Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Ronnie Wood - Must Be Love
Posted by: Testify ()
Date: August 15, 2018 00:50

I believe that Ronnie besides being a great guitarist and having done great things with the Rolling Stones, has made a great solo career.
His albums are always of a good standard, but one of his best works is Slide on This, this is just one of the great songs ...
[www.youtube.com]

Re: Ronnie Wood - Must Be Love
Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: August 15, 2018 04:22

Ronnie Wood = Stones (not so) secret weapon

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: August 15, 2018 06:38

Love it, never heard it b4, thanks -

Date: August 15, 2018 08:53

35love
Love it, never heard it b4, thanks -

Really? Get the album! Now grinning smiley

Great stuff thumbs up

Date: August 15, 2018 11:34

Another good one from Slide On This:

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: deardoctor ()
Date: August 15, 2018 23:27

And get SLIDE ON LIVE, the great live album to that tour...

Date: August 15, 2018 23:55

deardoctor
And get SLIDE ON LIVE, the great live album to that tour...

+ the companion: Live And Eclectic.

Date: August 16, 2018 00:39

Yes, but avoid the bonus disc to live and eclectic which is a copy from an audience bootleg(!). I was shocked

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: August 16, 2018 02:35

On the reissue of ‘Life’ magazine (from 2012)
Ronnie Wood pages 110-111
1) I hope Jack Nicholson himself paid an outrageous fortune for that painting
2) favorite thing I learned:
‘Ronnie said he had been inspired to master slide after hearing Duane Allman back Aretha Franklin’
Mastered it Ronnie
xxoo

Posted by: woodyweaving ()
Date: August 16, 2018 03:54

I actually like the version from the stones studio outtakes better. It's a bit less produced but feels like it has more groove.

Date: August 16, 2018 21:20

SLIDE ON LIVE and LIVE AND ECLECTIC, however, are very different, even if they belong to the same tour and I do not think it is a bootleg.
SLIDE ON LIVE sounds really good, perfect recording, while LIVE AND ECLECTIC as recording is not the best, but it has many songs that are not in SOL, like the beautiful Always Wanted More and an amazing version of Little Red Rooster.

Date: August 16, 2018 23:50

Testify
SLIDE ON LIVE and LIVE AND ECLECTIC, however, are very different, even if they belong to the same tour and I do not think it is a bootleg.
SLIDE ON LIVE sounds really good, perfect recording, while LIVE AND ECLECTIC as recording is not the best, but it has many songs that are not in SOL, like the beautiful Always Wanted More and an amazing version of Little Red Rooster.

You are right.
I guess, live and eclected is a radio broadcast which has been offical released years later. But I talked about the BONUS DISC to live and eclected, which contained tracks like SOMEBODY ELSE MIGHT and which is a terrible audience recording. Very strange release

Date: August 16, 2018 23:58

woodyweaving
I actually like the version from the stones studio outtakes better. It's a bit less produced but feels like it has more groove.

Which song?

Posted by: jp.M ()
Date: August 17, 2018 09:40

... the bonus disc Sound is not that terrible..!

Date: August 17, 2018 14:38

watching RW radio show on Axis i learned that Mystifies Me is dedicated to Patti Boyd...who knew?

Date: August 17, 2018 16:13

jp.M

It's an ordinary audience recording, probably bootleg-sourced. This IS terrible, if it's an offical release.

His later "archieve -releases" like first barbarians were bootleg sourced as well, bad enough, but after all these were soundboards

Date: August 17, 2018 16:24

deardoctor
jp.M

It's an ordinary audience recording, probably bootleg-sourced. This IS terrible, if it's an offical release.

His later "archieve -releases" like first barbarians were bootleg sourced as well, bad enough, but after all these were soundboards

It was a very low-key release, wasn't it?

Date: August 17, 2018 18:22

I think so. Have never seen it again after buying

Posted by: KeithNacho ()
Date: August 17, 2018 22:19

Best ever song......Dylan's seven days played by ronnie

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 17, 2018 22:40

KeithNacho
Best ever song......Dylan's seven days played by ronnie

thumbs up

There's a handful of truly great Ronnie solo tunes, and that is one of them.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: August 17, 2018 23:59

woodyweaving

"Must Be Love" is on a Stones' outtakes album? I remember Redeyes/When you're Gone but didn't know of another one used by Ronnie for one of his albums.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: August 19, 2018 00:34

Neither did I know that this song is present on a bootleg of the Stones, can you tell me which one? If so, I imagine that this song by Ronnie wanted to insert it in some Stones album but it did not work out. The song is still credited to Jerry Williams on his album, so it is a cover, but very beautiful.
In my opinion Ronnie has written many interesting and very varied things, I have all his albums and they are almost all excellent.

Date: August 19, 2018 08:09

Testify
Neither did I know that this song is present on a bootleg of the Stones, can you tell me which one? If so, I imagine that this song by Ronnie wanted to insert it in some Stones album but it did not work out. The song is still credited to Jerry Williams on his album, so it is a cover, but very beautiful.
In my opinion Ronnie has written many interesting and very varied things, I have all his albums and they are almost all excellent.

To my knowledge, it is not.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: August 19, 2018 14:46

Is not it time for Ronnie to release a new studio album..
Jeroen

Date: August 19, 2018 14:51

thumbs up
RW solo stuff better than anything KR or MJ puts out solo...it just doesn't generate sales....unfortunate.

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: August 19, 2018 15:04

1,2,3.4 !

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: August 19, 2018 15:16

Some of his best songs on Slide on this.

Date: August 19, 2018 15:31

The whole 'Slide on This" album is topnotch. He seemed really focused on that album' with Bernard.

Date: August 19, 2018 17:09

Palace Revolution 2000
The whole 'Slide on This" album is topnotch. He seemed really focused on that album' with Bernard.
I agree, the album was recorded in the Ronnie villa in Ireland, where Voodoo Lounge was also recorded, Ronnie and Bernard worked together a lot for this album and it feels. There is some funny anecdote from that period on Ronnie's book.
We hope for a new album, Ronnie's albums have always intrigued me.

Posted by: woodyweaving ()
Date: January 28, 2019 00:59

Sorry for the long delay - I had not been online in quite some time and this post had disappeared. I can't recall the name of the boot but I have the track on my phone still. If you are curious I can see if I can find a way to set up a dropbox or something with it available to download?
Also, if someone knows the name of the boot it also had ronnie wood doing an early version of bobby womack's 'too close for comfort' on it also if that helps jog the memory.

Edit: I don't have the full boot but I believe they were during stones sessions maybe for dirty work. If memory serves I think they said KR and RW so I'm not sure how much of the full band were involved or who else helped record them.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-01-28 01:50 by woodyweaving.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2202
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home