Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617
Current Page: 17 of 17
Re: OT: KISS Farewell Tour
Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: December 3, 2023 19:39

No doubt some folks will pay for this avatar malarky.Not much different from folk paying to see a live band with no original members or maybe just one original member.The bands name still brings in the dollars.
Seen plenty of great Kiss shows from the Bingley Hall show in 1980 until the last show In Manchester .They always put on a great show on.Saw the original line up too.And I think the curent line up was the best live outfit.This avatar nonsense is a no go for me.But if folks get a good evenings entertainment from it that’s cool with me.

Posted by: jahisnotdead ()
Date: December 3, 2023 21:07

Eh, I remember going to Pink Floyd light shows back in the day. Seems this is just the next version of that idea.

I can only judge both shows based on YouTube videos. But from what I saw Abba's show looked like a real concert, and Virtual Kiss looked like a bad video game. Again, it's probably not fair to judge how a full length Virtual Kiss live show would look like until it happens.

It seems to me that the future of music hologram shows is going to be in the ability to tour with them. The ABBA show apparently works because the specially built theater can create the illusion that real people are performing on the stage. I just don't know how Kiss can make that work if Gene is going to be flying around with giant bat wings.

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: December 4, 2023 00:04

FYI - both Mick and Keef have hinted towards something similar to what ABBA and KISS are doing, after they are done.

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: December 4, 2023 00:49

They're not hiding the fact that it's a hologram concert.

Get stoned and go have a good time.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: December 4, 2023 00:53

I like the idea. Wish this existed for people like Jimi Hendrix, The Doors, Janis Joplin and list goes on and on. Very cool technology can preserve some of this for future generations.

Posted by: HonkyTonkJan ()
Date: December 4, 2023 02:04

I heard Mick say say something about this on stage.
It sounded like he was joking to me....
"The avatars aren't quite ready yet, so you'll have to make do with the real thing."
Taking the piss out of Abba was how I perceived it.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: December 4, 2023 04:56

I want a hologram all night, and party everyday.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: December 4, 2023 06:29

spikenyc
FYI - both Mick and Keef have hinted towards something similar to what ABBA and KISS are doing, after they are done.

Oh come on. They were joking.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: December 4, 2023 06:31

HonkyTonkJan
I heard Mick say say something about this on stage.
It sounded like he was joking to me....
"The avatars aren't quite ready yet, so you'll have to make do with the real thing."
Taking the piss out of Abba was how I perceived it.

Yeah it was just one of his on-stage jokes. Mick has had people who write the jokes for him since, I dunno, Voodoo Lounge?

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: December 4, 2023 12:14

Koen
I want a hologram all night, and party everyday.

To quote the late, great Gord Downie:
Mother cried ‘The horror has finally ceased!’
He whispered ‘Yeah, for the time being at least…’

OT: KISS Farewell Tour
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: December 4, 2023 13:38

Mick and Keith's recent comments on a Stones hologram show:

Keith Richards has said The Rolling Stones are "bound to" have their own hologram show - whether he likes it or not.

The legendary guitarist has said he wouldn't rule out an ABBA Voyage-style tour from the band - completed by Mick Jagger, 80, and Ronnie Wood, 76 - but doesn't think he wants to be around to witness it.

"Well, I certainly wouldn't rule it out," he mused to Apple Music 1. "I'm pretty sure that it is bound to happen. Do I want it? Now, that's another thing. But I don't know if I want to hang around that long enough, man. But at the same time, it won't be up to me, will it?"

Jagger previously addressed the topic in an interview with The Wall Street Journal, where he said: “You can have a posthumous business now, can’t you? You can have a posthumous tour.

"The technology has really moved on since the ABBA thing, which I was supposed to go to, but I missed it.”

[www.radiox.co.uk]

Date: December 4, 2023 15:11

Hmm, wonder how many people will flip-flop opinions now winking smiley

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: December 4, 2023 16:51

Mick and Keef might have been "tongue in cheek" with their comments about this but like they both said,
like it or not they wont be around to control it,
As creepy as it sounds, I think its inevitable that we will see a virtual replica of the Stones in the future.

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: December 4, 2023 17:50

I haven't seen any video of the KISS holograms, would be interesting to see how realistic it looks.

Date: December 4, 2023 18:03

kovach
I haven't seen any video of the KISS holograms, would be interesting to see how realistic it looks.

[iorr.org]

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: December 4, 2023 20:48

[www.youtube.com]

So far, Paul sounds like utter dogshit on Detroit Rock City. Wonder if the backing track kicks in at some point...

Date: December 4, 2023 22:36

RollingFreak
[www.youtube.com]

So far, Paul sounds like utter dogshit on Detroit Rock City. Wonder if the backing track kicks in at some point...

It took a verse or so, then he sounded OK, imo.

Date: December 4, 2023 22:53

Reviews were kind, but Stanley's vocal shortcomings didn't go unnoticed:

[variety.com]

[apnews.com]

[www.rollingstone.com]

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: December 4, 2023 23:02

Getting conspiratorial (which as a KISS fan as part of the game), but I wonder if Paul "got the flu" just in time for any vocal problems to be blamed more on that than his weakened state. Still not great vocals, but at least there's an excuse, a caveat, and it softens the blow, maybe in his mind.

I doubt it, cause I don't think its worth the money and time for everyone involved to cancel 2 or 3 shows in between like they had to, but makes me think.

Paul never really gets better on this show. Why he insists on screaming during every break is beyond me, its only hurting him more. His voice sounds even more ragged talking than when he's singing. Sad to see, but not unsurprising. Love the band, their output in the 70s is fantastic, and they had some really great stuff in the 90s. Hope people enjoyed but this is about the mediocre KISS I remember when I saw them 15 years ago and not really "going out on top" in my book.

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: December 4, 2023 23:38

bye bye johnny
kovach

[iorr.org]

I looked at those earlier, didn't see any video of the holograms.

Date: December 5, 2023 00:05

In the 1980s I saw the Michael Jackson hologram at the Epcot Center in Disney World. It was amazing. I can only imagine how much better the technology must be now.

Posted by: TurningToGold2 ()
Date: December 5, 2023 00:22

If you piece all the different interviews and different jokes together, it sounds to me like Keith has said, "no holograms while I'm alive and here," and then whatever happens after that, happens, if it happens. They seem to have an agreement that once someone bows out or dies, the others can do whatever they want and decide to continue or not. They continued after Charlie, with his blessing, and I suppose that once it gets even further along down the line, where touring and performing becomes really challenging, the holograms will come out and it will be whatever it will be, at that time, based upon whoever is left, and it's their decision.

That Keith quote really sounds to me like he is saying NO to holograms now in the present, but then punting the final decision until after he's gone, and then letting someone else make it.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: December 12, 2023 10:03

bye bye johnny
Mick and Keith's recent comments on a Stones hologram show:

Keith Richards has said The Rolling Stones are "bound to" have their own hologram show - whether he likes it or not.

The legendary guitarist has said he wouldn't rule out an ABBA Voyage-style tour from the band - completed by Mick Jagger, 80, and Ronnie Wood, 76 - but doesn't think he wants to be around to witness it.

"Well, I certainly wouldn't rule it out," he mused to Apple Music 1. "I'm pretty sure that it is bound to happen. Do I want it? Now, that's another thing. But I don't know if I want to hang around that long enough, man. But at the same time, it won't be up to me, will it?"

Jagger previously addressed the topic in an interview with The Wall Street Journal, where he said: “You can have a posthumous business now, can’t you? You can have a posthumous tour.

"The technology has really moved on since the ABBA thing, which I was supposed to go to, but I missed it.”

[www.radiox.co.uk]

how is it not up to him it's his own image?confused smiley

frankly he sounds like me appalled by the notion of the holographic rolling stones

really hope he puts his foot down on this idea

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: December 12, 2023 14:52

Oh no... the garage band from hell will continue in 2024-25 with "demand" dates, huh.

At least Elton has had the courtesy of sticking to his word. And he's a gazillion times better, of course.

Hey there Gaslightstreet stick some grease paint on and dust off your platforms and strut yah stuff at a gig,you might enjoy it.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617
Current Page: 17 of 17

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2189
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home