Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Obnoxious Stones’ Guests in the Pit
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 7, 2019 05:00

…. Geeez MisterDDDD …. ya should get yaself a souped up pocket-bike

ROCKMAN

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: June 7, 2019 05:20

Straycat13

That sounds terrible! Thanks for helping me to decide.

Nah.. walked leisurely into the pit on last leg and like most, no issues.
DT was an experience no doubt, would do it all again (except the running part) cool smiley
People hitting the deck were the heavy drinkers, of which I was one only with wastercool smiley

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: June 7, 2019 19:51

MisterDDDD
Running to the pit at Desert Trip, after spending several hours in the sun, I paused during the dash, seriously considered the fact that I may keel over, and thought.. there's worse things that could be in my obit than "died while running for the rail to see the Rolling Stones".. and then carried on cool smiley

Was quite the experience at that one.. Got the rail, and literally nothing or no one was going to make me budge an inch.. many tried. People with little kids trying to get them to see, drunks and bullies trying to bulldoze, people feigning heat sickness only to "recover" when they reached the rail etc. Many were removed from the pit there due to heat exhaustion, saw at least a dozen just on Keith's side hit the deck. Well worth it in the end.. but not sure I could do it again.

That is...something. Yes, let’s push your kids up to the rail yawning smiley. I do not care how tall you are, being short young deaf dumb blind and mute: No Excuse.
Glad you didn’t expire on the field run LOL
xo

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: June 7, 2019 21:05

I'm with CindyC on this: if you're five foot or thereabouts, then the free-for-all scrum in the pit just won't be worth the expense, and nobody is going to take pity on you and give you their spot on the rail. You will be stuck behind Tall Blokes, seeing nothing but the middle of their backs and getting squashed.

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: June 7, 2019 21:09

Green Lady
I'm with CindyC on this: if you're five foot or thereabouts, then the free-for-all scrum in the pit just won't be worth the expense, and nobody is going to take pity on you and give you their spot on the rail. You will be stuck behind Tall Blokes, seeing nothing but the middle of their backs and getting squashed.

I have on occasion let someone shorter than myself stand in front of me on the rail. It doesn't affect my ability to enjoy the show and it's a simple gesture. Having said that I wouldn't pay a lot of money to stand in the pit regardless.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: June 7, 2019 21:13

As you enter the venue, insist on special accommodation for A WHEELED WALKER (like a really old person uses), on account of a disability.

Once in the pit, use it to set up a safe fenced-in perimeter to enjoy the show.

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: June 7, 2019 22:02

schillid
As you enter the venue, insist on special accommodation for A WHEELED WALKER (like a really old person uses), on account of a disability.

No Schillid lol! this is why they don't let people in wheelchairs get special treatment anymore at Disney World!

Wasn't looking too good, but I was feeling real well.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: June 7, 2019 23:03

Ugh, you all are making me seriously reconsider whether I want the pit!

I am a small female who always travels with a water bottle and likes indoor bathroom facilities. Plus it's hot as blazes in July in DC. What to do...what to do...am I overthinking this?

Yes, you always overthink everything. It'll be great, an experience you'll cherish forever!.....No. You'll be miserable in the heat, with a full bladder, looking at the back of heads all night.

Date: June 7, 2019 23:11

latebloomer

I am a small female who always travels with a water bottle and likes indoor bathroom facilities. Plus it's hot as blazes in July in DC. What to do...what to do...am I overthinking this?

Yes, you always overthink everything. It'll be great, an experience you'll cherish forever!.....No. You'll be miserable in the heat, with a full bladder, looking at the back of heads all night.

HAHAHA - i love this post. it's like you're in my head! I'm sure you'll have a great time, i am just more irritable than most.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: June 7, 2019 23:27

CindyC
latebloomer

HAHAHA - i love this post. it's like you're in my head! I'm sure you'll have a great time, i am just more irritable than most.

It's just more money than I should spend right now, but I don't know that I'll have another opportunity. So....round two! grinning smiley

Date: June 8, 2019 01:19

TornAndFried

I have on occasion let someone shorter than myself stand in front of me on the rail. It doesn't affect my ability to enjoy the show and it's a simple gesture. Having said that I wouldn't pay a lot of money to stand in the pit regardless.

on behalf of all shorter people, please accept my thanks!

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: June 8, 2019 04:41

CindyC
TornAndFried

on behalf of all shorter people, please accept my thanks!

You're welcome. I'm not that tall myself so I can sympathize.

Posted by: Straycat13 ()
Date: June 8, 2019 05:16

latebloomer
CindyC
latebloomer

It's just more money than I should spend right now, but I don't know that I'll have another opportunity. So....round two! grinning smiley
There’s a reason royalty sit in the balcony!

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: June 8, 2019 08:10

Can we stop with the pit horror stories already,99% of the time you walk in there and it’s a bunch of people just taking it easy and waiting for the Stones.
In any situation you can find rude people and this is no different,just avoid them.
There’s almost always plenty of room to move about and if you want to spend the money for a once in a lifetime chance to see The Stones up close,this is it.
The way this thread is going it sounds like the mosh pit at a Pantera show and that’s just not the reality of a Stones show.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: June 8, 2019 08:43

For sure the Stones pit is no comparison to a heavy metal band audience. But there are some valid points being made here too. Lucky for myself I'm 6 foot tall, but even then there are many that are taller, so I get it. Unfortunately there's just not a structured way to see a concert. Maybe in the future there will be and they'll look back on us and say how'd they manage.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 8, 2019 09:12

THE AUSTRALIAN -- 8 June 2019

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Whale ()
Date: June 8, 2019 11:10

frankotero
For sure the Stones pit is no comparison to a heavy metal band audience.
Apart from the Stones I mainly visit heavy metal shows. They are the friendliest audiences. I've seen people lose their glasses in the mosh pit and the audience helping that person to find the glasses.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: June 8, 2019 18:32

CindyC
schillid

No Schillid lol! this is why they don't let people in wheelchairs get special treatment anymore at Disney World!

Well sue 'em goddammit!

No... know
your right

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1853
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home