled or cancelled?

This question can probably only be answered by AXS or the Stones themself.

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: August 17, 2020 17:36

jbwelda
I would be all over something like that, unfortunately I am sure the tickets would go to the rich and famous, and I am neither.

jb

Naaaah, jbwelda. That's not what The Rolling Stones have been around. I don't know if you had the opportunity to see one of the 2002/2003 club shows, but the ticket prices were very, very friendly for the non-rich and famous. Okay, they were sponsored by the money from stadium and arena shows, but I'm sure the band will find away to please the common Stones fan one way or the other (via some heavily paid private shows f.i.).
Don't give up hope winking smiley

Posted by: bv ()
Date: August 17, 2020 18:01

jbwelda

jb

The Rolling Stones have always been taking care of the fans with less money to spend. For many many years they had the first 10 rows at a very low price - in fact the lowest price of the house. Then the money makers asked for the first rows through the pit, so they introduced Lucky Dip. Anybody should be able to afford a pair of Lucky Dip tickets, at $35 or so each, but that concept is built on the basis of another 50,000 or so in the same house paying hundreds of dollars, which will not happen this year, and not next year.

Bjornulf

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: August 17, 2020 18:31

Yes well you know the saying (maybe you dont) about for whom hope springs eternal.

jb

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: August 17, 2020 19:19

At this point my feelings are about everyone's health and well being and safety . Never mind taking chances or gambling with diminished returns on anything . This is a Pandemic that we haven't seen the likes of in our lifetime . Makes you put life in perspective and arrange all your ducks in a row and hope and pray for the best . That includes the Rolling Stones , I for one don't want any harm to come to them as much as I don't want any harm to come my way . It's just not safe !

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 17, 2020 19:28

makemeburnthecandle
Apologies in advance if I missed this earlier in the thread. Does anyone know how long the 2020 tour dates can remain in a postponed status until they either have to be rescheduled or cancelled? I would think some type of commitment should be known by year-end if not sooner.

Yes that seems odd to me also, but the Stones aren't the only band who haven't committed one way or the other. Roger Waters and his massive tour was also postponed, and is still in a state of limbo. But in both cases, refunds have been available for months (and yes I've been refunded for all), and Waters even mentioned on his website that he reached out to Ticketmaster and AXS, and told them they better do right for the fans who want refunds - none of this monkey business that was going on at the time holding peoples money until there was an actual cancellation. Unfortunately these delays in committing are giving some fans false hope while keeping their money out of their own bank accounts. And it's highly dsoubtful the Stones will ever be able to keep the same itinerary of cities in the same venues. Old San Diego stadium for example is expected to be demolished next year - imagine the fiasco for fans who are holding out hope for that, only to find out it's never going to happen after all because the stadium no longer exists! Maybe like some bands, they could reschedule some of the dates in the distant future to 2022 giving a small ray of hope that the tour might happen some day when a vaccine is discovered, and/or when it's deemed safe to have massive crowds gathered in tight spaces. Otherwise, the mystery of non-commitment could possibly continue for however long someone feels like it. And then there's their age, insurance issues, and the general uncertainty of it all...it seems to be a conundrum with no easy answers....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-08-17 19:29 by Hairball.

Date: August 17, 2020 20:13

I don't think there is any rules as of how long a ticket sales or a postponement may be in general. Some bands do sell tickets one year ahead of show time. As long as the customers - i.e. the ticket buyers - are willing to invest in such long term ticket buying, then it is perfectly legal.

I had tickets to other shows, not just the Stones. Elton John did just list new dates September 2021, and they told me it was simply a new date. I have asked for a refund, because I don't want any commitments next year.

The Rolling Stones have not listed any new dates. I assume they will have to cancel at one point, when the lawyers see the virus is still around, on the date they have as a last possible date in their contract.

Making a new album in isolation is almost impossible. You may rush out a single, a track, or two, but an album is teamwork, a band in studio. You can't make an album when the singer is in France (or Italy), the guitar player is in USA, the drummer in England, and the other guitar player is also in England or may be in Spain.

A tour is out of question until the pandemic is over. It might take years. The Rolling Stones are very different from Manchester United or Barcelona FC or any of the other football teams. Locations, age, medical state and risk are all very different. I am sure Mick and Keith and Charlie and Ronnie do want to work in studio and also tour, but unfortunately that is not possible.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: August 17, 2020 20:22

I can't understand why 5 musicians and say 4 or 5 sound technicians cannot get together and cut an album.

I would like to see the Stones' new album completed and even the E Street Band's as well.

They could even practice CDC guidelines in a studio. The NBA with 25-40 on the court and sideline s in all seem to being ok along with Baseball.

Date: August 17, 2020 20:42

Chris Fountain
I can't understand why 5 musicians and say 4 or 5 sound technicians cannot get together and cut an album.

I would like to see the Stones' new album completed and even the E Street Band's as well.

They could even practice CDC guidelines in a studio. The NBA with 25-40 on the court and sideline s in all seem to being ok along with Baseball.

Plus security, catering, runners, pizza delivery, family members, guitar makers, guests, all those who are parts of great recording sessions. With Keith in CT USA and Mick in France I can't really see that happening.

The Rolling Stones are age 70's i.e. high risk vs Covid-19. Baseball players and football players are in their 20's and their 30's max, they are at very low risk. Think of the Stones as those who live at nursing homes and homes for elderly - you don't arrange large parties with external guests in nursing homes these days.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 17, 2020 20:52

And then there was this just two weeks ago having to do with Major League Baseball in the US:

"Marlins COVID-19 outbreak: Another player tests positive Friday; 20 total reported cases among team"

Coronavirus OUTBREAK

Even young and healthy athletes aren't immune to the hazards - no matter how cautious they are.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: August 17, 2020 21:05

I wonder what colder weather is going to do with COVID. That is just around the corner; October is not far away... want affect us too much but COVID seemed not to be challenged by the Florida Heat.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: August 17, 2020 21:19

Chris Fountain
I wonder what colder weather is going to do with COVID. That is just around the corner; October is not far away... want affect us too much but COVID seemed not to be challenged by the Florida Heat.
I think it will be a nightmare with cold weather, most will be sheltered indoors and the virus loves confined spaces . I seriously dread this winter as COVID - 19 will be running rampant .

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: August 17, 2020 21:20

I heard somewhere someone saying the virus particularly likes 4 degrees (centigrade not fahrenheit)

Date: August 17, 2020 21:34

Covid-19 does not care about summer or winter. It is all over the globe. Example: Iceland has average summer temperature 10–13 °C (50–55 °F). They have the same covid-19 challengers as all others. Indoor is more trouble than outdoor. Winter in the northern hemisphere i.e. in USA/Canada, Europe etc will be more trouble because more people will be indoor, and also the flu season is starting then.

It is hard to do a show or a recording with people 2-3 m i.e. 6-9 feet apart and also max 5-10 people in the room. Keith and Mick do understand this, so Keith is saying this in the Uncut Magazine October 2020 edition, where they look into may be releasing separate tracks rather than an album.

Bjornulf

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415...LastNext
Current Page: 10 of 26

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2073
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home