Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Mick Jagger You Needed That 2nd Guitar on Sway So Why Not Bring Back Taylor To PLay The Song The Right Way
Posted by: stickydion ()
Date: October 3, 2005 19:40

Open G, have you seen Taylor on stage in the last 10 years? I saw him twice in the middle 90s. Just decent at the first show, disappointing at the second one. Taylor is PAST anymore, you must accept it. I have heard Sway from this tour. Nice version, as CYHMK was on Licks tour.

Re: Mick Jagger You Needed That 2nd Guitar on Sway So Why Not Bring Back Taylor To PLay The Song The Right Way
Posted by: MCDDTLC ()
Date: October 3, 2005 19:44

Yeah Ronnies great . bla bla

Doesn't matter how old you are. if you have "EARS" you can tell the difference
between Ronnie's & Taylor's playing abilities!!!!

Here's another "old" Stones fan (and this is a Stones website isn't it, and
Taylor was a Stone wasn't he?) who's callinf for, begging Jagger / Richards
to bring back what's left of that 60's / 70's lineup (Taylor/Wyman)
for a one night Gig!!! oh, and record it as well, you'll make alot of extra
$$$ MicK J.!!!!!

MLC

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: October 3, 2005 19:48

stickydion Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Open G, have you seen Taylor on stage in the last
> 10 years? I saw him twice in the middle 90s. Just
> decent at the first show, disappointing at the
> second one. Taylor is PAST anymore, you must
> accept it. I have heard Sway from this tour. Nice
> version, as CYHMK was on Licks tour.

I've seen MT a half-dozen times since 92 and was blown away each and every time. If anything he's better than he was as a guitarist than with the Stones (material not as good, obviously, but his playing was as good or better). Maybe I've just been lucky the nites I've seen him, but I doubt it given I have dozens of recordings from over the years and have yet to hear the man have a bad night with the axe.

Posted by: wild_horse_pete ()
Date: October 3, 2005 19:59

Why does al the taylor fans picking on ron for his solo on sway?
The whole band whas out of line during that song, it happens, i don`t like that either, but there only human, thank god for that.
And you CAN`T compare ron wood with mick taylor.
BTW Taylor did some great solo`s during his stones area. He had the upportunity for it, because keith whas in his top as a rythm guitarist, so taylor didn`t need to fill in. When you look and listen to the stones nowadays, you can see that ron and keith filling each other up.

Posted by: Fan Since 1964 ()
Date: October 3, 2005 20:22

After reading this thread, what can a poor boy do?

Well as for me this is what I shouldn't do!
Live in the present, hold the past high in your memories scrapbook!
That's in the past

Today we have a band line up with the following guys:

Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Charlie Watts and Ronnie Wood!
Ok! You might say "but it was better way back then"! Alright! good enough for you but I would have to say that the Stones are better and heavier today than they we're way back then!

I loved MT's guitars from that period but sure as hell would miss RW's present ones today! So let's all face it, the Stones in 2005 have no place for MT in the line up.

At last, to OpenG, we think the Stones did sound good way back then but please also you have to accept that many of us likes the sound of the Stones today! No offense!

Been Stoned since 1964 and still am!

Posted by: OpenG ()
Date: October 3, 2005 20:25

I have many of his 2000-2003 boots and his playing sounds as fresh today as
with the stones.On mayall's dvd 70th birthday he is fantastic from nov 2003.

What I don,t get is all successful enterprises,companies,sports teams etc always
honor their historical past and bring back employees who made them successful
and don,t bury the PAST like the stones do.Why the hell does keith and jagger
treat former band mates so bad.Its like they are hiding the key people who made
them the greatest rock and rol band because there current lineup comes no where
close to the golden era. I guess its kind of emabarrising to jagger and keith if
they sit down and do these interviews and tell the rock journalist that there
best playing was 35 years ago with a guy named Mick Taylor.

Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: October 3, 2005 20:44

the stones are a working band...they didn't fire taylor or wyman...they quit...they left on their own... the stones moved on..jagger doesn't want to look back it makes him feel old.. it be like, remember that girl i went out with in 1975. she was nice...and then give her a call,oh my god, not you again..
the past is the past...taylor played on keiths solo... sparks didn' fly.
the rolling stones don't need to be a novelty act..they are doing just fine..
go see them today....you will see and hear what i'm saying!

Posted by: J-J-Flash ()
Date: October 3, 2005 20:47

OpenG Wrote:
> I have many of his 2000-2003 boots and his playing
> sounds as fresh today as
> with the stones.On mayall's dvd 70th birthday he
> is fantastic from nov 2003.
>
> What I don,t get is all successful
> enterprises,companies,sports teams etc always
> honor their historical past and bring back
> employees who made them successful
> and don,t bury the PAST like the stones do.Why the
> hell does keith and jagger
> treat former band mates so bad.Its like they are
> hiding the key people who made
> them the greatest rock and rol band because there
> current lineup comes no where
> close to the golden era. I guess its kind of
> emabarrising to jagger and keith if
> they sit down and do these interviews and tell the
> rock journalist that there
> best playing was 35 years ago with a guy named
> Mick Taylor.

If you have and love all these bootlegs than enjoy listening to them and stop complaining. Not sure what you mean by saying that Mick and Keith treat Taylor so badly today. Unless you mean not praising him every day like you do. The golden era started before Taylor joined the band so maybe you are saying they should honor their songwriting abilities or Jimmy Miller for helping them with production.

Posted by: Smokey ()
Date: October 3, 2005 21:04

wayno11 Wrote:
> i think a lot of the lead work on Time waits for
> no one is actually keith,

Yes, this is why OpenG starts these threads

OpenG Wrote:
> What I don,t get is all successful
> enterprises,companies,sports teams etc always
> honor their historical past and bring back
> employees who made them successful
> and don,t bury the PAST like the stones do.Why the
> hell does keith and jagger
> treat former band mates so bad.

Why are you convinced that the absence of Taylor and Wyman on stage is the Stones' doing rather than Taylor and Wyman's preference? Unlike many of their fans, they have not been listening to the old records every day, week, month or year. This is old history to them. They've been there, done that and moved on.

I suspect Taylor takes an interest in what his old bandmates are doing and probably has listened to the album. But play with them? Why bother?

Date: October 3, 2005 21:29

because they are on tour and the stones always have guest players(I wonder if
they do that to make there shows more interesting)why dave matthews,why eddie
veder,why sheryl crow,why eric calpton why not former band mates.

You and I do not know the real reasons and never will - this is a forum and
why not dream and hope since they are on tour. and I rather discuss the MT era

This discussion will always come up when they tour especially when they hit
europe

Date: October 3, 2005 21:41

Smokey,JJ,Fan since 64, etc.

If & when Taylor does sit-in again with the Stones,

(and it will happen one of these days, almost happened last tour!)

Please don't listen, don't come to the show (if it's near you)!!

Stay home and watch your "Stripped" DVD

these Stones fans don't want you there!!!!

MLC

Date: October 3, 2005 21:59

You are a Stones fan? Don't most fans buy or at least listen to their band when they put out a new cd. I find it funny that all you can do is talk about the past without even listening to what the band is currently doing. Why waste your time coming here if you are only interested in what the band did in 1972. That was over 30 years ago.

Posted by: tat2you ()
Date: October 3, 2005 22:11

bassaleman Wrote:
> Sometimes i find it very hard to believe that this
> is a Rolling Stone fan web site due to the way
> these posts pick at Ronnie...and Chuck and even
> Keith and on and on and on...and by the way Mick
> Taylor blew it by leaving .

INDEED!!!!

Date: October 3, 2005 22:11

JJ - I have listened / bought "some" of the Post Taylor era Stones music!
I have Some Girls, Steel Wheels, and I'm sorry if it disturbs you that I would like to see (once more) the lineup that produced the best music I've ever heard!
you would think "Stones fans" would like to see it too, just for that heck of it,
but some people are happy with hals-assed while others strive for perfection!!

PS - I have listened to Rough Justice & Streets of Love!! - not impressed!

MLC

Date: October 3, 2005 22:13

I do I have all the records and have commented on ABB and I know alot about
the stones and have contributed more then you think. Ouch I might actually have
more stones boots then you.

Posted by: camper88 ()
Date: October 3, 2005 22:19

While were at it, I sure hope that the Yankees can bring back Reggie Jackson for the playoffs this year.

He was great in 1977, played well in all the stadium gigs.

Posted by: artur34 ()
Date: October 3, 2005 22:21

J-J-Flash Wrote:
> You are a Stones fan? Don't most fans buy or at
> least listen to their band when they put out a new
> cd. I find it funny that all you can do is talk
> about the past without even listening to what the
> band is currently doing. Why waste your time
> coming here if you are only interested in what the
> band did in 1972. That was over 30 years ago.

you right i am going to listen to my @#$%& bootlegs pre-70's rather reading about the woody,s status as 'a team player, or having fun and a good time on stage..
WE'RE GOING TO PLAY OUR OWN MUSIC IN OUR OWN WAY AND YOU'RE GOING TO ENJOY IT

Date: October 3, 2005 22:38

tell U what "Camper" - if Reggie was "hitting Home Runs" right now
(like Taylor is when he plays) I'd take him in a instant!!!! over your
current Yankee bums (I'm an Angel fan and can't wait until they send the Yankee's
home again for the year!!!

MLC

Date: October 3, 2005 22:45

OpenG, I was actually referring to you but did not say your name in another post. You may write about Taylor a lot but you can also comment about other things related to the Stones and you make good points, while some Taylor comments you post can be humorous at least you acknowledge that yourself at times.

MLC, I was referring to before you told me you had not heard the album yet last week. To judge or write off an entire album based on two songs is exactly what I am talking about. You are quick to write off everything they do today without even hearing it. I am all for the Stones doing a show with Taylor but to come to a message board and talk only about that and nothing else is a little strange don't you think. Then you make a point or say something about how the Stones would be nothing without Taylor and start an argument. Then myself or others will debate your point and you just respond to another topic saying the same exact thing about Taylor or the Stones being nothing without him, his playing and songwriting.. This just leads me to beleive you come hear to say ridiculous things to get people fired up and nothing else.

Posted by: Markdog ()
Date: October 3, 2005 22:55

Talk about your favorite band.

Mick Taylor did not write the songs. He play great leads on many songs but Mick and Keith wrote them. They same two that have been writing the songs for 40 plus years.

Perhaps many here are Mick Taylor guitar fans more than Stones fans. Is there a Mick Taylor fan club site for them?

Date: October 3, 2005 23:54

we'll never know 100% on this - but the theory is that MT did in fact write some songs he was never credited for - Ventilator Blues being an example. I believe he did write (or co-write) several on the few albums he played on....your beliefs may vary.

Date: October 3, 2005 23:57

Dog - do your homework!! Keith wasn't even in the studio for songs from
Sticky Fingers, Goats Head Soup & IORR. Look to eariler post's to see which
songs were talking about. Why do you think Jagger was the one so pissed when
Taylor quit! he lost the beautiful lead's behind his vocals!!!!

JJ - Love the way you like to "add" to my comments regarding Taylor and the Stones, I said he was an "integral" part of the machine that made the Stones
the "top" band from 1969 to 75. He wasn't the only reason the Stones grew so
big, but was a main reason (IMO) he was the buzz on the street, people always
talked about Jagger, but after him the topic was TAYLOR, Keith was hardly
mentioned, back then! And I'll listen to the new album when I get the chance,
everyone on this board was talking about "Rough Justice" as "the" new song
on the CD, gimme a couple of others you think are noteworthy and I'll search
them out and listen and provide my comments. Justice sounds like so many other
songs from this lineup, Ronnie's same "average" slide playing, nothing that
will go down in the books as a must listen to, like (shall I name them?)

Sway, TWFNO, Hide Your Love, Ya's Ya's version of S.for the Devil,
Shine a Light, Winter.......

MLC

Posted by: Ket ()
Date: October 4, 2005 00:14

@#$%& Mick Taylor! He quit, got @#$%& up with drugs, made boring solo records and is now scraping by, he has only himself to blame for his failed carreer, It is not Jagger's fault, it is not Richards fault and it sure as shit is not Wood's fault. They don't owe him anything, he left them high and dry in 74 and is paying the price. I actually think it was a good thing because GHS and IORR were weak records compared to Some Girls, and Time waits for no one is by far the most overrated stones song ever, it is bloody boring!

Date: October 4, 2005 00:24

tell us how you really feel, Ket. don't hold back this time.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: October 4, 2005 00:26

OK. There have now been so many I hate Ronnie and I hate Chuck and I hate this and I hate that posts that all future posts of that kind will be deleted for a while now. We don't need them. They are destructive and they are meaningless. Because Mick Taylor quit in the 70's. I.e. 30+ years ago. So forget it. Go somewhere else if you don't like the band called the Rolling Stones. Today, and for 30+ years now, with the band members Ronnie Wood, Charlie Watts, Keith Richards and Mick Jagger. Sure you can make critical comments. But we have heard this 1000 million times now. It is not interesting anymore. It is boring. Make your own hate site or whatever. But don't waste time making more posts about this here. Thank you.

PS. Yes. I have had enough. And I am the editor. So I decide when enough is enough.

Bjornulf Vik
IORR Editor

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1935
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home