Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Have You Ever Been So Blitzed at a Stones Show That You Can't Remember It?
Posted by: drewmaster ()
Date: April 20, 2019 23:25

I'm sorry, but it's not clear to me. On IORR, are we allowed to talk about using drugs, or not? BV, can you clarify please?

Drew

Posted by: flairville ()
Date: April 20, 2019 23:32

The IORR police!

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 20, 2019 23:36

drewmaster
I'm sorry, but it's not clear to me. On IORR, are we allowed to talk about using drugs, or not? BV, can you clarify please?

Drew

Don't be sorry, drewmaster/hallmonitor.
Most posts are pertaining to the legal drug alcohol, which is not only allowed but often encouraged here cool smiley

Date: April 20, 2019 23:40

flairville
The IORR police!

I ain't the police. I shared some positive thoughts about cannabis a while back and there was a subsequent announcement that it is a verboten topic. Just trying to understand the rules here.

Drew

Date: April 20, 2019 23:49

MisterDDDD
drewmaster

Drew

Most posts are pertaining to the legal drug alcohol, which is not only allowed but often encouraged here cool smiley

???

Alcohol may be legal where you are, but in many parts of the world it is not. Same is true, but perhaps in reverse, for cannabis.

Drew

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 20, 2019 23:55

drewmaster

???

Alcohol may be legal where you are, but in many parts of the world it is not. Same is true, but perhaps in reverse, for cannabis.

Drew
Lots legal where I'm at, son.
Apologies, I thought you were being serious..

Date: April 21, 2019 00:07

MisterDDDD
drewmaster

???

Drew

I'm being totally serious. I would like to know whether discussion of alcohol, cannabis, and other drugs is permitted here or not. That's all.

Drew

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: April 21, 2019 01:03

drewmaster
MisterDDDD
drewmaster

Drew

???

Drew

Genuine question--other than the UAE and places like Iraq, where isn't alcohol legal (with age restrictions)? Surely it's legal in nearly all countries represented by IORRians.

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: April 21, 2019 02:28

I usually have a couple bottles of wine before a show and a couple of drinks during the show and i always remember them.

Gets me in the mood, not that I need drink thou.

Never done drugs and never will.

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: April 21, 2019 12:50

No, I've never taken drugs or booze at a gig, be it the Stones or otherwise.

I had a bizarre experience in being offered poppers at Reading Rock, pre Neil Young & Pearl Jam from 1995. Why anyone would want to take poppers, pre Neil Young is beyond me, but I was offered them.

I also stepped over a guy at Hammersmith Apollo, formerly Hammersmith Odeon, as he was so passed out / blitzed at a Bob Dylan gig in 1990. A combination of spliff and alcohol left him wrecked, but I made full sure I didn't walk on him, but walked around him. At the time, Dylan was brilliant with the GE Smith band, and was really stripped down, and on fire.

I also sat next to a guy with horrendous BO, who also passed out, at a Jethro Tull gig. Martin Barre had just started the riff to Aqualung, of all tunes, and the guy yelled "Oh, Aqualuuuuuuug !", and then slid from his seat, down for the count.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: April 21, 2019 12:59

I'm a Caffeine Addict But I will not drink coffee after 9:0 a.m. Then I switch to Diet Dr. Pepper or Diet Pepsi even Diet Mountain Dew.

But I have to admit - I have drank Diet Pepsi at various concerts. Never coffee at concert.

My addiction started when I drank TAB as a kid and could not resist the smell of freshly perculated coffee made from coffee grounds bought from the A & P grocery store.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-21 13:14 by Chris Fountain.

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: April 21, 2019 13:14

Always sober at Stones shows. ....I must just have a bad memory!

Sc uk

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 21, 2019 15:32

drewmaster
MisterDDDD
drewmaster

???

Drew

I'm being totally serious. I would like to know whether discussion of alcohol, cannabis, and other drugs is permitted here or not. That's all.

Drew

Then why not send BV a message directly if that's all that is of concern.

On topic, I haven't...never wanted to miss the show.

Posted by: rebelhipi ()
Date: April 21, 2019 16:04

kovach

Me and a buddy did go to Santana once and wondered why he was playing bass and about halfway through the show figured out that wasn't Carlos Santana. smoking smiley

I laughed at that one smiling smiley

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: April 21, 2019 19:41

How sad if you got so bombed out of your brain that you don't remember a STONES concert! In 1972 at Boston Garden I had a seat right over the stage left, and as I waited for our Boys to come on I started chatting with 2 guys seated next to me...they were drinking Jack Daniels from nips they'd smuggled in and were very glassy eyed...they had the BEST binoculars I'd ever seen....they let me check out the stage with these binoculars...by the time the Stones came on they were BOTH totally passed out, slumped over so I got to use these amazing binoculars for the entire show....I saw the glitter on Mick's chest mix with his sweat and trickle down his golden jumpsuit, I saw every note Mick Taylor played, and even the name on the guitar picks.. so that was one time when I was very happy to be next to heavy drinkers!smileys with beer

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: April 21, 2019 19:46

I like to remember the stand-out moments at gigs I've been to, e.g the following:

1) Mr Tambourine Man - Bob Dylan, Brixton Academy, 1995
2) Pretty Peggy Oh - Bob Dylan, Hammersmith 1990
3) The Rolling Stones - 2,000 Light Years / Sympathy for the Devil, Wembley Stadium 1990

4) The Rolling Stones - Not fade Away, Wembley Stadium, 1995

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2289
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home