Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: No Guests-THANK YOU STONES!
Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: June 30, 2019 08:14

Hairball
JDSAM1994
If you remember the zip code tour, the gimmick was that it was a Sticky Fingers re-release celebration tour. You would think MT the guy who played all the iconic guitars solos would be on the tour. Him not being there didn’t make any sense. When they played MM, CYHMK,& Heartbreaker in Milwaukee they were a little shaky and it was clearly missing MTs Guitar.

Even worse (imo) was the Fonda show at the beginning of Zip Code tour where they played Sticky Fingers in it's entirety sans Mick Taylor, and then had the audacity to officially release it which annoyed a majority of Stones fans in the process. I still protest that decision and will never pay a penny towards that release, nor watch or listen to it in full even for free. Nothing against Ronnie, but the clips I've seen on youtube are average at best and all of it is difficult to watch without thinking of Taylor. The Stones can try and erase Mick Taylor and Bill out of their history (the photoshop incident is unforgivable), but most true fans will never forget either of them.

I agree with you. I also don't understand the "logic" behind their SF 2015 "project". The rerelease of SF was a rip off. Historically SF is more important than Exile, which got a real treat with its rerelease.
By the way, what was that photoshop incident?

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: June 30, 2019 09:35

YESSS!!!

3 shows in a row now the clown car full of country singers, pop stars, blues legend wannabes,ex band members and washed up cult figures has been kept the hell away from the stage.
Another Monster set delivered by the band because they’re focusing on THEIR show and what THEIR fans want.
I say they use what I call The Janis Joplin rule- The Maysles have footage of Janis side stage dancing and enjoying the show on the 69 tour.
Word was she wanted get up and do a song and was told no.so my thought is if Janis wasn’t allowed up should you be?
The answer is of courses NO and this applies to, oh let me think.... FCKNG EVERYBODY!
Good job boys,let’s keep it going for the whole tour.

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: June 30, 2019 10:57

"By the way, what was that photoshop incident?"

About 10 years ago Starbucks released a compilation CD entitled "Rarities" and they photoshoped Bill Wyman out of the group photo on the cover.

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: June 30, 2019 21:41

georgie48
...Exile, which got a real treat with its rerelease.

... mistreat, i´d like to say. The bonus CD is horrible to say the least. Only listened to it once.

SF Deluxe had interesting alt-takes and great live tracks, it´s a wonderful package. I enjoy it very often.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-30 22:11 by HMS.

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: July 1, 2019 10:35

HMS
georgie48
...Exile, which got a real treat with its rerelease.

... mistreat, i´d like to say. The bonus CD is horrible to say the least. Only listened to it once.

SF Deluxe had interesting alt-takes and great live tracks, it´s a wonderful package. I enjoy it very often.

Great you like the SF Deluxe! You obviously are much younger the me. Based on the Exile rerelease (to me the bonus CD was a very nice surprise addition, without trying to say that it's high class) I had high expectations for the rerelease of the historic SF (which I bought in Liverpool (!) as soon as it came out in 1971: great music, great sleeve design and .... the band's own spectacular logo. But well ...

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: July 1, 2019 10:46

I like both of the bonus packages ...the SF being available on vinyl pleased me especially with that one.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2474
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home