Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 12
Matt Lee's Book 'Hot Stuff'
Date: April 2, 2020 13:51

Is this getting ready to come out? For some reason I got a notice telling me about this book.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-01-22 12:21 by bv.

Re: Matt Lee's Book
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: April 2, 2020 15:45

Updated: release date now 22-Oct-2021 - [www.Amazon.co.uk] , [www.Amazon.com] , [www.Bol.com] .

Palace Revolution 2000

Is this getting ready to come out?

If you search after the ISBN 978 1787393073 some Bookstores say it will now be released in October 2020 - [www.Amazon.com] , [BulkBookstore.com] , [www.Buchzentrum.ch] .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-19 21:45 by Irix.

Date: April 2, 2020 18:45

I am guessing that due to the isolation situation, there may be a delay. But I am sure Matt will give an update when he can.

Posted by: GAFF ()
Date: April 2, 2020 19:10

It's on Amazon with a release date of Oct. 6, 2020. $35 US.

Posted by: Stonesdude ()
Date: April 3, 2020 02:32

I put our pre order in.

This should be a great book to read and see what Matt is proud enough of to put in his book.He was so gracious to invite fans to his flat in 2018 to see some of his collection. On our next trip to London I hope to see his museum.

Posted by: mattleeuk ()
Date: April 4, 2020 01:19

Hi All,

Thanks for your interest in this... it's been a long time ambition of mine to make my collection accessible to as many people as possible. The two main initiatives are to publish a book and open a museum.

I will be opening my museum later this year. It was due to be finished before the tour but some of the works are delayed by COVID-19. There is about four weeks fit out work left and then it will take me another six to eight weeks or so to pack with amazing stuff.

The book is well underway and is due to hit an autumn release date however there is a delay in photographing many of the items also due to COVID-19. It doesn't mean it will definitely be late but the longer the lockdown goes on the more likely it is to miss the planned date. Rest assured it will go ahead and it will be packed with lots of items that many will never have seen.

Rest assured I will keep you updated... and I will be hosting lots of things at the museum when this health crisis is over. In the meantime please stay safe and well.

If anyone has anything amazing, now is the time to let me persuade you to part with it so it can go in the museum and or book :-)

Posted by: angee ()
Date: April 5, 2020 06:45

Thanks, Matt! Looking forward to the book, and maybe one day to see the museum.

::trying to think of something you don't have::

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: April 5, 2020 07:37

Looking forward to this, awesome!

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: April 5, 2020 09:57

thumbs up

Posted by: curt ()
Date: April 5, 2020 13:57

mattleeuk
Hi All,

Thanks for your interest in this... it's been a long time ambition of mine to make my collection accessible to as many people as possible. The two main initiatives are to publish a book and open a museum.

I will be opening my museum later this year. It was due to be finished before the tour but some of the works are delayed by COVID-19. There is about four weeks fit out work left and then it will take me another six to eight weeks or so to pack with amazing stuff.

The book is well underway and is due to hit an autumn release date however there is a delay in photographing many of the items also due to COVID-19. It doesn't mean it will definitely be late but the longer the lockdown goes on the more likely it is to miss the planned date. Rest assured it will go ahead and it will be packed with lots of items that many will never have seen.

Rest assured I will keep you updated... and I will be hosting lots of things at the museum when this health crisis is over. In the meantime please stay safe and well.

If anyone has anything amazing, now is the time to let me persuade you to part with it so it can go in the museum and or book :-)

What is the best way to submit what kind of things? I have an open email address here.

Date: April 5, 2020 17:54

curt
What is the best way to submit what kind of things? I have an open email address here.

Thank you, my email is open too: mattleeuk@gmail.com

I am always looking for really great stuff... I am particularly interested in 60's and 70's posters, handbills, tour items etc... but I am usually interested in almost anything :-)

Cancelled? Matt Lee’s Collectibles book
Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: April 25, 2020 15:45

Amazon U.K. emailed me to say they’ve cancelled my order for Matt Lee’s new collectibles book. Has the book’s completion been delayed for obvious reasons?

Re: Cancelled? Matt Lee’s Collectibles book
Date: April 25, 2020 15:48

There is a thread already. I think Matt said it will be out in October or round that.

Re: Cancelled? Matt Lee’s Collectibles book
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: April 25, 2020 15:55

DandelionPowderman

There is a thread already.

Yep: [iorr.org] - and some Bookstores still say that the release will be from 6-Oct-2020.

Stones book by Matt Lee
Posted by: Jfk19562003 ()
Date: September 11, 2020 16:45

Just received notice from my bookseller that it’s postponed until September 2021. What happened?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-09-15 13:56 by bv.

Re: Stones book by Matt Lee
Date: September 11, 2020 18:51

Matt is waiting for the next Stones tour to finish before he finalizes the book.

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: September 11, 2020 19:03

Is that true?

He might be waiting a very long time.

jb

Date: September 11, 2020 21:24

Unfortunately it was delayed due to covid meaning not everything could be shot :-(. I will have more info soon but it very much on, just delayed. Hopefully it will be even better and worth the wait. Thank you for your patience. The museum will be open this year!

Posted by: Jfk19562003 ()
Date: September 11, 2020 22:17

Thanks, Matt.

Posted by: rollingknokke ()
Date: September 11, 2020 22:32

We are looking forward to your Stonesbook Matt. I hope also to come to your museum with the boys of Knokke-Heist.
Hope to see you soon and I wish you all the best.

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: September 11, 2020 23:11

Hey,yeah...take your time,I'm waiting patientally...

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: September 11, 2020 23:24

Definitely looking forward to your book on The Rolling Stones Matt.

All good things will come to us in time, and in these troubled times it will be something to look forward to. thumbs up

I'm looking forward to reading through the new Ready Steady Go book by Andy Neill which should have plenty of Rolling Stones content, which you can now get for about £26 on line from Amazon etc.
Will keep me going for a while.

Keep on keepin' on everyone................. and looking forward to when we see The Stones playing live again, even if it is a video of the band playing together, to put something out for their fans all over the world.

I live in hope. smileys with beer

Posted by: Zagalo ()
Date: September 12, 2020 00:28

Good luck with the project...
...having seen some of the collection in 2018, courtesy of your hospitality...
...looking forward to seeing a lot more! thumbs up

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 12, 2020 01:06

But hang on .... if the Queen
can bravely shout it then it must be acceptable ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: September 12, 2020 01:14

Rockman

Should be more like the gangster, looking all religious and what not.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 12, 2020 01:18

Yeah but he's got a Luger
in his hand .... he dont have ta speak a word ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: dead.flowers ()
Date: September 14, 2020 11:31

Rockman

Haha, I was not aware it's the Queen's language, so it's perfectly alright, of course.

d.f

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: September 15, 2020 09:43

The book will be worth the wait. Bill knows Stones collecting - what’s authentic
and what’s not. He collects the “one of a kind” items and the “much of a kind items”. His collection is his passion and he loves to share this with fellow fans - collectors and non collectors.

Posted by: Ruediger ()
Date: September 15, 2020 12:04

... in case you do not know, swintothemoon:

Bill is obviously trying to get rid of a large number of the items he has collected over the last 50 or so years.

Have a look here:
[www.juliensauctions.com]

Posted by: mattstones ()
Date: September 15, 2020 13:49

Hell yeah!

Goto Page: 1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 12

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1879
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home