Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Re: Bill Wyman book "Stones From The Inside"
Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: March 8, 2020 13:17

he's the only independent original left alive who could possibly know.
if only he was some sort of crazy collector who wrote everything down and was not only there on the inside; but an essential wheel . hang in there Bill. cool doc.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 22, 2020 00:48

Had missed this, thanks.
So did anyone else get their signed book ? I asked them a couple of weeks ago and got a pretty curt reply saying they were well within the planned timeframe...

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: StonedInTokyo ()
Date: March 22, 2020 01:09

gotdablouse
Had missed this, thanks.
So did anyone else get their signed book ? I asked them a couple of weeks ago and got a pretty curt reply saying they were well within the planned timeframe...

I purchased the signed edition about a month ago but it has yet to arrive.

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: March 22, 2020 01:29

Same here, ordered it a few weeks ago but nothing material as yet. I wasn't aware I was pre-ordering or if I was, if there was a time schedule. Probably did not read the fine print well enough

jb

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: March 23, 2020 06:28

The man standing with Bill on p. 209 of Bill's book who is identified as Truman Capote is definitely not Truman Capote (for one thing Capote stood 5' 2" tall, and this man stands at the same height as Bill. For another the Stones and Capote weren't too keen on each other after Capote's accompanying their 1972 tour. And, in general, by 1981 Capote was in rather a social oubliette).

Having said that, I'd once read Bill say he'd invited Peter O'Toole to a Stones L. A. concert in 1981 and that O'Toole (my favorite actor) told Bill afterwards that he was astounded by the energy rush of that stadium show. So I was very pleased to finally see Bill's photo—on p. 214—of O'Toole at that L. A. show.

Incidentally, on p. 144, the top photo said to be Keith doesn't look like Keith. It could be him at an odd angle, but I think perhaps Bill (improbably, yes) misidentified who was in fact Ian McGlagan (who is photographed at those same sessions two pages later). Would Keith have worn a Tom-Petty-and-the-Heartbreakers T-shirt in 1978?

Maybe I'm unfairly thinking of this shirt:

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: March 23, 2020 12:24

gotdablouse
Had missed this, thanks.

At least you have received an answer …

I have ordered my copy on Feb. 14. Can't remember what the "planned timeframe" was.

In any case, I tried to contact them to give further contact details (the virus lockdown!), but no sign of life!

C

Date: March 24, 2020 16:47

Sounds like they're going to have a few Paypal claims to deal with...

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: March 25, 2020 02:49

Hope it was not too good to be true. Kind of seemed like it, to be honest, but went for it anyhow. I am a patient man, generally.

Edit: just went back and looked at "timeframe". Says 3 - 5 weeks before your order will be shipped, for "signing time". So for me that makes it right about now. Possibly this whole virus thing has delayed it some.

jb

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-25 02:54 by jbwelda.

Date: March 26, 2020 10:30

Well at least 3 people got theirs so it was indeed for real. I'm not sure when they ordered though, mine was placed on February 29th.

--------------

Date: April 4, 2020 23:21

Anybody has any news Premiere Collectibles?

Or tried to call?

All my mails remain unanswered

See thy are based in Franklin TN,

Anybody here lives there?

Do they have a phone no?

C

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: April 5, 2020 02:48

liddas

Or tried to call?

Do they have a phone no?

C

Is this to do with the Auction, or the book? Please post more details and if I can help I will.

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Posted by: keefmick ()
Date: April 5, 2020 02:59

I also ordered a book and recently emailed them about its whereabouts. I received a response email in about two or three days saying they were running a little behind but hope to be able to ship the book soon and they offered a refund if I did not want to wait. I think they are legitimate.

Date: April 5, 2020 04:18

That's comforting to hear, I am really looking forward to delivery.

jb

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: April 5, 2020 06:29

liddas

Or tried to call?

Do they have a phone no?

C

This is the answer I got from them

"...Thanks for reaching out to check on your order!

Your order xxxxxx "Stones From the Inside: Rare and Unseen Images" is still coming, and we’re still within the three week estimated time frame stated on the product page to set expectations. As also mentioned there, sometimes an author’s busy schedule causes this timeframe to be exceeded.

We’re doing everything we can on our end to speed the process along, but it’s difficult to give a fully accurate estimate on shipping, as we’ve found that time estimates we receive for the factors outside of our control do not always hold up. I can assure you that we’ll ship your order out to you as the books are received and processed on our end.

You’ll receive an email with tracking to the email on your order when the order ships. Additionally, we’ll send a mass email if/when we receive any concrete information on when the signed books are going to be into our warehouse.

Thanks again for your patience, and let me know at any time if you’d prefer to cancel your order for a full refund. Have a good one!

Julius Rigan
Customer Service
PremiereCollectibles.com
"

I ordered the book on Feb 7., get the answer above on March 10., and no news since, guess the Covid19 would have delayed most of the packages worldwide...

HMN

Date: April 5, 2020 11:25

CaptainCorella
liddas

Or tried to call?

Do they have a phone no?

C

Is this to do with the Auction, or the book? Please post more details and if I can help I will.

The book!

Ordered it on February 14.

I tried to contact them via their website to give them a new shipping address as the first I gave them was the one of my office that eventually I had to close to conform to the lockdown orders.

Having received no answer I tried via email.

Last one sent was March 26, but, again, no answer

I am sure they are having troubles and I Amin no hurry. Only would like to know where the order is standing.

Thank you for any help you can provide

C

Posted by: 5strings ()
Date: April 5, 2020 16:12

I ordered in february 25,they seems to have problems to send it in France.

Date: April 5, 2020 19:33

I have hundreds of Stones books; beautiful ones.
But I do not interested in this latest cash grab by some of the members.
What am I paying $400 for here exactly? The photos are not all that unique or artistic. And I can say almost 100% certainty that the stories are not going to rock my world either.

Posted by: damnation ()
Date: April 5, 2020 23:28

Have ordered another signed artist book end of last year from them and received it in good order within the stated timeframe. So I am pretty confident it will get through to France. Just odd times....

Date: April 5, 2020 23:35

Palace Revolution 2000
What am I paying $400 for here exactly? The photos are not all that unique or artistic. And I can say almost 100% certainty that the stories are not going to rock my world either.

400$?

Don’t think we are talking of the same book!

Fair enough Bill is no Robert Capa, but I somehow like his point of view.

C

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: April 6, 2020 00:20

liddas
Palace Revolution 2000

400$?

C

[www.amazon.com]

Actually 499$...in case you want the limited deluxe edition...

Date: April 6, 2020 00:32

liddas
Palace Revolution 2000

400$?

C

You are right Liddas, I was generalizing a bit. The limited edition of his latest is around that price though. Even the lowest edition will end up being around $65. But I was throwing Ronnie in there too with his doodling and setlists. And Bill is a fine photographer, but he's on his 4th or 5th Stones book. But he's not the most daring snapper. He's got to be scraping the bottom of the barrel by now haha..

I'm probably just edgy from lock-down phobia.

Date: April 6, 2020 01:08

Palace Revolution 2000
liddas
Palace Revolution 2000

400$?

C

You are right Liddas, I was generalizing a bit. The limited edition of his latest is around that price though. Even the lowest edition will end up being around $65. But I was throwing Ronnie in there too with his doodling and setlists. And Bill is a fine photographer, but he's on his 4th or 5th Stones book. But he's not the most daring snapper. He's got to be scraping the bottom of the barrel by now haha..

I'm probably just edgy from lock-down phobia.

Know what you mean

Never was into the pricy deluxe versions myself.

And the price of the regular versions usually sooner or later drops.

This time I fell in the trap an actually preordered!

C

Posted by: bv ()
Date: April 6, 2020 14:53

The Book "Stones From The Inside" by Bill Wyman out now, as of March/April 2020, is just brilliant. I love it, and I would recommend it highly. If you love the Stones, you will love this book. Also, like Bill is saying in the foreword, if he did not join the Stones, he would probably have become a photographer.

You just have to love it!

Bjornulf

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: April 6, 2020 17:21

He also said he might have become a Librarian.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: April 6, 2020 17:42

I went to the book signing in London last November and when I talked with Bill about the book he told me he never went anywhere without a camera.

Nate

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: April 6, 2020 17:52

Nate
I went to the book signing in London last November and when I talked with Bill about the book he told me he never went anywhere without a camera.

Nate

Though oddly his many girl friends must have been camera shy!

Date: April 6, 2020 20:44

Just a got a notice from Premiere Collectibles that my order (placed February 19th) had shipped !

--------------

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 6, 2020 20:59

gotdablouse
Just a got a notice from Premiere Collectibles that my order (placed February 19th) had shipped !
thumbs up
Good news! I ordered later than that.. keeping an eye on the email now cool smiley

Posted by: keefmick ()
Date: April 6, 2020 21:03

I just received an email from Premier collectibles that the book I ordered in February has also now been shipped.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1499
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home