Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 3 of 11
Re: New solo album Ronnie Wood in October
Posted by: CJFP ()
Date: July 20, 2019 15:47

Anyone else find it weird that there is no news or official announcement about it on his website or Twitter?

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: July 20, 2019 16:14

CJFP
Anyone else find it weird that there is no news or official announcement about it on his website or Twitter?

No.... I don't ?!

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: July 20, 2019 16:34

mpj200
Live album boys. Not a studio release. Organic and spontaneous.

Given that back in May, mpj200 confirmed a Ronnie solo album was coming when Hairball mentioned it as a good idea while we wait, I would take it to heart that it is indeed a live album and not a studio album. One suspects it is Ronnie's blues set rather than an overview of his obscure solo catalog. His own BLUE AND LONESOME.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: July 20, 2019 17:49

The artwork in "I've got my own album to Do " (Album Cover) is incredible. Not sure who is touching the palm plant.

A great album and purchased when first released. Always thought that "I can feel the Fire" would be a great song for Mick to sing mmm maybe a crazy Stones concert setlist entry - Why not?

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: July 20, 2019 18:22

crawdaddy
The documentary may...…………….or may not be, the BBC programme, 'Who do you think you are', which Ronnie mentioned in a radio interview back in January.
Here is my post about the radio interview.

Re: Ronnie Wood Interview BBC Radio
Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: January 14, 2019 18:29

Just heard on the interview, he is doing the TV programme 'Who do you think you are' which is on BBC.
He said they are researching it now.
For anyone who hasn't seen it, it's where a team of researchers trace back his family history and then a one hour program is made with Ronnie in it throughout.
He will probably find out a lot of new things about his long gone relatives.

Should be very interesting to watch for us Stones fans , but still got to be filmed etc. after the research work, so doubt if we will see it for at least 6 months.

Yes, it's a good series. Jerry Hall was a guest a couple of years ago.
This must be in addition to the Documentary though, which has taken 4 years to complete, apparantly.

Posted by: chriseganstar ()
Date: July 20, 2019 20:09

jlowe
crawdaddy
The documentary may...…………….or may not be, the BBC programme, 'Who do you think you are', which Ronnie mentioned in a radio interview back in January.
Here is my post about the radio interview.

Re: Ronnie Wood Interview BBC Radio
Date: January 14, 2019 18:29

Just heard on the interview, he is doing the TV programme 'Who do you think you are' which is on BBC.
He said they are researching it now.
For anyone who hasn't seen it, it's where a team of researchers trace back his family history and then a one hour program is made with Ronnie in it throughout.
He will probably find out a lot of new things about his long gone relatives.

Should be very interesting to watch for us Stones fans , but still got to be filmed etc. after the research work, so doubt if we will see it for at least 6 months.

Yes, it's a good series. Jerry Hall was a guest a couple of years ago.
This must be in addition to the Documentary though, which has taken 4 years to complete, apparantly.
It is in addition to the "who do you think you are" show.

Satisfied since 1976

Posted by: roundnround ()
Date: July 20, 2019 23:31

Ronnie has said he will release a live album called Mad Lad, from the Chuck Berry tribute show

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: July 21, 2019 02:01

Nico had this info back in May. I thought it was a various artists Chuck Berry tribute and Ronnie and Imelda May were doing "Mad Lad" for it. Interesting. Thanks for clarifying, roundnround.

Date: July 21, 2019 02:21

Bleh, I could always do without a live album.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: July 21, 2019 02:26

CJFP

Stevie Van Zandt said in a recent interview that live performances never compare to the studio version. I guess each version has it place in time for personal enjoyment. It is a tough debate.

Posted by: chriseganstar ()
Date: July 21, 2019 03:08

Rocky Dijon
Nico had this info back in May. I thought it was a various artists Chuck Berry tribute and Ronnie and Imelda May were doing "Mad Lad" for it. Interesting. Thanks for clarifying, roundnround.
Not forgetting that the driver behind the whole thing is Ben Waters.

Satisfied since 1976

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: July 21, 2019 03:26

The two posts here about a live release rubbishes The Sun "music insider" talk of a studio album, imo.

Posted by: Testify ()
Date: July 21, 2019 11:37

Chris Fountain
CJFP

Stevie Van Zandt said in a recent interview that live performances never compare to the studio version. I guess each version has it place in time for personal enjoyment. It is a tough debate.

I am always happy to listen to music, whether it is live or recorded in the studio, it does not matter, the important thing is that it is done well, even though they are two very different things.
I happened to attend a Ronnie concert once and I had a great time. Ronnie was the first Stones I saw live, it was 1988 and I thought I was at the Pistoia festival in Italy, he and Bo Diddley were fantastic!

Posted by: bv ()
Date: July 21, 2019 16:36

CJFP

There is a Stones tour in USA now. They do not market two products at the same time. Now the product is "No Filter US Tour 2019". At one point, when the time is right, they will market the new Ronnie Wood solo album.

In general, it is easy to make a solo album. You just need to talk to yourself, regarding decitions on what songs to include or not, may be you also need to talk to some engineer and may be marketing people, but when your name is Ronnie Wood then you record what you like and they release what you tell them to release.

However, if you are two or more in a band, then you have to agree on song writing, song selection, mixes, strategy, and lots more. Just like a marriage. It is easy to live on your own, but living in a marriage is harder. Marriages last an average of seven years in my part of the world, The Roling Stones have outlived most marriages.

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-21 16:41 by bv.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: July 21, 2019 17:49

Ronnie has also the big advantage that nobody expects anything spectacular by him. And he himself doesn't try to achieve a chart topper or anything alike. Thus he can keep a laid back approach (something Jagger will never be able to do). A Stones album not topping the charts, not being played on the radio and/or online for weeks, not charting with two hit singles will be considered as a failure – non of Ronnie's problems

Date: July 21, 2019 20:15

so is this a studio album or a live album from a chick berry tribute show?

Posted by: ExileFromNJ ()
Date: July 22, 2019 02:38

Ron probably has had a lot of good stuff in the can to work with so why not? I always thought they should give him a shot at producing some Stones tracks.

Posted by: Markdog ()
Date: July 22, 2019 15:16

They are all too rich for either album to mean anything.

Posted by: dennycranium ()
Date: July 22, 2019 15:48

guyrachel
Delighted, really look forward to a new Ronnie album. I love I feel like playing think it’s a great album. I think possibly that Ronnies albums are the best, most complete of all the stones, I think his sense of melody and harmony and his playing is truly exciting and emotional. Great sense of melody. Properly underrated.

Agree.It's probably just his singing voice that's prevented him from a big hit.
I personally like it but my friends all groan when a RW song comes through my playlist outside.

Date: July 22, 2019 18:47

I've just seen the lineup of the guys and gals who are on latest series of 'Who do you think you are' and Ronnie is not on it.
Starts tonight on BBC with Daniel Radcliffe from the Harry Potter films.
Next series will be 2020 so hopefully maybe then.
Got the album ………………...and hopefully a couple of Ronnie gigs to publicise it, as well as the documentary to look forward to this year from Ronnie.smileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-22 18:51 by crawdaddy.

Posted by: bjornkasm ()
Date: July 23, 2019 00:04

I think Feel like playing is the best Stones solo album so far and also the best album from 2010 and onwards, alltogether. Have listened to it probably 500 times since the release. I quit my newspaper subscription on 2 Swedish newspapers since they missed to review the album, despite my letters to them.Really good news and hope for some live shows again.I AM A LUCKY MAN...

Date: July 23, 2019 00:17

I'm still uncomfortable with the fact that there hasn't been any official statement from Ronnie or his spokesmen.

Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: July 23, 2019 01:04

Well, it will probably be a decent album. Just as a Stones album would be. It´s not 1981 anymore. They are way past their prime now. Keith´s solo was a pleasant surprise. Mature - is the word.

Date: July 23, 2019 01:19

Bjorn
Well, it will probably be a decent album. Just as a Stones album would be. It´s not 1981 anymore. They are way past their prime now. Keith´s solo was a pleasant surprise. Mature - is the word.

Maybe the guys who attended the gigs may shed some light on how good they were?

I hoped for a studio album myself, but I'll take anything smiling smiley

Date: July 23, 2019 01:49

CJFP
I'm still uncomfortable with the fact that there hasn't been any official statement from Ronnie or his spokesmen.

Might not have been any official statement because The Sun got it wrong, and there is no new Ronnie album.

As a couple of posters have noted, there's a live record from the 2018 Chuck Berry Tribute shows in the works. Those were Ben Waters Band shows, with Ronnie as "special guest".

Posted by: roundnround ()
Date: July 23, 2019 04:39

video: [youtu.be]

the official word from ronnie about the mad lad album... straight from the horse's mouth!

Ronnie and Imelda May doing Wee Wee Hours...

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: July 23, 2019 05:40

mpj200
Live album boys. Not a studio release.

The Sun says it'll be a studio album and the Sun never lies, do they? What does Ronnie know ... spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: July 23, 2019 12:11

bv
CJFP

There is a Stones tour in USA now. They do not market two products at the same time. Now the product is "No Filter US Tour 2019". At one point, when the time is right, they will market the new Ronnie Wood solo album.

In general, it is easy to make a solo album. You just need to talk to yourself, regarding decitions on what songs to include or not, may be you also need to talk to some engineer and may be marketing people, but when your name is Ronnie Wood then you record what you like and they release what you tell them to release.

However, if you are two or more in a band, then you have to agree on song writing, song selection, mixes, strategy, and lots more. Just like a marriage. It is easy to live on your own, but living in a marriage is harder. Marriages last an average of seven years in my part of the world, The Roling Stones have outlived most marriages.

Bv .. what you say about a solo record versus one with a band that must be of the highest standards is true ... however and at the same time let's not make it yet another excuse for them .. Let's face it .. the boys have pretty darn neglectful (and lazy) concerning creating new studio releases (not from being a band with certain projects and touring at all though) from 1997 onward.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-23 12:12 by IanBillen.

Posted by: damnation ()
Date: July 23, 2019 12:29

If it's MAd Lad, it's this one? But soundboard?
[www.hotwacks.com]

New Ronnie Wood album in October
Date: July 24, 2019 23:21

From Theodora Richards:

Musical Medicine @ronniewood oh happy day Look our for Ronnie’s Chuck Berry’s tribute album which is going to be insane!!! Out in October 2019

[www.instagram.com]

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 3 of 11

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1867
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home