Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Obnoxious Stones’ Guests in the Pit
Posted by: Bastion ()
Date: June 5, 2019 00:14

runrudolph
i stood just behind the PIT, Golden circle at Edinburough.
there was a lot of pushing behind me. there were some drunken pople (men and women) trying to get a good spot and shved people around. i am not exactly strong or tall. But i can have an angry look in my eyes. So, i turned around, looked at them and told them to leave the people alone and get The @#$%& Out . They got scared and went away.
Jeroen

runrudolph
when i have been up all day, standing in line for s Stones gig, and have secured my place...

I tell you, nobody @#$%& with me. No matter How tall n strong n drunk you are.
I will not give away my spot at a Stones gig, never !!!

jeroen

I took my father to this gig. He was quite dehydrated during the support slot, so I told him to stay in our spot and I’ll go get some water. Upon returning I was shoved back by many in the crowd and told to @#$%& off and although I could see him a few feet away, the lovely crowd had decided that I wasn’t allowed back.

As someone who averages two gigs a week, I can confirm that an overwhelmingly upper class Stones crowd is easily the worst.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: June 5, 2019 03:52

Bastion
runrudolph
i stood just behind the PIT, Golden circle at Edinburough.
there was a lot of pushing behind me. there were some drunken pople (men and women) trying to get a good spot and shved people around. i am not exactly strong or tall. But i can have an angry look in my eyes. So, i turned around, looked at them and told them to leave the people alone and get The @#$%& Out . They got scared and went away.
Jeroen

runrudolph
when i have been up all day, standing in line for s Stones gig, and have secured my place...

I tell you, nobody @#$%& with me. No matter How tall n strong n drunk you are.
I will not give away my spot at a Stones gig, never !!!

jeroen

I took my father to this gig. He was quite dehydrated during the support slot, so I told him to stay in our spot and I’ll go get some water. Upon returning I was shoved back by many in the crowd and told to @#$%& off and although I could see him a few feet away, the lovely crowd had decided that I wasn’t allowed back.

As someone who averages two gigs a week, I can confirm that an overwhelmingly upper class Stones crowd is easily the worst.

As somebody who has only been in 2 Pits so far as opposed to your 2 a week
which ironically sounds upper class maybe a little snobby ;-)
Any person who said
‘Hey I was here and I am coming back now’
People nod ya/ vouch
And let you go right back to your slot.
That was cool.
It’s the no way Jose have you been up here for 3-4 hours like the rest.
Just my opinion.

Date: June 5, 2019 04:09

And, you really gotta be some kind of jerk to shove and push your way forward over other people who have been standing there for hours.
Right?
Yes.

Posted by: coloradocanyons ()
Date: June 5, 2019 06:28

It's all about how crowded it is...

Posted by: marianna ()
Date: June 5, 2019 07:32

Do people ever faint in the pit? I can understand why someone would shove their way through a crowd to get water to their dehydrated father. Passing out is a risk when people have been standing for hours in a hot, crowded space.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: June 5, 2019 08:03

35love
And, you really gotta be some kind of jerk to shove and push your way forward over other people who have been standing there for hours.
Right?
Yes./quote]

I've had this philosophy since my first concerts. Somehow I guess it's okay in their minds to jump in front. Ever try confronting this kind of person? Usually the outcome is the same. They have no conscience or soul is my conclusion. Any Psychologist here care to chime in?

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: June 5, 2019 08:31

Rolling Stones fans (and concert attendees in general) have become more obnoxious as ticket prices have increased over the years...especially those in the pit and up front. I've never sat in the upper sections so I don't know what it's like up there but I find so many rude and entitled people on the floor. Talking loudly, playing on their phones, holding their arms up to take photos, etc. It's all par for the course at a show these days. Concerts aren't as much fun anymore IMO.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-05 10:33 by TornAndFried.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: June 5, 2019 09:35

I've had the experience of being challenged when trying to make my way back to a spot I'd been holding for hours, and you'd be amazed at the number of people (who had been chatting with me and sharing snacks the entire time) who will turn away if I ask them to vouch for me because they "don't want to get involved." I have yet to have anybody say "yes, she's been here since 10 a.m. [or whatever]". When it comes right down to it, it's every person for themselves--with, as always, a very few exceptions.

Oh, and with regard to the original question--I doubt those people were actually friends of the band, too. I've been at shows where a lot of people in the pit area were invited in by the security staff.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-05 09:37 by Aquamarine.

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: June 6, 2019 00:08

I just bring my own security team. mercenary guys.
money talks. I just have to buy a few extra tickets, no biggie.
ida spent that fifty grand on something stupid anyway....

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: June 6, 2019 00:13

hopkins
I just bring my own security team. mercenary guys.
money talks. I just have to buy a few extra tickets, no biggie.
ida spent that fifty grand on something stupid anyway....

Are they (security) members of the Syndicate?

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 6, 2019 00:29

Naaaaaa still say its Mick filming
a scene for the next Griswold's --- National Lampoon's Stoned Vacation

ROCKMAN

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: June 6, 2019 01:03

Aquamarine
I've had the experience of being challenged when trying to make my way back to a spot I'd been holding for hours, and you'd be amazed at the number of people (who had been chatting with me and sharing snacks the entire time) who will turn away if I ask them to vouch for me because they "don't want to get involved." I have yet to have anybody say "yes, she's been here since 10 a.m. [or whatever]". When it comes right down to it, it's every person for themselves--with, as always, a very few exceptions.

Oh, and with regard to the original question--I doubt those people were actually friends of the band, too. I've been at shows where a lot of people in the pit area were invited in by the security staff.

I heard the Pit was positively a squash in Prague and Warsaw last year. I was at both shows but neither in the pit. Clearly not all had pit tickets!

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: June 6, 2019 01:14

Don’t Get Into A Fight! Security in The States for the last couple of decades are on high alert for trouble at any event that has a large gathering of people and they will remove everyone involved.
These concerts are held in NFL stadiums and they have zero tolerance for drunken idiots beating the shit out of each other and they don’t care even a little bit about who started it.
It’s not worth ruining an epic night over a “spot” just hang back and avoid the clowns.
If you think it’s getting worse you either weren’t around in the 70s or you don’t remember it.
I had M-80s land near me that were thrown from a balcony,drugged out lunatics talking incoherently in my face,I saw a guy punch a 110 pound girl completely unconscious as she was trying to claw his eyes out,I was at a show that had to be stopped because someone threw an explosive onstage and injured Jimmy Page.
I saw someone get a whiskey bottle smashed into their head that was thrown randomly from behind him,the people around the poor guy were helping pick pieces of glass and label from his hair.
And of course the idiots who put their girlfriends on their shoulders for a better view,if you were behind them too bad.until of course someone shoved them over and all hell broke loose.

Like your old buddy Lem who once had a guy intent on discussing the universe with him at a Floyd show in 77,just move away from the crazy.

Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: June 6, 2019 01:16

This behaviour is typical of the ignorance and arrogance of the human species.

some folk believe they are better than others, can be a temp thing or permanent.

often its look at me, im great, but nobody really knows what everybody else has,

often these loudmouths dismiss the quiet ones, but dont know exactly what qualifications or qualities other people have.

for me the most arrogant people on the planet are an english couple who are very well known, and are moat famous for being famous and parade their kids all over youtube for attention, letting the whole world into their house, even kids bedroom, just to make money and they think they are special but actually between them have 3 braincells.

they thrive on attention, from media and public, do little in the way of business deals but take all the credit, they are just frauds and in no way better than the average family in the country, thay give their kids unusual names for attention only, yet they always feel entitled to more and more attention and money despite being talentless. how it must be great to be rich and stupid.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: June 6, 2019 01:24

buttons67

some folk believe they are better than others, can be a temp thing or permanent.

often its look at me, im great, but nobody really knows what everybody else has,

often these loudmouths dismiss the quiet ones, but dont know exactly what qualifications or qualities other people have.

for me the most arrogant people on the planet are an english couple who are very well known, and are moat famous for being famous and parade their kids all over youtube for attention, letting the whole world into their house, even kids bedroom, just to make money and they think they are special but actually between them have 3 braincells.

they thrive on attention, from media and public, do little in the way of business deals but take all the credit, they are just frauds and in no way better than the average family in the country, thay give their kids unusual names for attention only, yet they always feel entitled to more and more attention and money despite being talentless. how it must be great to be rich and stupid.

I think I know who you’re talking about buttons. If I’m right then the US have had a wee dose of this family too.

We all encounter all sorts of entitled self aggrandising tossers in life, very frequently in the workplace. They think they’re superior to everyone else for no good reason. I just take a breath ignore them and walk on. You won’t change them.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: June 6, 2019 01:26

buttons67

That was GREAT!!!!!thumbs upthumbs upsmileys with beer

Date: June 6, 2019 02:02

lem motlow
Don’t Get Into A Fight! Security in The States for the last couple of decades are on high alert for trouble at any event that has a large gathering of people and they will remove everyone involved.
These concerts are held in NFL stadiums and they have zero tolerance for drunken idiots beating the shit out of each other and they don’t care even a little bit about who started it.
It’s not worth ruining an epic night over a “spot” just hang back and avoid the clowns.
If you think it’s getting worse you either weren’t around in the 70s or you don’t remember it.
I had M-80s land near me that were thrown from a balcony,drugged out lunatics talking incoherently in my face,I saw a guy punch a 110 pound girl completely unconscious as she was trying to claw his eyes out,I was at a show that had to be stopped because someone threw an explosive onstage and injured Jimmy Page.
I saw someone get a whiskey bottle smashed into their head that was thrown randomly from behind him,the people around the poor guy were helping pick pieces of glass and label from his hair.
And of course the idiots who put their girlfriends on their shoulders for a better view,if you were behind them too bad.until of course someone shoved them over and all hell broke loose.

Like your old buddy Lem who once had a guy intent on discussing the universe with him at a Floyd show in 77,just move away from the crazy.

>grinning smiley<

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: June 6, 2019 03:07

35love
lem motlow

>grinning smiley<

These are serious stories and you put a smiling emoji in response. geeez

Posted by: Roscoe ()
Date: June 6, 2019 07:46

lem motlow
.......And of course the idiots who put their girlfriends on their shoulders for a better view.....

Hey c'mon; just as often as not those girls were topless. grinning smiley

Date: June 6, 2019 07:50

More Hot Rocks
35love
lem motlow

>grinning smiley<

These are serious stories and you put a smiling emoji in response. geeez

Poor baby, no smiling for you :-(

Posted by: Straycat13 ()
Date: June 6, 2019 08:27

Leave room and show some respect for the dancing grannies in the pit!
[youtu.be]

Posted by: Deathgod ()
Date: June 6, 2019 08:54

In the Melbourne pit I was on rail after lining up all day. During the show had a few guys hustling and trying to push in.
I just turned around eyeballed him and then told the security guy on the rail about the peanut pushing. He yelled at him to quit pushing. All sorted.

After lining up for close on 12 hrs was on rail in the pit for Sydney show. Pit was very pushy and a little aggressive. During second song a lady kept pushing me and she was off her face. I looked at her and said ‘you ok, do you want out’
She looked at me glassy eyed and was talking about.
I then said to her ‘I’m not f@cking around wasting my stones time here, you what out let’s go.
I signalled the security guy on rail and picked her up and passed her over the rail.
That Sydney show last tour was one of the best Stones shows I have ever seen it. Pity she didnt see it

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: June 6, 2019 08:58

Thank god I have no desire to be in the Pit. For what? If you haven't seen them close up by now, forget it, you missed it. I hate big concerts because of the a-holes that think it's their right to get as ripped as they want. I love going to summer concerts at the Hollywood Bowl. Very orderly. You can still drink or get stoned, but within reason. Except Reggae Night. As the entertainment gets less, more and more audience members show up and get drunk and stoned beyond their capacity. Bottles roll down the concrete aisles. If I had to pay over $200 to see the end game Rolling Stones, I sure as hell would want to see them. Even the last time they played the Hollywood Bowl, in 2005, some Drunken b&%$h argued viciously with me that I was in her seat. She finally split. The people around me marveled at my patience. Patience hell. I'm not getting thrown out because of idiots.

Date: June 6, 2019 12:05

35love
The Pit fight thread!
For laughs, never been in a fight in my life and weigh about 100 pounds.
Father Ted says ‘put ‘em straight’,
that’s all well and good,
until the drunk looks my H in the eyes and suddenly my H (who CAN fight and lifts) stills and looks back...
suddenly FRICk I think it’s gonna roll in the Paris Pit and 1 more ruined RS show! No! I reel my man back in and let it go (almost)
Twickenham kid you not a female 4’10 mocked me as she shoved past me.
I’m a solo in this Pit, and I can take this chick. I think Keith came on then and I cried instead.
BTW I was sober as a judge.
Careful in the Pits!

###

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-07 15:39 by Palace Revolution 2000.

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: June 6, 2019 14:58

I would never pay the money for a pit ticket. Being much shorter than most men, I know I would have a hard time being able to see, and would be annoyed that I spent so much money only to be able to have a five inch view between two people's heads.

Plus even if I did get a good spot, I would be preoccupied with knowing that I couldn't go to the ladies room for fear of losing it. That would make me have to pee even more, and then I would be uncomfortable for most of the show.

Wasn't looking too good, but I was feeling real well.

Date: June 6, 2019 17:58

CindyC
I would never pay the money for a pit ticket. Being much shorter than most men, I know I would have a hard time being able to see, and would be annoyed that I spent so much money only to be able to have a five inch view between two people's heads.

Plus even if I did get a good spot, I would be preoccupied with knowing that I couldn't go to the ladies room for fear of losing it. That would make me have to pee even more, and then I would be uncomfortable for most of the show.

Does ‘IT’ come up through the floor if you’re not on the floor?
My feet have been on the ground each of my 3,
and I had a fleeting No Filter flashback
of Charlie’s drums right up thru the floor into my feet.

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: June 6, 2019 18:10

35love
CindyC

Why do you feel the need to argue with everyone on this board Chill out a little bit Every post you write is so argumentative You even called BV a stalker. No wonders he won’t post about the rehearsals

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: June 6, 2019 18:18

35love

In my experience, the ground doesn't conduct the beat the same way a man made floor does. I would be more inclined to do a pit show in a theater, than a stadium.

I've never felt the music more at any concert than I did with the on-stage experience I had at Fenway back in 2006 (or was it 2005?). The drums/guitar, everything was going through my whole body.

It's such an amazing feeling when it happens though, I f*cking love that!

Wasn't looking too good, but I was feeling real well.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: June 6, 2019 18:33

Running to the pit at Desert Trip, after spending several hours in the sun, I paused during the dash, seriously considered the fact that I may keel over, and thought.. there's worse things that could be in my obit than "died while running for the rail to see the Rolling Stones".. and then carried on cool smiley

Was quite the experience at that one.. Got the rail, and literally nothing or no one was going to make me budge an inch.. many tried. People with little kids trying to get them to see, drunks and bullies trying to bulldoze, people feigning heat sickness only to "recover" when they reached the rail etc. Many were removed from the pit there due to heat exhaustion, saw at least a dozen just on Keith's side hit the deck. Well worth it in the end.. but not sure I could do it again.

Posted by: Straycat13 ()
Date: June 7, 2019 04:49

MisterDDDD
Running to the pit at Desert Trip, after spending several hours in the sun, I paused during the dash, seriously considered the fact that I may keel over, and thought.. there's worse things that could be in my obit than "died while running for the rail to see the Rolling Stones".. and then carried on cool smiley

Was quite the experience at that one.. Got the rail, and literally nothing or no one was going to make me budge an inch.. many tried. People with little kids trying to get them to see, drunks and bullies trying to bulldoze, people feigning heat sickness only to "recover" when they reached the rail etc. Many were removed from the pit there due to heat exhaustion, saw at least a dozen just on Keith's side hit the deck. Well worth it in the end.. but not sure I could do it again.
That sounds terrible! Thanks for helping me to decide.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2012
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home