Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...8384858687888990919293...LastNext
Current Page: 88 of 101
Re: Goats Head Soup Reissue - out September 4
Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: September 12, 2020 03:37

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: September 12, 2020 03:44

Think the low numbers represents a disconnect with the older Stones crowd not wanting to buy it again? Because some artists still sell 100,000 plus copies in a week.

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: September 12, 2020 04:00

I thought that was more the magnitude of sales these days too, especially for big time acts.

But the thing is, and excuse me if this is already explained, the way people buy music these days is not necessarily buying physical product. Do these charts we are talking about include purchased digital copies, or are they only counting physical items, cds, vinyl, tape (in this instance), and whatever else might be available? I have a feeling they are not counting digital copies, and that is where the big numbers would be. I cannot imagine a top selling hiphop (for instance) artist is only selling in the tens of thousands a week. Seems awfully low for being able to flash all them benjamins for the camera.

Not to take away from what it is, and probably there is a healthy sales figure on the digital side as well, I am just unclear what is being talked about here and elsewhere with this #1 thing.

jb

Date: September 12, 2020 04:12

How come in the UK the numbers are so small for Silver, Gold and Platinum sales?

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 12, 2020 04:13

I've never heard of Declan McKenna, and know nothing about his music, but feel a bit sad for him losing out the #1 spot to a group of senior citizens and a nearly 50 year old album.
He's probably getting teased by his friends and family, but I guess if you're going to lose to someone it might as well be the good old Rolling Stones.
Then again, he's only 21 and will have plenty of opportunities in the future, but for his sake hopefully he won't be going up against the Beatles or the Stones.

How are the Stones and GHS doing on the US charts?
I bought three copies (double vinyl, double cd, and cassette) so have done my part as a loyal fan.thumbs up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-09-12 04:15 by Hairball.

Posted by: JordyLicks96 ()
Date: September 12, 2020 04:24

GasLightStreet
How come in the UK the numbers are so small for Silver, Gold and Platinum sales?

My guess is the population differences in different countries. Less people equals less album sales needed for certification.

US Population (2019): 328.2 Million
UK Population (2019): 66.65 Million

Date: September 12, 2020 04:29

JordyLicks96
GasLightStreet

My guess is the population differences in different countries. Less people equals less album sales needed for certification.

US Population (2019): 328.2 Million
UK Population (2019): 66.65 Million

Wow I didn't realize it was that big of a difference.

I would think album sales in the US are biggest in the East, from Chicago and Nashville to New York/Boston and down to Philly and Miami.

Midwest you have... Denver and Kansas City.

In the west you have San Diego, Los Angeles, San Francisco and Seattle. The obvious big cities.

Can't see a lot of albums being bought in Iowa or Nebraska...

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: September 12, 2020 10:04

georgelicks

Congrats to the greatest band ever smileys with beer

Date: September 12, 2020 10:41

Mick cool as hell.
Charlie's face at round 2:45
Taylor's great slide.
The harmonica.
Great rythm section.

"I'm going home on a south-bound train
With a song in my mouth"

[youtu.be]

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: September 12, 2020 11:24

I'm not buying the 4CD deluxe edition, I allready have Brussels in less brickwalled version. The 2CD is all I need. And, I'm saving up money, as I really would like them 3 ducks on my wall, made of real gold and silver, and that's about 2500 euro.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 12, 2020 11:28

I really would like them 3 ducks on my wall,
made of real gold and silver, and that's about 2500 euro.

Hey Erik .... thats a wild idea .....

what kinda walls ya got ??? ... Quack Quack ....

ROCKMAN

Date: September 12, 2020 11:29

Won the 4CD box at the GHS release party in Oslo. It's fantastic. But I won't tempt you, Erik smiling smiley

Date: September 12, 2020 11:30

Hey WOW!!! man thats great Dandeeeeeeee

You deserve it ..... Treasure ... and ENJOY

ROCKMAN

Date: September 12, 2020 11:34

Yes, congratulations, Dandelion! Release-party? I'm in Torshov, Oslo, and I didn't know about it. Well, they chose the right winner, anyway.

Date: September 12, 2020 11:40

Rockman
I really would like them 3 ducks on my wall,
made of real gold and silver, and that's about 2500 euro.

Hey Erik .... thats a wild idea .....

what kinda walls ya got ??? ... Quack Quack ....

It's just marble, I couldn't afford the gold paint over that.

Date: September 12, 2020 11:42

MARBLE !!!!! ..... thats usually
only used by rich guys and chicks like Cleopatra .....

PS: dont slip and hit ya head on thee wall

ROCKMAN

Date: September 12, 2020 12:22

DandelionPowderman
Won the 4CD box at the GHS release party in Oslo. It's fantastic. But I won't tempt you, Erik smiling smiley

smileys with beer

Date: September 12, 2020 13:39

Erik, it was at Røverstaden on September 10. Bård Ose, Jørgen Roll and Tom Skjekleseter talked about GHS and the 73 tour from the stage. Dum Dum Boys and Backstreet Girls were there, too + geeks like me and your Torshov neighbour RobberBride.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-09-12 13:40 by DandelionPowderman.

Date: September 12, 2020 13:49

DandelionPowderman
Erik, it was at Røverstaden on September 10. Bård Ose, Jørgen Roll and Tom Skjekleseter talked about GHS and the 73 tour from the stage. Dum Dum Boys and Backstreet Girls were there, too + geeks like me and your Torshov neighbour RobberBride.

God-damn, I never knew about this, DP, I would had been there if I'd knew.

The reason is that I spend too many hours with books and not on the internet, so I miss out on things.

BTW, have no idea who RobberBride is.

Date: September 12, 2020 14:27

Rockman
MARBLE !!!!! ..... thats usually
only used by rich guys and chicks like Cleopatra .....

PS: dont slip and hit ya head on thee wall

Cleopatra and Antonius.....now there's a couple!

Unfortunately there are no dangerous snakes where I live, so I can't live up to them ?

edit: or die like them?

Funny that we get into this, as I've been into Cleopatra, Antonius, Caesar, Cicero, etc etc the last 6 months, can't get enough

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-09-12 14:51 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: September 12, 2020 15:00

Egypt? Very interesting times.

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: September 12, 2020 15:08

georgelicks

Who could have believed that 47 years ago! A 99.8% accuracy score in terms of total number of weeks ...
I travelled all the way by train to Hamburg on September 30 1973 (cost me 5x more than the concert ticket grinning smiley) to see the Stones two days later in the Ernst Merck Halle. Because I moved to Japan only days later for almost 3 years, I was sure I would never see the Stones live again.eye rolling smiley
How sure can one be, hahaha.
smileys with beer

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: September 12, 2020 15:38

Well done lads!

Questions on it though...I bought the lp/Scarlet package thru Stones online store. I’m in Australia. Does that count to UK sales? Likewise the deluxe Lp box thru a German distributor(which, from tracking, appears to originate from the US) - where is that sale recorded? And my deluxe cd Box from uDiscover. Where would that sale be recorded???

Rod

Rod

Date: September 12, 2020 17:10

DandelionPowderman

I'm so annoyed at myself, that I didn't know about this. And DumDum and the B.Girls too.....grrrr

Posted by: laf848 ()
Date: September 12, 2020 22:07

In the USA, According to Hitsdaileydouble.com, the album has sold 19,243 copies and is #24 on their list. Billboard's new chart will be Tuesday. Good showing for the Stones. In the USA, Queen has been outselling older Rock acts for the last 2 or 3 years and its not even close. Seems that younger generations love Queen.

Posted by: JordyLicks96 ()
Date: September 12, 2020 23:19

DandelionPowderman

Congrats Dandelion!! That's so awesome!!!!! smileys with beer

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: September 12, 2020 23:36

Don't need the damn 'Deluxe Edition'. It's not that great of an album to begin with. I always thought it was a crappy, uneven, flat mix in places. I just want the Blu Ray CD to see if they improved it at all. And I'm not buying redundant product at an exorbitant price to get it. I already downloaded the 'new' songs, and I'm enjoying them. The others, the alternatives, aren't all that interesting.

The Stones work a song into shape, bettering earlier takes. They didn't tend to do things in different rhythms like the Beatles did with 'I'm Looking Through You' and 'Tomorrow Never Knows', which are totally different from the finished cuts.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: September 12, 2020 23:55

24FPS

I just want the Blu Ray CD to see if they improved it at all.

BluRay-Stereo has the same DR6-Mastering like the CD (but in 96kHz/24bit) - [Forums.SteveHoffman.tv] .

BluRay-Multichannel has at the 1st glance much better DR-values but it's probably due to the mostly silent Rear-Channels which throw off the DR-Measuring-Algorithm - [iorr.org] .

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: September 13, 2020 01:40

24FPS
Don't need the damn 'Deluxe Edition'. It's not that great of an album to begin with. I always thought it was a crappy, uneven, flat mix in places. I just want the Blu Ray CD to see if they improved it at all. And I'm not buying redundant product at an exorbitant price to get it. I already downloaded the 'new' songs, and I'm enjoying them. The others, the alternatives, aren't all that interesting.

The Stones work a song into shape, bettering earlier takes. They didn't tend to do things in different rhythms like the Beatles did with 'I'm Looking Through You' and 'Tomorrow Never Knows', which are totally different from the finished cuts.

Sucks to be you, it's in my top 5 (along with the other Taylor era albums) and I love the Super-dee Duper Deluxe. Has it made my Stones collecting life complete? No. Has it increased the pleasure factor? smileys with beersmoking smileyhot smiley

P.S. You know you want it, just get it for cryin' out loud!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-09-13 01:46 by shadooby.

Posted by: stonesstein ()
Date: September 13, 2020 02:31

Since I first bought it in 77-ish, GHS was, is, and always will be a GREAT Stones' LP!!

After all, they still play 1/2 the LP in concert in their last 5-6 years of set lists.

So, Lester Bangs, Dave Marsh, and all those "hipper-than-thous" out there,

GO DRINK SOME BELLADONNA ON A TOUSSAINT NIGHT!!!

stonesstein

Kick me like you did before
I can't even feel the pain no more
Rocks Off, 1972

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...8384858687888990919293...LastNext
Current Page: 88 of 101

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2282
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home