Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617Next
Current Page: 12 of 17
Re: Manchester UK 5-June-2018 Rolling Stones No Filter live updates
Posted by: undertheradar ()
Date: June 6, 2018 02:11

MisterDDDD
undertheradar
Any comments on how Richard Ashcroft's set went?

Really impressive..
I wasn’t really familiar with him to be honest and was extremely impressed.
Now looking forward to catching him in Edinburgh a second time!

Thanks thumbs up

Posted by: MartinB ()
Date: June 6, 2018 02:11

MisterDDDD
undertheradar

Really impressive..
I wasn’t really familiar with him to be honest and was extremely impressed.
Now looking forward to catching him in Edinburgh a second time!

I agree. Didn't know him, not my kind of music, but they played very well.

Date: June 6, 2018 02:14

Thanks maumau and Cristiano for all great pics and clips. Much appreciated.smileys with beer

Posted by: yorkshirestone ()
Date: June 6, 2018 02:15

This was my 'home' show - back on my sofa in huddersfield by 11.30 pm. Way up in the corner, top tier with my girls (13 and 10) who were frankly looking forward to taylor swift at the etihad on Saturday more but enjoyed this MUCH more than they thought they would *glows with pride*
I was in GA at London 1 and Lucky Dipped Coventry, this show was on a par with Coventry
Ashcroft: great. Missed first few man but Verve classics like Lucky Man, Space and Time and Bittersweet were fabulous and well received
JJF: great intro (my previous two shows were SFM)
Shattered: nice surprise
LARS: great to hear it again, went down v well at Coventry on Saturday
YGTS: ditto
GS: Sasha volume just right
Great crowd, v tight band, loved it
That's three of my three shows for this summer done now...anyone with tickets for rest of the tour in for a treat on this form.

Posted by: yorkshirestone ()
Date: June 6, 2018 02:18

PS - security a bit more uptight than Coventry - no dancing in the aisles here

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: June 6, 2018 02:19

undertheradar
Thanks maumau and Cristiano for all great pics and clips. Much appreciated.smileys with beer

smileys with beer

Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: June 6, 2018 02:24

Jumoin’ Jack Flash Pit B in the real forint afwindt the fence

[youtu.be]

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: June 6, 2018 02:24

maumau
undertheradar

smileys with beer

smileys with beer

Posted by: DoughboyUK ()
Date: June 6, 2018 02:25

yorkshirestone
This was my 'home' show - back on my sofa in huddersfield by 11.30 pm. Way up in the corner, top tier with my girls (13 and 10) who were frankly looking forward to taylor swift at the etihad on Saturday more but enjoyed this MUCH more than they thought they would *glows with pride*
I was in GA at London 1 and Lucky Dipped Coventry, this show was on a par with Coventry
Ashcroft: great. Missed first few man but Verve classics like Lucky Man, Space and Time and Bittersweet were fabulous and well received
JJF: great intro (my previous two shows were SFM)
Shattered: nice surprise
LARS: great to hear it again, went down v well at Coventry on Saturday
YGTS: ditto
GS: Sasha volume just right
Great crowd, v tight band, loved it
That's three of my three shows for this summer done now...anyone with tickets for rest of the tour in for a treat on this form.

Nice write up. If it was on par with cov it must have been pretty special. smileys with beer

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: June 6, 2018 02:28

[youtu.be]

SFTD

Posted by: vertigojoe ()
Date: June 6, 2018 02:30

Just back from Old Trafford. Was sat up in the gods tonight so not as enjoyable for me as Southampton or Coventry where I was GA. But made up for by taking my 10 year old son to his first Rock and roll show. Poor kid everything else will be a let down from here on in.
3 shows in a week I've had a blast but did feel a bit sad during Satisfaction tonight as I reckon that's possibly the last song I'll ever see them play live. Although I did think that at Wembley on the last date of Urban Jungle so there you go.
Shattered was a nice surprise inclusion in the set list but was too slow for me, sounded under rehearsed. Let's spend the night together also I could do without.
Amazing version of Rambler with You gotta move very nicely incorporated into the middle section.
Keith was once again reborn, putting in licks and solos where he didn't have to, and wouldn't have if he wasn't feeling confident and just playing safe or posing like he used to, but looking like he was really enjoying playing again.
I hope this is not the end but realistically I'll be surprised if the UK gets anymore form the Stones apart from the Grand Finale and that won't be easy to get tickets for.
So thank you chaps for a great week and 3 great shows.

Posted by: Mr Jimmy ()
Date: June 6, 2018 02:44

Sounds like another fantastic show.

From the photos posted here, the floor / pitch looks busier than at any other show so far on this tour. Absolutely packed!

My next stop is Edinburgh and then Twickenham but based on the quality of these shows I might just have to buy a ticket for Cardiff!

What's your favourite flavour?...........Cherry Red!!

Posted by: paulstones ()
Date: June 6, 2018 03:09

thanks everybody for pix and updates, still seems that from the Kingdom no news getz out easily. Poor but great updates and no scopers at hand as sometimes we joyed to share. Well done to the Boys it's always a great surprise... I can't wait to hit the road again. Marseille and Warsaw are my aims

Posted by: balders ()
Date: June 6, 2018 03:20

Great show tonight.

Only one block at the back had empty seats.

Highlights were shattered and the previously mentioned midnight rambler which included a segue into you gotta move-neither better or worse than the mick taylor versions just different. Mick in particular makes me think they could tour for some time yet. He was at his cheeky best on Miss You jamming lyrics along the lines of "wearing your high heels with your tits out" got a mass chuckle from the audience.

Back in picadilly great to here youngsters singing satisfaction with great enthusiasm. London crowds have always been my favourite audiences-well it is home territory- but us northerners gave them a run for their money tonight.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: June 6, 2018 03:22

balders
Great show tonight.

Only one block at the back had empty seats.

Highlights were shattered and the previously mentioned midnight rambler which included a segue into you gotta move-neither better or worse than the mick taylor versions just different. Mick in particular makes me think they could tour for some time yet. He was at his cheeky best on Miss You jamming lyrics along the lines of "wearing your high heels with your tits out" got a mass chuckle from the audience.

Back in picadilly great to here youngsters singing satisfaction with great enthusiasm. London crowds have always been my favourite audiences-well it is home territory- but us northerners gave them a run for their money tonight.

LOL on ‘Miss You’ a lot of testosterone in that place, and double Edinburgh

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: June 6, 2018 03:56

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: June 6, 2018 04:05

MisterDDDD
bv
Sasha was loud and clear. They did turn up the volume. Another great show. Charlie went back after the final bow and handed out two more drumticks to the front row Keith side pit. As I walked out I could hear words like "Fantastic", "Amazing" and so on.

It was kinda funny, the guys who got the drumsticks unfolded s large colorful sign after the bow that I believe read Changr up the setlist, they yelled and got Charlie’s attention on his way off and I see and hear him say “talk to Mick”.. then he went and grabbed the drumsticks and came back and gave them to the sign holders..

I was standing next to them. Two very young Italians. I believe the sign asked for Charlie’s drumsticks - and he certainly did oblige - and how! They also held out a sign from the get-go, directed at Keith, that said “please give us a pick.” Keith likewise kindly obliged and threw four or five picks to the corner rail during the show. Never before seen him aim so many at one spot. One of them also threw his crocheted bracelet to Keith, who picked it up, conveyed his thanks and stuck it in his front pocket, making sure that half of it was hanging out and visible.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: June 6, 2018 04:31

MisterDDDD
bv
Sasha was loud and clear. They did turn up the volume. Another great show. Charlie went back after the final bow and handed out two more drumticks to the front row Keith side pit. As I walked out I could hear words like "Fantastic", "Amazing" and so on.

It was kinda funny, the guys who got the drumsticks unfolded s large colorful sign after the bow that I believe read Changr up the setlist, they yelled and got Charlie’s attention on his way off and I see and hear him say “talk to Mick”.. then he went and grabbed the drumsticks and came back and gave them to the sign holders..

“Change up the setlist” - I think every list so far has been different, right?

Date: June 6, 2018 04:44

Cristiano Radtke
Shattered:

What a joy! Keith's smile matched mine Thank You!

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 6, 2018 04:57

undertheradar

And wondering what his comment was regarding Allan Klein/Bittersweet Sympathy.
From review posted earlier:

"But, given his band’s row with the Stones’ former manager Allan Klein, over royalties, he couldn’t resist a dig when launching into Bittersweet Symphony on the night".

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: June 6, 2018 05:00

Cristiano Radtke
Shattered:

Awesome. Way better than the BANG tour and that awful version on SHINE A LIGHT. I wish they'd play Mr D but Shattered is fantastic, too.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 6, 2018 05:08

Nice pic - wondering if he wears those giant earplug/monitors the whole show?
I'd assume yes, but usually hidden under his hair.

Cristiano Radtke

[www.instagram.com]

Date: June 6, 2018 05:11

LSTNT HD clip Pit B
posted on FB
(I do not know about repost/ infringement)
It was a BLAST

Posted by: HomerSimpson ()
Date: June 6, 2018 06:00

35love
Cristiano Radtke
Shattered:

What a joy! Keith's smile matched mine Thank You!

I’m sorry but I cannot share your enthusiasm. In my opinion this is horrible. Sounds like a 45 single played at 33. I’ve never been a fan of this song live because they don’t replicate the riff from the record. It’s always been totally different, but now with all the tempo sucked out of it, it’s just hard to get thru. I’ve thought most of what I’ve seen from this tour has been amazing, but Shattered just doesn’t do it for me.

Date: June 6, 2018 06:44

I am really hoping to see ‘Miss You’ just searched utube and FB = no dice...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-06 07:18 by 35love.

Date: June 6, 2018 07:08

Christiaan
Jumoin’ Jack Flash Pit B in the real forint afwindt the fence

[youtu.be]

Hope you are sober now..lol- was a great view you had.cool smiley

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: June 6, 2018 07:08

Mr Jimmy

From the photos posted here, the floor / pitch looks busier than at any other show so far on this tour. Absolutely packed!

My next stop is Edinburgh and then Twickenham but based on the quality of these shows I might just have to buy a ticket for Cardiff!

Might ... ? Did you say MIGHT Mr J ?

Stop dithering, of course you need to buy a ticket. Get yer a** down to Cardiff, see ya there ! hot smiley hot smiley hot smiley

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: RollingStonesFan ()
Date: June 6, 2018 07:32

Green Lady
Doesn't sound as if I missed much.

No, you didn't. You just missed a great concert of The Rolling Stones. OMG

Date: June 6, 2018 07:52

paulywaul
Mr Jimmy

Might ... ? Did you say MIGHT Mr J ?

Stop dithering, of course you need to buy a ticket. Get yer a** down to Cardiff, see ya there ! hot smiley hot smiley hot smiley

By the time they get to Cardiff they won't be just firing on all four cylinders..they are going to find some new one's and fire on them too!!

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: June 6, 2018 08:44

maumau

[www.instagram.com]

Great picture.

Cant wait for Edinburgh and then cardiff.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617Next
Current Page: 12 of 17

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2205
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home