Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: Bill Wyman book "Stones From The Inside"
Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: March 8, 2020 13:17

he's the only independent original left alive who could possibly know.
if only he was some sort of crazy collector who wrote everything down and was not only there on the inside; but an essential wheel . hang in there Bill. cool doc.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 22, 2020 00:48

Had missed this, thanks.
So did anyone else get their signed book ? I asked them a couple of weeks ago and got a pretty curt reply saying they were well within the planned timeframe...

Posted by: StonedInTokyo ()
Date: March 22, 2020 01:09

gotdablouse
Had missed this, thanks.
So did anyone else get their signed book ? I asked them a couple of weeks ago and got a pretty curt reply saying they were well within the planned timeframe...

I purchased the signed edition about a month ago but it has yet to arrive.

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: March 22, 2020 01:29

Same here, ordered it a few weeks ago but nothing material as yet. I wasn't aware I was pre-ordering or if I was, if there was a time schedule. Probably did not read the fine print well enough

jb

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: March 23, 2020 06:28

The man standing with Bill on p. 209 of Bill's book who is identified as Truman Capote is definitely not Truman Capote (for one thing Capote stood 5' 2" tall, and this man stands at the same height as Bill. For another the Stones and Capote weren't too keen on each other after Capote's accompanying their 1972 tour. And, in general, by 1981 Capote was in rather a social oubliette).

Having said that, I'd once read Bill say he'd invited Peter O'Toole to a Stones L. A. concert in 1981 and that O'Toole (my favorite actor) told Bill afterwards that he was astounded by the energy rush of that stadium show. So I was very pleased to finally see Bill's photo—on p. 214—of O'Toole at that L. A. show.

Incidentally, on p. 144, the top photo said to be Keith doesn't look like Keith. It could be him at an odd angle, but I think perhaps Bill (improbably, yes) misidentified who was in fact Ian McGlagan (who is photographed at those same sessions two pages later). Would Keith have worn a Tom-Petty-and-the-Heartbreakers T-shirt in 1978?

Maybe I'm unfairly thinking of this shirt:

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: March 23, 2020 12:24

gotdablouse
Had missed this, thanks.

At least you have received an answer …

I have ordered my copy on Feb. 14. Can't remember what the "planned timeframe" was.

In any case, I tried to contact them to give further contact details (the virus lockdown!), but no sign of life!

C

Date: March 24, 2020 16:47

Sounds like they're going to have a few Paypal claims to deal with...

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: March 25, 2020 02:49

Hope it was not too good to be true. Kind of seemed like it, to be honest, but went for it anyhow. I am a patient man, generally.

Edit: just went back and looked at "timeframe". Says 3 - 5 weeks before your order will be shipped, for "signing time". So for me that makes it right about now. Possibly this whole virus thing has delayed it some.

jb

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-25 02:54 by jbwelda.

Date: March 26, 2020 10:30

Well at least 3 people got theirs so it was indeed for real. I'm not sure when they ordered though, mine was placed on February 29th.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 596
Record Number of Users: 184 on May 17, 2018 22:46
Record Number of Guests: 3948 on December 7, 2015 15:07

Previous page Next page First page IORR home