Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Obnoxious Stones’ Guests in the Pit
Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: June 4, 2019 12:42

I’ve done the pit twice: Paris 2017 and London 2018. It was a great experience but it was nearly ruined on both occasions by the same obnoxious American family who were decked out in VIP guest lanyards - obviously they were guests of the band.

The “parents” were middle aged (and quite haggard looking) and there were two grown up children ( a man and a a woman). On each occasion they entered the pit late and clearly tanked up on booze. They pushed in on the rail on both occasions and pushed people who had been waiting there patiently out of the way. When their behaviour was challenged the father and the son, who were quite large, became incredibly aggressive. Each time they made the point of saying that they were guests of the band and could go anywhere they liked. I know their behaviour spoilt the pit experience for many in London.

Has anyone come across these people or know who I am talking about?

Re: Obnoxious Stones’ Guests in the Pit
Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: June 4, 2019 13:10

Do you have a photo of them?

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: June 4, 2019 13:20

I like to think karma takes care of these people. After all what can anybody really do, tell on them? I don't like these situations either but some people feel privileged, that's just the way it is.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 4, 2019 13:31

Maybe Mick bought the film
rights to National Lampoon's Vacation ……

ROCKMAN

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: June 4, 2019 13:55

frankotero
I like to think karma takes care of these people. After all what can anybody really do, tell on them? I don't like these situations either but some people feel privileged, that's just the way it is.

It happens in every walk of life, notably the workplace. Some (not all) very privileged people have an obnoxious sense of entitlement and superiority over everyone else and demonstrate arsehole behaviours accordingly. Always have, always will. The human species is a broad spectrum. When said behaviour is not kept in check by authority as it should, it only emboldens them further.

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: June 4, 2019 14:11

I find this a lot in the pit. Certain types can be spotted a mile off. I know which country breeds the most of them, but won't say here. If you've been there you'll know already. It's Only Rock N Roll .

sc uk

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: June 4, 2019 15:22

frankotero

Karma can wait. I've encountered aggressive, pushy drunks at shows and you deal with them by pushing back. Last one at U2 got thrown about 20 feet when he kept trying to knock my wife down. I'd have no problems telling this family to "f*ck off or I'll knock your teeth out".

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: June 4, 2019 15:23

Grzegorz67, perfect analysis. Especially at work. Instead of being corrected they're rewarded. It can be frustrating. But I believe these people pay the piper eventually.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: June 4, 2019 15:33

Take one of these with you [en.wikipedia.org]
and "stab" the guy in the ribs while he's not looking in your direction.

The cap is very pointy. This is not lethal but very painful. It helps obnoxious persons realinzing they're not welcome in a confined environnement like a concert pit winking smiley

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: June 4, 2019 15:37

Those "VIP guest" lanyards were probably just the result of handing somebody a wad of money.

Date: June 4, 2019 15:59

frankotero
Grzegorz67, perfect analysis. Especially at work. Instead of being corrected they're rewarded. It can be frustrating. But I believe these people pay the piper eventually.

Unfortunately few of them do. It's the modern way. Connections & Presentation over substance. Look at the World of Popular Music where connections and good presentation usually count for far more than raw talent. Even if they do end up flat on their faces, they've usually got something to fall back on.

Just take a breath, avoid them if you can and abandon to their fate. My worst experience of arsehole behaviour at a Stones gig was the Hyde Park Shows in 2013. Poor organisation and abysmal security did not help.

Posted by: Roll73 ()
Date: June 4, 2019 16:29

Father Ted

Karma can wait. I've encountered aggressive, pushy drunks at shows and you deal with them by pushing back. Last one at U2 got thrown about 20 feet when he kept trying to knock my wife down. I'd have no problems telling this family to "f*ck off or I'll knock your teeth out".

Yes - agree 100%. Rough Justice!

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: June 4, 2019 16:47

i stood just behind the PIT, Golden circle at Edinburough.
there was a lot of pushing behind me. there were some drunken pople (men and women) trying to get a good spot and shved people around. i am not exactly strong or tall. But i can have an angry look in my eyes. So, i turned around, looked at them and told them to leave the people alone and get The @#$%& Out . They got scared and went away.
Jeroen

Date: June 4, 2019 17:04

runrudolph
there was a lot of pushing behind me. there were some drunken pople (men and women) trying to get a good spot and shved people around. i am not exactly strong or tall. But i can have an angry look in my eyes. So, i turned around, looked at them and told them to leave the people alone and get The @#$%& Out . They got scared and went away.
Jeroen

Welcome to Scotland winking smiley I was there too but in the seats. You should have been at the BtB show in the same stadium in 1999. No Pit and no gold circle. Whole floor GA. Security was very poor and lots of people got in with glass bottles. Once empty they were rolling around on the floor being kicked around as the crowd at the front jumped up and down.

Date: June 4, 2019 17:07

grzegorz67
runrudolph
Jeroen

Welcome to Scotland winking smiley I was there too but in the seats. You should have been at the BtB show in the same stadium in 1999. No Pit and no gold circle. Whole floor GA. Security was very poor and lots of people got in with glass bottles. Once empty they were rolling around on the floor being kicked around as the crowd at the front jumped up and down.

Well , i Love Scotland. The gig was great and Edinburough as beautiful as ever. The Scottish people i met were very nice and great.
Jeroen

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: June 4, 2019 17:27

The Pit fight thread!
For laughs, never been in a fight in my life and weigh about 100 pounds.
Father Ted says ‘put ‘em straight’,
that’s all well and good,
until the drunk looks my H in the eyes and suddenly my H (who CAN fight and lifts) stills and looks back...
suddenly FRICk I think it’s gonna roll in the Paris Pit and 1 more ruined RS show! No! I reel my man back in and let it go (almost)
Twickenham kid you not a female 4’10 mocked me as she shoved past me.
I’m a solo in this Pit, and I can take this chick. I think Keith came on then and I cried instead.
BTW I was sober as a judge.
Careful in the Pits!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-04 17:29 by 35love.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: June 4, 2019 17:29

Alcohol. Things like this wouldn’t happen without booze. When some people go to covert they wish for a certain song. I wish that there won’t be drunks around me

Date: June 4, 2019 17:32

when i have been up all day, standing in line for s Stones gig, and have secured my place...

I tell you, nobody @#$%& with me. No matter How tall n strong n drunk you are.
I will not give away my spot at a Stones gig, never !!!

jeroen

Date: June 4, 2019 17:36

runrudolph
grzegorz67
runrudolph
Jeroen

Well , i Love Scotland. The gig was great and Edinburough as beautiful as ever. The Scottish people i met were very nice and great.
Jeroen

So do I. I'm Scottish and I went to Edinburgh University. I still visit the city regularly and know it very well. I've seen the Stones in Scotland 3 times. But as nation we do have more than our fair share of people with alcohol issues, unfortunately.

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: June 4, 2019 17:41

At Twickenham last year (not in the pit though) there was a fat, bald tosser, drunk and dribbling, who kept coming a couple of rows back, to slobber all over an attractive young lady who was there with her buddy.

I was there with my young children, and really I'm a lover (not a fighter), but I couldn't stand to watch this any longer, and looked him firmly in the bleary eye, and told him clearly the lady wasn't interested and he should feck off.

The lady was grateful and the rest of the show passed in happiness.

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: June 4, 2019 17:59

35love
The Pit fight thread!
until the drunk looks my H in the eyes and suddenly my H (who CAN fight and lifts) stills and looks back...
suddenly FRICk I think it’s gonna roll in the Paris Pit and 1 more ruined RS show! No! I reel my man back in and let it go (almost)
I’m a solo in this Pit, and I can take this chick. I think Keith came on then and I cried instead.
Careful in the Pits!

ummm.....what?

Date: June 4, 2019 18:02

Cooltoplady
35love
The Pit fight thread!
Careful in the Pits!

ummm.....what?

What what. Almost got in fights in the Pits when fans who drink to much or are jerks shove other people out of the way to get in front of you.

I think I’m losing my touch.

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: June 4, 2019 18:10

35love
Cooltoplady
35love
The Pit fight thread!
Careful in the Pits!

ummm.....what?

What what. Almost got in fights in the Pits when fans who drink to much or are jerks shove other people out of the way to get in front of you.

Don't blame you. Me too.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: June 4, 2019 18:15

Alcohol...
Either they need another drink or have to go to the bathroom so it usually sorts itself out naturally.

Try telling the offenders this: "Did you get your free drinks yet? No?! All these expensive PIT tickets come with free drinks...just go to the entrance area and ask for the special drink wristband."

Anyone/Anything that distracts me from the band for more than a moment or two is an unacceptable nuisance. Don't ever spend too much time on these drunkards.

Survival of the Fittest.

Date: June 4, 2019 18:22

Cooltoplady
35love
Cooltoplady
35love
The Pit fight thread!
Careful in the Pits!

ummm.....what?

Don't blame you. Me too.

I’m sorry. I’m having a lousy day or 2 too. Don’t mean to be snappy.

Posted by: erbissell ()
Date: June 4, 2019 18:32

I'd guess they were just guests of the promoter not the actual band. Close friends, family and "entourage" have a spot onstage in a tent opposite the monitor mix tent.

https://www.wicreations.com/en/project/detail/the-rolling-stones---no-filter-tour

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: June 4, 2019 18:55

Probably the same idiots that pay tens of thousands to meet and greet for ninety seconds.

Nate

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: June 4, 2019 19:09

Kurt
Alcohol...
Either they need another drink or have to go to the bathroom so it usually sorts itself out naturally.

Try telling the offenders this: "Did you get your free drinks yet? No?! All these expensive PIT tickets come with free drinks...just go to the entrance area and ask for the special drink wristband."

Anyone/Anything that distracts me from the band for more than a moment or two is an unacceptable nuisance. Don't ever spend too much time on these drunkards.

Survival of the Fittest.

Haha. I like the “free drink wristband” idea. Actually would probably work.

Posted by: Ellipooh ()
Date: June 4, 2019 20:03

swimtothemoon
Kurt
Alcohol...

Survival of the Fittest.

Haha. I like the “free drink wristband” idea. Actually would probably work.
I am totally going to try this.

***Can't you hear me knocking?***

Date: June 4, 2019 20:09

35love
Cooltoplady
35love
Cooltoplady
35love
The Pit fight thread!
Careful in the Pits!

ummm.....what?

Don't blame you. Me too.

I’m sorry. I’m having a lousy day or 2 too. Don’t mean to be snappy.

Have a drink.
jeroen

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2079
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home