Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1314151617181920212223...LastNext
Current Page: 18 of 99
Re: The Rolling Stones No Filter US Tour 2019
Posted by: Dan ()
Date: November 24, 2018 22:11

daspyknows
Dan
Hairball
Dan
bv

If needed, I will make more comments on buying tickets, but in short, I think fans should read all the comments in this thread, rather than having easy access to a single page like "How to get tickets", because such a page will also be easily available for those who are not real fans.

smiling smiley Those people don't need IORR help pages to figure out how to buy tickets, but the thought of loads of amateurs buying mediocre $500 tickets to flip wouldn't bother me too much either as eventually they will have to sell them for real and will take whatever they can get.

But anyone who hasn't used Ticketmaster in the last few weeks is in for a rude awakening next week for sure.

eye popping smiley

Haha jk - I used it the last few weeks (or maybe it was Live Nation)...and was shut out after attempting to throw back and look at another seat option - seemingly quicker than I have in the past.
It was for Nick Mason night #2 at the Wiltern, and seeing as I already had a ticket for night #1 it didn't bother me. Went back in an hour or so, and many of the same non VIP/platinum cheap seats were still there.

What can we expect from Ticketmaster?!!!

i got night 1 too, not sure if I am going to keep it or not.

Once upon a time, you had the best available prompt with the dropdown menu and after the initial onsale, an interactive map to click on the blue, red or gold dots.

Now your only option is waiting room, followed by interactive map and side bar list (which defaults to lowest price but you can also click on best seats to list that way) so everyone is clicking on the same tickets, and when a ticket you click on is already taken, you get kicked back into the waiting room.

You don't get kicked back to waiting room unless you refresh the browser. It is a PITA though and I expect this will be a short lived solution but we may be fighting it with the Stones. The trick I use is multiple computers each running Chrome, Firefox and IE. Increases the odds.

After my selection was rejected the page autorefreshed which is what kicked me back to the waiting room.

I hate web development teams.

Posted by: VicJagger ()
Date: November 24, 2018 22:59

Weird that the VIP packages are pricing the Pit seats almost $500 lower than the so-called “Front row” seats. They either think people value the ability to have an actual seat more than being closer to the stage or they are ripping off people who would logically assume “front”row means closest to the stage.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: November 24, 2018 23:06

Wouldn't be surprised to see a lot of people get duped into that "Front Row" thing.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: November 24, 2018 23:28

Hairball
daspyknows
Hairball
Dan
bv

If needed, I will make more comments on buying tickets, but in short, I think fans should read all the comments in this thread, rather than having easy access to a single page like "How to get tickets", because such a page will also be easily available for those who are not real fans.

smiling smiley Those people don't need IORR help pages to figure out how to buy tickets, but the thought of loads of amateurs buying mediocre $500 tickets to flip wouldn't bother me too much either as eventually they will have to sell them for real and will take whatever they can get.

But anyone who hasn't used Ticketmaster in the last few weeks is in for a rude awakening next week for sure.

eye popping smiley

Haha jk - I used it the last few weeks (or maybe it was Live Nation)...and was shut out after attempting to throw back and look at another seat option - seemingly quicker than I have in the past.
It was for Nick Mason night #2 at the Wiltern, and seeing as I already had a ticket for night #1 it didn't bother me. Went back in an hour or so, and many of the same non VIP/platinum cheap seats were still there.

What can we expect from Ticketmaster?!!!

Didn't realize there were 2 Wiltern shows. I scored a really nice ticket for night one. Didn't have good luck for Masonic in SF but pulled a favor and have 2 top price level seats waiting at will call.

Awesome daspy, you'll be down in L.A. for night #1?
I bought a cheapie front row mezzanine for $62+ fees, while a couple of friends of mine (hardcore diehard Pink Floyd fans) paid $500 VIP front row!!! I could see him apprx. 8 times for that price! Anyhow, can't justify paying more than what I did for what is basically a glorified tribute band - yes he was the drummer for PF, but it's kind of like Ringo and his All Star Band playing Beatles tunes - but in Ringo's case he actually sang on some of those tunes, and he also has his solo hits. That said, I'd rather see Nick Mason than Ringo. Also bought a cheapie for night #2, but not sure if I'll keep it.

Dan
Once upon a time, you had the best available prompt with the dropdown menu and after the initial onsale, an interactive map to click on the blue, red or gold dots.

Now your only option is waiting room, followed by interactive map and side bar list (which defaults to lowest price but you can also click on best seats to list that way) so everyone is clicking on the same tickets, and when a ticket you click on is already taken, you get kicked back into the waiting room.

Yes, it's all out of whack!

yep, in for night 1 and SF. Not far from you but much closer

Posted by: 5stringTele ()
Date: November 25, 2018 02:20

Dan
5stringTele
There was recently a story in the news about how a team of investigative reporters caught Ticketmaster on undercover cameras promoting scalpers. There was some "broker's" convention where Ticketmonster had a table set up to promote their program for brokers, which provided special software and early access to tickets.

The first public presales will be on Wednesday, but Ticketmonster will be selling tickets on Monday or Tuesday to members of their special program and maybe even employees. Many tickets will be gone before 10:00 Wednesday morning.

They weren't providing early access to tickets. It was merely inventory management software and Point Of Sale system and the big scandal is that they weren't policing Ticketmaster ticket buying accounts for ticket limit violations.
If they aren't allowing early access to anybody, we won't see any verified resale tickets available in the early moments of the Wednesday presale. I've got a bad feeling we will see a lot of them available right from the start.

We'll know for sure on Wednesday.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: November 25, 2018 02:31

5stringTele
Dan
5stringTele
There was recently a story in the news about how a team of investigative reporters caught Ticketmaster on undercover cameras promoting scalpers. There was some "broker's" convention where Ticketmonster had a table set up to promote their program for brokers, which provided special software and early access to tickets.

The first public presales will be on Wednesday, but Ticketmonster will be selling tickets on Monday or Tuesday to members of their special program and maybe even employees. Many tickets will be gone before 10:00 Wednesday morning.

They weren't providing early access to tickets. It was merely inventory management software and Point Of Sale system and the big scandal is that they weren't policing Ticketmaster ticket buying accounts for ticket limit violations.
If they aren't allowing early access to anybody, we won't see any verified resale tickets available in the early moments of the Wednesday presale. I've got a bad feeling we will see a lot of them available right from the start.

Many of these venues are Personal Seat Licence venues where people paid big bucks to help get the stadiums built. Many of these allow for the purchase of tickets to all events. Folks get the tickets are put them up on secondary market. Face it, if you paid $40,000 to $80,000 per seat this is a benefit to defray the cold. Many ticket agencies actually own the seat licences too and they obviously are going to resell the seats.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: November 25, 2018 02:36

5stringTele
Dan
5stringTele

If the shows are resale enabled and I buy a ticket at 10:01, I can have it listed for resale by 10:02. There is a sell button right in your Ticketmaster account where the tickets are, though most brokers go thru point of sale systems so they can get inventory on all platforms.

Most but not all shows that are resale enabled only have that option after the general sale.

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: November 25, 2018 03:33

Can someone please explain the gold circle to me. Is that only available through VIP tickets?

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: November 25, 2018 03:45

steffialicia
Can someone please explain the gold circle to me. Is that only available through VIP tickets?

No. They will also be available in the general sale and non- VIP.

plexi

Date: November 25, 2018 03:51

Jeter1984
Stub Hub often works directly with the promoter and venue. They are, quite often, a better option than TM because the inventory is more transparent.

To suggest that Stub Hub is just a typical scalper, or that someone should not buy on that site is both misleading and incorrect.

What do u mean when u say that the Stub Hub inventory is more transparent than that of TM?

plexi

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: November 25, 2018 03:52

timbernardis
steffialicia

plexi

??
No Golden Circle tickets will be offered here in the US.
Golden Circle, a standing area behind the pit in the UK and elsewhere, will be replaced with seats for No Filter USA. Unless I am misunderstanding the question, then... never mind cool smiley

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: November 25, 2018 03:57

Thank you both.

Posted by: Jeter1984 ()
Date: November 25, 2018 05:48

timbernardis
Jeter1984
Stub Hub often works directly with the promoter and venue. They are, quite often, a better option than TM because the inventory is more transparent.

To suggest that Stub Hub is just a typical scalper, or that someone should not buy on that site is both misleading and incorrect.

What do u mean when u say that the Stub Hub inventory is more transparent than that of TM?

plexi

Generally speaking, every ticket Stub Hub has is listed for sale at the same time. You always have a map available to filter your search.

TM withholds inventory (pre-sales etc), releases large blocks of tickets over time-at the direction of the promoter of the show and doesn't always let buyers use the map-they search for you.

I don't dislike TM, it's just good to know how these sites differ from each other.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-25 05:49 by Jeter1984.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: November 25, 2018 10:03

On previous tours, I figured it would be better to wait than to grab whatever was available in the presale whenever I finally got through, and every time I lost my nerve and regretted it. Given the struggle, am I actually right in thinking it's better to hold off?

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: November 25, 2018 11:03

Better to wait.sometimes prices will decrease..
For amsterdam 2017 i scored a Pit ticket for Euro 250..while a fan next to me paid Euro 950 for it.
Jeroen

Date: November 25, 2018 11:22

MisterDDDD
timbernardis
steffialicia

plexi

??
No Golden Circle tickets will be offered here in the US.
Golden Circle, a standing area behind the pit in the UK and elsewhere, will be replaced with seats for No Filter USA. Unless I am misunderstanding the question, then... never mind cool smiley

Mr D is right. I just had on my mind the Euro/UK model which has been my last 6 Stones concerts.

plexi

Date: November 25, 2018 11:29

That 950 Amsterdam pit was probably off Viagogo or someplace like that, the face value price was never over 250 € for Amsterdam IIRC.

Date: November 25, 2018 11:32

Aquamarine
On previous tours, I figured it would be better to wait than to grab whatever was available in the presale whenever I finally got through, and every time I lost my nerve and regretted it. Given the struggle, am I actually right in thinking it's better to hold off?

If you find something you like for a price you like in the presale, by all means grab it, but if you don't, your best bet is definitely to wait it out. Also, there are numerous presales next week (aside from the RS.com presale, there are several on Thursday November 29 - see each event page on TM), and of course, you've got the general public sale on November 30. Lots of chances.

If you strike out next week, don't panic, more tickets will be released later and chances are they will flex the prices if sales are slow for a particular venue.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-25 11:44 by Topi.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: November 25, 2018 11:55

Topi
That 950 Amsterdam pit was probably off Viagogo or someplace like that, the face value price was never over 250 € for Amsterdam IIRC.

The VIP package was certainly higher than 250€ so that could be Right. Even in Germany, many People didn't pay the 800€ for the pit but 1200€ for the VIP package (without early entry for the pit!)

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: November 25, 2018 13:05

hockenheim95
Topi

The VIP package was certainly higher than 250€ so that could be Right. Even in Germany, many People didn't pay the 800€ for the pit but 1200€ for the VIP package (without early entry for the pit!)

Yeah, and then about 300 pittickets ended up as Lucky Dips in Berlinsmiling smiley

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: November 25, 2018 13:26

JumpinJeppeFlash
hockenheim95
Topi

Yeah, and then about 300 pittickets ended up as Lucky Dips in Berlinsmiling smiley

right, as far as I remember every Lucky Dipper got pit tickets until 1,5 hours after they began handing out LD tickets

Posted by: bluediamond ()
Date: November 25, 2018 18:34

Any idea if it’d be possible to pull two sets of lucky dip tickets?

Had plans to get my dad a pair for Christmas to take a friend and now my S/O wants to go so I was going to try for two.

Plan would be buy one set for my dad then hope I can pull a second. Or try on both computer and mobile.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: November 25, 2018 18:49

bluediamond

Had plans to get my dad a pair for Christmas to take a friend and now my S/O wants to go so I was going to try for two.

Plan would be buy one set for my dad then hope I can pull a second. Or try on both computer and mobile.

you'll need two different credit cards and maybe even two different names/adresses

Date: November 25, 2018 19:10

Not so sure about that Slewan. In 2013, even before they were called Lucky Dips, I got two pairs for Vegas MGM Grand with the same card and address and they game me both pairs at the arena no problem. Also, a few days ago our esteemed friend Gazza on Facebook suggested to someone that they might buy two pairs. Just use the better pair. Maybe it depends on how the individual venue handles the process. Would be interested to hear on this from folks who have done a lot of Lucky Dipping.

plexi

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-25 19:12 by timbernardis.

Posted by: glmmr_twn ()
Date: November 25, 2018 19:15

slewan
bluediamond

you'll need two different credit cards and maybe even two different names/adresses

I pulled 2 sets of Lucky dip tickets for Dublin. one name, one credit card.

Date: November 25, 2018 19:41

Actually the LD terms & conditions do not seem to limit you to buying only one pair:

The 2014 wording:

[m.facebook.com]

The 2017 wording:

[www.rollingstones.com]

And of course, if you're going with a friend, you can both buy a pair and just see which one turns the better tickets. I think this is what Gazza was saying.

Be aware that Ticketmaster may have set a limit of one pair of LD's per "household" though:

[www.google.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-25 20:12 by Topi.

Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: November 25, 2018 19:51

I was looking on PIT tickets for Michael Bublé just to compare.

Michael Buble's Backstage VIP Experience
$995.75 ea + Fees

Michael Buble's VIP Experience
$745.75 ea + Fees

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-25 19:52 by Christiaan.

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: November 25, 2018 20:25

Think prices in general even nosebleeds will be high.

Date: November 25, 2018 20:26

If there must be two different cards used to buy more than one pair of Lucky Dips, then I wonder if two different addresses can be used or if u are forced to use only the address that is on your credit card account.

plexi

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: November 25, 2018 20:36

timbernardis
If there must be two different cards used to buy more than one pair of Lucky Dips, then I wonder if two different addresses can be used or if u are forced to use only the address that is on your credit card account.

plexi

I'm going to use two different cards/names (my wife's) and try to get two pairs for Seattle. Only doing that as a precaution, because I believe multiple purchases don't matter anymore as it did in the early days of Lucky Dips.
Address definitely won't matter, as they don't send Lucky Dips via mail, and there's never been a requirement that people from same household can't purchase.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1314151617181920212223...LastNext
Current Page: 18 of 99

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2098
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home