Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5051525354555657585960...LastNext
Current Page: 55 of 157
Re: The Rolling Stones No Filter USA/CA Tour 2020
Posted by: 1985jayer ()
Date: April 9, 2020 18:01

If you purchased a concert ticket 4 weeks ago for $200 to $400 dollars and now you are broke and need the money to feed yourself or pay rent. You probably should not have purchased the ticket.

Oct-Nov tour, 8-10 cities, some same some new cities. New stadiums in LA and Vegas are now in play. There's a hold on the Vegas stadium. The panic and fear are more contagious then the virus. 9 million people died from hunger each year, fix that.

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: April 9, 2020 18:02

1985jayer
If you purchased a concert ticket 4 weeks ago for $200 to $400 dollars and now you are broke and need the money to feed yourself or pay rent. You probably should not have purchased the ticket.

Oct-Nov tour, 8-10 cities, some same some new cities. New stadiums in LA and Vegas are now in play. There's a hold on the Vegas stadium. The panic and fear are more contagious then the virus. 9 million people died from hunger each year, fix that.

Most people had a job when they bought the tickets…

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: April 9, 2020 18:25

"Oct-Nov tour, 8-10 cities, some same some new cities. New stadiums in LA and Vegas are now in play. There's a hold on the Vegas stadium. The panic and fear are more contagious then the virus. 9 million people died from hunger each year, fix that."

New Stadiums? Kind of curious what promoter thinks they will sell out Stadiums in Oct/Nov in new stadiums while fans have already bought tix for other Stadiums which will either be postponed or cancelled. if this is the case it won't be the Virus that retires the Stones from touring it will be bad management.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: April 9, 2020 18:26

1985jayer

What an astoundingly stupid post.

Nate

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: April 9, 2020 18:33

1985jayer

If nothing done 9 million would have died from this too. Still possible once it spreads to subsaharan Africa, India and South America. There is not going to be an outdoor stadium tour in US in October/November. The Rolling Stones are not stupid.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: April 9, 2020 19:02

sarahunwin

Most people had a job when they bought the tickets…

Or credit cards that weren't maxed out yet. Oops...

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: April 9, 2020 19:30

Finally after emailing Ticketmaster I was able to apply for my refund which will supposedly happen in 30 days or less. I agree with BV regarding fans remembering this fiasco when and if there's another tour. I for one will pay MORE and use Stub Hub or other ticket brokers and will gladly pay a few bucks more just to avoid those thieves at Ticketmaster! They are ROBBERS! We should not be put through this kind of crap to secure a refund in such horrible financial times!

Posted by: tonyc ()
Date: April 9, 2020 19:36

mickschix
Finally after emailing Ticketmaster I was able to apply for my refund which will supposedly happen in 30 days or less. I agree with BV regarding fans remembering this fiasco when and if there's another tour. I for one will pay MORE and use Stub Hub or other ticket brokers and will gladly pay a few bucks more just to avoid those thieves at Ticketmaster! They are ROBBERS! We should not be put through this kind of crap to secure a refund in such horrible financial times!

Funny post. Like StubHub is better. But, you got to agree with bv!

Posted by: Stonesdude ()
Date: April 9, 2020 19:38

I'm not sure Stub Hub will be any better. Others have posted that they will not give refunds at all, just a credit for 120% for future use. All these companies are taking advantage of customers. This may be a time for us to contact our political leaders and ask for legislation to fix this for all of us.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 9, 2020 19:56

I'll be way more cautious and selective when purchasing any future tickets. Yeah I'll buy a Stones ticket again (if there ever are any), but probably won't gamble on alot of other shows knowing they could be postponed indefinitely while I have no chance for a refund. Or if they pull some crap like rescheduling a year or more from now without a chance for a refund. To be sure, it's not like I need my money back ASAP from any of the current tickets I have - I just don't like being taken advantage of by ticketbastards or any one else for that matter.

It would be like ordering a cheeseburger at a restaurant, but then the waitress comes back and says "sorry we've run out of burgers today, but we'll take care of you some time in the future - could be tomorrow, next week, or next year. There's also possibility we'll never have burgers again, but we'll keep your money just in case. We can't offer a refund or even an alternative like a chicken sandwich, but your money is safe with us"!
Yeah, that sounds like a good deal....good enough to make me throw a table through the wall of the restaurant, and I'm not a violent person. lol

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: April 9, 2020 20:04

I think Ticketmaster, and the promotors for whom they act, will have to change their refund policy, make it very clear that refunds will be issued if a concert is postponed, rescheduled or cancelled, for anyone to have much confidence in doing business with them in future. It was different even a few years ago before concert ticket prices shot into the stratosphere, people weren’t as concerned about leaving their funds with them. But now that ticket prices are so high, people are correct to question whether their money is safe with Ticketmaster and/or the promotors who may have already received some or all of their money from TM. I’m asking for refunds now because this is going to be a long time getting sorted and I am not confident that TM or the promotor will remain solvent. Not going to gamble on it. If the tour is re-scheduled, there will be tickets.

Posted by: KingmanBarstow ()
Date: April 9, 2020 20:09

SomeTorontoGirl
I think Ticketmaster, and the promotors for whom they act, will have to change their refund policy, make it very clear that refunds will be issued if a concert is postponed, rescheduled or cancelled, for anyone to have much confidence in doing business with them in future. It was different even a few years ago before concert ticket prices shot into the stratosphere, people weren’t as concerned about leaving their funds with them. But now that ticket prices are so high, people are correct to question whether their money is safe with Ticketmaster and/or the promotors who may have already received some or all of their money from TM. I’m asking for refunds now because this is going to be a long time getting sorted and I am not confident that TM or the promotor will remain solvent. Not going to gamble on it. If the tour is re-scheduled, there will be tickets.

This is exactly the way I feel. Very concerned about solvency. STG, did you get tickets for Vancouver? And if so can I ask how you plan to request a refund from TM.ca?

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 9, 2020 20:18

Hairball
It would be like ordering a cheeseburger at a restaurant, but then the waitress comes back and says "sorry we've run out of burgers today, but we'll take care of you some time in the future - could be tomorrow, next week, or next year. There's also possibility we'll never have burgers again, but we'll keep your money just in case. We can't offer a refund or even an alternative like a chicken sandwich, but your money is safe with us"!
Yeah, that sounds like a good deal....good enough to make me throw a table through the wall of the restaurant, and I'm not a violent person. lol

More like ordering a cheeseburger from Uber-Eats, who don't really make cheeseburgers.
They go to retrieve your burger, and all the restaurants have closed down rendering them unable to execute the transaction. They have a million cheeseburgers on order, and rather than refund your money and go bankrupt, they offer to fulfill the order when the restaurants open again. Frustrating yes.. but then they point you to their fine print which clearly shows postponed orders are not refundable, cancelled restaurants who close shop are,

As the NYT article points out, the postponed vs cancelled refund policy didn't change, it was always there, they just changed the way they express it on their page.

Date: April 9, 2020 20:32

KingmanBarstow
This is exactly the way I feel. Very concerned about solvency. STG, did you get tickets for Vancouver? And if so can I ask how you plan to request a refund from TM.ca?

I put a refund request for Vancouver through TM as soon as the Request Refund button appeared. I’m expecting a long wait. I had also put through refund requests via Live Chat for Charlotte and another (non-Stones) show, both of which have recently been credited back to my card. I’m still waiting for Detroit and Buffalo, both requested via Request Refund (i.e. no Live Chat with a rep) and expect that’s going to take a long time. Fingers crossed...

Date: April 9, 2020 20:46

MisterDDDD

As the NYT article points out, the postponed vs cancelled refund policy didn't change, it was always there, they just changed the way they express it on their page.

Seems they used to be way more fan friendly and flexible in the past with their refund policy. I don't ever recall having indefinite postponements without a recheduled date w/no chance of a refund, or a band rescheduling as far out in the future as a year or more w/out offering a refund, but I suppose it may have happened occasionally?

And I recall Dan saying here in this thread that it's way different now than it was prior to the "change" in their policy, and he should know as he attends concerts and shows pracitcally 365 nights a year .

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: April 9, 2020 21:17

It astounds to think about the no refund policy , correct if I am wrong they (TM ) keep the service charges and all the other fees? and refund only the cost of the ducats ? So if they gladly gave a refund , and when and if tours get rescheduled TM then gets to collect brand new service charges and fees once again thusly turning a profit X 2 . So how do they not come out ahead of the game and continue to pile up the profits ? Then if they are not letting go of the refunds it must be all about collecting interest in there mega corporate account which is probably what it's all about to begin with !

Date: April 9, 2020 21:20

TheGreek
It astounds to think about the no refund policy , correct if I am wrong they (TM ) keep the service charges and all the other fees?... !

They refund the full purchase amount including fees and service charges.

Date: April 9, 2020 21:22

@Greek - my refund for San Diego included all service charges and fees.
What I originally paid is what was credited back to my account.

Date: April 9, 2020 21:27

Hairball
MisterDDDD

Seems they used to be way more fan friendly and flexible in the past with their refund policy. I don't ever recall having indefinite postponements without a recheduled date w/no chance of a refund, or a band rescheduling as far out in the future as a year or more w/out offering a refund, but I suppose it may have happened occasionally?

And I recall Dan saying here in this thread that it's way different now than it was prior to the "change" in their policy, and he should know as he attends concerts and shows pracitcally 365 nights a year .

Nobody disputing the fact that it's way different now, ie- they used to grant refunds routinely for postponed shows. But.. they didn't actually change their policy, they just started enforcing the option of not routinely refunding them.

"Ticketmaster said that, while it’s true it changed language to clarify matters, its refund policy has remained the same for years. StubHub, as the middleman between buyers and sellers of secondhand tickets, says that handling refunds for the huge number of canceled concerts is simply not manageable."

“In the past, with a routine volume of event interruptions, we and our event organizers have been able to consistently offer more flexibility with refunds for postponed and rescheduled events,” Ticketmaster said in a statement. “However, considering the currently unprecedented volume of affected events, we are focused on supporting organizers as they work to determine venue availability, new dates and refund policies, while rescheduling thousands of events in what continues to be an evolving situation.”
[www.nytimes.com]

Date: April 9, 2020 21:38

Nate
1985jayer

What an astoundingly stupid post.

Nate

X2

Mike

[www.flickr.com]

Posted by: IGTBA ()
Date: April 9, 2020 21:39

I finally have a refund from TM showing up as "pending" to my credit card, which means it should post officially tonight. I started requesting refunds, using the Request a Refund links, on March 24. So far, I have requested six refunds - all just using the links from the TM My Tickets page.

So TM has actually started issuing refunds, 16 days after I started the requests. The pending amount does not match any specific requested refund, so I will report again tomorrow on which concert(s) have been refunded and if it was the full purchase price.

Date: April 9, 2020 21:39

MisterDDDD
Hairball
MisterDDDD

Nobody disputing the fact that it's way different now, ie- they used to grant refunds routinely for postponed shows. But.. they didn't actually change their policy, they just started enforcing the option of not routinely refunding them.

"Ticketmaster said that, while it’s true it changed language to clarify matters, its refund policy has remained the same for years. StubHub, as the middleman between buyers and sellers of secondhand tickets, says that handling refunds for the huge number of canceled concerts is simply not manageable."

“In the past, with a routine volume of event interruptions, we and our event organizers have been able to consistently offer more flexibility with refunds for postponed and rescheduled events,” Ticketmaster said in a statement. “However, considering the currently unprecedented volume of affected events, we are focused on supporting organizers as they work to determine venue availability, new dates and refund policies, while rescheduling thousands of events in what continues to be an evolving situation.”
[www.nytimes.com]

Yeah I read the article and understand all that which leads back to my original point I previously posted - I'll be much more cautious and selective when purchasing tickets in the future because of this "evolving situation".

Date: April 9, 2020 21:44

As will we all.
Trouble is the Stones don't sell cheeseburgers directly.

Date: April 9, 2020 21:52

The Stones will be worth the gamble as I previously stated (if they ever do sell tickets again), and plus there's the fact they're actually offering refunds right now for postponed shows unlike many other acts/concerts.
It's the large amount of shows from many other artists that I'll be more cautious and selective with when contemplating tickets. What used to be an "impulse" purchase, I'll definitely be thinking twice if it's worth the gamble.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: April 9, 2020 22:09

Not so FUNNY Tonyc because with Stub Hub you can easily chat with REAL REPS anytime who are a lot more helpful...plus if you can't attend a show you bought a ticket for, they help you sell your ticket up on that site. The point is, as BV said, folks WILL remember this fiasco and all of the very unnecessary stress they put fans through...and how difficult is was to resolve the problem...for some, it is STILL not resolved. I never used Ticketmaster in previous years because it was easier to get a seat exactly where I wanted to be in the stadium through brokers...and yes, it was a bit more money but I was always satisfied. Ticketmaster is digging their own grave over this by not doing the right thing right away. During a world wide pandemic is NOT the time to screw fans!

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: April 9, 2020 22:55

Sorry to say that anyone buys tickets from these outfits does so at their own peril.

If you need persuading, all you need to do is read the IORR thread or the many media reports about ticket scalping and the endless outrages committed against fans by the likes of Viagogo (which recently acquired Stubhub), not to mention the legal battles they are fighting in the UK and elsewhere about their dubious practices.

Not that Ticketmaster is any better, despite its pretence not to be a ticket tout. Fans were already clearly at its mercy, what with its own shenanigans like platinum tickets etc., but its new non-refund policy takes the biscuit.

Posted by: KingmanBarstow ()
Date: April 9, 2020 23:26

SomeTorontoGirl
KingmanBarstow

I put a refund request for Vancouver through TM as soon as the Request Refund button appeared. I’m expecting a long wait. I had also put through refund requests via Live Chat for Charlotte and another (non-Stones) show, both of which have recently been credited back to my card. I’m still waiting for Detroit and Buffalo, both requested via Request Refund (i.e. no Live Chat with a rep) and expect that’s going to take a long time. Fingers crossed...

Found it. And submitted! Thanks.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: April 9, 2020 23:54

1985jayer

You're an idiot.

plexi

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: April 9, 2020 23:58

1985jayer

This could quite possibly be the most ignorant post i've seen here in my sixteen years on this board.

You sir are a complete f*cking idiot.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2020-04-10 00:10 by mnewman505.

Posted by: ExileFromNJ ()
Date: April 10, 2020 00:31

NY Times April 8 article about refund problems.

[nyti.ms]

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5051525354555657585960...LastNext
Current Page: 55 of 157

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1796
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home