Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Sex Appeal
Posted by: Leonard Keringer ()
Date: October 22, 2005 03:57

is it just me or does most music of today lack sex appeal?...not the teenybopper sex appeal but the down and dirty sex appeal of the stones....seems like most of the newer bands are making music that wreeks of sexlessness...maybe i'm gettin old...but i dont think so...comments anyone?

Re: Sex Appeal
Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: October 22, 2005 06:10

I think it's there. That is the one thing that I look for in a performer. It's really boring to me if there is absolutely no sex overtones. They could come in all kind sof different forms or fashions. That's why a band like the Dead e.g. will never do a thing for me. Those Birkenstock boys remind me of a wet dog. But there have been bands that I get into even if I don't like the music that much.besides the Stones, the Clash, Jane's Addiction, old Roxy Music, Prince, Lucinda Williams, Nick Cave, Lou Reed are all pretty funkin' sexy. Of the new acts Kings of Leon and Strokes are hot.
What I don't dig is the Uber-Sex in those videos. Aguilera...I don't get it. She can really sing. What is that grinding about? And the hos in the Rap videos? I don't know what it is but it ain't sexy. It's funny sorta.

Date: October 22, 2005 06:17

It's not important.I like Clapton's music but,if I went by looks,I wouldn't.I'd be listening to Kelly Clarkson or somebody.I wouldn't want to see a magazine full of Bobby Keys pictures either,to be honest with you.

Posted by: KSIE ()
Date: October 22, 2005 07:51

I haven't got excited since that hunky bassplayer for the Lazy Cowgirls!

Karl

Posted by: BornOnTheBayou ()
Date: October 22, 2005 08:49

Leonard Keringer Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> is it just me or does most music of today lack sex
> appeal?...not the teenybopper sex appeal but the
> down and dirty sex appeal of the stones....seems
> like most of the newer bands are making music that
> wreeks of sexlessness...maybe i'm gettin old...but
> i dont think so...comments anyone?

Ever check out Beyonce ??

Today's music is 100% about sex appeal... that's the problem... it's too much about superficial sex appeal, that's like a REQUIREMENT for a band to even get attention this day...

"It's just that demon life has got me in it's sway..."

Posted by: LA FORUM ()
Date: October 22, 2005 11:51

Theif in the Night Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It's not important.I like Clapton's music but,if I
> went by looks,I wouldn't.I'd be listening to Kelly
> Clarkson or somebody.I wouldn't want to see a
> magazine full of Bobby Keys pictures either,to be
> honest with you.

It's not about looks, but appeal right? Lennon had appeal, Mick too, Keith as well and of course Brian. Kobain had it. Etc. Madonna. Tori Amos still has it.

Posted by: Rank Outsider ()
Date: October 22, 2005 12:35

If you want sex appeal - Check out:

Tommy Lee
Rufus Wainwright
Jon Bon Jovi
Robbie Williams
Juliette Lewis

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: October 22, 2005 19:34

I agree, Leonard. The problem is, everything is too visual these days. The sex used to have to be in the music because you rarely ever saw the band on TV. Today all the sex is in the video or on the magazine cover or the official website.

Britney and Christina and Beyonce can sell a million copies just based on the fact that they are hot, even though their music sucks. I don't find their music sexy at all even though they themselves are. It's all appearance and no substance. I do like watching their videos, though - with the sound down and some Stones cranking! Makes it seem like they are shaking it to the Stones and not whatever synth pop bubblegum crap they (excuse me, not them, their producer and/or backing band) are really pumping out.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Previous page Next page First page IORR home