Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 5 of 7
Re: Mick at Super Bowl?
Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: February 1, 2019 18:48

No micks on instagram
Jeroen

Posted by: angee ()
Date: February 1, 2019 19:10

I think it would be rather amusing if Mick jumped into the middle of "Moves Like Jagger" and did a few moves, and then hopped back out. cool smiley

I don't think it'll happen. It's not like Mick lives in the area, even if he wanted to do a two-minute gig.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: February 1, 2019 19:20

angee
I think it would be rather amusing if Mick jumped into the middle of "Moves Like Jagger" and did a few moves, and then hopped back out. cool smiley

I don't think it'll happen. It's not like Mick lives in the area, even if he wanted to do a two-minute gig.

I think the odds are against it as well.
But if it does happen, I think it will be an appearance very close to this.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: February 1, 2019 19:41

DiegoGlimmerStones
rollmops
I believe it; if that happens, Mick should negotiate for a mention of the Stones upcoming US tour during the event.

Rockandroll,
Mops
I agree! An amazing surprise for the SuperBowl!!! That would be amazing!

Amazing? To see the great mick jagger (no sarcasm) acting as support for a pop group? Thank god mick has more taste than the internet idiots making mindless predictions. That anyone actually thinks he would do this astounds me

Re: Stones at Super Bowl 53?
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: February 1, 2019 20:02

Christina Aguilera took the fifth when asked about guesting on "Moves Like Jagger".

[sports.yahoo.com]

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: February 1, 2019 20:03

Rokyfan
DiegoGlimmerStones
rollmops
I believe it; if that happens, Mick should negotiate for a mention of the Stones upcoming US tour during the event.

Rockandroll,
Mops
I agree! An amazing surprise for the SuperBowl!!! That would be amazing!

Amazing? To see the great mick jagger (no sarcasm) acting as support for a pop group? Thank god mick has more taste than the internet idiots making mindless predictions. That anyone actually thinks he would do this astounds me

Entitled to your opinion Rokyfan.. but it's wrong cool smiley

Under no ones definition would a cameo or an appearance like this be considered "support". It would be considered exactly what it would be, a great guest appearance at a performance. Not sure where that notion would even come from, frankly. He wouldn't be opening.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 2, 2019 01:46

Not sure how great of a guest appearance it could ever be considering Maroon 5 is one of the lamest bands on the planet.
Maybe if you're a teeny bopper it would be something to talk about and consider "great", but this would be similar to when he joined Taylor Swift on stage -
a totally forgettable guest appearance by most Stones fans standards, though I'm sure there were a few teen boppers who were there that still talk about it.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: February 2, 2019 01:51

Can't stand Maroon 5, but if Mick did guest, he could give a great performance. I'm not a Katy Perry or Taylor Swift fan, but I thought both of them did a great job with the Stones in 2013 and thought Mick joining Taylor Swift for "Satisfaction" was a solid performance. Her band played the song well enough. What's the value? Mick likes reaching outside the Stones' market. The same with SuperHeavy or the will i. am collaboration. Honestly, I think that's what GODDESS IN THE DOORWAY largely turned into for him, an opportunity to expand.

Date: February 2, 2019 04:48

I'd rather see the Shaggs.

Charles Baudelaire
1821-1869

Posted by: Straycat13 ()
Date: February 2, 2019 04:51

That would be cool if he was in Moves Like Jagger. Christina will be there—she gave it away. If M’s not there in person, he should be in video.I expect to see Jlo. It could really turn into a cool show.

Date: February 2, 2019 05:13

Straycat13
That would be cool if he was in Moves Like Jagger. Christina will be there—she gave it away. If M’s not there in person, he should be in video.I expect to see Jlo. It could really turn into a cool show.
Like the Beacon Theatre show in New York during the A Bigger Bang Tour

Date: February 2, 2019 06:54

The ever outspoken Roger Waters is adding his two cents to the Maroon 5 controversy:

"Roger Waters Urges Maroon 5 to Take a Knee at Super Bowl Performance in Solidarity with Colin Kaepernick"

Roger

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: February 2, 2019 13:01

Hairball
The ever outspoken Roger Waters is adding his two cents to the Maroon 5 controversy:

"Roger Waters Urges Maroon 5 to Take a Knee at Super Bowl Performance in Solidarity with Colin Kaepernick"

Roger

Roger "you kids, get off my lawn" Waters. I kid, I kid. Personally, I like Roger's activism. It's from the heart & he's mostly right.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: February 2, 2019 15:02

Hairball
Not sure how great of a guest appearance it could ever be considering Maroon 5 is one of the lamest bands on the planet.
Maybe if you're a teeny bopper it would be something to talk about and consider "great", but this would be similar to when he joined Taylor Swift on stage -
a totally forgettable guest appearance by most Stones fans standards, though I'm sure there were a few teen boppers who were there that still talk about it.
Exactly.

Posted by: diverseharmonics ()
Date: February 3, 2019 03:04

eye popping smiley
Hairball
yea I'm pretty sure those teenyboppers thought Jagger was her grandfather or something like that, I mean how many 13 year olds know or care who Mick Jagger is?...even if the kids' 33 year parents were there they might not even know who he was....scary....eye popping smiley

Date: February 3, 2019 03:13

charlesbaudelaire
I'd rather see the Shaggs.

Charles Baudelaire
1821-1869

a rousing "my pal foot foot"?

Date: February 3, 2019 03:16

diverseharmonics
eye popping smiley
Hairball
yea I'm pretty sure those teenyboppers thought Jagger was her grandfather or something like that, I mean how many 13 year olds know or care who Mick Jagger is?...even if the kids' 33 year parents were there they might not even know who he was....scary....eye popping smiley

good story: britney spears covered satisfaction. she got into an elevator with mick & didn't know who he was. someone had to explain that he sang satisfaction originally.

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: February 3, 2019 03:17

taking a halftime dump will be more exciting than this train wreck.

Date: February 3, 2019 04:56

crholmstrom
Hairball

Roger

Roger "you kids, get off my lawn" Waters. I kid, I kid. Personally, I like Roger's activism. It's from the heart & he's mostly right.

He's getting grumpier by the day!

J.J.Flash
taking a halftime dump will be more exciting than this train wreck.

Yeah, and I don't think an appearance by Mick could possibly change that.
The lines to the toilets at the stadium will be 'out of control'!

Date: February 3, 2019 21:43

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: February 3, 2019 21:53

When does the game begin? CET, preferably. I wouldn't mind Jagger performing on "Moves Like Jagger". It would be fun.
After all, Moves Like Jagger is the biggest Stones (-connected) hit since 1981. But I don't think it will happen...

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: February 3, 2019 22:07

I'll answer myself then: 00.30 CET.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: February 3, 2019 22:16

One of the prop bets:

Will Mick Jagger make an appearance during the halftime show?

Yes= +300
No= -400

[nypost.com]

Date: February 3, 2019 22:16

Stoneage
I'll answer myself then: 00.30 CET.
Thank you for the Info ;-)

Date: February 3, 2019 22:18

bye bye johnny
One of the prop bets:

Will Mick Jagger make an appearance during the halftime show?

Yes= +300
No= -400

[nypost.com]
I'm 50/50

Date: February 3, 2019 22:33

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: February 3, 2019 22:51

DiegoGlimmerStones

NICE.
Nothing can top that.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: February 3, 2019 22:52

And I say Mick only jumps in today if he gets a huge, fat paycheck.
Otherwise,
No.

Date: February 3, 2019 22:57

Mick Is so cool with the fans, funny video [youtu.be]

Posted by: TeddyB1018 ()
Date: February 3, 2019 22:59

In this case, I actually think it’s beneath him. Someone writes a big hit honoring you, I think you are too big a deal to guest on it. But it’s not up to me.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 5 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1919
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home