Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Mick Jagger You Needed That 2nd Guitar on Sway So Why Not Bring Back Taylor To PLay The Song The Right Way
Posted by: OpenG ()
Date: October 3, 2005 14:32

To:

Mick Jagger

CC The Stones Camp,Rolling Stones Money Machine,The Inner Circle or WhoEver
Runs the Show,

Why not bring back Mick Taylor for one gig and play Sway and let all fans hear
how the song should be played.You remember you needed Mick Taylor to get the
song done and finished,just like Moonlight Mile,Winter and other songs
during the golden era 1969-1974.Please do not try Winter or Time Waits with
the current lineup let those songs shine on as classic studio performances with
Mick Taylor.You have stated that the band was the greatest with Mick Taylor so
why not bring him back in some way.You needed that 2nd guitar when Keith was not
around and Mick Taylor greatly contributed to the finished product, and we all
know his contributions were heading toward you and Mick Taylor collaborating
in the studio during the golden era in some way when one certain band member
was not present.

Re: Mick Jagger You Needed That 2nd Guitar on Sway So Why Not Bring Back Taylor To PLay The Song The Right Way
Posted by: keefed ()
Date: October 3, 2005 15:11

Oh what a bullshit, sorry to say...

Re: Mick Jagger You Needed That 2nd Guitar on Sway So Why Not Bring Back Taylor To PLay The Song The Right Way
Posted by: Shezeboss ()
Date: October 3, 2005 15:16

is it a message only for very old people ? RUN RONNIE RUN...

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: October 3, 2005 15:22

Bloody obsession......

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: October 3, 2005 15:22

Message to OpenG:

CC Mick Taylor Fanclub Office.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mick Taylor is history. Sad but true. His name shall forever be held high, but his name should NEVER be mentioned in posts regarding The Rolling Stones of today.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

grinning smiley
(Couldn't help myself. Sorry).

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: The Stones ()
Date: October 3, 2005 15:23

If we'd like to hear proper versions of Sway, Winter, Moonlight Mile and Time Waits For No One the band unfortunately needs Mick Taylor and his blistering solos. Jagger should invite Taylor to play a few gigs with the Stones.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: October 3, 2005 15:29

The Stones Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If we'd like to hear proper versions of Sway,
> Winter, Moonlight Mile and Time Waits For No One
> the band unfortunately needs Mick Taylor and his
> blistering solos. Jagger should invite Taylor to
> play a few gigs with the Stones.

......Or people could stop wishing that Ron would play like Taylor and let him evolve for himself.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: October 3, 2005 15:52

Maybe they could just play the record with a big blowup doll of Taylor on stage tongue sticking out smiley

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: October 3, 2005 15:53

It would take some air though eh.... fat bloater!

Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: October 3, 2005 16:19

Do not bait or contradict Open G, it only feeds his obsession. He cannot accept or stop moaning about change.

Posted by: JamesBurton ()
Date: October 3, 2005 16:25

By the way, does anyone know what bowling alley Mick Taylor and his band are playing at this week?

Sorry, couldn't help it..

Posted by: bv ()
Date: October 3, 2005 16:26

Some people are living in the past. This is 2005. Forget it. Move on. Don't bother us with this stupid talk every day. It is simply silly.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 3, 2005 16:30

well you can't bring him back...the tragedy is those songs show how limited Ron is...

Posted by: J-J-Flash ()
Date: October 3, 2005 16:33

Golden Era 69-74????

IORR is one of their weaker albums IMO. And Beggars Banquet is one of their best albums... Golden Era I always thought was 1968-1972. Or you can even say 1973.

Posted by: Reptile ()
Date: October 3, 2005 16:33

We'd all love it but you're talking crap. It ain't gonna happen. Get over it man. Stop going to Stones concert and go to Taylor's concerts.

Posted by: The Stones ()
Date: October 3, 2005 16:46

JumpingKentFlash Wrote:
------------------------------------------------------
......Or people could stop wishing that Ron would
play like Taylor and let him evolve for himself.

Do you seriously believe that Ronnie will still evolve at this stage of his career.
He's 58 years of age after all and not a fledgling anymore.
I don't wish Taylor be reinstated, but he could join the Stones on stage for a few tunes on the current tour.
That would be totally awesome IMO. Taylor did actually play with the Stones in ยด81 if I'm not mistaken.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: October 3, 2005 16:54

It ain't gonna happen so don't bother thinking about it except in fantasy. Leave Ronnie be - he's playing great. And stop these personal remarks about Mick Taylor's appearance as well. There's no call for them.

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: October 3, 2005 16:56

Play the record if you wanna hear Mick Taylor.

Posted by: BostonStrangler ()
Date: October 3, 2005 17:04

but taylors appearance has taken on mamoth proportions..its hard not to notice. his version of blind willie mctell is awesome though..its on his last solo cd.

Date: October 3, 2005 17:06

Its not a waste of time - They most likely wont play sway again - I bet they
will play MR if they want to play something challenging.

You guys can,t accept the fact that the stones sounded the best with taylor and
even jagger has said that so why not remind the stones camp which was my whole
point.I have given up trying to SWAY YOU GUYS since they are touring who knows
when they get to Europe maybe wyman or taylor could join a gig.

I am a stones fan and grew up and saw the stones only with Ron Wood so if some former stones are still around why not dream.

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: October 3, 2005 17:28

@#$%& blues Wrote:
> well you can't bring him back...the tragedy is
> those songs show how limited Ron is...

Exactly. But you should end your remark like: "...limited Ron is NOWADAYS."
Ronnie still rocks and rolls, but when a song needs a decent guitar solo (like Sway) his limitations become only too obvious. So obvious it actually hurts. And that's exactly the reason why some people who care about the music and not the spectacle still cry for Taylor's return. It has little or nothing to do with living in the past, dear Bjornulf. It has to do with the fact that with their current line-up, the Stones are simply not able to perform songs like Sway or Moonlight Mile at least halfway decent, let alone really convincing. Let Ronnie rock and roll, let him weave with Keith, but avoid any songs with more or less complicated solo guitar. Like @#$%& blues wrote: "the tragedy is that those songs show how limited Ron is.." and my addition: NOWADAYS. It wasn't always like it is now.

Posted by: Greg ()
Date: October 3, 2005 17:31

I'm with OpenG on this. The Stones have failed in two aspects relating to their legacy. First by not opening the vaults, releasing earlier shows, etc. for the hardcore fans & posterity (like Dylan, Led Zeppelin, etc.). Secondly by not acknowlodging the importance of contributions by Taylor and Wyman for the bands fame and name, by giving them a place on stage for on or two nights (which in both cases might boost their former band mates musical carriers). I doubt it's gonna happen, but I think they should. Especially since this is more or less a farewell tour.

It's not a matter of living in the past, but of simply paying a long overdue tribute.

----------------------------
"Music is the frozen tapioca in the ice chest of history."

"Shit!... No shit, awright!"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-10-03 19:54 by Greg.

Posted by: bassaleman ()
Date: October 3, 2005 17:49

Sometimes i find it very hard to believe that this is a Rolling Stone fan web site due to the way these posts pick at Ronnie...and Chuck and even Keith and on and on and on...and by the way Mick Taylor blew it by leaving .

Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: October 3, 2005 17:57

PLEASE BRING BACK BRIAN JONES!!!!
saw ronnie last night...thank god he is with the rolling stones....he sounded great....better than i have ever seen him...he also looked great..he looks like a rolling stone...because he is!!!!!!

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: October 3, 2005 17:59

bassaleman Wrote:
> Sometimes i find it very hard to believe that this
> is a Rolling Stone fan web site due to the way
> these posts pick at Ronnie...and Chuck and even
> Keith and on and on and on...and by the way Mick
> Taylor blew it by leaving .

OK, bassaleman, to each their own. But don't forget that a lot of people here are not sixteen anymore and take a different approach at being a fan than people in their teens usually do...being excited and enthusiastic no matter what their favoured band actually does or how they actually perform.

Posted by: Greg ()
Date: October 3, 2005 18:26

bassaleman Wrote:
> ...and by the way Mick
> Taylor blew it by leaving.

We'll never know who REALLY blew it, back in the early seventies. And wouldn't it be time after 30 years to bury the hatchet?

----------------------------
"Music is the frozen tapioca in the ice chest of history."

"Shit!... No shit, awright!"

Posted by: wayno11 ()
Date: October 3, 2005 19:26

i think a lot of the lead work on Time waits for no one is actually keith, Ron Wood is awesome i dont think he is still evolving. It would be cool to bring back Mick taylor for a show or two, also bring bill wyman back for a few, oh and maybe a computerized hologram of brian jones also for a a few songz

Posted by: stone-relics ()
Date: October 3, 2005 19:30

You guys really need to get over Mick Taylor. Ronnie is a GREAT guitarist, and PROOVED it in SPADES saturday night in Hershey.....All Down the Line was simply sensational....

JR

Date: October 3, 2005 19:33

yeah and he copies taylor guitar lines how original

Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: October 3, 2005 19:39

why wouldn't he..taylor did a great job on that track...

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1981
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home