Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Ronnie Wood and Kenney Jones with Sir Rod Stewart at 2020 Brit Awards
Posted by: brownsugar86 ()
Date: February 19, 2020 21:55

Glad to see them active and performing together.

Found it slightly random, considering they already got that Outstanding Contribution type award in '93. Also Faces, although well known at the time weren't a giant UK hit crossover group. The masses would only really know the song Stay With Me. Normally the acts that get it have 12 or so monster hit radio songs and all different generations know them, Queen or Blondie for example. I guess the Brits people were just lumping them in with Rod's solo success.

The generation gap was huge. New current artists in their teens/early 20's singing & rapping to synths and laptop beats to then have guys in their 70's playing rock n roll. Nothing wrong with it, just a big jump i noticed, no one middle aged in between there. Surprised Rod and Ronnie don't feel a bit silly going to things like this after 30 years odd years of playing the elder statesmen of rock roles, as the kids get younger & they get older, but i guess they love the attention and rightly so.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: February 19, 2020 22:04

Looks like Rod has put some pounds on.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: February 23, 2020 06:38

Just watched the vid on Youtube, Rod's voice wasn't too good. He basically talked his way through most of the song. Not sure why, his voice is still pretty good.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1528
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home