Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Mick, Give Keith & Ronnie a Microphone...please
Posted by: Pecman ()
Date: September 29, 2005 02:51

I've loved all the tours, seen everyone since 81...but what is lacking since the 81/82 tours is seeing & hearing Keith & Ronnie singing backup and the rawness it adds to the overall sound, not to mention the chemistry by the interaction...no disrespect to Bernard, Lisa, & Blondie...but I want to hear Keith & Ronnie...even if they are off key! I don't need to hear perfect pitch background vocals.

This really could be the last time on this grand of a scale...Mick Jagger...give them a mic and let it rip!

Pecman

Re: Mick, Give Keith & Ronnie a Microphone...please
Posted by: Leonard Keringer ()
Date: September 29, 2005 02:53

you got it right.....this has been one of their missing ingredients for years....raw & ragged (a stones trademark)....best wishes

Posted by: Markdog ()
Date: September 29, 2005 02:58

I am with you 100%. That was THE Stones sound back in the day especially Keith singing back up. But seriously, they could get away with it in a small club but not the big shows.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 29, 2005 03:02

yes yes yeah i have been waiting you are right i stand with yo an dont walk back give those mike s back mick if they get tired nlisa an our motorhead friend bernard pick up go

Date: September 29, 2005 03:04

Markdog Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> >
>
> But seriously, they could get away with it in a
> small club but not the big shows.

just curious Markdog: why couldnt they sing backing vocals at a larger show? best wishes

Date: September 29, 2005 03:31

They could, but so many of the wide and varied (half assed) Stones fans out of 60,000 people would want the big show with the polish, the back up singing and the multiple horns. It's hard enough to make that many people happy, and beside who would play guitar while Keith and Ronnie were singing!?!?

They should at least sing back up on the B stage.

Posted by: Pecman ()
Date: September 29, 2005 03:42

Markdog,

Blondie would play guitar...he has been the whole tour behind Chuck, Lisa & Bernard...more Mick polish...less Keith/Ronnie rawness...

I agree...get them singing on at least the B stage...

Look Mick Jagger, everynight is not a Pay-Per-View...let's have a good time and let those guys do their thing...that's what the fans want...the people who pay $400 for a ticket and don't understand the beauty of it...well hopefully they won't buy a ticket next time and will leave one at the box office for a real fan.

Pecman

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: September 29, 2005 04:18

Markdog Wrote:
> >
> They could, but so many of the wide and varied
> (half assed) Stones fans out of 60,000 people
> would want the big show with the polish, the back
> up singing and the multiple horns. It's hard
> enough to make that many people happy, and beside
> who would play guitar while Keith and Ronnie were
> singing!?!?
>
> They should at least sing back up on the B stage.

Most guitarists (Keith included) can easily play rhythm guitar and sing back-up at the same time.

It's obviously a bit harder if there's a solo or tricky part at the same time...

Date: September 29, 2005 04:27

I was just joking with that. I could not help but remember Ronnie and Keith (mostly 80-81') more than will to stop playing in the middle of a song to take a drag, drink or just put an arm around the other while back up singing. The other would alway keep it chugging though. Keith and Ronnie were very confident in each others playing and so relaxed. That was the Stones that got me hooked.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: September 29, 2005 04:31

lol, Okay, that's cool...

Nothing annoys me more than whhn Keith or Ronnie start mugging and leaves huge holes in songs, with just the bass and keyboards remaining. It totally kills the momentum of songs.

Date: September 29, 2005 04:33

keefriff99 Wrote:
> lol, Okay, that's cool...
>
> Nothing annoys me more than whhn Keith or Ronnie
> start mugging and leaves huge holes in songs, with
> just the bass and keyboards remaining. It totally
> kills the momentum of songs.

totally agree on this one....i'd rather have less mugging/posing and more playing....audio before visual....

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1854
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home