Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...287288289290291292293294295296297...LastNext
Current Page: 292 of 344
Re: Coronavirus COVID-19 status around the world
Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: August 3, 2021 18:11

Interesting study. Would you want a fully vaccinated or an unvaccinated anti-vaxxer sitting next to you at a Stones show if this study proves to be true?

Can infected vaccinated people spread the delta variant? Study offers encouraging answer.

[www.sfgate.com]

Eric Ting
SFGATE
Aug. 2, 2021

The biggest reason the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reversed its mask guidance and now recommends that everyone, regardless of vaccination status, wear masks indoors is because of evidence that fully vaccinated individuals who become infected have as much virus in their nose as unvaccinated infected individuals.

CDC experts felt comfortable making the assumption that in the rare event of a breakthrough infection caused by the delta variant, virus in the nose equates to transmission. Some thought that was a safe assumption, while others did not.

A study from Singapore published on preprint site medRxiv further explores the viral load question, and found that while vaccinated individuals who become infected do have virus in their noses, they shed virus considerably faster than infected unvaccinated individuals — making the former group less infectious.

The study was conducted among 218 individuals in Singapore who were admitted to a hospital after a delta variant infection. 71 received a licensed mRNA vaccine, 130 were unvaccinated, and the others were either not fully vaccinated or received a non-mRNA vaccine.

Researchers used serial Ct values (threshold cycle value, generated during PCR testing) as a proxy for viral load (a higher Ct value = more virus) and found that vaccinated breakthrough infections saw accelerated Ct reduction over time when compared to cases among unvaccinated individuals.

"Vaccinated patients appeared to clear viral load at a faster rate," the authors write. "Our serologic data suggest an early rapid rise in neutralizing and binding antibodies indicated by C-Pass and Roche anti-S antibodies, which may be evidence of memory immunity to COVID-19 vaccination on challenge with a breakthrough infection."

It has already been well documented that individuals who are fully vaccinated are at very low risk of severe disease should a breakthrough infection occur. The Singapore study suggests that breakthrough infections are also less infectious.

Date: August 3, 2021 18:33

Over 1000 the viral load and spreads 50% faster (4 days vs 6 days)
[www.nature.com]

This will not end well for crowded events.

Mike

[www.flickr.com]

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: August 3, 2021 18:45

daspyknows
Interesting study. Would you want a fully vaccinated or an unvaccinated anti-vaxxer sitting next to you at a Stones show if this study proves to be true?

Can infected vaccinated people spread the delta variant? Study offers encouraging answer.

[www.sfgate.com]

Eric Ting
SFGATE
Aug. 2, 2021

The biggest reason the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reversed its mask guidance and now recommends that everyone, regardless of vaccination status, wear masks indoors is because of evidence that fully vaccinated individuals who become infected have as much virus in their nose as unvaccinated infected individuals.

CDC experts felt comfortable making the assumption that in the rare event of a breakthrough infection caused by the delta variant, virus in the nose equates to transmission. Some thought that was a safe assumption, while others did not.

A study from Singapore published on preprint site medRxiv further explores the viral load question, and found that while vaccinated individuals who become infected do have virus in their noses, they shed virus considerably faster than infected unvaccinated individuals — making the former group less infectious.

The study was conducted among 218 individuals in Singapore who were admitted to a hospital after a delta variant infection. 71 received a licensed mRNA vaccine, 130 were unvaccinated, and the others were either not fully vaccinated or received a non-mRNA vaccine.

Researchers used serial Ct values (threshold cycle value, generated during PCR testing) as a proxy for viral load (a higher Ct value = more virus) and found that vaccinated breakthrough infections saw accelerated Ct reduction over time when compared to cases among unvaccinated individuals.

"Vaccinated patients appeared to clear viral load at a faster rate," the authors write. "Our serologic data suggest an early rapid rise in neutralizing and binding antibodies indicated by C-Pass and Roche anti-S antibodies, which may be evidence of memory immunity to COVID-19 vaccination on challenge with a breakthrough infection."

It has already been well documented that individuals who are fully vaccinated are at very low risk of severe disease should a breakthrough infection occur. The Singapore study suggests that breakthrough infections are also less infectious.

Exactly, but keep blaming all the non-vaxed for spreading it solely on their own. I've been saying this same thing for weeks now - it's pretty damn common sense just like with the Flu vaccine. You might be under the weather one random day during the winter and just think you didn't sleep well or something, meanwhile you're spreading the flu to others more prone to it or not vaxed.

Posted by: skytrench ()
Date: August 3, 2021 19:12

Who sheds the virus fastest...a vaccinated person or previously infected un-vaccinated person? This can also depend on the time lapsed since vaccination/infection and the characteristics of the person shedding virus (like 78year old vs 23 year old).

Date: August 3, 2021 19:44

and now there's a new variant, the Lambda variant......even more resistant to the vaccines...

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 3, 2021 19:51

Not really a new variant as it's been around for quite a while, but I guess some who don't trust the media are just now becoming aware of it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-03 19:52 by Hairball.

Date: August 3, 2021 20:01

Hairball
Not really a new variant as it's been around for quite a while, but I guess some who don't trust the media are just now becoming aware of it.

smileys with beer good one.

Date: August 3, 2021 20:06

obviously.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: August 3, 2021 20:14

About the viral load among fully vaccinated people. Most fully vaccinated people never get really sick, and they do not end up in hospital at all. The reports about fully vaccinated people with viral load is related to those who actually end up in hospital.

[www.sfgate.com]

Bjornulf

Date: August 3, 2021 20:23

It is a total waste of time to post so called CNN news here without actual reference links. Also, it is a total waste of time to post about 45, 46, Trump, Biden, US politics, about "Wuhan virus", hydroxychloroquine, or any other such terms used for political purposes.

I do know some people do not want vaccine. I do know some people do not want to see masks, let alone wear them. However, health authorities across the world do recommend covid-19 vaccine, they do recommend keeping a distance, and they do recommend wearing masks when safe distance is not possible.

Bjornulf

Date: August 3, 2021 20:46

Hairball

Well, it's not talked about on the news round my parts.

Date: August 3, 2021 20:48

Miss the days when this board wasn't full of disdain. Used to enjoy coming here without all the mud-slinging, hiding behind my computer BS fodder of the extremists. Fewer and fewer are those that I even look forward to seeing posts from including some herein today that I once thought were decent chaps.

Posted by: 2014Slayer ()
Date: August 3, 2021 20:50

VoodooLounge13
Miss the days when this board wasn't full of disdain. Used to enjoy coming here without all the mud-slinging, hiding behind my computer BS fodder of the extremists. Fewer and fewer are those that I even look forward to seeing posts from including some herein today that I once thought were decent chaps.

I agree, this board should be about our shared love of the Stones. Peace, Love & Rock n' Roll.

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: August 3, 2021 21:12

2014Slayer
VoodooLounge13

I agree, this board should be about our shared love of the Stones. Peace, Love & Rock n' Roll.

Agreed. It's becoming increasingly unpleasant here. Since when is it okay to wish death on people you disagree with? I recommend the Twilight Zone episode "The Monsters Are Due On Maple Street" to put this situation in context. And with that, I bid you all a fond adieu. It was fun while it lasted.

Date: August 3, 2021 21:33

2014Slayer
VoodooLounge13

Cannot agree more, yet I keep coming back to this thread. Looking for news and updates about the virus that is changing our lives. Reading opinions from around the world trying to make sense of this new reality. Even enjoying the insults thrown. Should bv just archive the thread and have covid talk spill even more over on the other topics? Nobody is forced to read this thread (besides the moderator). As much as we need something to agree on, we also need to disagree to learn.

Date: August 3, 2021 21:36

skytrench
2014Slayer
VoodooLounge13

Cannot agree more, yet I keep coming back to this thread. Looking for news and updates about the virus that is changing our lives. Reading opinions from around the world trying to make sense of this new reality. Even enjoying the insults thrown. Should bv just archive the thread and have covid talk spill even more over on the other topics? Nobody is forced to read this thread (besides the moderator). As much as we need something to agree on, we also need to disagree to learn.

Absolutely!! But few and far between are those who can disagree and not show disdain for those whose opinions they don't align with. And unfortunately, I myself keep coming back to this thread.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-03 22:33 by VoodooLounge13.

Date: August 3, 2021 22:14

I see, so all those who spread disinformation now have their feelings hurt because people who believe in science, vaccines and masks disagree with them.

Date: August 3, 2021 22:26

Who is the judge of what is disinformation? Are scientists foolproof? Most people get hurt when what they believe to be true is dismissed. Some get angry when they are not believed. And then some enjoy arguing for the sake of it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-03 22:42 by skytrench.

Date: August 3, 2021 22:53

skytrench
Who is the judge of what is disinformation? Are scientists foolproof? Lot's of people get hurt when what they believe to be true is dismissed. And some people enjoy arguing for the sake of it.

IORR is an editorial site. It is my responsibility, as an editor, to make sure that false information is removed. For most parts of the free world, the definition of facts and fiction is easy. If you do not like my editorial work then feel free to visit other places.

With social media and internet publication, there is a lot of false information around. Like 2+2 = 5 and so on. For me, 2+2 have always been 4.

A good example is the mask discussion. Some people just hate masks, they hate it for unknown reasons. Then they dig out some report made by a doctor in rocket science, or a professor in microbiology, or a fan of the freedom of do what you like, and then they publish this is the portal verybignews.whatever, then they make news about this very serious site which says masks do not work and so on. Again and again. So you will always find a quote or a doctor or a nurse who would say something that is not really right, but it makes no point to publish that here. Do it on FB or some other place, where you may post almost anything you like at any time, including hate, false info, extreme statements and so on.

Bjornulf

Date: August 3, 2021 23:18

bv
IORR is an editorial site. It is my responsibility, as an editor, to make sure that false information is removed. For most parts of the free world, the definition of facts and fiction is easy. If you do not like my editorial work then feel free to visit other places.

No complaints from me, I admire the effort you are obliged to put into it and appreciate the discussions that arise under this framework.

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: August 3, 2021 23:43

I got friendly fire...

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: August 4, 2021 00:50

Have a feeling this will spread elsewhere for people who got the J&J single shot.

I for one having gotten. my second Pfizer shot back in mid-Feb, would line up for a booster right now, which is also likely coming sooner rather than later imo.

J&J Covid vaccine recipients can get supplemental Pfizer or Moderna shots in San Francisco

The San Francisco Department of Public Health and Zuckerberg San Francisco General Hospital said Tuesday they are allowing patients who received Johnson & Johnson’s single-dose Covid-19 vaccine to get a second shot produced by Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna.

J&J recipients can make special requests to get a “supplemental dose” of an mRNA vaccine, city health officials said in a statement to CNBC, declining to call the second shots “boosters.” J&J’s vaccine only requires one dose and recipients are considered fully vaccinated two weeks after receiving the shot.

On a call with reporters later Tuesday, San Francisco health officials said they are allowing patients to get the extra shots due to the high number of requests they were receiving from residents. They maintained that J&J’s vaccine is highly effective against the virus and its variants.
[www.cnbc.com]

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: August 4, 2021 00:57

The latest terrible pandemic trend? Vaccine hypocrites

Some people have been wearing disguises to vaccine appointments, because they don’t want to be seen by anti-vax friends. The culprit? Culture war capitalism

The hottest summer accessories for people who don’t want to die a horrible death but are ashamed to admit it? A wig and dark glasses. It has been reported that some people in Missouri, which has one of the lowest vaccination rates in the US, are wearing disguises to their vaccine appointments because they are terrified their anti-vaxxer friends and family might find out that they are protecting themselves from a deadly virus. A local healthcare provider has even started advertising “discreet” appointments for people who want to keep their shot secret. “If you are afraid of walking into a public area where you might be seen getting your vaccine, we will work to accommodate even more of a private setting for you to receive your vaccine,” Ozarks Healthcare said in a statement.

So this is the latest inane chapter of the culture wars, eh? Vaccines have become so politicised that the US is now having to provide safe spaces for people worried that they will be ostracised by their peers for believing in science. I would love to say I feel sympathy towards these people, but the seemingly never-ending pandemic has drained me of patience; stories like this just make me irate. If I were a pharmacist at that Missouri hospital, I would be tempted to grab the stealth-vaccinators by their collars and scream: “FACTS DON’T CARE ABOUT YOUR IGNORANT FRIENDS’ FEELINGS!” (You can see why I have never successfully worked in a customer-facing environment.) There are millions of people around the world who don’t have access to a vaccine and would proudly get one. Treating a lifesaving shot like a dirty little secret is the height of privilege.

Of course, the people who have been brainwashed into thinking that vaccines are evil aren’t the real problem. The real problem is the people who are doing the brainwashing. A fair few of them, I would wager, have been vaccinated themselves, but are stoking fear about the jabs because of culture war capitalism. Who cares about the truth, after all, when polarisation can be so profitable?

Take the Fox News host Tucker Carlson, for example, who has been a key figure in fuelling vaccine hesitancy – a routine he seems to think helps his ratings. If he truly believed the nonsense he spouts, you would think he would be proud to advertise his own unvaccinated status. But, no, Carlson refuses to clarify whether he has had a shot or not. Worse, he feigns outrage about “supervulgar questions like that”. When a Time reporter raised the issue, he asked her what her favourite sexual position was and when she last engaged in it. Clearly chuffed with that false equivalence, he lobbed a similar question to a New York Times reporter who asked about his vaccination status.

The Republican congresswoman and QAnon supporter Marjorie Taylor Greene is similarly cagey (but thankfully less sexual) on the subject. While she is happy to spread vaccine misinformation, she won’t say explicitly whether or not she has chosen to get a shot. Instead, she told a reporter who asked whether she had been vaccinated that the question was a violation of her “Hipaa rights”. You see, she explained, “with Hipaa rights, we don’t have to reveal our medical records – and that also involves our vaccine records”. I won’t bore you with the details of the US Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, but Greene’s interpretation of it is incorrect.

While I have no way of knowing her vaccination status, I wouldn’t be surprised if Greene were a Hipaa-crite who got herself protected as soon as she could, yet rails against the vaccine because she knows that this is what her base wants to hear. Depressing, isn’t it? If only there were a vaccine to protect us from self-interested politicians.

[www.theguardian.com]

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 4, 2021 01:49

THE AUSTRALIAN --- 4 August 2021

ROCKMAN

Date: August 4, 2021 01:56

THE AUSTRALIAN -- 4 August 2021

ROCKMAN

Date: August 4, 2021 02:41

daspy doesn’t know me...

Date: August 4, 2021 03:25

... he dont know me neither
..... but then again who does .....HHHHHaaaaaaaaHHUHUH

ROCKMAN

Date: August 4, 2021 03:33

some virus may know you...be very, very careful.

Date: August 4, 2021 03:35

.... DOUBLE JAB ....
and keep away from people ..... me careful

ROCKMAN

Date: August 4, 2021 03:37

...and never forget to wear a face mask, okay?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...287288289290291292293294295296297...LastNext
Current Page: 292 of 344

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1603
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home