Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Keith Richards Reveals Studio Plans and Why They Still Tour
Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: January 28, 2019 22:13

“How can you stop?” Richards says of touring with the Stones. “I think it has to be written in a different way, whatever the ending is.”

[www.rollingstone.com]

Re: Keith Richards Reveals Studio Plans and Why They Still Tour
Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: January 28, 2019 22:19

We count on Keith... smileys with beer

See him in NO

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 28, 2019 22:22

Thanks spikeeeee

Nice ta read but Keith still keeps us in the dark ….

ROCKMAN

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: January 28, 2019 23:08

Rockman
Thanks spikeeeee

And thats one of the many reasons why we love him!
thumbs upwinking smiley

Posted by: floodonthepage ()
Date: January 28, 2019 23:35

It's their first U.S. Stadium tour in FOUR years, not 5. Maybe it seems like small potatoes, but these things should matter. "Rolling Stone" has really fallen off in recent years. I had been a subscriber for decades and cancelled it a few years ago.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-01-28 23:45 by floodonthepage.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: January 28, 2019 23:36

I could have told Rolling Stone magazine more or less the same…

Posted by: vertigojoe ()
Date: January 29, 2019 00:23

I knew I'd regret clicking on that link

Posted by: vertigojoe ()
Date: January 29, 2019 00:53

But how could I stop?

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: January 29, 2019 00:55

Rockman
Thanks spikeeeee

Perhaps because Keith is kept in the dark?

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: January 29, 2019 06:48

And, so, the p-r machine starts to crank up. To paraphrase, slightly change, a line from an old Stones song:

"The same old phrases and the same old song, We been hearing this stuff for much too long...."

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: January 29, 2019 07:35

Nothing new really.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: January 29, 2019 08:28

spikenyc
“How can you stop?” Richards says of touring with the Stones. “I think it has to be written in a different way, whatever the ending is.”

[www.rollingstone.com]

He sounds dissatisfied about something. Like he didn't imagine they'd just sort of peter out. I think they're nervous about the album. They've been coasting so long, and depending on their live act, that an actual studio album might fall far below Stones level.

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: January 29, 2019 08:49

24FPS
I think they're nervous about the album. They've been coasting so long, and depending on their live act, that an actual studio album might fall far below Stones level.

If they had released an album every three or four years after ABB there would be no possibly-too-big-expectations problem now.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: January 29, 2019 09:53

doitywoik
24FPS
I think they're nervous about the album. They've been coasting so long, and depending on their live act, that an actual studio album might fall far below Stones level.

If they had released an album every three or four years after ABB there would be no possibly-too-big-expectations problem now.

This and This are so true!

Rod

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: January 29, 2019 10:16

By now it's hard to imagine that this album won't perhaps be their last major Studio effort ...and this will have dawned on them some time ago .

On a positive note. I like the fact that they're not too arrogant to feel the pressure.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: January 29, 2019 10:57

Great!!! It was everything we wanted to hear!

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: January 29, 2019 13:21

I'm glad to hear the Stones are headed back to the studio. Thanks

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: January 29, 2019 13:25

floodonthepage
It's their first U.S. Stadium tour in FOUR years, not 5. Maybe it seems like small potatoes, but these things should matter. "Rolling Stone" has really fallen off in recent years. I had been a subscriber for decades and cancelled it a few years ago.

metoo. except it was decades, not 'years.'

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: January 29, 2019 13:37

All I have to say is I Love Keith !!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: blivet ()
Date: January 29, 2019 22:20

doitywoik
24FPS

Well, that and the fact that Blue and Lonesome was actually quite good. People are going to expect them to deliver something at that level.

Honestly, I'd be fine with three of four new numbers and a couple or three polished up old tracks (Living in the Heart of Love, Travelin' Man, that kind of thing, and Get Yourself Together from Brian's era would be appropriate for their last LP).

Throw in a couple of Chuck Berry covers, get Taylor and Wyman in for at least a track or two for posterity's sake, get somebody with a little imagination to do the cover art instead of yet another variation on the tongue logo, and call it a day.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: January 29, 2019 22:28

blivet
doitywoik
24FPS

Well, that and the fact that Blue and Lonesome was actually quite good. People are going to expect them to deliver something at that level.

Honestly, I'd be fine with three of four new numbers and a couple or three polished up old tracks (Living in the Heart of Love, Travelin' Man, that kind of thing, and Get Yourself Together from Brian's era would be appropriate for their last LP).

Throw in a couple of Chuck Berry covers, get Taylor and Wyman in for at least a track or two for posterity's sake, get somebody with a little imagination to do the cover art instead of yet another variation on the tongue logo, and call it a day.

Sounds like a plan - where can I pre-order? smiling smiley

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: January 29, 2019 23:22

i bet Keith will enjoy the hell out of playing JazzFest cool smiley

gonna be an interesting, early for them show. I hope a good HD film will come from that.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: January 30, 2019 00:35

duke richardson
i bet Keith will enjoy the hell out of playing JazzFest cool smiley

gonna be an interesting, early for them show. I hope a good HD film will come from that.

That would only be good with a really daring set list. Havana, and the other one released recently have totally burned out the current demand for a new live DVD.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: January 30, 2019 00:54

The usual PR baloney. These interviews yields so little so in most cases the poor journalist has to fabricate the content.
The Tour? Most probably just a continuation of the UK/Europe tour. One or two odd numbers perhaps. If we're lucky. The album? Who knows?

Posted by: diverseharmonics ()
Date: January 30, 2019 03:16

smoking smiley
blivet
doitywoik
24FPS

Pass the pipe smoking smiley

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 30, 2019 03:26

get somebody with a little imagination to do the cover art instead of yet another variation on the tongue logo, and call it a day.

A Day …..nah nah that's a crap name for a Stones album ….

ROCKMAN

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: January 30, 2019 07:55

They’ve realized something that many of us have years ago,they can’t make a Stones album anymore.
They can make a half-baked meandering bunch of Mick and Keith solo tunes that have each other playing on them and alot of people will believe it’s the real deal because it says “The Rolling Stones” on the cover.
In the end the excitement of a new product will wear off and they’ll have just weakened the catalog even more.
If it’s gonna be their last record why not use the different eras of the band I’m sure Taylor and Wyman would be interested in a last go round.
You could have Jagger,Richards,Taylor,Wyman,Watts., you could Have songs with the Some Girls era, you could have Keith,Taylor and Wood on guitar.

Of course they won’t because it would require effort and it’s easier to have Chuck Leavell keeping everything going while Don Was stands there and says”really good guys,that’s great” as they hurry through a Mick song he wrote with Matt Clifford and then a Keith and Steve Jordan one next,before heading for the door and onto something they’d really rather be doing,sad but the recording part of the bands career is over.

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: January 30, 2019 10:53

"You can only do this if everybody is absolutely on".

Well...

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: January 30, 2019 13:34

Happy news by Keith - loved the last albums (even!), looking forward very much to the new one!

German Rolling Stone has the better Keith pic, IMHO! :-)

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: January 30, 2019 14:32

Guess we have to wait on Ronnie, for some more info.
Jeroen

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1867
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home