Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

ABBang Outtakes
Posted by: Riffbuk ()
Date: October 6, 2005 13:11

Anybody heard anything yet??
Lets hope that Ronnie´s son will have acess to them and sell them
We are all gratefull for the Voodoo outtakes.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2005-10-06 13:15 by Riffbuk.

Re: ABBang Outtakes
Posted by: Nikolai ()
Date: October 6, 2005 14:32

ABB is such a pile of shit I dread to think what the afterbirth sounds like.

Posted by: Reptile ()
Date: October 6, 2005 14:33

There's only two other songs recorded.

Date: October 6, 2005 14:43

The outtakes are on the album, didn't you notice?

Posted by: sf37 ()
Date: October 6, 2005 15:56

Well, there's that Child-Of-The-Moon-type track "Under The Radar", and one other untitled tune, apparently. That seems to be all we know insofar as ABB outtakes are concerned.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: October 6, 2005 15:59

Nikolai Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Such a pile of shit

Are you talking about the new CD or are you looking in the mirror??? grinning smiley

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: October 6, 2005 16:03

Well said kent! The complainers are either mutton, aving a laugh or in dire need of prozac/good shag!

Posted by: marquess ()
Date: October 6, 2005 16:42

Is this a Fans Site or what?????

Posted by: Riffbuk ()
Date: October 6, 2005 16:50

Nikolai !!
That sort of comment is ridiculous!!You dont have to be a Yes Man, to accept everything from the Stones, but This CD is the Best Cd of the Year and one of the best Stones ever, so Please some taste is required once God bless you by being an Rolling Stones hardcore Fan (Is not everybody that can be that, we are an elite).If aren´t then stop wasting your time by being here
Reptile!!
What are the other songs missing!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-10-06 16:55 by Riffbuk.

Posted by: J-J-Flash ()
Date: October 6, 2005 16:52

Its amazing, if I was into a band and I thought the stuff they were putting out was complete crap, I surely wouldn't be wasting my time on a Stones message board. There seem to be many of those kind of people here.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 6, 2005 19:50

Well Nicolai..u are an afterbirth hence you must know what its like.

Nikolaim Shame on You
Posted by: jeroen starink ()
Date: October 6, 2005 20:08

I agree with the other fans!! Nikolai, what are u doing here!! You are entitled to your opinion, but treat the Stones with some repsect! Its a very very good album, although not all the songs. If you dont like the album then get the f... out of here bye jeroen

Posted by: Reptile ()
Date: October 6, 2005 20:12

I don't know what the other songs were, Riffbuck. There was a rumour they were going to release them on a single but that rumour seems to have faded away...

Posted by: Leonard Keringer ()
Date: October 6, 2005 20:14

Nikolai Wrote:
> ABB is such a pile of shit I dread to think what
> the afterbirth sounds like.

Nikolai, you done opened up a super-sized can o' worms

Posted by: JamesBurton ()
Date: October 6, 2005 21:03

<<The outtakes are on the album, didn't you notice?>>

Well, I'm not sure I would go that far, but the more I listen to ABB, it makes we wonder how much of the material was in fact written over the last year and how much was pulled from other writing sessions. The Glimmer Twins say otherwise, but I tend to believe Mick came to the table with at least one track written during the Primitive Cool period and there are at least two tracks that sound as though they were conceived during the Goddess/Alfie period.

Nothing wrong with that, mind you, but makes me wonder if the real product of the Licks/ABB writing sessions aren't being held for the next album under another label.

There is no real evidence, of course, other than the fact the Stones' relationship with Virgin has grown distant, if not soured, as there was virtually no marketing for this album (not even a sticker on the cover saying "First studio album in 8 years!"). Likewise, the tour is more often than not referred to in print as "The Rolling Stones On Stage" than the "BB Tour" and the NFL, etc tie-ins don't in actuality push the album hard other than playing the occasional song in the background. Even the band themselves don't appear to be doing the hard sell. All conjecture to be sure, but who knows...

"You look like a leper dressed as Sergeant Pepper"

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 6, 2005 21:37

JamesBurton I think you are right...well most of the good stuff on 'Tattoo you" had been outakes, taken from other recording session. In fact it was the first "best of outtakes". Anyway ABB has something good for shure it has a certain atmo and its good in his entirety. From the posts I've found on this fansite it is the first time I get the feeling as well that it is much more important for Jagger/Richard to tour and keep the guiness record rather than to have a successful album. The marketing is awful..the cover is unbelievably bad (The stones were always known for a perfect package in design and music) no video with the single, no marketing, no band beside the Glimmer Twins.
On the other hand the have never sold big numbers and if they would please do every year an album with outtakes it just would make me so happy.

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: October 6, 2005 21:54

JamesBurton Wrote:
> <<The outtakes are on the album, didn't you
> notice?>>
>
> Well, I'm not sure I would go that far, but the
> more I listen to ABB, it makes we wonder how much
> of the material was in fact written over the last
> year and how much was pulled from other writing
> sessions. The Glimmer Twins say otherwise, but I
> tend to believe Mick came to the table with at
> least one track written during the Primitive Cool
> period and there are at least two tracks that
> sound as though they were conceived during the
> Goddess/Alfie period.
>
> Nothing wrong with that, mind you, but makes me
> wonder if the real product of the Licks/ABB
> writing sessions aren't being held for the next
> album under another label.
>
> There is no real evidence, of course, other than
> the fact the Stones' relationship with Virgin has
> grown distant, if not soured, as there was
> virtually no marketing for this album (not even a
> sticker on the cover saying "First studio album in
> 8 years!"). Likewise, the tour is more often than
> not referred to in print as "The Rolling Stones On
> Stage" than the "BB Tour" and the NFL, etc tie-ins
> don't in actuality push the album hard other than
> playing the occasional song in the background.
> Even the band themselves don't appear to be doing
> the hard sell. All conjecture to be sure, but who
> knows...
>

Very interesting thoughts, JamesBurton. It's obvious that something is wrong. At least something smells wrong. Virgin is not pushing the album, and the Stones are not pushing it either. Just three new songs in the regular set, Back Of My Hand thrown in the setlist just occasionally. No new songs from ABB added since the album's release. Strange, very strange. Is it all done intentionally?

On the other hand, bad sales and a lack of interest from the band to push the new album will undoubtedly affect negotiations with a new record company. A new company will say: Why pay top dollars for a Stones deal when the Stones themselves are not interested to make a new album really "big" saleswise...

I could understand their initial decision to add just a few new ones to the setlist as long as the album was not released. But it's out now since a couple of weeks, and the more shows are played without any additions from ABB, it becomes apparent that the Stones are really not behind this album - despite the fact that a lot of songs cry for a live treatment... STRANGE !!!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2005-10-06 21:57 by retired_dog.

Date: October 6, 2005 22:15

@#$%& blues Wrote:
> (The stones were always known for a perfect
> package in design and music)

Always? The last decent cover was the one on DIRTY WORK (1986), even if it was very 80s with all it's colored dresses (photographed by Annie Leibovitz), the famous Olga comic and even a little sticker on the red foil...

Since then they haven't done any cover art that is worth mentioning. All of them PURE CRAP. They even had a male lion without a penis on one of their covers! Only thing they did was coloring their once red tongue logo. But "perfect package in design and music"?

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: October 7, 2005 03:08

Riffbuk Wrote:
> Anybody heard anything yet??
>

you dont think youre being a bit premature?? This isnt like live recordings..they dont tend to circulate soon after the event...often its several years, if at all

the way this album was recorded (ie for the most part NOT in a conventional studio) , plus the fact that most of the sessions since 1989 havent been bootlegged (with one exception) would leave me somewhat less than optimistic that anything from these sessions will see the light of day

Posted by: drake ()
Date: October 8, 2005 08:22

I love how the worst thing anyone can say about ABB is "its not as good as (insert your favorite Stones disc)." They better start coming up with new ways to critique Stones albums. The Exile comparisons are getting very old. As are the old jokes.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1730
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home