Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Mick is carrying the torch on this tour ...
Posted by: tat2you ()
Date: October 18, 2005 20:18

its very obvious having seen 3 shows on this tour and 33 all together plus talking to people who have been to shows , that mick is on his game ...and the band is really backing him up ...... but the band is the Stones ...

Re: Mick is carrying the torch on this tour ...
Posted by: reg thorpe ()
Date: October 18, 2005 20:24

Mick's all business...

Date: October 18, 2005 20:25

Doesn't he always?

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: October 18, 2005 21:37

he's carried the band since '02 if not earlier. since the average fan is relatively ignorant of the "musical details" of the Stones, Mick alone has pretty much been able to sustain the band these past few years. Fans see a robust, healthy, physically active and vocally commanding front-man and that's what they take away from the show for the most part.

Date: October 18, 2005 21:40

my girl friend was blown away ( ..first show ) she could not believe the shape he was in and the way he presented the music!!

Posted by: Pecman ()
Date: October 18, 2005 22:04

T&A,

You said it all.

PECMAN

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: October 18, 2005 22:10

Keith will always be my main man, but Mick is beyond description. I have infinite respect for what he does both onstage and off to prepare for live gigs.

Posted by: inopeng ()
Date: October 18, 2005 22:13

Mick might be all business off stage but on this tour he is into it and having a damn good time. The photo of him smiling during the DC sum up his prescence in the four I've been lucky enough too see....

Posted by: short&curlies ()
Date: October 18, 2005 22:22

Mick has been certainly the most consistant the last 15 years. I think his voice is as strong as ever! Granted, he dosn't run 6 miles a show anymore, more like 2, but that's ok too! I sometimes wish he would tone down the aerobics a bit and maybe sing a little more as apposed to shouting in a monotone. Charlie still sound great but Ron and Keith have slipped in their live performances. We must consider however, how more dificult a job those two have during a gig.

Posted by: terry ()
Date: October 18, 2005 22:58

nice to know more amd more people are saying jaggers holding the torch..his been doing it for along time...the man is amazing

Date: October 18, 2005 23:00

he is a freak of nature!!!

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: October 18, 2005 23:04

I wonder if he still has fun. when u see him close up, he's so focused on what he's doing is it fun??

Posted by: Niklas ()
Date: October 19, 2005 01:30

If you have EVER seen the band up close you would not even think about questioning them about the fun they have. They are all smiles and laughter during their shows, and why is that? Because the money is rolling in? No, it's simply because they love what they do!

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: October 19, 2005 01:51

i said mick not the whole band. if YOU ever see them up close, mick is very focused on what he's doing.

Posted by: rainhog ()
Date: October 19, 2005 02:27

thanks Mick....you rock!!!!

Posted by: stickydion ()
Date: October 19, 2005 05:38

"...but Ron and Keith have slipped in their live performances"

short&curlies, i can't agree. After hearing some boots i can say the guitars are OK and sometimes great. Of course, Mick is the biggest miracle of the music action and music history too, but he isn't the only great band's musician.

Posted by: Debra ()
Date: October 19, 2005 14:55

Mick ALWAYS carries the torch, the band and everything else within his reach!

Date: October 19, 2005 16:31

he is the best front man i rock!!! i have seen them up close many times ..i love watching kieth and woody , charlie banging it out
mick really is the conductor......and he is sick shape ...who else can do what he does!!

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: October 19, 2005 17:13

J.J.Flash Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I wonder if he still has fun. when u see him close
> up, he's so focused on what he's doing is it fun??

Good point. He is a master in what he does, a living miracle. But when I see him he is as determinate and focused as some professional athletic. It's like asking Carl Lewis or Michael Johnson, is it fun when you run? That was exactly the impression that I got when I first time wittnessed him performing quite close up. I think he has his mind calculating every little move, every little breath, every little sound he does, and being aware of and in control of all that. That is also a reason he sometimes - despite his unquestionable energy-level and skills - leaves quite cold impression of himself. At the same time he gives everything out of himself, but at the same time does not reveal anything "real" and spontaneous. We wittness a world-class super performance, but still it doesn't really touch. That's the reason I think why people are so much fond of and attracted by person like Keith, no matter how "bad" his performance technically is. (And that's the difference also between a "young" Jagger and the "old" Jagger; he has always been very determinate, but there was more spontaneity involved when he was younger).

But I think he has fun when he runs afterwards to the banksmiling smiley

- Doxa

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1260
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home