Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Early Get Yer Ya-Ya's Out Mix of Jumpin' Jack Flash with different Keith Richards overdubs
Posted by: punkfloyd ()
Date: August 27, 2019 14:04

No doubt about the use of overdubs then, I guess!

video: [www.youtube.com]

Re: Early Get Yer Ya-Ya's Out Mix of Jumpin' Jack Flash with different Keith Richards overdubs
Date: August 27, 2019 14:42

Always a joy to listen to this track.

Re: Early Get Yer Ya-Ya's Out Mix of Jumpin' Jack Flash with different Keith Richards overdubs
Posted by: Ket ()
Date: August 27, 2019 14:46

hmm, never heard this before. Could it be that this overdub was not used and they just used the live recording for guitars? I know there were vocal overdubs done for this track but was not aware of any for guitars.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: August 28, 2019 00:06

Can't remember heard this one before...............

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 28, 2019 01:08

…. mmmmmmmmmmm what a lovely racket ……

ROCKMAN

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: August 28, 2019 02:21

With these things you always have to be aware of fakes. This one sounds really authentic but you never know. Somehow these licks are almost too clichee keith, too simple, kinda the same lick he plays on sympathy these days

Posted by: bigmac7895 ()
Date: August 28, 2019 02:51

If this is the first time this has been discovered then I’m thinking it’s probably a fake. The Stones would not have allowed 3 guitars on a live recording and you can here 3.

Posted by: punkfloyd ()
Date: August 28, 2019 03:51

Posted by: JordyLicks96 ()
Date: August 28, 2019 05:24

THIS IS LEGITIMATE!! I'm the one who uploaded this to my YouTube channel. This comes from an early test pressing for GET YER YA YAS OUT, otherwise known as the "Apple Acetate." Keith's guitar overdub is real and was taken out for the final mix

Date: August 28, 2019 05:34

The official release of GET YER YA YA'S OUT features no new guitar overdubs. New vocals were overdubbed for 7 of the 10 tracks:

Jumpin' Jack Flash
Carol
Stray Cat Blues
Live With Me
Little Queenie
Honky Tonk Women
Street Fighting Man

Posted by: TravelinMan ()
Date: August 28, 2019 05:52

Cue the Taylor Removal Company. No way a fully integrated band member could play rhythm guitar, folks!

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: August 28, 2019 05:56

JordyLicks96
THIS IS LEGITIMATE!! I'm the one who uploaded this to my YouTube channel. This comes from an early test pressing for GET YER YA YAS OUT, otherwise known as the "Apple Acetate." Keith's guitar overdub is real and was taken out for the final mix

Thank you!

Date: August 28, 2019 10:49

<The Stones would not have allowed 3 guitars on a live recording and you can hear 3>

Well, check out Crackin' Up (Love You Live) and LSTNT (Still Life), and you'll find that they do smiling smiley

Date: August 28, 2019 10:52

JordyLicks96
The official release of GET YER YA YA'S OUT features no new guitar overdubs. New vocals were overdubbed for 7 of the 10 tracks:

Jumpin' Jack Flash
Carol
Stray Cat Blues
Live With Me
Little Queenie
Honky Tonk Women
Street Fighting Man

Of course there are guitar overdubs on Ya Yas. Check out the rhythm guitar tracks on Carol and Little Queenie smiling smiley

Keith played new rhythm guitar tracks and wiped Taylor.

Date: August 28, 2019 10:58

TravelinMan
Cue the Taylor Removal Company. No way a fully integrated band member could play rhythm guitar, folks!

Could or would? smiling smiley

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: August 28, 2019 11:05

DandelionPowderman
JordyLicks96

Jumpin' Jack Flash
Carol
Stray Cat Blues
Live With Me
Little Queenie
Honky Tonk Women
Street Fighting Man

Of course there are guitar overdubs on Ya Yas. Check out the rhythm guitar tracks on Carol and Little Queenie smiling smiley

And I still suspect the rythm guitar on the choruses of Stray Cat to be overdubs.

Mathijs

Date: August 28, 2019 11:07

DandelionPowderman

Well, check out Crackin' Up (Love You Live) and LSTNT (Still Life), and you'll find that they do smiling smiley

Concerning Cracking Up: I was listening to the El Mocambo outtakes on headphones, and I never realized these are not the raw live tracks, but already have overdubs on them. Worried About You has like 4 different guitars, so they seemed to have intended it for release.

Mathijs

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: August 28, 2019 11:20

DandelionPowderman
JordyLicks96

Jumpin' Jack Flash
Carol
Stray Cat Blues
Live With Me
Little Queenie
Honky Tonk Women
Street Fighting Man

Unfortunately, MT is a great Rhythm guitarist - too

Date: August 28, 2019 13:43

Mathijs
DandelionPowderman

Concerning Cracking Up: I was listening to the El Mocambo outtakes on headphones, and I never realized these are not the raw live tracks, but already have overdubs on them. Worried About You has like 4 different guitars, so they seemed to have intended it for release.

Mathijs

Aren't there two versions on the El Mocambo-boot (the cd-edition)? One with overdubs and one without. I gave that one away some years ago and only have the LP (vinyl) left.

Date: August 28, 2019 13:45

RobertJohnson
DandelionPowderman
JordyLicks96

Jumpin' Jack Flash
Carol
Stray Cat Blues
Live With Me
Little Queenie
Honky Tonk Women
Street Fighting Man

He might have played more licks than rhythm guitar on these particular tracks, though. Who knows?

You're unhappy with the results on Carol and Little Queenie? smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-08-28 13:46 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: MartinB ()
Date: August 28, 2019 14:05

DandelionPowderman
RobertJohnson
DandelionPowderman
JordyLicks96

Jumpin' Jack Flash
Carol
Stray Cat Blues
Live With Me
Little Queenie
Honky Tonk Women
Street Fighting Man

He might have played more licks than rhythm guitar on these particular tracks, though. Who knows?

Very very happy. Little Queenie is a masterpiece, overdubbs or not.

Date: August 28, 2019 14:59

RobertJohnson
DandelionPowderman
JordyLicks96

Jumpin' Jack Flash
Carol
Stray Cat Blues
Live With Me
Little Queenie
Honky Tonk Women
Street Fighting Man

Actually, not really. He's fairly lacklustre in his rhtyhm playing, and likes to accent the 1 on the beat, which is obstrusive with Keith's sense of timing.

Mathijs

Date: August 28, 2019 19:40

DandelionPowderman
JordyLicks96

Jumpin' Jack Flash
Carol
Stray Cat Blues
Live With Me
Little Queenie
Honky Tonk Women
Street Fighting Man

I'm not too sure about that. You could be right but unfortunately there are no audience recordings from the first show at MSG on November 28th to compare with. I do have original soundboard recordings of Carol, Little Queenie, and Street Fighting Man from Ya Yas with the original vocals. I'll be posting them to my YT channel tomorrow. Listening to those, it doesn't sound like any new guitars were added.

Plus here's some rare footage from the first show on the 28th. Jumpin' Jack Flash and Carol are shown. This is the version of Carol used on Ya Yas and judging by the footage, it sounds EXACTLY the same on Ya Yas. Let me know what you think smiling smiley

[www.youtube.com]

Date: August 28, 2019 19:57

Mathijs
DandelionPowderman
JordyLicks96

Jumpin' Jack Flash
Carol
Stray Cat Blues
Live With Me
Little Queenie
Honky Tonk Women
Street Fighting Man

And I still suspect the rythm guitar on the choruses of Stray Cat to be overdubs.

Mathijs

Either way ; the rhythm on Ya-Yas Stray cat Blues is my favorite electric guitar track ever recorded. (Next to Jimi's Live "Power of Soul")

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: August 28, 2019 20:55

DandelionPowderman
RobertJohnson
DandelionPowderman
JordyLicks96

Jumpin' Jack Flash
Carol
Stray Cat Blues
Live With Me
Little Queenie
Honky Tonk Women
Street Fighting Man

No, not at all. Love and appreciate it. But I think that there were no need of overdubs at all on Ya Ya's, guitarwise and vocalwise. The additional tracks on the deluxe addition show that Mick is sometimes out of tune on UMT and I'm free a little. It is really hard to sing. But it is charming. And the original vocals on Prodigal Son and You gotta Move are under the best vocal performances Mick ever did. Further NY-JJF 69 had a great solo phrasing by MT. Either it is a different take from a different NY show or they wiped it out, a shame.

Date: August 29, 2019 01:24

Mathijs
RobertJohnson

MT is a great Rhythm guitarist - too

Actually, not really. He's fairly lacklustre in his rhtyhm playing, and likes to accent the 1 on the beat, which is obstrusive with Keith's sense of timing.

Mathijs

Taylor likes a bit more of subtle variety when playing rhythm guitar. Often he switches very fast and smart between lead, licks and rhythm. Dance little sister is a great example. Gimme shelter Philly '72 another. Whether it's obstrusive with Keith's sense of timing is completely irrelevant. At the contrary, they complemented each other. Of course playing rhythm guitar is not Taylor's main occupation, unlike Keith, who made it his expertise. However the footage below shows us that Taylor easily produces a great rhythm groove that doesn't make him lesser rhythm player than Keith if he has to. Different? Yes. With Keith as rhythm player aboard Taylor didn't have to give it all. He liked noodling better. The lazy bastard.grinning smiley

Realin' and Rockin' Taylor 1986

Posted by: TravelinMan ()
Date: August 29, 2019 02:16

TheflyingDutchman
Mathijs
RobertJohnson

MT is a great Rhythm guitarist - too

Mathijs

Taylor likes a bit more of subtle variety when playing rhythm guitar. Often he switches very fast and smart between lead, licks and rhythm. Dance little sister is a great example. Gimme shelter Philly '72 another. Whether it's obstrusive with Keith's sense of timing is completely irrelevant. At the contrary, they complemented each other. Of course playing rhythm guitar is not Taylor's main occupation, unlike Keith, who made it his expertise. However the footage below shows us that Taylor easily produces a great rhythm groove that doesn't make him lesser rhythm player than Keith if he has to. Different? Yes. With Keith as rhythm player aboard Taylor didn't have to give it all. He liked noodling better. The lazy bastard.grinning smiley

Realin' and Rockin' Taylor 1986

I tend to agree with you and I like that clip a lot. His parts on "Can't You Hear Me Knocking", "Hip Shake", and "Bitch" are great and perfect grooves for those songs... Keef didn't replace them! I also like some of his rhythm work on his solo albums.

Let's be honest: there's rhythm guitar and there's Keith Richards.

Date: August 29, 2019 02:27

TravelinMan

Let's be honest: there's rhythm guitar and there's Keith Richards.

I agree. And many others. Jeff Beck, John McLaughlin, and all the great flamenco players. What are we talking about.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-08-29 02:30 by TheflyingDutchman.

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: August 29, 2019 02:44

DandelionPowderman

Not sure about the 70s but in 81/82 Mick did play rhythm in concert on a (small) number of songs.

Posted by: iraq0708 ()
Date: August 29, 2019 04:15

Mick played guitar on half a dozen or so songs in Glendale, AZ. the other night. Sounded great.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1568
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home