Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 5 of 7
Re: PIT ADVICE
Posted by: bv ()
Date: June 29, 2019 01:42

The pit is easy to live in as long as you live by these very basic rules:

1. Do not drink during the last hour before you enter, be ready
2. Do not enter after 7pm if you really want to choose your spot
3. Do not try to move away others who have been there since 6pm
4. Be prepared to be body to body with others you don't know
5. Smile and be happy, don't be aggressive or territorial

If you can't live by these rules, then get a seat. It is all yours.

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-29 01:43 by bv.

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: June 29, 2019 01:47

Thanks, Bjornulf. Sounds like fun. Thanks for all you do for us fans.

Posted by: JN99 ()
Date: June 29, 2019 01:59

bv
The pit is easy to live in as long as you live by these very basic rules:

1. Do not drink during the last hour before you enter, be ready
2. Do not enter after 7pm if you really want to choose your spot
3. Do not try to move away others who have been there since 6pm
4. Be prepared to be body to body with others you don't know
5. Smile and be happy, don't be aggressive or territorial

If you can't live by these rules, then get a seat. It is all yours.

Excellent advice!

We were Pit 1 night one, Pit 2 night two. Definitely had a better spot night two, which was slightly farther back and right near the rail to the catwalk. My wife is about 5'3 and said it was one of the best concerts ever for her with great sight lines, which is probably more good luck than anything to do with that spot in general. Still I'd recommend slightly farther back and closer to the middle based on our experience.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: June 29, 2019 02:19

Can you enter a water bottle or fruits and chocolate into the stadium or do you have to buy that inside? Are backpacks allowed?

Posted by: Xam ()
Date: June 29, 2019 06:07

snoopy2
"but I wont do it again, it was not $500 worth of fun."

Seems I'm reading more and more of these reports.. Enough that I'm considering trading my New Orleans Pits for floor seats. I'm no longer one to get there hours early and fight/hold my small piece of real estate only to lose it as the show starts.. There is one slice of hope for this show though, the New Orleans pit seems much smaller than the other stadium layouts, at least on paper

Might as well give the Pit a try if you already have the ticket... see what happens. Properly prep, grab the rail and hold on. And maybe by that point in the tour security will have figured out how to not let the rest of the stadium in to the Pit.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 29, 2019 09:38

and full service

A grand for a grease and oil change …. !!!!!!!!!!

ROCKMAN

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: June 29, 2019 10:28

Stoneage
Can you enter a water bottle or fruits and chocolate into the stadium or do you have to buy that inside? Are backpacks allowed?

No, No, Yes and No

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: June 29, 2019 19:47

Stoneage

We brought chocolate and power bars into both Chicago shows no problem.. Guess bring the cheap stuff in case they make you toss em

Posted by: cyclist ()
Date: June 29, 2019 20:13

Where are bad spots to be in Pit 1 regarding the camera crane?

Date: June 30, 2019 01:06

Rockman
and full service

A grand for a grease and oil change …. !!!!!!!!!!

Don't forget there is a pair of windscreen wipers included. And a cup of instant coffee plus two complimentary sugar lumps in the waiting room...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-30 01:09 by Stoneage.

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: June 30, 2019 23:36

Xam
snoopy2

Seems I'm reading more and more of these reports.. Enough that I'm considering trading my New Orleans Pits for floor seats. I'm no longer one to get there hours early and fight/hold my small piece of real estate only to lose it as the show starts.. There is one slice of hope for this show though, the New Orleans pit seems much smaller than the other stadium layouts, at least on paper

Might as well give the Pit a try if you already have the ticket... see what happens. Properly prep, grab the rail and hold on. And maybe by that point in the tour security will have figured out how to not let the rest of the stadium in to the Pit.

thumbs up. ya, I'm all in for NOLA, but won't get there til shortly before they go on and take what I can get smiling smiley thx!

Date: July 1, 2019 00:44

snoopy2
Xam
snoopy2

thumbs up. ya, I'm all in for NOLA, but won't get there til shortly before they go on and take what I can get smiling smiley thx!
Right on!

I wont pay that much again unless I hear/see that the Pit less packed,
but I do not regret paying $500.00 for opening night Pit. I needed to see
and be in one of these infamous pits for myself to see how it went... and I did. smoking smiley

It is true that usually the only regrets I have are the chances I have not taken.

Of course if I can lucky dip (30-40bucks) my way into the Pit I will happily do it again,
and never whine one word... and if/when it gets over packed I can always scoot to a less crowded area.

Posted by: rlstone ()
Date: July 1, 2019 05:16

Pit 2 at burls creek was a good experience. Lots of room to move around. Didnt get really crowded until just before show start. Lots of really drunk people moved to the front though.

Posted by: GAFF ()
Date: July 2, 2019 23:37

cyclist
Where are bad spots to be in Pit 1 regarding the camera crane?

If you're in Pit 2 (Keith's side), avoid the front rail as you will have a cameraman and teleprompter in your line of sight all night. The cameraman doesn't just sit and film, he stands up for much of the show.

Posted by: Milan ()
Date: July 3, 2019 00:22

Show up late. Be flambouyant and pushy. Wear lottsa mismatched makeup and a feather boa. Look important and ignore "those in charge". Talk loudly about your explosive diarrhea and how this BULLSHIT didn't happen on David BOWIES Ziggy Stardust tour. Bitch about the lack of local Thai Restaurants. Keep scratching yourself like you're coming off a heroin problem, Or have a bad case of SCABIES. GLARE at people who challenge you. Talk about how you hope it's going to be an active mosh pit. Break out your Rosary beads and finger them nervously. Speak in a strange foreign tongue. Quote Oscar Wilde and Jack Kerouac. Swig beer out of a tide detergent bottle. Mumble more. Dropping the words THIS IS BULLSHIT LOUDLY. Over and over. Floss your teeth loudly and often. You will end up front center.

Date: July 3, 2019 00:32

wouldn't it be quicker ta just
say that you're a very good friend of Sonny Barger ………

ROCKMAN

Date: July 3, 2019 01:31

What about snakes? Are there snakes in the pit?

Date: July 3, 2019 04:34

…. yeah there's a high percentage of trouser snakes ….. hhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: July 3, 2019 04:44

Rockman
…. yeah there's a high percentage of trouser snakes ….. hhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

This why if I my lucky dip is a pit tix my wife will have to wear a Pit Stop.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-03 04:46 by Chris Fountain.

Date: July 3, 2019 06:12

Hey Chris .…
Play it safe and buy your wife a pair of ladies fishing waders....
Ya can get them some pretty classy colors now days …… hhhhheeeeeehhhaaa

ROCKMAN

Date: July 3, 2019 23:04

I guess I should have properly posted this here... fwiw

In Chicago1 there were 3 check points.
1) Once inside, close to the entrance you had to check in and get a floor wrist band.
2) Then there was a check point to get on the floor showing that wrist band.
3) Show wrist band several times as you move up the floor.
4) Entrance to Pit show ticket and they removed the previous wrist (dropped it on the ground (where it and many other can be easily retrieved) and they put on the PIT wrist band.

If you are in the PIT try to get there by 6:00, dont drink anything an hour before (advice from the man himself), head in to the pit, wrap you arms around the barricade and stay there for 5 hours. If you do that you will may not have to deal with the shenanigans behind you. Dont look back, or you may turn into a pillar of salt.

As you pick your barricade spot be mindful of the camera crane and where the video man stands blocking your view... so try to pick as good spot.

If you dont get there early... smile and be prepped to deal with the usual suspects in a GA crowd.

If worse comes to worse one can retreat further back on the floor, maybe at the same time the band walks back, to get a good view of them... maybe find an empty chair closer up... or if worse comes to worse... the back of the floor is all GA with a lot or room, no body against body packed SweatyTeddy action required.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-04 00:39 by Xam.

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: July 4, 2019 00:20

Thanks, Xam. That's what I call a "VIP Package"! Do Ronnie and Keith still toss picks?

Date: July 4, 2019 00:37

bleedingman
Thanks, Xam. That's what I call a "VIP Package"! Do Ronnie and Keith still toss picks?
It is my pleasure to pay back the help I get...
And I was not close enough to see/grab a pick, but I am sure they do.

Date: July 4, 2019 04:43

Landover July 3rd- Both Pits are packed to the gills, packed solid front to back.

Date: July 4, 2019 16:33

What if I'm at the counter and tell the cashier that I want to upgrade - Is that possible?

Date: July 4, 2019 16:53

Rockman
Hey Chris .…
Play it safe and buy your wife a pair of ladies fishing waders....
Ya can get them some pretty classy colors now days …… hhhhheeeeeehhhaaa

There may be venom spewing everywhere -may need an umbrella -

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-04 17:12 by Chris Fountain.

Date: July 8, 2019 05:40

Foxboro- Man, those pits are filled to the gills again. If it was equally full as the area/seats behind them it would be OK, but it looks double as full.

Posted by: chevysales ()
Date: July 8, 2019 18:55

Pit is large.And they sure are packing them in too.
The space between rail and walkway, etc is much wider than I've ever seen it before.No way they slap you 5 as years gone by winking smiley

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: July 8, 2019 19:32

chevysales
The space between rail and walkway, etc is much wider than I've ever seen it before.No way they slap you 5 as years gone by winking smiley

Yep. DC Pit was a steaming, sweaty mass of humanity. Brings out the worst in some - one lady barreled through the crowd at the start of Brown Sugar like a bowling ball. Slammed into the woman next to me who fell into me and we both almost toppled over. Guy on my right was a drunken mess, kept trying to talk to me till I inched away. Saw a few kids who should not have been there. One lady was holding a sleeping baby (I kid you not). At least she made sure the kid had earphones on. Be prepared for a few crazies and make sure you wear deodorant. cool smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-08 21:36 by latebloomer.

Posted by: Straycat13 ()
Date: July 9, 2019 06:36

latebloomer
chevysales

Yep. DC Pit was a steaming, sweaty mass of humanity. Brings out the worst in some - one lady barreled through the crowd at the start of Brown Sugar like a bowling ball. Slammed into the woman next to me who fell into me and we both almost toppled over. Guy on my right was a drunken mess, kept trying to talk to me till I inched away. Saw a few kids who should not have been there. One lady was holding a sleeping baby (I kid you not). At least she made sure the kid had earphones on. Be prepared for a few crazies and make sure you wear deodorant. cool smiley
I’m gonna pass. I don’t have any deodorant. smoking smiley

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 5 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2418
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home