Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Songs Played To/From B-Stage
Date: September 28, 2005 06:24

I think the Stones are making a big mistake by playing Miss You on the way to the b-stage and playing Honkey Tonk Women on the way back.This is a perfect opportunity to play some rarities and\or new songs.They would easily be able to keep the attention of the casual fans as they would be distracted and amused by the moving stage.Silver Train,She Saw Me Coming,and I'm Going Down would be great for the way down & She Was Hot would seem to work on the way back.

Re: Songs Played To/From B-Stage
Date: September 28, 2005 16:30

Anybody else agree?

Posted by: bv ()
Date: September 28, 2005 16:34

No. I don't agree. Play a song that is not important when you move around. If they were to play a rare song I want perfect sound and the band on stage. Not on a carouselle or a moving stage that is not a perfect place to watch them.

Bjornulf

Date: September 28, 2005 16:54

I see your point but,this seems like one of the very few ways to slip one or two of these songs in on a stadium or large arena crowd.

Posted by: R ()
Date: September 28, 2005 17:25

I've seen it twice now. Both songs are easy to play and easy to vamp on. When that stage moves you can see they're not entirely focused on playing but rather in not falling off the damned thing.

Posted by: Reptile ()
Date: September 28, 2005 17:28

I don't agree.

The good thing about it is that it distracts you from the actual music a bit. Now instead of them playing Miss You on the main stage, which is pretty boring, there's this moving stage, with Mick with a headset. That grabs your attention so the diehard fans don't mind hearing Miss You that much, while the average fans still hear what they want.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-09-28 17:29 by Reptile.

Posted by: tomee ()
Date: September 28, 2005 18:38

It really keeps the flow of the show going and any one sitting on floor is going to have to stand witch is a good thing. In the stadiums the thing is like ten feet high and I will always have the image of kieth flying over me. Playing a rare one there would kind of run counter to the vibe. I wouldn't care if they played in a bath tub. I don't care what they play as long as its deep. They could have played the columbus version of JJF for the whole two hours and I would have been happy.

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: September 28, 2005 18:41

A two hour JJF, that's what we need! How many people's heads on this board would explode if they came out and only played one song all night? smiling smiley

Posted by: camper88 ()
Date: September 28, 2005 18:44

I look at the Post-keith/ b stage trip as a mini concert: they start with something that everyone recognizes and casual fans can get into (Like Miss You), and then the do a song that might surprise folks, like ONNYA--because it's new, and then they close with a couple of war horses before taking it back to the main stage.
I'm not opposed to the idea of doing something unexpected on the trip out or back, but I sure wouldn't like that to be the only spot where/ when that happens.

Posted by: tomee ()
Date: September 28, 2005 18:48

they could have split it up with "all down the line" the columbus versions mind you

Posted by: inopeng ()
Date: September 28, 2005 18:59

The moving B-stage is good but I actually preferred it when they walked...not on the huge BTB bridge but just on the runway. There is something cool about seeing them walk and slap/shake hands with fans similar to it being a treat when they talk to the audience beyond "We're gonna do one called _____."

Date: September 29, 2005 02:34

I've seen them four times so far on this tour and was able to enjoy these two songs a couple of times but,if they do the same two songs at the next (last??)few shows I go to,I will lose interest until the next songs.This leads to another discussion but,I don't want to go there.I would have enjoyed rarities more in the first place at the start of the tour anyway.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1611
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home