Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Keith's solo albums - forgotten masterpieces
Posted by: OpenG ()
Date: October 11, 2005 13:06

Hate It When You leave the boston show from 1993 - may be the best jam keith has
done since you know that golden era.Also Will But You Won,t from boston is
a great performance.

Posted by: Niklas ()
Date: October 11, 2005 13:23

Take it so hard, what a rocker!

Posted by: filstan ()
Date: October 11, 2005 14:30

"Take it so Hard" is one hell of an album opener. Would be cool to hear the Stones do a take on that one.

Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: October 11, 2005 14:36

Mani Offender is a great album.

Posted by: tat2you ()
Date: October 11, 2005 16:15

"how i wish!!!! love that song.....also "Eilleen"........."you can lean on me"..............."take it so hard" ..........

Posted by: filstan ()
Date: October 11, 2005 18:52

For those that don't have it Keith Richards and the Expensive Winos Live at the Palladium is a must have for Stones fans. Gives a great impression of what that first Wino's tour was all about. Excellent sound and it is always a treat to watch. They got it out now on dvd in 5.1 surround on Ebay and probably on Amazon.com.

Date: October 12, 2005 16:25

<Hate It When You Leave is the best song Keith has written in the last two decades>

That would also be my opinion if he hadn't written Make No Mistake first. They are in many ways similar, but he manage to make distance in the atmosphere within the songs (louder drums, use of horns etc.). For me, Make No Mistake is one of the greater songs any stone has made ever.

Also, You Don't Move Me is a true masterpiece - so naked and full of emotions, and still hard rocking!

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: October 12, 2005 16:49

>> Also, You Don't Move Me is a true masterpiece - so naked and full of emotions, and still hard rocking! <<

the sound of that amazes me every time - hear how fine those guitars are talkin!
i haven't added anything to this thread only because
(a) i can't conceive of Keith's work with the Winos as "forgotten", and
(b) you all already know it grooves me major.
but here's a very fine '89 Keith interview from Guitar Player, largely about Talk Is Cheap:
[web.vip.hr]

"What do you want - what?!"
- Keith

Posted by: Lil' Brian ()
Date: October 12, 2005 16:56

The "Eileen" single included a few extra tracks as I recall. It'd be worth picking up if you come across one.

We saw both Wino tours and enjoyed them both very much. Loose as already described and I particularly liked Neville as a keyboardist. We met him at The Aragon in '88 and later got together when he was touring solo, out with Little Feat. After the show, I got him a "date" (not that kind) and we went out for beers, ending up later at a sports bar shooting baskets. I found him quite friendly and very respectful to the music. I happened to have the two SNL songs on a tape and we cranked it as we sped around town. I'm not sure if he'd heard it. I don't think so.

Posted by: tat2you ()
Date: October 12, 2005 18:33

Lil' Brian Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The "Eileen" single included a few extra tracks as
> I recall. It'd be worth picking up if you come
> across one.
>
> We saw both Wino tours and enjoyed them both very
> much. Loose as already described and I
> particularly liked Neville as a keyboardist. We
> met him at The Aragon in '88 and later got
> together when he was touring solo, out with Little
> Feat. After the show, I got him a "date" (not
> that kind) and we went out for beers, ending up
> later at a sports bar shooting baskets. I found
> him quite friendly and very respectful to the
> music. I happened to have the two SNL songs on a
> tape and we cranked it as we sped around town.
> I'm not sure if he'd heard it. I don't think so.

YES the ellieen cd has how i wish and a great live gimme shelter plus wicked as it seems...ivan neville was a great pick up for the winos!!

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 13, 2005 00:37

A couple of interesting Main Offender facts from a 1992 Keith interview.

The rattlesnake credit on Wicked As It Seems is for real?

KR: "We tried all kinds of shakers and rattles, We spent a day trying rattling all kinds of different things that didn't work. I happened to have a walking stick from New Mexico which is a whole rattlesnake. The handle is it's head; the tip of the stick is the rattle. And that was the thing that worked."

That's Babi Floyd making the horn noises with his mouth on Words Of Wonder.

KR: Jamaican horn players don't play that stuff anymore: now they play in tune. That beautiful loose African dissonance...just slightly off...is gone. Babi laid down one line, and then went out and doubled it exactly. He knocked us out."

ROCKMAN

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: October 13, 2005 00:41

and who could forget the amazing ripping version of I Wanna Be Your Man done on the '88 tour? Can't believe they left that off the Palladium live CD - there's a 2cd boot (same sound quality) that has IWBYM but doesn't have Connection for some reason.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2039
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home