Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Ronnie in Miami
Posted by: ohcarol ()
Date: October 18, 2005 23:21

I just saw the band in Miami last night and I played close attention to Ronnies playing because of what I've been reading on this site. Ron had an awsome night last night,he just burned when it was his time to solo. Which leads me to think he just played badly at all these other gigs or these people posting this stuff are all full of nonsence! As a player myself I don't understand you guys...tell me whats going on here?

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2005-10-19 03:18 by ohcarol.

Re: Ronnie in Miami
Posted by: G. the Cock ()
Date: October 18, 2005 23:34

ohcarol, I figured out many people on this site complaining about Woody and trying to put Mick Taylor to a God like status! (btw, my first reaction to a post here concerning a 12 minute version of "Winter" by MT and Carla Olson made me puking on my shoes just thinking about that blasphemy! He should do crap like that in his cellar or on his Bingo Hall appearances for fat stinking housewives IMHO! - sounding very hard and maybe too hard, but maybe it's sometimes necessary to let out ones thoughts in a harsh manner, sorry! I needed that now!!!)
As I've mentioned before, after Brian's death, Woody is the only guitarist in the world fitting to Keith - MHO again!
And, HE and not MT is a fabulous and inspired blues player!!!

Truth is stranger than fiction

stoned greetings
G. The Cock

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: October 18, 2005 23:58

Ron Wood is a great blues player, that is true. He is a great guitar player, too. In the last weeks often I heard the Paris '76 boot. Great soli, great rhythm work. He dominated the concert all over. So he was more complete a guitar player than Mick Taylor. But his guitar work on this tour is terrible. Sometimes it seems to me that he is a bloody beginner. Wrong notes, a solo isn't a solo but a series of notes without any architecture and structure, at least simply no music. In Philadelphia (I've heard only the first CD) it was a desaster. The band was quite good, but Ronnie was a source of many mistakes. I don't understand how he can destroys a sóng like "Tumbling Dice" doing it thousand times in the last 30 years.

Posted by: G. the Cock ()
Date: October 19, 2005 00:04

It's a pity, but that's Woody in the last 15 years! Sometimes he's God (sorry Eric Clapton) and next time he's far beyond anything believable!
Still, he remains the one and only partner for Keef after the decease of Brian!

Truth is stranger than fiction

stoned greetings
G. The Cock

Posted by: Ket ()
Date: October 19, 2005 00:43

G. the Cock Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ohcarol, I figured out many people on this site
> complaining about Woody and trying to put Mick
> Taylor to a God like status! (btw, my first
> reaction to a post here concerning a 12 minute
> version of "Winter" by MT and Carla Olson made me
> puking on my shoes just thinking about that
> blasphemy! He should do crap like that in his
> cellar or on his Bingo Hall appearances for fat
> stinking housewives IMHO! - sounding very hard and
> maybe too hard, but maybe it's sometimes necessary
> to let out ones thoughts in a harsh manner, sorry!
> I needed that now!!!)
> As I've mentioned before, after Brian's death,
> Woody is the only guitarist in the world fitting
> to Keith - MHO again!
> And, HE and not MT is a fabulous and inspired
> blues player!!!
>
>
> Truth is stranger than fiction
>
> stoned greetings
> G. The Cock

Awsome post Cock man! the MT cult suck ! bunch of "artsy" snobs, I bet they like Rush smiling smiley

Posted by: R ()
Date: October 19, 2005 00:48

I've seen three shows this tour and five last time. He was shit-hot in all of them except Toronto '03 (where hey were all lackluster). This tour he appears more focused than ever. Feet planted firmly, head down, eyes focused on his fingers and frets whilst creating blazing guitar work. He jokes around a bit but he's all business.

Posted by: 1cdog ()
Date: October 19, 2005 01:09

Like it or not the proof is in the boots. Listen to the CD's from this tour or watch a DVD from this tour. Getting caught up in the euphoria of having just come from a show often clouds what we "think" we heard or saw.

View or listen to the boots - the music does not lie.

Posted by: mdb ()
Date: October 19, 2005 02:32

guess its what ya like...structure and architecture, and even right notes..lol... doesnt mean as much to me as feeling...but than Im a big fan of Dylan, Joseph Spence and Rev. Gary Davis. Also I rarely listen to boots, since live shows are played for live enjoyment, not recorded listening. Prefer to be there, Stones or otherwise.

Posted by: Rickster ()
Date: October 19, 2005 02:43

Ronnie and the whole band have been playing great. Its just alot of people try to knock him and the rest of the band down its called being jealous of sucess.

Posted by: stickydion ()
Date: October 19, 2005 03:17

As 1cdog says, "like it or not the proof is in the boots". So, after hearing some boots i can say that Ronnie performs very good - often truly great - on this tour.

PS RobertJohnson, i haven't heard any boot from Philadelphia, maybe you're right, i don't know. BTW, the only real destruction of "Tumbling Dice" i can remember, is the version from "Love You Live"! Spineless 100%. In my opinion, the weakest version of TD, ever. Not Ronnie's, but the whole band's fault, i think. Yes, the so overrated "glory years" of the middle 70s...

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: October 19, 2005 03:43

Anybody wanting technical perfection from a guitarist should go see Yes or Emerson, Lake and Palmer or any other suck-ass band of that genre. The Stones are sloppy, that's one reason we love them. The music is down and dirty, off the cuff and not overly obsessed with being polished and sounding exactly like the studio version.

So they make some mistake, so what? Overall I think they still sound great, and the overwhelming majority of those going to the concerts agree.

Posted by: ohcarol ()
Date: October 19, 2005 03:59

Right on brother...preach it!

Posted by: Slick ()
Date: October 19, 2005 04:00

1cdog Wrote:
> Like it or not the proof is in the boots. Listen
> to the CD's from this tour or watch a DVD from
> this tour. Getting caught up in the euphoria of
> having just come from a show often clouds what we
> "think" we heard or saw.
>
> View or listen to the boots - the music does not
> lie.

youre right, Ronnie's great, best tour since 1975, the music dont lie..

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: October 19, 2005 13:39

stickydion Wrote:
> As 1cdog says, "like it or not the proof is in the
> boots". So, after hearing some boots i can say
> that Ronnie performs very good - often truly great
> - on this tour.
>
> PS RobertJohnson, i haven't heard any boot from
> Philadelphia, maybe you're right, i don't know.
> BTW, the only real destruction of "Tumbling Dice"
> i can remember, is the version from "Love You
> Live"! Spineless 100%. In my opinion, the weakest
> version of TD, ever. Not Ronnie's, but the whole
> band's fault, i think. Yes, the so overrated
> "glory years" of the middle 70s...
>
>
Often I emphazised in this forum that I am a fan of the guitar work of the band and particularly of Ronnie Wood. I don't like "clean" guitar work without any mistake. But you should hear Philadelphia and the concerts of this tour all over. Keith Richards is playing well, particularly on "SFTD", but Ron Wood? If he would try to add something new to the songs he did in the last 30 years, and then he fails sometimes, ok, but my impression is that he is often searching the right position of his fingers on the guitar, particularly during the soli.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2435
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home