Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415
Current Page: 15 of 15
Re: EXILE On 42nd STREET
Posted by: schillid ()
Date: May 15, 2019 07:08

Leona Young

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-05-15 18:12 by schillid.

Date: May 15, 2019 18:10

Same picture after retouching, watermark removal ...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-16 22:00 by schillid.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: May 15, 2019 18:27

Absolutely astounding labour of love Schillid. Well done.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: May 15, 2019 18:39

Pictures of Leona made my life so wonderful
Pictures of Leona helped me sleep at night
Pictures of Leona solved my childhood problems
Pictures of Leona helped me feel alright

And then one day things weren't quite so fine
I fell in love with Leona
I asked my dad where Leona I could find
He said, son, now don't be silly
She's been…

???

Date: May 15, 2019 18:59

Date: May 15, 2019 20:20

I've seen Kate the Chemist spit fire in person...

HOT! hot smiley

[www.youtube.com]

Date: May 15, 2019 20:28

Cool, Kurt... Kate the Chemist

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: May 15, 2019 20:33

Silver Dagger
Absolutely astounding labour of love Schillid. Well done.

Yes! To me is one of the best threads - if not THE best - of the recent times. smileys with beer

Date: May 16, 2019 21:55

Silver Dagger
Schillid... well done.

Thanks, Silver Dagger.

Date: May 26, 2019 21:27

CHARLIE may have looked something like this ...
... without balls in his mouth

new info ... new composite:

Photoshop by schillid

big lips

Edited 7 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-07 21:36 by schillid.

Re: Exiles On Main Street : SIDESHOW SLIDESHOW
Date: June 19, 2019 18:06

BIG LIPS

Edited 8 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-30 22:46 by schillid.

Date: June 19, 2019 21:05

Kurt

WILKES-BARRE RECORD
THURSDAY,' MARCH- 3; 1933 
Page 20 article text (OCR)

Ripley's
BELIEVE IT OR NOT 
LEONA YOUNG, USES A REGULATION BLOWORCH ON HER TONGUE …. does the various fire acts eating 
DEVIL'S DAUGHTER … on her flesh, arms, neck and fire, the hot lead abdomen, finishing' by holding the flame directly act, volcano, etc. but she does them the same … any male performer. Besides these stunts, she per… 
Neither her speech nor sense of taste have been ...

Hide Page 20 article text (OCR)
' WILKES-BARRE, RECORD, THURSDAY,' MARCH- 3; 1933

Twenty (Rs s. a. rat, oit) BELIEVE IT OR NOT Tv RTPI VV BRIEF MENTION Bancroft Heads East VY J'S:, Smart Arch Preservers At WALTER'S 7 . . -.: ; . - F- 1 : - iClt2 WTI.KES-BARRE " Itzt dvcrp end KINGSTON' CORNERS . i Can ou remove 4 LETTERS FROM A 5-LETTER y0R0 VllHOUTCHANGlkG PRONUNCIATION ? Answer Tomorrow 1 4 1 4 fc Dm I J. '. U i Sjh mm ' IN .' a ' Chromium Plated SOLID GC7?L-n In their enthusiasm ever the attractive chromium finish ' many people overtook the real value of tne metal of the ages SOLID COPPER. Permanent, rust-free, quick-heating, light-weight all these plus modern beauty for the modem ' housewife in REVERE SOLID COPPER ! aughter7 LEONA YOUNG,Norwich,N.V.. mMm lit' USES A REGULATION mmsBLOWORCH ra 7Q LIX?JI I A 171 . : I I 1 Canaoa Z7.YEAR' 5 v . r ' PP Charles ONHERTOMGUE - WITHOUT AFFECTIHG HER SPEECH Cm Itli (a tuttm Intel, he Wu m nnt .jiiona xoung ciaims to do xne does the various fire acts eating i Winnipeg. HAD IHE5AME MUTO LICENSE 1 NUMBER FOg DEVIL'S DAUGHTER . . oniy woman wno . ing tne wue name on her flesh, arms, neck and fire, the hot lead abdomen, finishing' by holding the flame directly act, volcano, etc. but she does them the same as . on her tonsrue any male performer. Besides these stunts, she per- - Neither her speech nor sense of taste have- been 1 iorms wun a regulation plumpers dow torcn, turn- aiiectea in tne Tomorrow: Nine Birds With One Directors Meet Today Directors of Home for Homeless Women will meet this morning at 10. ' Today's Horoscope Extreme caution is possessed by many persons whose birthday occurs today. They have strong clear minds. . Rev. R. J. May To Teach Rev. Russell J. May, pastor of Courtdale M. E. Church, will teach the lesson at the Friday Noon Bible Class session in Central Y. M. C. A. Speaks In Brooklyn Dr. Louis M. Levitsky of Temple Israel, spoke on "Adult Education" at the annual conference of the Brooklyn Federation of the United Synagog on Monday. ,. Plains Miner Jailed Andrew Oley, a mine worker of Plains, was sentenced to two months in Lackawanna County Prison yesterday by Judge' W.-R. Lewis on a charge of aggravated assault" and battery with an automobile on February 8. ' Alarm System Out Of Order Scranton's fire alarm system, which has been out of service for several days, is to be repaired by W. R. Proctor of Boston, an expert of Gamewell Fire Alarm Company. Special telephone service is in use to report fires. Mercury Reaches 62 Weather in Wilkes-Barre was mild yesterday with -temperature rising to 52 degrees by 3 p. m. Skies were clouded and broke into light : rain for short periods last night. At midnight the temperature had dropped to 40 degrees. . Ladder Truck Ready Fire Chief Ambrose Saricks has been notified that the .. city's . new 85-foot Peter Pirsch ladder truck will arrive next week. This piece of apparatus will be placed in service at headquarters as Truck 6 and the present Truck 6 will be shifted to another house. , Today's Almanac Thursday, March 3, the' Mohammedan New Year Muharram 1,. 1357; Rosh Ho-desh Adar Shenee in Jewish calendar. Florida Day 93rd anniversary of its admission- to the Union as the 27th state. Bulgarian Independence Day. Sunrise, 5:41 a. m.; sunset, 6:29 p. m. George Luti Freed George Lutz, 55, of 52 O'Neill Avenue, who was arrested after Injuring his son in an argument over the change from a WPA check, was released yester- Wolfe; Jr., , when he promised to behave and the family agreed to patch up -its differences. . .. . . River Street Blocked Dike con struction has forced the tearing up of a section of North River Street, between Union and Market Street, and the routing of all southbound traffic on North River Street over Union Street and down Franklin or Main Street. Policemen are 'on duty, during busy times of the day. Fellowship Trip ' Arranged A good will and good fellowship trip to Atlantic City is being planned by Public Relations and membership committee of Wyoming Valley Chamber or Commerce. Eugene Lazarus, committee chairman, will take reservations for the trip to be made about middle of April. Pool. .To Be Discussed Details of Miner Park swimming pool plan will be discussed this afternoon by City Council in conference with Thomas H. Atherton, architect. The meeting has been called as a prelude to later conferences with a representative of the Pittsburgh architectural and engineering company also engaged to plan the pool. Rubensteln To Talk East End Division of Pennsylvania Security League will meet tonight at 7:30 in Pine Street School to hear a talk by John Rubensteln, organizer of TWOC, on the unemployed and WPA workers and jhe league. Pat Shovlin, county chairman, will discuss recent reports connecting the league and the Workers Alliance, James Earley will preside. Club Elects Officers These of ficers were elected at meeting of Democratic Social Club of 16th Ward, 1st District at home of Joseph Swank, 284 North Washington Street, recently: President. Mrs., Edward Hambieth; vice president, Mrs. John Daley: treasurers, Mrs. Joseph Swank. Mrs. Joseph Mc Afee: secretary, Mrs. Cyrl Gaffney; publicity agent, "Joseph McAfee; , Heights Bakery Moves Into" New Plant Today Due-to business expansion, the Heights Bakery which has been located on the Heights for the last 10 years,, moves into its new quarters today at 272 Bowman Street The new plant reflects the trend of the times with its modern equipment and will operate under latest methods known to modern baking. The bakery is owned by Fi'ank Butcofski and managed . by John Zarembo, who has been associated with Mr. Butcofski for many years. The management invites the public to inspect the new plant today. Post 4 Meets Tonight Society , of the 28th Division, A. E. F.. of the World War, Post No. 4, will meet tonignt at 8 in Post headquarters, 24 Hazle street. MARRIAGE LICENSE APPLICATIONS Alexander Marclnkus Anna Havely Inkerman Wilkes-Barre Plymouth Plymouth White Haven White Haven White Haven William R. Davis Edna M. Sprgke Frank H. Becker Vera M. Anthony Joseph F. TImko Elsie S. Keiper East White Haven ""Willie" Willis By ROBERT QU1LLEN End Republican Group Harold Bancroft was elected presi dent of the Second Ward. Third District Republican group Tuesday night at a meeting at the home of George Stephens, 214 Kidder Street. Other officers: Vice-President, James Washburn: secretary. Ray mond Blerbach; treasurer, Raymond Russell. , Thomas T. Simons, ' president . of Second Ward Republican's parent body, spoke on need for a new school in East End to take care of children whom must walk to Guthrie School. , ., Gilbert Jones was named chair man of the; following:, membership committee: 'William Stephens, Theodore . Rush, Harrison Cann, Jacob Stephen s , Ernest Vivian, Harry Wolfe, Charles Vivian, Raymond Russell, Robert Hart hey, George Stephens, Charles Nagle, Norman Stephens, James Washburn, Otto Gla we, Herman Glawe, Robert Washburn,. Adam Lowery. Nelson Husband, R. F. Stephens and uiarenca uusoana- The group will meet at the same address Monday night at 8. Councilman William B. Houser will speak.. - 2 Mine Workers of Pittston Area Hurt Two mine workers were inlured at operations in the Pittston area yesterday and were taken to Pittston Hospital where their conditions were "fair" last night When he -fell while wedelne a timber at No. 14 Colliery, Jermyn-Green Coal Company, last night at 6:30, Gustantl, Scriptkunas, 22. of 310 Wilson Street, West Exeter, a laborer, suffered a left foot Injury. Joseph Golden. 27, of 87 'Cleveland Street. Pittston, a brakeman at ttwen Colliery. Was tossed from a motor and against a rail yesterday afternoon at 4:30 and suffered chest injuries. , Further Improvement Is Shown by Langan Although still reported In serious condition, former Mayor Ambrose Langan, Curtis Street, Pittston, was said oy fittston Hospital attendants to have shown slight improvement yesterday and last night. They re ported tormor Mayor Langan resting more quietly. His temperature is lower and attending physicians expressed more hope. Miss Esther Tinsley, hospital superintendent, reported hospital operators have been deluged with Inquiries regarding, former Mayor Langan's condition since Sunday. L G. O. P. Men to Meet ) Independent RepubllctnY Men's Club of 2nd Ward, 1st District will meet tonight at home of Paul Stelper, 424 Scott Street. Howard Kennedy will speak. , Mundy Oub to Meet Mundy Democratio Club of East End will meet tonight ' at 8 at Sportsmen's Club Rroom, Scott Street. Mrs.' Anna Hoffman will preside. Daughter to Gartleys ' Mr. and Mrs, James T. Gartley of 7 East Charles Street, Plains, announce the birth of a daughter on March 3. . . . Whatever your needs in V-BELTS let us take care of them Our stock of Gilmer V-belts represents well assorted . sixes. Ob non-stocked belts prompt delivery can be secured . from the factory. Let us take care of your V-beit requirements. We carry Gilmer belts. Gil- . mer specializes In power transmission belts you can count on. them for Ions; wear and cool, silent, eco-' nomlcal operation. Figuring on a new V-drlvef Let our engineering service help you, .Oil ha7rds can be over-. come by the GILMER OIL RESISTANT CONSTRUC- TIOX. Gilmer V-belt catalog gladly sent on request. EASTERN PENnSYLVANIA SUPPLY CO. . 58-62 South. ' Pennsylvania Avenue Phone 3-1181 Dutributors of CEL-O-GLASS A flexible Wire glass also used for hot houses, sun rooms, windows,, etc Lets in

Leona Young
Fire Eater
1918 - 2014

[www.cremationsocietyofpa.com]

Obituary From
- Appropriately -

CREMATION SOCIETY
of PENNSYLVANIA

or... [www.legacy.com] ?

Edited 8 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-29 19:39 by schillid.

Date: June 19, 2019 22:25

I'm in love with the Devil's Daughter.

Believe it...
Or not.

Re: Exile On 42nd Street
Date: June 23, 2019 18:06

IDENTIFIED
GRAY TYPE = CROPPED FROM EDGE OF ALBUM COVER
Joe Allen
Ruth Berry
Lucrecia Bethencourt
John Dillinger
Johnny Eck
Alzoria Green
Ward Hall
Roy Heckler
Clarence C. Howerton
Robert Huddleston
Eddie Kissel
Frank Lentini
Harry Leonard
Russ Lewis
Yvette McCarther
Yvonne McCarther
Hazel Morris
Jackie Morris
Frances O'Connor
Percy Pape
Andy Ratoucheff

Margaret Ann Robinson
Angelo Rossito
Lloyd Clifford Skelton
Hezekiah Trambles
Charlotte Linda Vogel
Joan Whisnant
Thelma Williams
Chuck Windley
Leona Young
Charles Zibelman

IDENTIFIED, Last name unknown
GRAY TYPE = CROPPED FROM EDGE OF ALBUM COVER
Three Ball Charlie
Arrita and Marita, Conjoined twins

NOT IDENTIFIED

Aerial Escape Artist
I used to think it was Harry Houdini. It isn't, according to John Cox.

Dancer (silhouette, bottom row)

Electric Chair Lady / Headless Woman
Probably same person, according to Bob Langmuir. The shapely legs do look similar.

Fortune Teller

Girl on Sword Ladder #1
Previously thought to be Estelline Ball Pike. Her son Jim Ball confirmed that it is not Estelline.

Girl on Sword Ladder #2

Magician With Playing Card
Previously believed it was Chuck Windley. It isn't, according to Robert Baxt.

Mentalist

Photography, Design, Concept, Lettering
Robert Frank Photography
John Van Hamersveld Graphic Design
Mick Jagger Hand lettering, uncredited
Diane Arbus Photography, uncredited
Charlie Lucas Graphic design, unconfirmed
Roy Heckler Graphic design, unconfirmed

Special Thanks
June Leaf
Louis Russo
Lucrecia Sarita Russo
Ward Hall
Greg Gibson
Bob Langmuir
Robert Baxt
John Cox
Jim Ball

Last but not least
Various posters on iorr.org

Edited 19 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-16 21:31 by schillid.

Date: June 24, 2019 02:09

See: Original ESTELLINE post

THIS IN ...
Estelline Ball Pike
#26 is not Estelline.
I asked her son, Jim "Lucky" Ball (who happens to be the oldest living sword swallower, btw).

Mr. Ball replied, "That is not Estelline--glad I could help."
Hmpf...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-29 18:33 by schillid.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: June 24, 2019 12:20

Hmpf indeed

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: June 24, 2019 15:49

I had a feeling that it wasn't Estelline...

Back to square 26

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-24 20:44 by schillid.

Date: June 29, 2019 19:24

HUBERT'S Box Office ...

There was another lady on the sword ladder. It looks to me like she performed at Hubert's around the same time as Russ...
I wonder if he knows who she is...

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-01 19:08 by schillid.

Re: SIDESHOW SLIDESHOW ... Exiles On Main Street, Photo ID.
Date: July 3, 2019 15:25

Robert Frank at a protest march against the Vietnam War
circa 1969

photograph ©schillid
Robert Frank in his apartment.
NYC, March 14, 2019

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-11 18:42 by schillid.

EXILE On 42nd STREET
Date: July 7, 2019 22:06

Her days off ...
Sunning In The Backyard

At The Beach

Date: July 8, 2019 19:34

Previosly
MISIDENTIFIED

Estelline Ball Pike
and
Thelma Williams

Both are incorrect

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-15 16:55 by schillid.

Date: July 10, 2019 22:32

Headless Woman Illusion noisullI namoW sseldaeH Headless Woman Illusion noisullI namoW sseldaeH Headless Woman Illusion noisullI namoW sseldaeH Headless Woman Illusion noisullI namoW sseldaeH

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-15 16:41 by schillid.

Re: SIDESHOW SLIDESHOW ... Exiles On Main Street, Photo ID.
Date: July 14, 2019 19:42

Clarence C. Howerton         <Unknown>         Ward Hall & Harry Leonard        Hezekiah Trambles
         Major Mite          Three Ball Charlie           Circus Performers       Congo The Jungle Creep

Major Mite

Clarence Chesterfield Howerton
( 1913 – 1975 )

Major Mite at the White House 

[www.youtube.com]

Major Mite

Edited 8 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-16 21:23 by schillid.

Date: July 15, 2019 16:48

Photograph and billboard design by John Van Hamersveld

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-16 21:59 by schillid.

Date: July 15, 2019 18:29

Thread just getting crazier and crazier

Date: July 15, 2019 20:47

Ward Hall
&
Harry Leonard

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2019-08-10 17:38 by schillid.

Date: July 16, 2019 04:09

Hezekiah Trambles

Esquire magazine. July, 1960

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415
Current Page: 15 of 15

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 416
Record Number of Users: 184 on May 17, 2018 22:46
Record Number of Guests: 3948 on December 7, 2015 15:07

Previous page Next page First page IORR home