Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 4 of 7
Re: Steven Tyler -Muscle Shoals Brown Sugar cover
Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: August 5, 2018 07:05

DandelionPowderman
hopkins
I hadn't heard that rumor Dandy but it might be true about 'train'?
Joe's got showcase oomph and some earnest tough strokes and runs for certain,
but I've always felt that Whitford was the guy with good 'studio' chops,
to my def non-studio pro level ears anyway. Brad seems to have the steadiness
and propulsive chops with exactitude that lets the other stuff kinda flash up front...where the stars roam the big spaces dramatically lit....
....i think that's probably true for their studio work too.
tho diff instruments of course, and again it's weird to compare ye Olde Gods
with our yank snotties...but maybe Whitford is the largely unheraled 'Wyman-Perks' of their group...it's a mighty good track even if they hired help tho; that producer was really key; he really, really had a handle on what he had and where he could take those guys sonically imo....as far as Joey goes; i mean, he does not belong in a coversation about Mr. Watts. He's stiffer than laundry on the line with that big detergent smell don't get me started. nobody ever accused Joey of having too much loose magical swing to his stomp. I'd rather see The Stones suck than a good Aero show and I really do have massive respect and affection for a huge chunk of their career; those first ten years; i mean most bands don't get that HIT and have a career span a fraction of what Aero put together; they were kinda cheap from the gitgo in some ways; that awful Sgt. Pepper movie; they were good fake Beatles too haha; i love the old bastureds don't get me wrong; except for jOEY; I was giving him a lot of points because he was real sick and got better; and also he seems to have a tic that makesa him vulnerable; or a serial killer; it's sort of hard to tell; did he sway those things about Charlie; hahahaa; that's great.....another pisseed off fan; he probably thiniing; 'hah we had jack douglas and they have whats his name...' who knows, right? shut up joey

Steve Hunter and Dick Wagner supposedly did the solos on Train Kept A Rolling.

If memory serves there are live stuff with both Crespo and Dufay on the red and blue live albums (Live Classics?) by Aerosmith (might be on just one of them).

Steve Hunter that Lou Reed used on 'R&R Animal' live thing years back?
whoa

Posted by: pt99 ()
Date: August 5, 2018 18:17

keefriffhard4life
potus43
GasLightStreet
keefriffhard4life
potus43
keefriff99
DandelionPowderman
OpenG
Early on Tyler and Perry had a lot more problems keeping the band intact then jagger/Richards.Didn,t they have a lot of lineup changes early on not a huge fan of Aerosmith,Despite the Tyler's troubles, including an incapacitating motorcycle accident in January 1981,Jimmy Crespo and Tyler forged a songwriting and touring partnership. Crespo co-wrote six of the songs on Aerosmith's 1982 album Rock in a Hard Place with Tyler. Crespo performed most guitar duties on the album. Then Rick Dufay joined on I think after 1982 to replace Whitford. Also some of the guitar work on the early records was done by othero musicians and not Perry from what I can remember.

Perry quit before Rock In A Hard Place. Eventually, Whitford did, too. Crespo and Dufay both played on that album, if memory serves. And they did tours as well.

Session guys allegedly played some stuff on Train Kept A Rolling. Haven't heard about other songs?
Aerosmith has kept their classic lineup intact for their career much longer than most bands, Stones included.

[en.wikipedia.org]

Attacking Aerosmith for trading out members during a brief period in the '80s is a peculiar line of attack for a Stones fan, of all people, to make.
you could not be more wrong. They BROKE UP for God's sake.Explain to me how that applies to "intact". Geez

aerosmith never broke up that i know of

Aerosmith never broke up.

Yup, they did. Wiki is the LAST thing one should look to for reliability

just give us the years they broke up then

Yes, I was at their "reunion" show

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: August 5, 2018 18:22

They did not break up! Joe Perry left the band, as did Brad Whitford. Yet Aerosmith continued to tour as a band until those two returned. I saw the 1982 show with Jimmy Crespo as their lead guitarist. The other two returned to do the Done with Mirrors album and reunion tour. But the band never officially broke up.

Date: August 5, 2018 18:32

If those two were out they broke up I was at their reunion show

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: August 5, 2018 18:35

potus43
GasLightStreet
keefriffhard4life
potus43
keefriff99
DandelionPowderman
OpenG
Early on Tyler and Perry had a lot more problems keeping the band intact then jagger/Richards.Didn,t they have a lot of lineup changes early on not a huge fan of Aerosmith,Despite the Tyler's troubles, including an incapacitating motorcycle accident in January 1981,Jimmy Crespo and Tyler forged a songwriting and touring partnership. Crespo co-wrote six of the songs on Aerosmith's 1982 album Rock in a Hard Place with Tyler. Crespo performed most guitar duties on the album. Then Rick Dufay joined on I think after 1982 to replace Whitford. Also some of the guitar work on the early records was done by othero musicians and not Perry from what I can remember.

Perry quit before Rock In A Hard Place. Eventually, Whitford did, too. Crespo and Dufay both played on that album, if memory serves. And they did tours as well.

Session guys allegedly played some stuff on Train Kept A Rolling. Haven't heard about other songs?
Aerosmith has kept their classic lineup intact for their career much longer than most bands, Stones included.

[en.wikipedia.org]

Attacking Aerosmith for trading out members during a brief period in the '80s is a peculiar line of attack for a Stones fan, of all people, to make.
you could not be more wrong. They BROKE UP for God's sake.Explain to me how that applies to "intact". Geez

Didn't use Wiki. You are just spewing fake news.

Aerosmith are about to break up... ater 45 years of being together.

Date: August 5, 2018 18:36

potus43
keefriffhard4life
potus43
GasLightStreet
keefriffhard4life
potus43
keefriff99
DandelionPowderman
OpenG

[en.wikipedia.org]

Aerosmith have never had a "reunion" show.

Date: August 5, 2018 18:36

potus43
If those two were out they broke up I was at their reunion show

Nope. And you weren't.

Date: August 5, 2018 18:39

Yup. and I was. The great Nuge opened

Date: August 5, 2018 18:43

potus43
Yup. and I was. The great Nuge opened

You were not at an Aerosmith "reunion" show since there never has been one.

Date: August 5, 2018 18:45

Yup. I was there. The great Nuge opened.

Date: August 5, 2018 18:47

potus43
Yup. I was there. The great Nuge opened.

Date: August 5, 2018 18:47

GasLightTroll.

Date: August 5, 2018 18:48

Was a very good show, that reunion

Date: August 5, 2018 18:48

potus43
GasLightTroll.

GasLightFacts.

Go ahead, keep telling lies! It's hilarious, Wiki43!

Date: August 5, 2018 18:50

Was a terrific reunion, I tell ya! (Boy you are EASY!)

Date: August 5, 2018 18:52

potus43
Was a terrific reunion, I tell ya! (Boy you are EASY!)

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 5, 2018 18:58

Technicalities aside, I always assumed they did in fact "break up" after Perry and Whitford left ...or maybe more accurate to say they took a detour/intermission. Whatever you want to call it, there was a massive void in the band as the new faux band failed, and hard to even call them "Aerosmith" for that brief period. I do recall Done with Mirrors being hailed as a comeback at the time as well as a reunion, but that might have to do with the fact that all the core members were reuniting.

Date: August 5, 2018 19:08

Hairball
Technicalities aside, I always assumed they did in fact "break up" after Perry and Whitford left ...or maybe more accurate to say they took a detour/intermission. Whatever you want to call it, there was a massive void in the band as the new faux band failed, and hard to even call them "Aerosmith" for that brief period. I do recall Done with Mirrors being hailed as a comeback at the time as well as a reunion, but that might have to do with the fact that all the core members were reuniting.

The band continued. That's not a break up like FakeNews43 keeps blithering.

Date: August 5, 2018 19:10

potus43
keefriffhard4life
potus43
GasLightStreet
keefriffhard4life
potus43
keefriff99
DandelionPowderman
OpenG

[en.wikipedia.org]

you are talking about the reunion of the 5 classic members. the band itself never broke up.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: August 5, 2018 20:54

He understands. He's saying the loss of Perry and Whitford constituted a break-up. He doesn't count the Jimmy Crespo album or shows as legit. Like GNR fans who say it's not the real GNR without Slash.

Date: August 6, 2018 01:05

Rocky Dijon
He understands. He's saying the loss of Perry and Whitford constituted a break-up. He doesn't count the Jimmy Crespo album or shows as legit. Like GNR fans who say it's not the real GNR without Slash.

still though they had 3/5 of the classic lineup. the stones only have 3/5 of the lineup from the 1st album. and its been that way the last 27 years. does that mean its no longer the stones?

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: August 6, 2018 22:41

I'm not agreeing with him, keefriffhard4life. I just understand that Mr. President isn't confused. Rather he enjoys being willfully ignorant of the point others were trying to make.

And I'd say, yes it's still the Stones obviously. I'd say yes, Aerosmith never broke up. The reunion was of the classic line up but 3/5 of the band never left including the front man. I'd say, yes CHINESE DEMOCRACY was more an Axyl solo album than any sort of band effort given the number of pinch hitters who appear throughout. You need a @#$%& family tree to understand how that album was made.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: August 7, 2018 05:57

potus, mickscary, whatever you wanna be called. Your are thick as a brick. If a band was touring as Aerosmith then they never broke up! If they lost some original members but still toured as Aerosmith they didn't break up. When you say reunion show you mean when Joe Perry and Brad Whitford rejoined Aerosmith, the band, they never broke up. Just like Pink Floyd toured and released music without Roger Waters. They did not break up. Read a book if you can.

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: August 7, 2018 06:48

> The great Nuge.

There's the giveaway lol.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: August 7, 2018 08:56

Date: August 7, 2018 09:59

A new troll race? grinning smiley

Posted by: MrMibbs ()
Date: August 7, 2018 21:23

whitem8
potus, mickscary, whatever you wanna be called. Your are thick as a brick. If a band was touring as Aerosmith then they never broke up! If they lost some original members but still toured as Aerosmith they didn't break up. When you say reunion show you mean when Joe Perry and Brad Whitford rejoined Aerosmith, the band, they never broke up. Just like Pink Floyd toured and released music without Roger Waters. They did not break up. Read a book if you can.
mickscary wins again got your goat !!

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: August 8, 2018 11:25

potus is two people? like he's president AND vice president!!??
wow.

that's so cool.

or she is? you never know this day; we almost had a women president
except she didn't she didn't get elected yet but she is persisted for now
but those kind of things live forever; somes of them. anyway,there could be a female president you know.
or if any of you other countries have a Queen vacancy, she's getting antsy again, and def has a skillset. it's not all just graciousness and sincerety; but a little of that goes a long way, friends.
sure we could have a chick female president.
it's bound to happen if this one doesn't get too upset anymore and we live.
but whatever; they say it's time for women to kind of take things over now.
that they will have more kindness and more women's intuition which is so
much better than man's intution because it's moress intuitive cause, you know,
it's just way easier to let them believe that; and also let them think you are listening after awhile. It's not rude my friends, it's the survival of a key relationship think about it, but anway, women, when they get a chance to rule us will probably not be looking for vengance or anything; thery will be more soft like Thatcher or that chick Cortez used to sell out the tribes man;
whoa. gold coast slave she bound for cotton fields; that's heavy...
the whole things prettyh nasty; how'd it make it to the radio it's filthy actually i love it so much; steven if your people are reading this maybe cut honkey tonk for the other side; god i miss singles.

Posted by: harlem shuffle ()
Date: August 8, 2018 12:00

Four pages about Tyler,who cares about this guy on a Stonessite?

Date: August 8, 2018 12:11

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 4 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1870
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home