Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 4 of 7
Re: Stones at Super Bowl 53?
Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: January 13, 2019 22:42

Rokyfan
Picture the rolling stones next to big boi. I mean why would anyone have a problem with that?

It's the Maroon 5 thing that is the issue. I'm not a huge hip hop fan but I do like the Outkast. They had some interesting records for sure.

Posted by: pt99 ()
Date: January 13, 2019 22:49

The Stones would not be on stage with a rap "artist" rap = crap, as Keith says

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: January 14, 2019 00:39

Rokyfan
Picture the rolling stones next to big boi. I mean why would anyone have a problem with that?

Lol. I can envision a few RS live scenarios,
that is not 1.

Posted by: MrMibbs ()
Date: January 14, 2019 21:17

potus43
except Timberlake

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: January 14, 2019 22:33

Justin Timberlake is not a rapper.

Carry on.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: January 14, 2019 23:49

crholmstrom
Rokyfan

It's the Maroon 5 thing that is the issue. I'm not a huge hip hop fan but I do like the Outkast. They had some interesting records for sure.

Yes, it's nothing to do with rap, it's that the Rolling Stones are not on the second line, they are not support or a special guest at someone else's show, like these two guys, I'm not insulting them because they are rap my point is that the Stones are above all that BS, way above. For Big Boi it's a career move.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: January 15, 2019 01:46

Can I joke about Adam L new platinum top hair doo Très Chic
I kid Adam Levine here is his promo pic/ daddy duty from daily mail
[www.dailymail.co.uk]
It’s a great gig the super duper 1/2 show

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-01-15 02:16 by 35love.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: January 31, 2019 21:11

potus43

So true. That's like suggesting they would sample a rapper and drop it into one of their singles like, I don't know, let's say "Anybody Seen My Baby." It's ridiculous. And if they did, imagine them playing it live and Mick and Bernard trying to rap every night. It would never happen. It's like suggesting Mick had brought someone like Babyface to the BRIDGES TO BABYLON sessions to turn something like "Already Over Me" into a hip hop song. It could never happen.

Imagine if when starting work on GODDESS IN THE DOORWAY, Mick had invited Missy Elliott to record a duet with him and hired Dark Child and Fatboy Slim to produce it. He would never do that. Imagine if he had brought in The Fugees to turn his reggae tune, "Hideaway" into a hip hop song. Never in a million years.

Imagine if the Stones tried turning a retro disco song like "Rain Fall Down" into hip hop and had hired Ashley Beadle and will i. am to re-work it as a single. They would never do that.

Imagine if Mick handed an even more obvious retro disco song like "Charmed Life" over to Ashley Beadle and will i. am or imagine if he recorded a couple interrelated duets with will i. am. Think how crazy it would be if Mick was singing on something like "T.H.E." or "Go Home?" Imagine if Mick appeared on the American Music Awards via satellite to perform it with him. You can't, of course, because he'd never do it.

Now imagine if Mick put together a side project with a rapper and even tried rapping a little bit himself on the album. Imagine if he had written and recorded a whole album with Damian Marley or somebody. Ridiculous isn't it? As crazy as suggesting he work with a rapper like Nadirah X on the "Alfie" soundtrack. Never in a million years.

Imagine if Keith and Steve Jordan wrote and recorded a rap song with K'naan even though Keith knows rap is short for crap. Can you imagine if a track like "Sleep When We Die" was written and recorded with Keith and Steve Jordan? I know I can't. Imagine if Keith brought in Lee "Scratch" Perry to toast on something like "Love Overdue" or if Keith played on multiple albums by Scratch on tracks where Scratch was toasting? He couldn't because Keith is too cool, but what if? It's like suggesting Ivan Neville start toasting during live versions of "Too Rude" on the Winos tours. Man, Keith would have showed him the blade for that rap crap.

I don't know how anyone can even consider such things. As you were, Mr. President.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: January 31, 2019 21:17

Love it, Rocky!smileys with beer

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: January 31, 2019 22:12

Rocky Dijon
potus43

So true. That's like suggesting they would sample a rapper and drop it into one of their singles like, I don't know, let's say "Anybody Seen My Baby." It's ridiculous. And if they did, imagine them playing it live and Mick and Bernard trying to rap every night. It would never happen. It's like suggesting Mick had brought someone like Babyface to the BRIDGES TO BABYLON sessions to turn something like "Already Over Me" into a hip hop song. It could never happen.

Imagine if when starting work on GODDESS IN THE DOORWAY, Mick had invited Missy Elliott to record a duet with him and hired Dark Child and Fatboy Slim to produce it. He would never do that. Imagine if he had brought in The Fugees to turn his reggae tune, "Hideaway" into a hip hop song. Never in a million years.

Imagine if the Stones tried turning a retro disco song like "Rain Fall Down" into hip hop and had hired Ashley Beadle and will i. am to re-work it as a single. They would never do that.

Imagine if Mick handed an even more obvious retro disco song like "Charmed Life" over to Ashley Beadle and will i. am or imagine if he recorded a couple interrelated duets with will i. am. Think how crazy it would be if Mick was singing on something like "T.H.E." or "Go Home?" Imagine if Mick appeared on the American Music Awards via satellite to perform it with him. You can't, of course, because he'd never do it.

Now imagine if Mick put together a side project with a rapper and even tried rapping a little bit himself on the album. Imagine if he had written and recorded a whole album with Damian Marley or somebody. Ridiculous isn't it? As crazy as suggesting he work with a rapper like Nadirah X on the "Alfie" soundtrack. Never in a million years.

Imagine if Keith and Steve Jordan wrote and recorded a rap song with K'naan even though Keith knows rap is short for crap. Can you imagine if a track like "Sleep When We Die" was written and recorded with Keith and Steve Jordan? I know I can't. Imagine if Keith brought in Lee "Scratch" Perry to toast on something like "Love Overdue" or if Keith played on multiple albums by Scratch on tracks where Scratch was toasting? He couldn't because Keith is too cool, but what if? It's like suggesting Ivan Neville start toasting during live versions of "Too Rude" on the Winos tours. Man, Keith would have showed him the blade for that rap crap.

I don't know how anyone can even consider such things. As you were, Mr. President.

Pile it up pile it on a platter!
The rocky defense rests

Posted by: virgil ()
Date: January 31, 2019 22:16

virgil
DiegoGlimmerStones
Mick In December, I like his picture!

Ever since they played the Super Bowl back in 2006 I have wanted them to use that Stage for a tour. It would be awesome especially where they have only playing big stadiums the past few years. Place it in the center and you would have a lot more desireable seats. I think it’s my favorite stage that they have ever used.

Just repeating myself.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: January 31, 2019 22:36

Will Mick Jagger Perform At The 2019 Super Bowl? Maroon 5 Could Perform "Moves Like Jagger"

[www.elitedaily.com]

Date: January 31, 2019 23:06

bye bye johnny
Will Mick Jagger Perform At The 2019 Super Bowl? Maroon 5 Could Perform "Moves Like Jagger"

[www.elitedaily.com]
Thank you Bye Bye Johnny

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: February 1, 2019 17:33

As with the other thread, no rumors at all of Jagger at SB53, just idiot zines looking to get some attention.

Mick at Super Bowl?
Posted by: Sockers56 ()
Date: January 31, 2019 19:43

Been hearing rumors that Mick could make a cameo at 1/2 time Sunday. What do you all think?

Re: Mick at Super Bowl?
Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: January 31, 2019 19:45

I personally think it would be cool, but who knows?

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: January 31, 2019 19:49

He brings bad luck to the team he supports.

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: January 31, 2019 19:51

Four pages worth here: [iorr.org]

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: January 31, 2019 20:46

He could play his new demo in between the Maroon 5 set, and it would be a perfect fit.

Rises mysteriously through a cloud of smoke while Maroon 5 are playing 'Moves Like Jagger', as he unleashes his new tune to the astonishment of the crowd.

Posted by: diverseharmonics ()
Date: January 31, 2019 20:49

Yes he'll make a cameo ----in Krafts' luxury box....

Posted by: snorton ()
Date: January 31, 2019 21:04

This would be a Jagger like move!

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: January 31, 2019 21:49

I believe it; if that happens, Mick should negotiate for a mention of the Stones upcoming US tour during the event.

Rockandroll,
Mops

Date: January 31, 2019 22:00

rollmops
I believe it; if that happens, Mick should negotiate for a mention of the Stones upcoming US tour during the event.

Rockandroll,
Mops
I agree! An amazing surprise for the SuperBowl!!! That would be amazing!

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: February 1, 2019 15:55

Hairball
He could play his new demo in between the Maroon 5 set, and it would be a perfect fit.

Rises mysteriously through a cloud of smoke while Maroon 5 are playing 'Moves Like Jagger', as he unleashes his new tune to the astonishment of the crowd.

different day, different thread....same old shit...never a missed opportunity to rag on Jagger albeit in a sneaky cheeky way aye Hairball?

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: February 1, 2019 16:01

rollmops

Rockandroll,
Mops

Everybody knows already.

Date: February 1, 2019 16:01

Here's the original thread: [iorr.org]

Date: February 1, 2019 17:02

It's not rumors, it's speculation because of an old song, aka wishful thinking.

Pure rubbish.

Date: February 1, 2019 17:24

Sockers56
Been hearing rumors that Mick could make a cameo at 1/2 time Sunday. What do you all think?
Where did you hear or see this?

Date: February 1, 2019 17:26

Rokyfan
Sockers56
Where did you hear or see this?

They didn't. There are ZERO RUMORS. Look on Google and it's pure speculation from some shitty zines that have nothing better to do somehow.

Date: February 1, 2019 17:27

If he does, maybe keith and woody will back dylan at the post game show

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 4 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1650
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home