Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1718192021222324252627...LastNext
Current Page: 22 of 99
Re: The Rolling Stones No Filter US Tour 2019
Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: November 27, 2018 03:52

OK, my brother in Denver wants to bring his wife and all four of their adult children, so 6 total. He wishes them to all sit or stand together. If they wait for flex pricing, say a few weeks or even days before the show, what are the chances that they could get good tickets cheaply and all together? And when should they look for such tickets, how long before the show?

plexi

Posted by: rcfoxy ()
Date: November 27, 2018 04:36

Surely Pit tickets are going to be close to $1000 (or more) each considering the price of the German ones last year, and that the Pit looks smaller than EU. Or maybe they have learnt from Germany and will be a tiny bit more realistic with their pricing.

Personally I'm hoping that the Pit costs either a "cheap" (by RS standards) $500 or they are $2000 each, then 95% of them will end up as LD tickets :-)

As 2 friends have said to me today - if they can't get Pit at sub $1K or via LD - they will just stay home.

All will be revealed soon no doubt...

Cheers
Richard - In Another Land

Posted by: makustone ()
Date: November 27, 2018 05:12

rcfoxy
Surely Pit tickets are going to be close to $1000 (or more) each considering the price of the German ones last year, and that the Pit looks smaller than EU. Or maybe they have learnt from Germany and will be a tiny bit more realistic with their pricing.

Personally I'm hoping that the Pit costs either a "cheap" (by RS standards) $500 or they are $2000 each, then 95% of them will end up as LD tickets :-)

As 2 friends have said to me today - if they can't get Pit at sub $1K or via LD - they will just stay home.
U

And what does someone like me who thinks to travel alone from Buenos Aires to New York to see the Stones as close as possible? I can not pay 1000 x 1 ticket but I get up to 500/600. I hope and pray that the prices of the Pit go down with the passage of time and I remain tied to fate and luck? Or will I settle for any other location in the stadium? since lucky dips are for 2 people and can not be sold. I write this as a joke / someone else to continue to advise me! Thanks for all the real info that you share. This forum makes me happy! (sic) Cheers from Argentina!

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: November 27, 2018 05:14

makustone
rcfoxy

U

And what does someone like me who thinks to travel alone from Buenos Aires to New York to see the Stones as close as possible? I can not pay 1000 x 1 ticket but I get up to 500/600. I hope and pray that the prices of the Pit go down with the passage of time and I remain tied to fate and luck? Or will I settle for any other location in the stadium? since lucky dips are for 2 people and can not be sold. I write this as a joke / someone else to continue to advise me! Thanks for all the real info that you share. This forum makes me happy! (sic) Cheers from Argentina!

If you were to go the LD route you can easily find someone on here to take your 2nd ticket as it gets closer. Until we know the exact pricing (36 hours) we are all guessing.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: November 27, 2018 06:57

babyblue
Topi
jackflash27
What exactly is the “Ticketmaster” presale?

Good question. I added the Stones to My Favorites on my Ticketmaster account. Let's see if that gets me anywhere.

[help.ticketmaster.com]

[www.google.com]

Do you need a code for ticket master presale. Is code rollingstones.com sends tomorrow just for Stones site. Thanks, I'm new to this please bear with me.

The code RS.com sends you will be entered on Ticketmaster.com, not RS.com itself.

Not sure if you need a code for the TM presale (or how to get one!) For all we know it could be CLOUD, the same one used for the radio station presales on Thursday.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: November 27, 2018 09:20

Codes are only usable once, for one show, correct?

Posted by: Nellcote1971 ()
Date: November 27, 2018 09:28

Hello everyone,
speaking of Lucky Dips. At around what mark do you reckon is there going to be an announcement that there are Lucky Dips available at all? General sale is only three days away...
Cheers.
Ben

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: November 27, 2018 09:30

Nellcote1971
Hello everyone,
speaking of Lucky Dips. At around what mark do you reckon is there going to be an announcement that there are Lucky Dips available at all? General sale is only three days away...
Cheers.
Ben

They may not announce them and just put them on sale.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: November 27, 2018 10:36

Aquamarine

We don't know that yet either. I would think they have a generic code that can be used an unlimited amount of times. At least I haven't heard anything about the presale being restricted to only one show.

I'd bet a code can be used more than once. Why else would the Thursday "radio presale" code (CLOUD) be the same for various venues? Of course, the RS.com code may be different. We'll see on Tuesday as people start receiving codes by email.

The wording on RS.com suggests there is only one code that is valid for all shows:

Entering your details means you will be only contacted with the pre-sale code relating to this US tour

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-27 10:41 by Topi.

Posted by: TonyRz2 ()
Date: November 27, 2018 10:50

Most questions hanging out there have been answered, but a few remain:

timbernardis
OK, my brother in Denver wants to bring his wife and all four of their adult children, so 6 total. He wishes them to all sit or stand together. If they wait for flex pricing, say a few weeks or even days before the show, what are the chances that they could get good tickets cheaply and all together? And when should they look for such tickets, how long before the show?

If I've got to keep 5 other people entertained, I try to remember that what's fun for me might not be fun for all. Or doable for all. And that includes waiting as the show rolls closer, standing in place all night for a concert, being tall, or willing to play Mexican standoff with the boxoffice. Also, getting six together at something below $400 a pop is a challenge in general - needing that many together just moves you further back in the house - general rule for any show. It's one of the few times I actually DO advise people to wait for flexing and ticket drops - after presales, that's pretty much the only time you're going to find 6 together unless you're willing to pay more than the most of the market bears. (I mean, there will be ample and steady opportunity to buy 6x$500 together.)

Situations like that are when I sometimes focus on the Amex presale. The Amex tickets are generally a dedicated bloc of tickets, and they are mostly NOT what anyone would call "best seats in the house". But you have a better chance of all sitting together someplace that's not completely dreadful if you're quick and decisive on the Amex presale. That said, there might be a ticket limit in any presale (set by Amex, or the football team, or whomever applies) which you'll discover when you try and buy 6 together.

Official ticket limit in our market according to Ticketmaster is 8, but certain presales might put more severe limits on.

Decide ahead of time what you're not going to spend and where you're not going to sit.

Just be patient. Who wants to be paying $1,000 to stand in the pit only to realise that the guy next to you paid a tenth of that?

Just an observation (or a twist on "If you have to ask....")

If that's possibly your reaction night of show upon discovering that news, then maybe you really can't afford $1000 tickets.

Re: Price of floor

I know that $509 and $409 has been quoted to Patriots season ticketholders, but that doesn't mean that they are the only two prices on the field. It's only the two prices being offered to season ticketholders. I don't think the rear-field GA area is going to be as high as $409, and I don't think that NFL teams offer their precious season ticketholders standing room tickets.

In all probability there will probably be some front pits with a nominal "face value" of $99 or such, but they will be as rare as hens' teeth. Most of the front pits will be tethered to $1,500 VIP packages or similarly ridiculous Platinum "offers", or "sold" to friends, family, and VIPs. It probably won't matter if "face value" for Front Pit is $99 or $500, except that the latter might actually be spotted in the wild by somebody.

Re: Claim that price of nosebleed "won't be high".

Depends on your definition of "nosebleed" and "high". If history of their US stadium shows is any indicator, 90% of upper-deck tickets are going to still be AT LEAST one price level up from lowest published price. (Traditionally, this means $150-$170, not the fabled $99, $85 or any 2-digit number, really.) And this will apply all the way to the back. They're certainly going to START this process asking $150-$170 for those. To me, that's a high price (at least $400 a pair with fees), and a nosebleed location.

I think you'll find 3 prices on upper-tier/upper-deck seats out of the gate, and the challenge, as always, will be to grab the lowest.

Looks like NFL presales start tomorrow, so there's still time to sleep with a season ticketholder and become their special friend.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-27 11:12 by TonyRz2.

Date: November 27, 2018 11:25

Topi
Aquamarine

We don't know that yet either. I would think they have a generic code that can be used an unlimited amount of times. At least I haven't heard anything about the presale being restricted to only one show.

I'd bet a code can be used more than once. Why else would the Thursday "radio presale" code (CLOUD) be the same for various venues? Of course, the RS.com code may be different. We'll see on Tuesday as people start receiving codes by email.

The wording on RS.com suggests there is only one code that is valid for all shows:

Entering your details means you will be only contacted with the pre-sale code relating to this US tour

Oh, OK, thanks, you're probably right. I was just going by a code I received for another tour that could only be used once for one show. It will make life a lot simpler if the code can be used more than once!

Date: November 27, 2018 11:30

TonyRz2

Just be patient. Who wants to be paying $1,000 to stand in the pit only to realise that the guy next to you paid a tenth of that?

Just an observation (or a twist on "If you have to ask....")

If that's possibly your reaction night of show upon discovering that news, then maybe you really can't afford $1000 tickets.

What?

Posted by: TonyRz2 ()
Date: November 27, 2018 11:39

What?

If you have $1000 to spend on the pit, then by all means, go and do it.

But if you can really afford it, you won't care 1 farthing if you find out that somebody else struck a deal somehow, somewhere, for a lower price. You'll have paid for what you wanted, and gotten it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-27 11:40 by TonyRz2.

Posted by: laurel ()
Date: November 27, 2018 13:20

So at 5 feet tall, I'm still trying to determine if the PIT is the best place to be, assuming I am able to get and afford them, or what the next best seating option would be for a height-challenged person...

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: November 27, 2018 13:56

laurel
So at 5 feet tall, I'm still trying to determine if the PIT is the best place to be, assuming I am able to get and afford them, or what the next best seating option would be for a height-challenged person...

I would shoot for "front row" of any of the floor sections with seats.
Even those that butt up against the pit, will likely have decent room in between allowing for a fairly unobstructed view. Second choice would be any aisle seat on the floor. Easier to move aside to get a good view if person in front is tall.

Posted by: Lucab12 ()
Date: November 27, 2018 14:37

CODE QUESTION:

I have the Stones email but also an AmEx Card. Is the code for Amex just the customer service number on back of card or is there a new one>?

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: November 27, 2018 14:38

ok...so whats the best strategy to get tickets through Ticketmaster and to score decent seats in Miami?...have to admit since moving to Florida I've lost touch with my NY contacts that were formidable for access to tickets....do you wait for price drops?..do you go for it on the pre sale?...help.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: November 27, 2018 14:55

Lucab12
CODE QUESTION:

I have the Stones email but also an AmEx Card. Is the code for Amex just the customer service number on back of card or is there a new one>?

I wonder if you go ahead and register with Ticket Master and submit your AMEX Card # for quick check out is the answer, if possible.

Posted by: Exile ()
Date: November 27, 2018 15:05

Can someone provide their Amex card info so I can score some pre-sale tix? I’m good for it. Thanks in advance.

On the 7th day God created the Rolling Stones

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: November 27, 2018 15:17

Exile
Can someone provide their Amex card info so I can score some pre-sale tix? I’m good for it. Thanks in advance.

No sweat- You can easily apply for an American Express Card via cell or internet and they will issue a number and security code. They may even send you a card overnight.

Posted by: muncy23 ()
Date: November 27, 2018 15:45

DeanGoodman
Gaetzi
I'm a fairly tall guy and want to be close without losing good sound or sight lines. Is the Pit the place to be if i can make it happen?

The pit is always the place to be.

(Ideally)

Thanks Dean. Your words mean a lot. I've been reading your reviews for years and thank you greatly for those reviews.. I know that you don't want to give all of your secrets away, but how do you usually purchase tickets? I'm guessing that you don't do it through ticketmaster..Recently i have purchased tickets around the day of the show for other bands, and have been pretty successful. What is your strategy? I'd also like to hear from Bjornulf Vik. Seems like BV is always close around the pit. Thank you!!

Date: November 27, 2018 16:01

So what is the American Express Code> How do I get that?

And has the code form the Rolling Stones site been sent out yet?

Posted by: itsallovernow ()
Date: November 27, 2018 16:04

This is all so silly. So many here are like teenage groupies when it comes to the band. When is enough enough? How many times can you listen to the same old songs and spend an arm and a leg to do it? To each his own, I guess. Smh...

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: November 27, 2018 16:07

Lucab12
CODE QUESTION:

You have a code from RS.com already?

Posted by: laurel ()
Date: November 27, 2018 16:15

MisterDDDD
laurel

I would shoot for "front row" of any of the floor sections with seats.
Even those that butt up against the pit, will likely have decent room in between allowing for a fairly unobstructed view. Second choice would be any aisle seat on the floor. Easier to move aside to get a good view if person in front is tall.

Thank you so much, I will try for that!

Date: November 27, 2018 16:28

So...whats the thought use the RS code of the AE code. Will they both have the sames seats

Posted by: Gaetzi ()
Date: November 27, 2018 16:40

I may be totally wrong but I recall the AMEX presale for the Zip Code tour being all VIP packages, which are a total scam. All you're buying is piece of mind that you've locked in a good seat

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: November 27, 2018 16:42

muncy23
DeanGoodman
Gaetzi
I'm a fairly tall guy and want to be close without losing good sound or sight lines. Is the Pit the place to be if i can make it happen?

The pit is always the place to be.

(Ideally)

Thanks Dean. Your words mean a lot. I've been reading your reviews for years and thank you greatly for those reviews.. I know that you don't want to give all of your secrets away, but how do you usually purchase tickets?

The secret? Between you and me - don't do anything until about a month before the show. Even then, scalping on the day should be fine (though it was tough during recent U.S. arena outings). Stubhub may also be your friend.

P.S. I also take advantage of credit card sign-up bonuses to take the sting out of ticket prices.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-27 16:50 by DeanGoodman.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: November 27, 2018 16:44

jumpontopofmebaby
So...whats the thought use the RS code of the AE code. Will they both have the sames seats

Most likely but the code INGOLD or INPLATINUM might unlock special Amex Preferred Seating.

Also there is a limit of 2 orders across the tour for Amex.

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: November 27, 2018 17:11

I just dropped everything at work cause I thought the presale starts today. Well. hot smiley

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1718192021222324252627...LastNext
Current Page: 22 of 99

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1769
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home